Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Terrorist Attack In France

It is such a fine line which can be twisted and tightened at will.. Which is what is happening. When something big and scary happens people are so willing to hand over their rights. Then of course when the cement is laid and this crap starts showing people be scared and like whaaa?? It is a god damned shame how fucking ignorant our citizens are. We be fucking stupid, and we don't fucking care! It's amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    It is such a fine line which can be twisted and tightened at will.. Which is what is happening. When something big and scary happens people are so willing to hand over their rights. Then of course when the cement is laid and this crap starts showing people be scared and like whaaa?? It is a god damned shame how fucking ignorant our citizens are. We be fucking stupid, and we don't fucking care! It's amazing!
    We're basing our "Freedom of Speech" arguments on the Constitution of the United States, so it may not apply in France. However, our First Amendment includes the following:

The Supreme Court has also recognized that the government may prohibit some speech that may cause a breach of the peace or cause violence.

I think what happened at Charlie Hebdo falls into this category.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

It also amazes me the coverage this has received. Would have been nice seeing something being done with the thousands of people being slaughtered, stoned, beheaded, crucified.. etc.. Hand in hand .. My ass.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    It also amazes me the coverage this has received. Would have been nice seeing something being done with the thousands of people being slaughtered, stoned, beheaded, crucified.. etc.. Hand in hand .. My ass.
    Agreed. I'm just trying to say that people think they have a right to free speech, when we are constantly be censored. Students in school are not allowed to write that they hate the staff and constantly think about burning the building to the ground. People in offices are held to standards when doing business. Authors who write books are subject to their editors and publishers approvals. Newspaper reporters are subject to the whims of their editors and the owner of the newspapers. Had this been published in an American publication and any of my family members were injured because of it, of course I wouldn't be justified in shooting a bunch of people, but the lawsuit I would bring against those who allowed it to be published would undoubtedly be successful judging by the legal precedent and the language of the Constitution itself. Its overly simplistic to believe that we have absolute freedom of speech under any and all circumstances and anyone who believes that is kidding themselves.
    Minerva

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    There is no "but" in this situation. When you hear someone say "killing those cartoonists was wrong, but...." tune out and stop listening because they have nothing useful to say. There is no but. This is not a freedom of speech issue. It is not a freedom of expression issue. It is an extremist religious issue. It is a mass murder issue. It is a terrorist issue. No debate. I'm right. You're wrong. The End.

at least 60 dead and the death toll is growing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...shootings.html

60 wounded not dead, 40+ dead
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

you can hear one of the bombs go off during the soccer game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0dzJgQGzDI

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    you can hear one of the bombs go off during the soccer game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0dzJgQGzDI
    That's creepy. You know it's serious for them to stop playing!
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

Hope all the people in France stay strong.
    Because in the next few days and weeks
    may have some hard times.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Eagles of Death Metal was playing at the theater - anyone ever heard of this group

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...osion-20151113

With all of the Syrian "migrants" being distributed all over Europe, I have a feeling this is just the beginning. RIP to those murdered.
    Minerva

Geraldo has managed to insert himself into the story

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/an-emotio...during-attack/

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    With all of the Syrian "migrants" being distributed all over Europe, I have a feeling this is just the beginning. RIP to those murdered.
    Correct and thanks to the lefties like Merkel and Hollande and their friends in the EU they have been forced down our throats..
    We now have some interesting demographics here... Villages with 300 inhabitants that are forced to harbor 750 "refugees".

I hope Europe wakes up and closes the damn borders. Send them back to where they came from. Muslim desert-dwellers do not belong in civilized Western Europe
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

This is crazy... Im crying and rest of Europe is crying. I come back and say more about it when my head is on the right place again.

But its over 140 people dead, 100 of them was on the concert

Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post
    Correct and thanks to the lefties like Merkel and Hollande and their friends in the EU they have been forced down our throats..
    We now have some interesting demographics here... Villages with 300 inhabitants that are forced to harbor 750 "refugees".

I hope Europe wakes up and closes the damn borders. Send them back to where they came from. Muslim desert-dwellers do not belong in civilized Western Europe

I hope its not too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrica View Post
    This is crazy... Im crying and rest of Europe is crying. I come back and say more about it when my head is on the right place again.

But its over 140 people dead, 100 of them was on the concert
    We're crying with you Lyrica. {{{{HUGS}}}}
    Minerva

This is absolutely insane. These bleeding heart politicians had better wake up and face the facts. Close all European borders now ! My prayers to all who lost their lives. I am crying, this is just horrific.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    This is absolutely insane. These bleeding heart politicians had better wake up and face the facts. Close all European borders now ! My prayers to all who lost their lives. I am crying, this just horrific.
    Canadians just voted in a new government who wants to bring in 25000 migrants.

Little Chief Guest
    My heart goes out to all those killed and injured, their loved ones, and the innocent muslims and refugees who are now going to suffer hate and abuse because of this.

I didn't vote him in, or his government .But we're stuck with a majority,so if the shit hits the fan here God help them.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Daily Beast says 160 dead - a very successful night for the terrorist bastards.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...s-attacks.html

Not one of my threads I wanted to see again. My thoughts and prayers go out to victims and their families.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Justin's Defence Minister says we have nothing to fear. Wanna bet ? http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/harj...dass-1.3316662

Jihadi John may be dead - some good news

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11.../?intcmp=hpbt1

Straight Outta Paris

A friend and retired teacher of my high school posted on Facebook:

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Funny Jihad John gets taken out and then suddenly this Attack on Paris...Feel like the two are connected.

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    We're basing our "Freedom of Speech" arguments on the Constitution of the United States, so it may not apply in France. However, our First Amendment includes the following:

The Supreme Court has also recognized that the government may prohibit some speech that may cause a breach of the peace or cause violence.

I think what happened at Charlie Hebdo falls into this category.
    Charlie Hebdo was protected speech in both France and the United States.

Publishing a cartoon is an altogether different matter from shouting taunts at someone in the street.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Funny Jihad John gets taken out and then suddenly this Attack on Paris...Feel like the two are connected.
    Today's attacks were long in the making, and were most likely spurred by France's involvement in Syria.
    Last edited by Maxster; 11-13-2015 at 10:32 PM.

I agree....too many moving parts to this operation to be a spur of the moment thing. France needs to start questioning the DGSE and find out how this attack took place. If it turns out that the attackers were part of the big migrant movement that has been taking place, there will be hell to pay.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

I feel bad for the people and the police in France today. Prayers for them to get through this. I can imagine what they and the rest of Europe is going through. Just from size/distance, I imagine all of Europe is feeling as the whole US felt on 9/11, even those of us who weren't in NY or DC, and of course the rest of the world is feeling that same day all over again. I agree this was probably planned in way ahead, too many things happened at once, this was planned for a while.

I had no idea anything was going on. A customer at work asked if I had heard about it, I said "No! What time did this start" and he said "oh, probably about 2" (our time of course), which was just when I started work. I couldn't wait to get home to find out what was going on.

I read that link about Geraldo, and no matter what you feel about it, as a parent I'm sure he was terrified. I did kind of laugh when he said "don't worry honey, I'm coming to get you tomorrow, do you want to come home?" and she says "I do, but no one can leave, the borders are closed" or whatever, and 2 seconds later he says "I know, we had a private plane all ready for me to come there tomorrow but the airspace over there is closed". I'm like WTF, you just said you were coming to get her tomorrow.

Filthy, cowardly bastards. My heart weeps.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

I live in Europe, I feel very angry and sad at the same time. How dare these people kill in the name of whatever they believe in? Whatever innocence that was left has gone away.

I am so angry and this breaks my heart...I just do not understand.

I'm guessing our safety is not part of his agenda .... we are in for trouble. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle27264034/

I am worried for Toronto, my favorite city. Please stay safe (I know you have little control over being the victim of a terrorist attack, but still. Things don't sound good and I've always been afraid for that city too.

ISIS (has it been confirmed it was them yet?) has also mentioned the Mall of America for a point of attack, center of consumerism and capitalism, lots of people, named after America, etc... I know the security there is taking it 100% seriously. I live about 3 miles from the mall and if they start doing multiple simultaneous attacks regularly I'd probably be in danger of being in danger too.

I don't want anyone to be scared, because that is their goal, but still want everyone to be safe.

I still dont know what to say. My heart is broken. Metal and rock fans are one big family. And friday we lost so many family members.

trojanbeauty Guest
    It's a terrible scary world we live in. Our Prime Ministers refusal to see the real threat terrorism poses to Canadians could lead to tragedy. Having been born in Toronto it is one of my biggest fears that my home town could be a target.

Forever-27 Guest
    Want this shit to stop ... Quit importing Muslims.

I'm in the UK, a different country maybe but it still feels very close to home. We've travelled to France often and are so saddened by this (not to mention all the other tragedies in the last few days around the world). I've a friend in Paris living right around the corner from the Bataclan Theatre, glad she wasn't out that night!
    There are now videos surfacing of the band playing when the attacks started, photos of the aftermath, panic still spreading through Paris. They've found a passport near to one of the dead terrorists and it turns out its that of a refugee/immigrant. So with the thousands that are crossing the boarders, that's quite scary!!
    It brings back memories of 9/11, the London Underground/bus bombings, the more recent holiday beach shooting in Tunisia... The list is endless yet where is the sense? Where is still safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Torious View Post
    I'm in the UK, a different country maybe but it still feels very close to home. We've travelled to France often and are so saddened by this (not to mention all the other tragedies in the last few days around the world). I've a friend in Paris living right around the corner from the Bataclan Theatre, glad she wasn't out that night!
    There are now videos surfacing of the band playing when the attacks started, photos of the aftermath, panic still spreading through Paris. They've found a passport near to one of the dead terrorists and it turns out its that of a refugee/immigrant. So with the thousands that are crossing the boarders, that's quite scary!!
    It brings back memories of 9/11, the London Underground/bus bombings, the more recent holiday beach shooting in Tunisia... The list is endless yet where is the sense? Where is still safe?

I know.. A Norwegian newspaper had a picture inside the venue, where you could see the bodies laying on the floor. I know im a deathhag, but i cant look at this pictures right now

Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Thanks atomicbettie, I worry that things will happen all over North America. Our leaders need to step up to the plate and do what they can to keep all of us safe. And your spot on about this scum wanting us to live in fear. That is their goal, to pacify us. We need to stand strong together and show them we will not back down and let them win.

Kind of reminds me of what happened during the Cuban refugee crisis. Carter needed the latino votes and allowed all of those poor people that arrived in rickety boats the honor of staying in tents under I-95 in and around Miami. But Castro, being smarter then Carter, decided that this would be a great time to create havoc in America and emptied out his prisons, mental hospitals and of course all of the Cuban spies. Then, after a few months and a ton of political pressure from the left, he gave most of them green cards and they dispersed all around the country after the passing of the Cuban Adjustment Act in 1966.

There are some that say that the rise of homicides and rapes all across the southern United states is a direct result of this.

My reason for mentioning this is that those of us old enough to remember that fiasco, see very dark storm clouds on their way to Europe. Mark my words this attack in France is just the tip of the iceberg. I am sad to say in my opinion this is just the first shoe to drop. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think so. No matter how you look at the Middle East refugee problem, It looks real bad. It is going to take a real statesman and a strong country to back them up. And I just do not see it.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

video of the shooting at the concert hall

http://nypost.com/2015/11/15/video-s...-concert-hall/

I am old enough to remember that fiasco. I do think your right my friend, dark days ahead. I hope I am wrong, but this is the real world. Our newly elected PM can't answer a simple question, or is keeping a low profile while this unfolds. He is to busy taking selfies. Just like his old man, an arrogant son of a bitch. His catch phrase " Watch Me! " We are watching alright, he doesn't have a fucking clue ! Put on your big boy pants, and wear Depends under them, he'll piss himself when the tide turns against him. And it will, and fast. They are now saying the person who made the tape claiming responsibility for this learned English either in Canada or the Northern United States, but by the sound of it most likely Canada. http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...-linguist-says
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 11-15-2015 at 11:34 PM.

France Strikes Back

The scope of the terror threat facing Western Europe became increasingly clear on Monday as French police uncovered an "arsenal" of weapons in a series of pre-dawn raids on suspected Islamists, while France's prime minister warned that "terrorism could strike again in the days or weeks to come."

The raids in the French cities of Toulouse, Grenoble, and Jeumont and the Parisian suburbs of Saint-Denis and Bobigny came hours after French jets struck the heart of ISIS-controlled territory on Sunday in the first direct retaliation for Friday’s terror attacks that killed at least 129 people in Paris. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11.../?intcmp=hpbt1

Alabama, Michigan governors refuse to relocate Syrian refugees after Paris attacks http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015.../?intcmp=hpbt3
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I am old enough to remember that fiasco. I do think your right my friend, dark days ahead. I hope I am wrong, but this is the real world. Our newly elected PM can't answer a simple question, or is keeping a low profile while this unfolds. He is to busy taking selfies. Just like his old man, an arrogant son of a bitch. His catch phrase " Watch Me! " We are watching alright, he doesn't have a fucking clue ! Put on your big boy pants, and wear Depends under them, he'll piss himself when the tide turns against him. And it will, and fast. They are now saying the person who made the tape claiming responsibility for this learned English either in Canada or the Northern United States, but by the sound of it most likely Canada. http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...-linguist-says
    Sure sounds like it does. What a mess.
    March 1934-July 2016

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is worried that we are headed for dark days. I am usually not like that at all, at ALL! But I do worry. But as I posted before I will not live in fear. If something happens to me, so be it, but I don't want things to happen to anyone just trying to live their lives and not hurt others.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who is worried that we are headed for dark days. I am usually not like that at all, at ALL! But I do worry. But as I posted before I will not live in fear. If something happens to me, so be it, but I don't want things to happen to anyone just trying to live their lives and not hurt others.
    My wife is a born again Christian......I am not.....that being said, she always tells me that the end of days are coming. And when things like this latest attack comes, how can I argue the point with her?

I mentioned that we need true statesman and countries that will band together to not just fight, but survive. As for the statesman, the US does not have any that I see. Hell, Obama was very late showing up to a ceremony and a moment of silence in Turkey today. Real classy Mr Obama. I am embarrassed to say you are our president. We need old fashioned statesman, not politicians to fix this mess. I just don't see it.
    March 1934-July 2016

Not all Muslims are terrorists. It is sad what happened. This is why I became Wiccan, we don't believe in violence because to commit an act of violence or any harm to anyone will come back to us threefold.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Not all Muslims are terrorists. It is sad what happened. This is why I became Wiccan, we don't believe in violence because to commit an act of violence or any harm to anyone will come back to us threefold.
    I was thinking about that this morning. It is a shame that the majority of any group of innocent people mist pay the price in death and reputation for what a few (by comparison) nutballs do.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD