Thread: Going Clear

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest

Going Clear

Did anyone else catch the HBO documentary about Scientology called Going Clear last night? If you get a chance you should watch it. Really eye opening. That insane cult needs to have its religious standing revoked and force them to pay taxes. They make a good case why Travolta won't leave. Here's an article about it. Check it out.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news...%99/ar-AAacJEO

Very well done. This "Church" is nothing but a license to print money. As for Cruise and Travolta........they haven't made a decent movie in a lot of years. I don't know who will be hiring them now for the huge amount of money it costs.

The fact that the church was basically pimping for Cruise, the fact that Travolta is being blackmailed due to his auditing sessions, and all the other crap should start a Congressional Hearing. Then backcharge them for taxes that they cheated to keep. If this is not a cult, then Jonestown was just a weekend get-away.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Watching it now. So far, not a whole lot of new things if you have done previous research. I was really into reading about this for a few years. Very good documentary though, so far. I heard they didn't get into the murders of folks like Lisa McPherson etc.. I read it got the highest viewing since the documentary about Hurricane Katrina. People should really know about this cult.

I really want to see this, hopefully this weekend

Of course the Church Of Scientology came out with a statement saying it was all just ludicrous lies and such. That right there proves the "Church" are the ones lying as the people in the documentary proved they were telling the truth in most cases.

I watched it last night. Parts of it made me cringe ... their ''music'' video in particular ! Who in this day and age would work for 40 cents an hour ? As Kathy Griffin has said " What a bunch of fucking freaks." Spot on.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

hahaha That song!! That video!! Surely to God they had to know that it was the most cheesy and awful and terrible thing in every way known to man. I found all the Naziesque imagery disturbing too.

SNL parodied the Scientology music video last night. And, I think it's the funniest thing they've did in 20 years. They topk the piss out of them good.

It's so spot on you guys.

Thank God I'm not a Scientologist.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

^^I was singing that dam song all night. It was hilarious.

I also watched the Documentary. I thought it was good, but was disappointed that it did not touch on the Lisa McPherson stuff. I agree, their religious tax status needs to be taken away. then they need to go in and erase, or destroy all those auditing sessions. Keeping those over the heads of ppl is just horrible.

luckyinlove Guest
    I think the doc only showed what it could legally get away with since we all know how litigious Scientology is...

I LOVE Michael Keaton so I was watching SNL live when they showed that. I laughed my ass off. The dude at 2:27. I BUSTED out laughing when I saw him
    Last edited by StewartGilliganGriffin; 04-06-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Bidmor Guest
    I don't have HBO but saw the promos for the show...Tom Cruise saluting a giant photo of Hubbard was so Nazi-esque.

lovemymonkey Guest
    My boyfriend was raised pretty heavily in Scientology....He dipped out when he was about 20. We watched the documentary, but there really wasnt anything new in it. The things he tells me about it is crazy. Crazy is the only way I can describe it. His mother was pretty high up in the Sea Org.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemymonkey View Post
    My boyfriend was raised pretty heavily in Scientology....He dipped out when he was about 20. We watched the documentary, but there really wasnt anything new in it. The things he tells me about it is crazy. Crazy is the only way I can describe it. His mother was pretty high up in the Sea Org.
    Like luckyinlove said, they probably couldn't show everything they had on them for legal reasons.

lovemymonkey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Like luckyinlove said, they probably couldn't show everything they had on them for legal reasons.
    Oh absolutely. And I think for the average person, it probably contained a lot of information. But we death hags are researchers. So, not the average person are any of us

If anyone wants some good background/deeper stuff on the World of Xenu, read some of Tony Ortega's stuff. He's been writing about them since 1995 and did a few great exposés when he was the editor-in-chief of The Village Voice from 2007-12

Yeah but did you click on the video above and check out the guy at 2:27? Do it!!! Do it right now!!! He looks funny as shit!!

"Chained to Toilet as Punishment" "Missing" "Missing" "Covered in Fruit Flies" *LMAO*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    "Chained to Toilet as Punishment" "Missing" "Missing" "Covered in Fruit Flies" *LMAO*
    "Has beat up everyone in this video"

"once drop kicked this woman like a football" hahaha

Zombiegirl Guest
    I watched the documentary and was appalled at hearing all that stuff about it.....I didn't really know much about it before watching the documentary. That video is freakin' hysterical!!

Father talks about his four children who are Hollywood actors but he can have no contact with them because the "church" has forbidden them to have a relationship:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...froze-out.html

If you ask me, this is the FIRST sign that your "religion" is a cult.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva