Thread: Fun Story

Fun Story

For about a year now my husband and I have noticed this house, near our bank. There are always signs on the front lawn and my husband told me that when he comes home from working in the morning, he has seen this guy sitting on his front lawn waving at cars. The signs are always very positive, like "Have a great day." "First day of school. Good luck! Have a good school year" and that kind of stuff. The signs are always hand written.

So I've tried googling to see if there was anything about the person behind it. I finally found an article, from last year, about the homeowner. It's a nice story about a local character. Hope he keeps doing it. It's always fun to go by his house and see what he has on his sign or to see him outside waving.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/doseet...ve-and-a-smile
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Great story, thanks for sharing it!
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Glad you liked it, Jim. It us uplifting to see those messages every day. It brings a smile to many people.

I visit another forum related to my home town. A lot of people have posted about a guy there on a motorcycle who drives around waving at everybody and giving a "thumbs up". It makes a lot of folks smile. A couple have reported seeing him do some weird stuff though - like parking his bike at Walmart and walking into the store - backwards - all the way through the parking lot and into the store backwards.

Wow, that is so cool. Thanks for sharing. He's a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I visit another forum related to my home town. A lot of people have posted about a guy there on a motorcycle who drives around waving at everybody and giving a "thumbs up". It makes a lot of folks smile. A couple have reported seeing him do some weird stuff though - like parking his bike at Walmart and walking into the store - backwards - all the way through the parking lot and into the store backwards.
    Sounds like another way he's trying to give folks a chuckle or smile.

navallint Guest
    We need more people like this in our world.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Sounds like another way he's trying to give folks a chuckle or smile.
    Maybe so. Or maybe he's just bat shit crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Maybe so. Or maybe he's just bat shit crazy.
    LOL. Not sure about being bat shit crazy (although we do have a lot of those in Concord), I think he was trying to find a way to get out of his wife's way while she was getting ready for work in the morning LOL.

Over the summer, he did put a sign up that asked people to go visit Hillsborough Library where he had a photography display. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to Hillsborough this summer so I didn't get to see it. I am curious about his photos though, he must be a good photographer if they were put on display.