Thread: Mitch McConnell Voter Suppression

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest

Mitch McConnell Voter Suppression

He is an absolutely immoral and despicable human being. Ya wanna know how I know? He's a US Senator from my state. The state of Kentucky. A truly red amongst red kind of states. Even republicans here hate him. And here's how I know all above is fact... he's in a dead heat of a race with a female democrat whose highest office is sec of state for Kentucky. Some of you I'm sure have seen me complaining about this election cycle and the horrible ads on both sides. Mitch and his republican cohorts really are the lowest of the low however. If their side can't win on the issues, which they never can, they just throw dirt and cheat. I know my side isn't perfect but if you compare the 2 sides my side is a hell of a lot closer than the republicans. This is quite possibly illegal. Bleh.... this dopey dog lookin mother fucker.

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/31/mitc...ssion_tactics/

Attachment 51768

Bidmor Guest
    Grimes is doing well against the establishment McConnell. Doubt the mailer is illegal but what else would one expect her campaign to claim. The race is not exactly a dead heat either...the Real Clear Politics average through 10/29 has McConnell up 5.5 points.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...imes-3485.html

Not even close in Texas governor's race. Attorney General Gregg Abbott leads the looney tunes state Senator Wendy Davis by double digits...15.5 in the last RCP average. Thank goodness. Davis is a nut job, making light of Abbott being in a wheelchair in one ad.
    Last edited by Bidmor; 10-31-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Virtually all polls I've seen has it within the margin of error. I don't think Grimes will have enough to win, but it being this competitive says something. It's all about turnout here. Our state actually has more dems than repubs. But it's the southern dem that votes republican in most national elections. High turnout favors Grimes. If that mailer isn't illegal it should be. It's fraud. Plain and simple.

Wendy A. Guest
    I'm right across the river from Kentucky and have endured his ads since I was a kid. I really thought ol' Yurtle the turtle was done this time.. There's still a chance, it happened to Lugar, it can happen to McConnell too.

The disenfranchise argument is a ruse. How would someone be disenfranchised? How do we rectify ther situation to prevenrt said disenfranchisement? Why is it that for nearly every other function in society is allowed to include this said disenfranchisement while voting is not? Why is it that one may be required to have ID to collect money from the govt in the form of collecting benefits or even entering a govt. building yet one cannot be required to prove who one is for voting? Just once I would like to know not as an attack but rather a solution to this. We constantly hear of these whole swaths of the population who now cannot apparently take advantage of Obama care because Doctors offices require id as well as insurance cards. Fraud is fraud and I can say I don't want to see any of it and I find it very hard to believe that we have whole segments of the population who actively pursue denying one the right to vote but How is this to be fixed? We hear people say we cannot have any restriction on voting through ID but yet no one actually defines how requiring an ID would actually do that.

Drew those really aren't the issues we're dealing with in this particular form of suppression.

To your concerns they seem on the surface to be perfectly reasonable. But when you really look at it you see the scheme. It's easy to see. First there is no voter fraud problem in this country. Simply because the penalties aren't worth the one vote. You register to vote, you're put on your districts rolls, you go in to vote, they cross your name off. Pretty simple and not easy to cheat.

Secondly the way this suddenly came up. They(republicans) had years to put together something to assure every person gets a vote but then suddenly right before the last elections they started wanting to start this ID thing. People in cities generally vote for dems; poor people, minorities, etc generally vote for dems. This demographic also have a much harder time getting ID. Not just getting to where they need to go but actually paying the fees. The republicans know this. It's why they started it when they did. They were hoping to cancel as many Obama votes as possible. This isn't a secret or a debate. Some of the republicans freely admitted that's what was happening. Were proud of it. Most stopped denying it. I don't think every every day republican on the street are diabolical enough to be ok with this. I think the republican senators, governors, state houses etc are indeed diabolical enough to win at all costs regardless.

The concerns are valid. I'd love to have a fix. In fact I could probably come up with one. But suddenly changing election laws weeks before a presidential election is not the way to do it.

navallint Guest
    Stewie I so agree with you. I have...well, not liked Mitch in many years. I received 2 of those notices, for my deceased parents. Yep? Also, one for me with a graph for how I have voted the last 6 years. They told me I was not voting enough. LOL I also received write in ballots for my parents. I dont like how the government is getting up in my business. Once the elections are finished, I'm gonna check to see if my parents ' voted '. This has been known to happen with deceased individuals in KY before.
    3 years ago their was vote on our county to go wet. The circuit clerk went to the old age home to ' help ' the impaired vote. /shaking my head /

Mammy Guest
    Mitch McConnell is one of the sorriest pieces of shit who ever walked this planet. I hate politics and never even get on the political threads, but I saw his name and couldn't resist seeing what was going on. I was hoping he got a direct lightning strike to his fat, ugly head. Enough politics for me, I'm outta here.

lol Well said Mammy.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    lol Well said Mammy.
    I restrained myself somewhat. Haha

Attachment 51782
    Last edited by Mammy; 11-03-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    "Hello Darkness my old friend" rotfl!!

"He's impervious to funk!"

haha That was hilarious. You can tell that John Stewart is really laughing. I mean he has tears in his eyes he's laughing so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post

Attachment 51782
    haha He always reminded me of Droopy Dog

Mammy Guest
    That sumbitch better watch out this time of year with that spectacular gobbler swinging off of that big, fat head.

Bidmor Guest
    I thought Joe Lieberman was Droopy.

Anyway, getting rid of Harry Reid whose standard answer is no is a plus...I guess. I dunno. Trading one DC insider as Senate Majority Leader for another insider.

Mammy Guest
    I'm leaving if we are going to get political. I just wanted to make fun of the fat headed bastard. He looks like he's melting.

Mammy did you check out the link Riotboots posted? It's flippin hilarious.

Mammy Guest
    Mammy did you check out the link Riotboots posted? It's flippin hilarious.
    Yes, and I loved it! Lol

The very first song with it is what killed me. It's so sinister!!! "Hello Darkness my old friend". I'm just glad I wasn't taking a drink of something because it would have come out my nose and that hurts!

Mammy Guest
    The very first song with it is what killed me. It's so sinister!!! "Hello Darkness my old friend". I'm just glad I wasn't taking a drink of something because it would have come out my nose and that hurts!
    Jon Stewart was right, every song goes along with the video. For some reason when Jon said Mitch was "frisking his younger voters" it just cracked me up.

hahaha Yeah and they were like 80.

Mammy Guest
    hahaha Yeah and they were like 80.
    LMAO, that's what made it so funny! He looked like a rubber chicken.

As Charles Barkley would say, "He's just turrble. Turrble."

Mammy Guest
    As Charles Barkley would say, "He's just turrble. Turrble."
    LOL, yes!

News reporting McConnel wins the senate

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...11-04-19-00-50
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

No shocker there. He wins. 99% of Americans lose.

Ever consider moving to Canada, Stewie?

Seagorath Guest
    McConnell is destroying America.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    McConnell is destroying America.
    He sure is helping to destroy it. The only Dem in Kentucky that could beat McConnell is our current Governor, Beshear. Obviously he couldn't stop being Governor to take McConnell out. Well I guess he could have if he was a quitter like Palin. But that's ok. Beshear is on tap to take Rand Paul out in 2 years. So there's that silver lining.

Maxster, have you ever considered saying things like that in Post 29 is harassment per Rule 4. Fair warning.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Oh, Stewart, I was afraid McConnell would win this. He's like something out of a horror movie. He's kind of creepy. And why is he so vengeful?

And like Bidmor said, trading one old DC insider for Senate Majority Leader for another insider. Except more horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    News reporting McConnel wins the senate

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...11-04-19-00-50
    56.19 % of the vote. I don't know much about him but I am motivated to learn more in light of all the negativity on here about him. As for his mailer, the only part that crosses a line in my opinion is the "Election Violation Notice" part. The stuff inside is no worse than what I got in my mailbox. Geez, I don't even know if there is a line to cross anymore. All politicians talk about the ugly tactics used and then go off and use them themselves.

On another note, Grimes is being criticized by some surprising people for her concession (or lack thereof) speech.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...mocrats-for-u/
    Last edited by Paulination; 11-05-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    56.19 % of the vote. I don't know much about him but I am motivated to learn more in light of all the negativity on here about him. As for his mailer, the only part that crosses a line in my opinion is the "Election Violation Notice" part. The stuff inside is no worse than what I got in my mailbox. Geez, I don't even know if there is a line to cross anymore. All politicians talk about the ugly tactics used and then go off and use them themselves.

On another note, Grimes is being criticized by some surprising people for her concession (or lack thereof) speech.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...mocrats-for-u/

Rev Al Sharpton even chimed in on the lack of class.....and he is an expert!
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

And how about this guy?
    (CNN) -- You know that Republican doctor who got one of his patients pregnant and then demanded that she get an abortion? Yeah, he won Tuesday night.
    How about the indicted guy who threatened to throw a reporter over a Capitol Hill balcony? Yep. Him too

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/05/politics/scandal-congress-digital/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Yeah, all political parties have lying corrupt lyersons. Surprise surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post

Attachment 51782
    This is why I love the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGypsy View Post
    And how about this guy?
    (CNN) -- You know that Republican doctor who got one of his patients pregnant and then demanded that she get an abortion? Yeah, he won Tuesday night.
    How about the indicted guy who threatened to throw a reporter over a Capitol Hill balcony? Yep. Him too

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/05/politics/scandal-congress-digital/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
    Then there's the flip side of the Repub tsunami:
    ---Joni Ernst, first female combat veteran elected to Senate
    ---Tim Scott, first black male from the south to be elected to Senate since reconstruction
    ---Mia Love, first black Republican female elected to Congress in history (The number of women in Congress will reach 100 for the first time in history)
    ---Shelley Moore Capito, first female senator from West Virginia
    ---Gina Raimondo, Rhode Island's first female governor
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/05/politi...rticle_sidebar

---Cecilia Abbott will be Texas' first Latina First Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Rev Al Sharpton even chimed in on the lack of class.....and he is an expert!
    She's turrble. That's why it was incredible she did as well as she did. Did you see her speech? Her speaking style can only be described as robotic.... only a robot wouldn't be as fake and turrble. I understand her trying to distance herself from Obama in this red state but she went way too far. The ACA was implemented here like it was supposed to be nationwide and it's really popular here. She hardly even mentioned the ACA. So my choice is an ugly turtle or a robotic robot. She kicked his ass in the debate and didn't follow it up at all... with anything!!! Bleh.

And Bidmor please send my congratulations to your Republican party for joining the 20th century..... even though we're in the 21st. You guys will catch up. I have faith in you!! :P
    Last edited by StewartGilliganGriffin; 11-05-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Maxster, have you ever considered saying things like that in Post 29 is harassment per Rule 4.
    No, it was a friendly suggestion.

About Grimes acting eerily robotic, I notice that too. She wouldn't say she voted for Obama because she is a Hillary Clinton crony.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertGypsy View Post
    About Grimes acting eerily robotic, I notice that too. She wouldn't say she voted for Obama because she is a Hillary Clinton crony.
    The reason she wouldn't say she voted for Obama is because she knew what was up. They were trying to get her to say she voted for Obama so McConnell and his super pacs could put the sound bite in ads.

The reason she wouldn't say she voted for Obama is because she knew what was up. They were trying to get her to say she voted for Obama so McConnell and his super pacs could put the sound bite in ads.
    Could also be that saying you voted for Obama grants you an instant loss in the elections...
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

human Guest
    wow -- there are actually still people that don't understand that America is a post democratic society

-- must be the effects of long term fluoride exposure
    Last edited by human; 11-07-2014 at 05:51 AM.