Page 76 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2767747576777885 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,800 of 4984

Thread: What's for Dinner 2night?

I went on break late, and had a patty melt with tomato, Freddy's sauce (thousand island dressing), Swiss cheese, and monterey cheddar cheese PLUS a HUGE order of fries. I'm STILL not real hungry. BUT it's just me for dinner, since Schmoo and the boys polished off last night's leftover pizza (which was a LOT, almost two pizzas' worth PLUS breadsticks). I didn't know they'd polished it off when I ran into the store after work, but assumed they did, so I got a package of Red Baron frozen pizzas, those mini ones, for myself for tonight. And the wet foods for the floofies, because we're out of regular for them. So Max is getting chicken wet food for tomorrow, and Floofy is getting salmon.

Tomorrow is fend for yourself that I'll buy at the store, so more than likely chicken nuggets and tater tots for the kids at home, not sure if I'll be hungry or not it all depends on how late I get my break. *grumble* This bullshit of the new GM sending himself on break before he even starts the breaks on the front end is RIDICULOUS. We start losing people at 3pm, so we should get breaks done by then but no. Meaning I usually go around 2:30pm or so, and therefore I'm not hungry for dinner. Makes it hard for me to plan suppers.

Thinking Friday may be burgers and chips, since when I drink a LOT like I do on Fridays, I crave salty stuff like chips and pretzels.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Corn dogs and onion rings.

I want fish. Sissy usually has dinner with her girls, but they're in Savannah this weekend. I'm hoping she doesn't have other plans and that she actually wants fish.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I want fish. Sissy usually has dinner with her girls, but they're in Savannah this weekend. I'm hoping she doesn't have other plans and that she actually wants fish.
    Hi Cindy, Ooh, Fish sounds really good!
    I love beer battered fish, onion rings,etc..But the restaurants
    around here are just terrible at seafood, fish etc- There was a seafood shop but they closed down due to health violations! LJS here is nasty too...So if we have it, We have to buy it frozen and do it ourselves.

Captain D's is really good here. I could have had a fish platter at FATZ--half there and a doggy bag for another meal, but, no, I had to have a steak.

Sissy doesn't know what she wants for supper. She is at the doctor, so we will probably have a Publix chicken plate. Cluck cluck.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sandwiches and chips. Too bloody hot for anything else.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Fish! We ordered corn on the cob, but they gave us Cole slaw. Big deal, but Sissy was a wee bit pissed. I was just glad to finally get some food.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Lasagna & Garlic bread

PurrPurr Guest
    Water packed tuna, fresh veggies, Ken's Steak House Lite Ranch dressing (1 tbsp; Iā??m not much of a dressing eater), and peas all mixed together for a very satisfying tuna salad.

Roast chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy. Sunday dinner.

"I just go here!"

Likely roast beef sandwich.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    Egg white omelet with low fat white cheese and lots of veggies

Grilled Cheeseburgers on a toasted bun

Smart One spaghetti and baked potato.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Food. Not sure if I'm going to make pasta and garlic bread for just Miss E and me.....but we'll eat something.

"I just go here!"

Grilled pork chops, fried potatoes, corn on the cob & baked brocoli w/olive oil {I can't stand broccoli but my family loves it}

Tomorrow: Fair style corn dogs & Fries

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Grilled pork chops, fried potatoes, corn on the cob & baked brocoli w/olive oil {I can't stand broccoli but my family loves it}

Tomorrow: Fair style corn dogs & Fries
    Yum! I love broccoli, especially with cheese, but it gets cold too fast.

I am craving pancakes, but I'll have to wait for Sissy to bring the frozen kind next week. They aren't bad. I can't have the mix in the same house with me because I'll eat them for breakfast and afternoon snack. Lol.

We're having some sort of take out.

ETA: Sonic hamburger and small fries.
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-29-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Popcorn Chicken
    Broccoli & Tomatoes with a smidge of Ranch
    Watermelon Chunks (Hunny picked up an awesome one today

Grocery store night. Just Miss E and me. She had some spicy ramen noodles and I had a sausage Totino's pizza (followed by strawberry pineapple Mike's Harder)...yeah been that kind of week.

"I just go here!"

Last night it was Bison Burgers, just the patties, with some ground sage and Celtic seas salt mixed up, hubby made a cucumber salad, I keep telling him to put onion and tomatoes in it, but he won't, I am not sure about tonight...will see if I can't talk him into going out and getting something, we don't eat out much, when we do it's like pulling teeth with him to get him too.

Oh I love steamed broccoli and cauliflower.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Last night it was Bison Burgers, just the patties, with some ground sage and Celtic seas salt mixed up, hubby made a cucumber salad, I keep telling him to put onion and tomatoes in it, but he won't, I am not sure about tonight...will see if I can't talk him into going out and getting something, we don't eat out much, when we do it's like pulling teeth with him to get him too.

Oh I love steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
    Hi PK,
    My aunt use to make a delicious cucumber salad..Bison burgers? Hmm, Sounds interesting
    I'd be hard pressed to find anything like that around here.
    We don't usually eat out much either but ooooh! We did this past month! 200.00 worth!
    When I figured it all out I about had a hissy fit. Lol
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 06-30-2017 at 10:12 AM.

I always wanted a bison steak. It must be the Cherokee in me. The only place that I know of to go for one is Ted's Montana. Too expense to try something and not like it. ((((Native American in me hangs her head.))))

I'm having turkey pot pie. Two of them at 320 cals apiece and I feel guilty, but I have to eat something to satisfy MFP budget.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Olive burgers on toasted brioche bun.

Hi PK,
    My aunt use to make a delicious cucumber salad..Bison burgers? Hmm, Sounds interesting
    I'd be hard pressed to find anything like that around here.
    We don't usually eat out much either but ooooh! We did this past month! 200.00 worth!
    When I figured it all out I about had a hissy fit. Lol
    Do you have a Costco where you live, they may carry it or there is a website called buffalogal.com that sells steaks and such, bison meat is much healthier than any meat, they don't have the added hormones in it and such you get with other meat, it's leaner in fat and has a nice flavor, that is all we try to eat here in place of red meat. Yeah eating out is expensive, hubby and I go to the drive through once in a blue moon and that alone for two meals, we are talking burgers and fries and drinks is, medium size is like 20.00 that was awhile back now it's about 15 or so because all I get anymore is a what they call big cheeseburger, think of normal cheese burger you make at home, a small fry and a small drink for like 6.00, hubby gets what I call an adult combo meal oversized burger med fries and med drink, for almost eight to nine dollars. I think today we are going to get Pho. Hubby just made coconut pancakes, yummy.

Hi Cindy,
    Try a bison burger first, then if you like it then get a steak, the steak tastes just as good as the ground bison meat.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 07-01-2017 at 11:14 AM.

I might check into that, pk.

I plan having rotisserie chicken, tossed veggie salad with my scratch thousand island dressing, a fresh peach, two popsicles.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I am not sure what I am going to have, hubby is going to his mom's, I had a panic attack today so I am trying to get over that, I"ll be staying home, hubby will also being going to his brother's girlfriend's house, where hubby, his brother, and a friend of theirs and someone else will be playing D&D, I don't know if I'll just snack or fix another Tuna Fish sandwich and some grapes.

Leftovers, plus potato salad Cindy style.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Made the kids chili mac earlier..I didn't eat because I loathe chili~~~ So, they were hungry later this evening & didn't want anymore mac so I made them deluxe quesadillas..Hit the spot for them
    Husband had homemade chicken pot pies @lunch at work...Of course he picked a fight-
    For the first time in a loooooong time, I broke into the tequila (meant for our 4th friend get together)and had a shot.
    Pretty darned tired of his routine of ruining holidays and birthdays (except his) every single year with his passive aggressive pettiness. He does this so ppl will cancel our few gatherings.
    (roll eyes)
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 07-02-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Made the kids chili mac earlier..I didn't eat because I loathe chili~~~ So, they were hungry later this evening & didn't want anymore mac so I made them deluxe quesadillas..Hit the spot for them
    Husband had homemade chicken pot pies @lunch at work...Of course he picked a fight-
    For the first time in a loooooong time, I broke into the tequila (meant for our 4th friend get together)and had a shot.
    Pretty darned tired of his routine of ruining holidays and birthdays (except his) every single year with his passive aggressive pettiness. He does this so ppl will cancel our few gatherings.
    (roll eyes)
    Sounds like Mama. She wasn't happy unless everybody else was miserable. Holidays were her fave killjoys.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sounds like Mama. She wasn't happy unless everybody else was miserable. Holidays were her fave killjoys.
    Hi Cindy...Yep my mum too..The original sour puss!
    I went on to marry two just like it!
    There are theories from a few yrs of shrinks that they are narcissistic/borderline psychotic behavior from the two-
    I know mum was and mix in her schizophrenia and we are all set for the crazy train!
    With these nutzy cuckoos early on I made sure that I was tested with every test available...and everything checked ok- may be going back for therapy to figure out why this is a so called theme in my life.
    This husband (I will never marry again) is definitely passive aggressive to say the very least.
    What pisses me off the most is I was up front and set the "ground rules" per shrinks advice, from the beginning and he has stepped on toes and done some serious sabotage ever since.
    Ugh its been 28 yrs of this- The same lame game gets annoying & tiring..
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 07-02-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Hi Cindy...Yep my mum too..The original sour puss!
    I went on to marry two just like it!
    There are theories from a few yrs of shrinks that they are narcissistic/borderline psychotic behavior from the two-
    I know mum was and mix in her schizophrenia and we are all set for the crazy train!
    With these nutzy cuckoos early on I made sure that I was tested with every test available...and everything checked ok- may be going back for therapy to figure out why this is a so called theme in my life.
    This husband (I will never marry again) is definitely passive aggressive to say the very least.
    What pisses me off the most is I was up front and set the "ground rules" per shrinks advice, from the beginning and he has stepped on toes and done some serious sabotage ever since.
    Ugh its been 28 yrs of this- The same lame game gets annoying & tiring..
    Mama was an alcoholic drug addict paranoid schizophrenic. Nabo was merely a neurotic drunk. He was really good to me most of those 12 years. He bought and cooked what he wanted if he didn't like what I bought, did most of the housework, never hit me, but I have the sneaking feeling he cheated. There was just too much smoke, if you can dig that. But I was blind. After he was deported and I got to where I wanted to live, I began to see him for what he was.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Had a nice chicken Caesar salad my man picked up from Sam's club when he did grocery shopping earlier. Paired it with some watermelon 😁

Tomorrow (Monday) is cold rotisserie chicken with broccoli,tomatoes and watermelon. We are plowing thru melon at an absurd rate

Mama was an alcoholic drug addict paranoid schizophrenic. Nabo was merely a neurotic drunk. He was really good to me most of those 12 years. He bought and cooked what he wanted if he didn't like what I bought, did most of the housework, never hit me, but I have the sneaking feeling he cheated. There was just too much smoke, if you can dig that. But I was blind. After he was deported and I got to where I wanted to live, I began to see him for what he was.
    Hi Cindy, Sounds like we have a few things in common, My mum was the same..Drug addicted only her preference was prescription not street drugs as if it makes a difference right?
    She was not the nicest woman whether inebriated or not...I have always said she didn't love, she consumed. She didn't die like everyone else, she nastied away. Just one mean scary old bat.
    Really my husband has changed quite a bit for the better since the old days, Its just this whole spoil sport thing that is exhausting..I don't know why he does this crap its mostly on holidays & Birthdays..but he has ruined events that should've been happy..I let him know last night that we (the kids and I) will no longer allow the hang dog faces, sneaky attempts at sabotaging fun and if that is what he wants he can just go sit by himself .
    The first husband, We were extremely young when married..He cheated, Absolute Deal breaker for me. No exceptions.
    It was the same for me, Once he was gone I felt Much better- In retrospect, I could see what a misery monger he was..He was a spoil sport too...but he was truly a diagnosed psychopath, Still from time to time I hear how he's still spreading his misery...duplicitous miserable mamas boy.
    Its sad that your husband was deported, But it sounds like you have made peace with all of the stuff that was left with you.
    I always find it interesting or strange (I guess its how we see it maybe?) how ppl can either leave a positive or negative imprint on our lives ..

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcP View Post
    We are plowing thru melon at an absurd rate
    Hi Marty, We too blast through watermelon at the speed of light around here-lol
    I usually cut and cube it -goes in a flash. We usually juice them too-
    This last one we got was mostly rind though yuck!
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 07-03-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Not sure about tonight, Still trying to wake up, tomorrow will hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled potatoes and onion, and corn on the cob with watermelon, may make some french onion dip and have some chips as well, hubby bought a watermelon last weekend that has been sitting in the fridge, it's a small one, some reason or another we haven't cut in to it yet I hope it's still good.

Hi, Hisandhearse,
    Maybe something happened to hubby around the holidays, what was or is his mom and dad like? if they were always causing issues and ruining the holidays for him, or unless he is like my sperm donor and just doesn't want anyone else to have fun if he was in a pissy mood, he also liked to control everything, I can't stand passive aggressive people, 28 years of that? I would be like get your ass out the door, or I myself would be leaving, but what can I say, I was in an abusive relationship for three years, me being the punching bag.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 07-03-2017 at 09:10 AM.

Not sure about tonight, Still trying to wake up, tomorrow will hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled potatoes and onion, and corn on the cob with watermelon, may make some french onion dip and have some chips as well, hubby bought a watermelon last weekend that has been sitting in the fridge, it's a small one, some reason or another we haven't cut in to it yet I hope it's still good.
    Hey PK
    You just reminded me that I have some corn on the cob in the veggie bin, I hope that its still edible.
    If your watermelon was just bought last weekend, it should still be good especially if refrigerated.
    We had one for a week in a half- Just because I didn't look forward to cutting it up ..mess and all, Juice all over when cutting it..The husband suggested to contain the juice from going everywhere that maybe I should just use a large cookie sheet..I tried it and it worked really good.
    Then instead of soda the kids love watermelon juice..I put strawberries and watermelon either in the juicer or blender, They love it!

Chicken sandwich, salad. Now I'm hungry.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hi Hisandhearse, a good way to get a good watermelon is knock on it if it sounds hollow it's ripe and sweet, got that tip from a produce man when I worked at walmart, I use this method every time and always get a very red sweet watermelon. Oh I hope your corn is still good, yeah our melon has been in the fridge the whole time.

Hi Hisandhearse, a good way to get a good watermelon is knock on it if it sounds hollow it's ripe and sweet, got that tip from a produce man when I worked at walmart, I use this method every time and always get a very red sweet watermelon. Oh I hope your corn is still good, yeah our melon has been in the fridge the whole time.
    Hi PK, Don't know what happened to my last post but Thank you for the info, Bless your heart..I'll see to it that we do that the next time.
    I think they"rush" things to market here because they are extremely greedy....
    Yes, the corn was "okay" (Thank you for reminding me it was there )
    really full of kernels again picked too soon & rushed to market...greed. Ugh.

You are most welcome , Hisandhearse, Yes they do tend to rush things at the market, glad your corn was okay.

Went on break late...surprise surprise!!! Wasn't hungry at dinnertime, so naturally when I stopped at the store for girlie stuffs and other necessities I didn't get myself any dinner. Hubs is at his mom's with Miss E, and Schmoo is out and about with his friends. I'm home alone, so I ordered Domino's. Not pizza, though, because I had pizza last night. I've got a Philly cheesesteak coming with a side of chicken poppers.

"I just go here!"

PurrPurr Guest
    Fourth of July leftovers. Too hot to bother with anything else

Jersey mikes subs. I had the big kahuna
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 07-06-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Was supposed to be brats and chips...but Hubs and Miss E ate at Freddy's. They came a few minutes early to pick me up so they could eat. SO, neither of them were hungry for dinner, so we'll have the brats tomorrow night. I had gone on break at 2:30pm, so I wasn't anywhere near hungry at 5pm. Went to Wallyworld for a few things for Miss E for camp and work pants for me, so I picked up a mac and cheese TV dinner for myself for whenever I do get hungry.

"I just go here!"

Corned beef sandwich, A handful of frito's- I don't get that hungry during the summer.

Hey, Wheres Cindy? Hope all is well

Corned beef sandwich, A handful of frito's- I don't get that hungry during the summer.

Hey, Wheres Cindy? Hope all is well
    (((((Cindy raises hand))))) Here!

I had pepperoni pizza last night. Tonight was banana and mayo sandwiches, popsicles, and chocolate cake. Shoot me. I wanted a peach and sliced or chucks of watermelon, but Wally didn't have either.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I haven't had a bologna sandwich in a long time, hubby found out I adored the as a kid and went and got deli bologna and American Deli Cheese and bought white bread and lettuce and mayo for me with some sour cream and onion chips and black cherry koolaid, awwww, What I loved as a kid,

I haven't had a bologna sandwich in a long time, hubby found out I adored the as a kid and went and got deli bologna and American Deli Cheese and bought white bread and lettuce and mayo for me with some sour cream and onion chips and black cherry koolaid, awwww, What I loved as a kid,
    Hi PK,
    Aw, that is nice of your hubby to do, bless his heart
    I love bologna sandwiches with cheese as well, My other fave is corned beef on light rye with thinly sliced cucumber & sweet vidalia onions - I don't have them much because my family doesn't like them..
    But you just made me hungry. Lol

awww Hisandhearse, I love corned beef, but now I am watching my sodium, I think tonight I'll make some baked chicken tenders and steam some rice and veggies, hubby is having dinner with his mom tonight, so will be alone. Ohhh I love sweet vidalia onions.

McD. They were out of apple pies. Also, 1 popsicle. So far all the pops in the new box have broken heads or the stick slides out of the ice or both.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I loved bologna sandwiches as a kid...with mayo and Lay's potato chips, with the chips ON the sandwich. Nummy-nums!!!

Tonight? Chicken nuggets and tater tots.

"I just go here!"