Thread: How to get away with murder - TV Show

How to get away with murder - TV Show

Wonder if anyone in this forum saw the premiere of How to get away with Murder? and if they liked it. I liked it but I had to watch it a second time on ABC.com to understand it. It had a lot of characters and storylines coming at you at one time that I felt I needed a notebook to keep track of it all. There is an underlying story about a coed being murdered that is serving as a backdrop and I know it's going to fit in somewhere but I can't imagine where.

I've been out of the TV loop for a while but I finally have cable again. So because of that I haven't heard of this show. But I will try it out because i have no idea what's out there any more.

I watched and agree with you, too many storylines. Some didn't make sense and they need to cut down the number of characters. I will watch the next episode but if it causes me a headache like the first, it will be my last viewing.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Saw it advertised. Nah.

The first episode was really good, but yeah a little confusing. I recorded the second one but haven't had the time to watch it yet. The only thing that I don't care for it the main student, I don't know what his name is, but he was Dean Thomas in all the Harry Potter movies. So I think of Harry Potter every time he's on screen LOL, and he is always making odd faces which is distracting.

I saw the 2nd episode on DVR ... its okay. Its a good, but predictable show.... some of it keeps you in suspense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've watched the first 2 now and like it. I didn't find it too confusing. It does jump back and forth in time, but it's still pretty clear.

Is it just me or does Wes (the wait list student) look like C. Thomas Howell in Soul Man?? For those of you too young to remember that, basically I think Wes looks like a white guy who is made up as a black guy.

jsnerch Guest
    Totally looks like Soul Man! LOL!

mikoto30 Guest
    it's so great , i watched

I'm on episode 2 right now on Hulu. So far, it's pretty good.

human Guest
    ughhh this show sounded promising -- but it's fiction -
    false advertising to say the least
    Last edited by human; 10-18-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Any show that ends with a woman stripping herself of facial makeup (as if preparing for a fight) and then asking her husband "How did your penis get on a dead girl's phone?" is just amazing to me.

GG57 Guest
    I didn't care for it. Too many characters and storylines. It seemed almost frantic.

Quote Originally Posted by GG57 View Post
    I didn't care for it. Too many characters and storylines. It seemed almost frantic.
    I finally finished all the episodes on Hulu. It moves WAY too fast for me and like you said, has too many story lines at once too keep up with. The concept is cool, but look how much is happened in three episodes. I'm going to give it one more shot for next week. If it is still too much overkill, I'm dropping it.

I've been keeping up with it and am enjoying it. There is a lot going on and needs my full concentration when I'm watching it but apart from that it's good.