Thread: Drink 10 cans of soda/day for 30 days

Bidmor Guest

Drink 10 cans of soda/day for 30 days

Fit and healthy George Pryor decided to make a guinea pig of himself to find out what happens by drinking 10 cans of Coke per day for 30 days. It ain't good.

https://www.yahoo.com/health/its-not...089767387.html

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I call bullshit. There's no way he kept his same regimen other than the soda. He's pale. He stayed inside the whole time and tried to make himself look as bad as possible. Stopped working out and such. Probably ate a lot of fattening unhealthy food. I'm sure 10 sodas a day for a month would take a toll but this guy is FOS.

A fun experiment? I think I'll smoke six rocks of meth a day - you know, just to see what happens.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    A fun experiment? I think I'll smoke six rocks of meth a day - you know, just to see what happens.
    Do that and eat nothing but pop rocks for a month. Now that would be an honest transformation worth viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    I call bullshit. There's no way he kept his same regimen other than the soda. He's pale. He stayed inside the whole time and tried to make himself look as bad as possible. Stopped working out and such. Probably ate a lot of fattening unhealthy food. I'm sure 10 sodas a day for a month would take a toll but this guy is FOS.
    ..also Yahoo has been on the anti-soda pop kick for some time now like some of their "headlines" I have seen in recent years like "Diet Soda...why do we drink this crap ??" and "Is Coca-Cola the next Phillip Morris ??".

I believe it. If you are diabetic, he has some good advice to follow.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

The SuperSize Me of the soda world. Fast food nation did a good job showing the damaging effects of this as well.

In high school we did an experiment in chemistry class, putting a hotdog then a can of Coke in a glass jar and left it overnight. The next day it started turning into a mass of gelatinous goo. A couple days later it was completely gone, save for a ring of fatty, white gunk floating on top. It looked quite like when you make beef stock from scratch and remove the fat by putting it in fridge overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I believe it. If you are diabetic, he has some good advice to follow.
    True but on the flip side of this such articles like this unfortunately does give many the idea that ONLY soda can cause diabetes and everything else would be OK. Much like cigarettes..everyone knows they can cause cancer but there are those who actually believe one can NOT get cancer from smoking cigars.

Do that and eat nothing but pop rocks for a month. Now that would be an honest transformation worth viewing.
    No shit - what could possibly go wrong, right?

All I can say is that the guy must have had bigger motivation than just a "fun experiment".

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    The SuperSize Me of the soda world. Fast food nation did a good job showing the damaging effects of this as well.

In high school we did an experiment in chemistry class, putting a hotdog then a can of Coke in a glass jar and left it overnight. The next day it started turning into a mass of gelatinous goo. A couple days later it was completely gone, save for a ring of fatty, white gunk floating on top. It looked quite like when you make beef stock from scratch and remove the fat by putting it in fridge overnight.
    I learned years ago that Coke is a great meat tenderizer. Soak a cheap\tough cut overnight and then you can practically just cut it with a fork.

Yep. There are lots of recipes out there for that. And it makes for some tasty bbq action. Try it folks then tell us we're lyin'.

Tenderize in Coke, marinate in Jack Daniels.

Awww yeaahhhh

I drink Diet Sprite constantly. It is a horrible habit but I hate water. I like the fizz. I almost feel addicted to it. It does nothing for me because it isn't caffeinated so I don't get a boost.

He is lucky his prostrate isn't the size of a lemon.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Awww yeaahhhh
    Awwww, yeaahhh...

Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    I drink Diet Sprite constantly. It is a horrible habit but I hate water. I like the fizz. I almost feel addicted to it. It does nothing for me because it isn't caffeinated so I don't get a boost.
    That stuff is terrible for you!!! The crap they sweeten it with is worse than sugar. I have no idea why they won't use stevia or splenda to sweeten diet sodas. I guess they have contracts with the chemical companies that make that "sweetener" crap. That shit causes cancer. Seriously. Better off drinking the real thing.

That stuff is terrible for you!!! The crap they sweeten it with is worse than sugar. I have no idea why they won't use stevia or splenda to sweeten diet sodas. I guess they have contracts with the chemical companies that make that "sweetener" crap. That shit causes cancer. Seriously. Better off drinking the real thing.
    I know this and yet I keep drinking it. Excessively. I guess it is like a smoker. They know it causes bad stuff but they still smoke.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    But it's loaded with that poison called aspertame or similar sweetener, which leaves the body craving more because it's sweet without any nutritious value. If you want fizz, get some plain club soda or tonic water and flavor with lime or lemon juice.

My husband drinks club soda with lemon. I have tried it and it taste horrible to me. It is like when I am served regular coke instead of diet, it taste horrible to me. I think the chemicals change your taste buds and I have drank diet since I was 15. I just need to up my willpower and go cold turkey. Perhaps that should be a New Years resolution. I will be better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    But it's loaded with that poison called aspertame or similar sweetener, which leaves the body craving more because it's sweet without any nutritious value.
    The sweeteners that are used in diet sodas has always been called "poison" by many over the years from cyclamates in the 1960's to saccharin in the 70's to aspertame today even though many of those same people for some reason had no problem using the same stuff in their coffees, teas, even in kool-aid for their kids....but they draw the line with diet sodas. I had an aunt who was like this. This was back in the saccharin era. She wouldn't allow diet sodas in her home because it's "toxic trash" because of the saccharin but yet she had no problem using Sweet & Low in her morning coffee and on her corn flakes even though that box came with health warnings about saccharin, the same warning that was on diet sodas at the time.

I give it 5 years if not sooner before we see start seeing health warnings on all sodas not too mention the removal of soda machines. I know where I work at they took out our Pepsi machine last year and added another coffee maker in its place as well as a new fridge to be used for bottled water, cold coffees, juices and energy drinks.
    Last edited by choff; 12-04-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Tonic water has sweetness to it. You oughta try it. It also aids in circulation because it contains quinine. How do I know this? Years ago I had leg cramps and my doctor said to try that before going with medication. Guess what? Just one glass a night and it worked. I used to put a slice of lime in it to add to the flavor. It was really good. Canada Dry is the best but store brands are good too. Just don't buy the diet kind or there's no point in trying it at all.

I will try it.

Tonic water has sweetness to it. I used to put a slice of lime in it to add to the flavor. It was really good. Canada Dry is the best but store brands are good too. Just don't buy the diet kind or there's no point in trying it at all.
    I used to put a little Crown Royal in mine to add to the flavor. If I had known that it had health benefits like improved circulation I might not have given it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I used to put a little Crown Royal in mine to add to the flavor. If I had known that it had health benefits like improved circulation I might not have given it up.
    Given up what, the tonic water or the Crown?

I used to drink Diet Coke like it was going out of style. I have cut back on it a LOT, but I still drink some. I cannot stand regular soda, I've had diet soda since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Diet Coke DOES have a version sweetened with Splenda, BTW. Comes in cans and the box is yellow.

I'm down to maybe two McD's medium cups of Diet Coke a day. I usually drink 2-3 liters of water, flavored with Mio and the other brands/varieties.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."