Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorist Attack In France

Terrorist Attack In France

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30710883

The peaceniks are at it again.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

'Armed with pump-action Kalashnikovs' lol

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/...-1227177729494
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

They gunned down controversial cartoonist's? Wow. Can't take a joke I guess.

I read there is a video of one of the killers shooting a police officer....who was down. I think I will pass on watching this.

Horrible.

AP just tweeted out that French Police have identified the 3 suspects.

http://www.breaking911.com/parisshoo...tified-report/

According to reports, the suspects are two brothers from Paris and another man from the Reims area in association with today’s Charlie Hebdo attack.
    It is also being reported in France that the three suspects have been identified as Said Kouachi, 34, Cherif Kouachi, 32, and Hamyd Mourad, 18.
    Last edited by RiotBoots; 01-07-2015 at 01:48 PM.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Hmm They aren't giving the names on the news. Just their ages. Seems weird :/

Stewart, I could have sworn I read some of the names on CNN...I went back and can't find the article.

Here is the names of the suspects:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...sher/21377861/
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    Stewart, I could have sworn I read some of the names on CNN...I went back and can't find the article.
    You could be right Leasie. I haven't heard them announced on TV but I haven't been watching non-stop

It's to difficult to watch, I'm repulsed by this madness.

gottaqhfilly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    It's to difficult to watch, I'm repulsed by this madness.
    Yes, pisslam is repulsive. Everything about it is EVIL.

The youngest one has turned himself in.

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-n...-30889144.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From a cartoonist at the Australian newspaper.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drew.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	52197
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another shooting in Paris reported, 2 police officers attacked with AK-47's
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    From a cartoonist at the Australian newspaper.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drew.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	52197
    Ok I usually find cartoons to be the most unfunniest forms of humor in the world next to miming but that one is pretty funny.

The attacks at the newspaper are bad enough, but how in God's name (literally) is burning down Mosques and other Muslim hangouts going to improve relations in France? I don't pretend to even be close to being intelligent enough to answer my own question, but honestly violence doesn't get you anything back but more violence.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Don't sell yourself short McCourt, there is more intelligence on this site then what I read from so called journalists ! Your absolutely right, violence breeds violence.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Ok I usually find cartoons to be the most unfunniest forms of humor in the world next to miming but that one is pretty funny.
    I'm with you. However, I thought this one was quite clever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    The attacks at the newspaper are bad enough, but how in God's name (literally) is burning down Mosques and other Muslim hangouts going to improve relations in France? I don't pretend to even be close to being intelligent enough to answer my own question, but honestly violence doesn't get you anything back but more violence.
    You are right, lowering ourselves to their level only provokes more violence against innocent persons. We have to be civilized enough to let a court judge them, not some lynch mob.
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

And now it is a hostage situation over there....

I think it's "funny" how butt hurt America gets when our tragedies are not taken seriously throughout the world.. This situation is a prime example as to why.

Attackers dead:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/09/europe...ing/index.html

(Well, maybe. Looks like the story is still developing.)
    Last edited by Upset; 01-09-2015 at 08:46 AM.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

And a big sigh of 'meh' was givin' throughout the US..

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Attackers dead:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/09/europe...ing/index.html

(Well, maybe. Looks like the story is still developing.)
    I hope they did kill the bastards

10 Insane rants from the Reich Wing

I'm glad they're dead.

I'm glad they're dead.
    same. especially now we coddle criminals. all i can say is, bye bitches

Bidmor Guest
    I'm glad they're dead.
    Not to worry. There's plenty more where they came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Not to worry. There's plenty more where they came from.
    Indeed.

Bidmor Guest
    Saw a Yahoo story today that Al Queda stated they coordinated the attack from Yemen. Yeah, this is a great time to shut down Gitmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Saw a Yahoo story today that Al Queda stated they coordinated the attack from Yemen. Yeah, this is a great time to shut down Gitmo.
    Actually I think our "detention center" needs to be in a remote area of Alaska. Let them enjoy the weather and play tag with the polar bears.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Actually I think our "detention center" needs to be in a remote area of Alaska. Let them enjoy the weather and play tag with the polar bears.
    agreed.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    I think it's "funny" how butt hurt America gets when our tragedies are not taken seriously throughout the world.. This situation is a prime example as to why.
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    And a big sigh of 'meh' was givin' throughout the US..
    This has been a really major thing here in Europe, especially in France, of course. One of those "where were you when" moments - not quite a JFK or 9/11, but much higher than "Michael Jackson is dead!" on the Richter Scale of calamities.

My heart goes out to those that lost loved ones during this time. Not all Americans said meh, I was happy that those cowards were caught and killed, I do care about what goes on, I say prayers and feel horrified and sad for those that were killed.

My "meh" comment was more directed toward the media which covered this tragedy non-stop. All I kept hearing every 30 seconds was how it could affect US. FOX news was the best though. They were hopping back and forth on how these terrorists were on amphetamines then back to blaming Obama. MSNBC are pussies, and CNN should be in water wings and a helmet. People need to stop getting their news from these sources. My broad comments about 'people' or 'america' usually means the media and the system. Not people in general, and especially not my FAD hags.

Rosebud666 Guest
    When I was downtown this morning, I saw a German flag flying at half mast. Presumably this is for Charlie Hebdo.

It's all over the TV news here again tonight. There was a major solidarity rally in Dresden today, and there are memorials scheduled for tomorrow in Hannover and I imagine in a score of other places. Mitch Benn did a really good song to close BBC4's The Now Show last night about how we are all going to keep calm and carry making fun of the terrorists. "If you don't want to be ridiculed, then don't do ridiculous things!" Otherwise, they didn't touch the subject.

I am getting a JE SUIS CHARLIE tee. My roots as a writer are in satire.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I have the solution. I've had it for years. But it'll never happen.

And apparently the 4th suspect is no longer a suspect and she's thought to be in Syria? Er

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...ria/ar-AA80yiS
    Last edited by StewartGilliganGriffin; 01-10-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Well said.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Rosebud666 Guest

Muslim man helps shoppers hide from terrorists

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30710883

The peaceniks are at it again.
    Yes they are. There are also some terrorists around who claim to be followers of Mohammed.

A YOUNG Muslim who helped to save Jewish lives during a siege in Paris was hailed a hero yesterday.

Details emerged of dramatic events that unfolded after Amedy Coulibaly stormed the store, killing four people inside before dying in a shoot-out with police.
    Lassana Bathily, 24, a Malian who went to school in Paris, told a French TV station how he led the group of shoppers into the cold store.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1227181544770

Bayou Queen Guest
    I am currently reading "Stonewalled" by Sharyl Attkisson and I'll take my news uncensored thank you very much. Every news agency has an agenda or a alliance to someone. This is not from FOX News or CNN, but the BBC. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30774114#

I think it is frightening to think about that the same people who attacked France, have threatened that they will do the same too Norway also

Fox News Humilates America

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-0...tml?cmpid=yhoo

Effing idiots

Any Fox supporters should be beyond asshamed

Asshats

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    I am currently reading "Stonewalled" by Sharyl Attkisson and I'll take my news uncensored thank you very much. Every news agency has an agenda or a alliance to someone. This is not from FOX News or CNN, but the BBC. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30774114#
    The BBC? You mean that left-leaning house organ of the Labour Party (at least that's the way a lot of British Conservatives see them)?

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-0...tml?cmpid=yhoo

Effing idiots

Any Fox supporters should be beyond asshamed

Asshats
    I so agree, but sadly they never will
    but thats Fox News.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 01-13-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I'm American, so clearly freedom of speech means everything to me. However, I think that with that freedom comes responsibility. I am 100% against what they are doing at Charlie Hebdo. I don't think that a publication should insult Islam just because they can or to prove a point.
    Minerva

^^^^^ This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm American, so clearly freedom of speech means everything to me. However, I think that with that freedom comes responsibility. I am 100% against what they are doing at Charlie Hebdo. I don't think that a publication should insult Islam just because they can or to prove a point.
    Then I guess you don't understand freedom of speech. It doesn't matter what you think of it and it shouldn't matter. Freedom of speech isn't there to protect popular nice speech. It's there to protect unpopular controversial speech. This is 100% extremist Islam's fault. They're protesting Charlie Hebdo in Pakistan. Perhaps you'd like to move there and be tolerant with them.

Then I guess you don't understand freedom of speech. It doesn't matter what you think of it and it shouldn't matter. Freedom of speech isn't there to protect popular nice speech. It's there to protect unpopular controversial speech. This is 100% extremist Islam's fault. They're protesting Charlie Hebdo in Pakistan. Perhaps you'd like to move there and be tolerant with them.
    I absolutely understand freedom of speech but I wouldn't expect an uneducated, angry, small minded (and small most likely in other places), little man like you to understand restraint. Just because one CAN doesn't mean one should DO things that will do nothing except inflame and anger people and put hundreds of thousands of innocent people at risk of injury or death. Where I live and when I move is none of your business so why don't you just sit back safely behind your keyboard (most likely in your momma's basement) and let the adults talk. This is clearly over your head.
    Minerva

Stewart is right. Freedom of speech is a simple and uncompromising concept. You are either ALWAYS in favor of it, or you don't believe in freedom of speech. To say "I believe in freedom of speech, but there are times when you shouldn't exercise it" is just a cop out. It's not Charlie Hebdo's fault if some nut thinks his imaginary friend wants him to kill somebody over a fucking cartoon.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Stewart is right. Freedom of speech is a simple and uncompromising concept. You are either ALWAYS in favor of it, or you don't believe in freedom of speech. To say "I believe in freedom of speech, but there are times when you shouldn't exercise it" is just a cop out. It's not Charlie Hebdo's fault if some nut thinks his imaginary friend wants him to kill somebody over a fucking cartoon.
    Thank you for discussing this like an adult. I do believe in freedom of speech but as I think you'll agree, freedom of speech is NOT absolute. I did not write the following but it explains this better than I could:

No, free speech is not an absolute.

It is sure that freedom of speech and expression should be preserved to prevent the society and nations from exploiting the power of system. However, there also should be some regulation regarding this freedom in order for the society or nations not to fall into chaos. That's because not all the people are civilized with proper common knowledge, for which there are no absolute criteria.

Fighting Words
    Words which would likely make the person whom they are addressed commit an act of violence. Fighting words are a category of speech that is unprotected by the First Amendment. Chaplinsky v New Hampshire, 315 U.S. 568 (1942).

Last edited by McCourt; 01-17-2015 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Citation added.
    Minerva