Thread: Vivian Green

Vivian Green

Professional Thread-Killer

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VeuveClicquotNJ View Post
    Excellent find, as usual!

Wow. Very interesting story.

1karenhb Guest
    Very interesting, thanks for posting. She was pretty.

lynn wilson Guest
    A stupid question but wouldn't you make sure you were pregnant before you had an abortion,,,I know they didn't have home pregnancy test but couldn't a doctor tell???

Sorry but just an observation: that lady in the photo has HUGE feet! Damn!
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

HA HA HA McCourt.. When I first saw the pic, first thing I thought, "She has funky toes" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lynn wilson View Post
    A stupid question but wouldn't you make sure you were pregnant before you had an abortion,,,I know they didn't have home pregnancy test but couldn't a doctor tell???
    The Doc was so eager for that $800, he might well have lied about results of any test / exam he did. Also, waiting for the results of a pregnancy test in those days might have given a prospective client, err, patient, time to change her mind.
    Friedman may well have done MANY needless D&C's with "no harm, no foul", and his fees safely in hand-- then he started messing up, with devastating results for the last couple of desperate, deluded women.
    Good guess that the father may have been an elite member of the Rand clique -- and perhaps, married, and even more perhaps, well-to-do-- $800 in 1961 could buy one both an illegal procedure AND silence. (For that matter, $115 per month seems kind of pricey for a young single girl's apartment 53 years ago.) He, or at least other close family members, must still be alive, so it was unlikely Ms. O'Connor was going to have free rein with his"anonymous" testimony just because she had snagged an apartment with an interesting history, regardless of all her dramatic feelings of connection.
    I feel sorry for Vivian's parents, who, like most immigrants, must have had high hopes for their American daughter, and dashed to smithereens by her behavior with the very man they had disapproved. And a fan-girl of Ayn Rand, for Pete's sake!
    And yes, I'd have liked to see more photos of Vivian (and her grave), rather than the would-be biographer, her cat, and her feet (I'm SURE it was just the angle and maybe the lens-- well I HOPE so.)

Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    HA HA HA McCourt.. When I first saw the pic, first thing I thought, "She has funky toes" LOL
    That too!!! HAHAHAHAH She needs to wear socks - forever!!
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva