Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joan Rivers

GravesEnd Guest
    I saw this picture today, and to think they are now together.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n-ROBIN-WILLIAMS-JOAN-RIVERS-large300.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	51428

phirerednga Guest
    My daughter came in and told me Joan Rivers had passed....I am so sad, I too thought she would kick this and be back full force....RIP funny sweet lady.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Thanks Benion. That makes me wonder if this surgery was worth the risk. It was for vocal cords? Wouldn't rest have solved the problem? Wasn't it just an endoscopy? Is propofol usually used for that? Couldn't a much lighter anesthesia been used? I have no idea on this stuff.
    Makes me wonder too...to think if she just hadn't gone to the appt.

Quote Originally Posted by GravesEnd View Post

So nice yet so strange.

Bummer. Now shes insulting angels in heaven. Read them for filth you funny old bitch.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Not a fan. She crossed the line, for me, of funny to insulting. Sorry for her family. Moving on.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

I don't exercise. If God wanted me to bend over he would have put diamonds on the floor. - Joan Rivers

I knew she wouldn't make it, sadly. I'm sorry she's passed on. She went through a lot in her life, ups and downs. Losing her husband the way she did was horrid, but she showed the world how strong she was. She pulled herself up by the bootstraps and rebuilt her career without him.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

RIP Joan.

P.S. I think Betty White will outlive us all!!

And Zsa Zsa will outlive Betty !

Barry Paris' bio of Louise Brooks mentions that in the 80's Joan visited Brooks' Rochester apartment, apparently each was equally impressed by the other. Too bad Howard Stern never got around to asking her about this during one of her many visits to his show. Her visits with Stern were probably the only chances she had to speak freely without time restraints (Stern has very few commercial breaks and doesn't have them while guests are in the studio) or a studio audience interrupting her with laughter, applause, etc. She would always mention a lot of funny/interesting anecdotes about people, not just jokes.

RIP...I am going to miss you, Joan Rivers. I feel for her family and friends.

1karenhb Guest
    I too was hoping she would pull through. She just did the Emmy/VMA Awards edition of Fashion Police Tues. of last week and less than 2 days later this happened. I loved the show. Yes she could be cringe worthy and I always got a kick out of Kelly Osborne's reaction to some of the jokes, but she made just as much fun of her own age and plastic surgeries. I will miss you. RIP you old broad.

Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    I don't exercise. If God wanted me to bend over he would have put diamonds on the floor. - Joan Rivers
    I love that!

Ugh. If anyone other than me here is a fan. Don't read the iMDB boards. They are filled with terrible comments right now. I'm so mad at myself for going over there.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GravesEnd View Post

I hope the fur is fake...

"I've had so much plastic surgery. That when I die, they will donate my body to Tupperware."

Joan was freaking hysterically funny.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

RIP Ms. Rivers.

But I didn't much care for her comment on the "Palastinian children getting killed and deserving it" remark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

still a shock- we were praying & hoping for the best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I bet they could open her grave in a hundred years and she will look the same.

so then now her business, does it automatically go to Melissa? The fashion business Joan did was great on QVC!! It was so creative, so pretty.

I know it wasn't looking good near the end but we all want her to be here. In a wheelchair. Trying to make us all laugh again. So unexpected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From what I have read, so far, Melissa will end up with everything. She stood by her Mom most times and deserves it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tntina Guest
    I was hoping she would pull through. I hate that she missed Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's wedding - just imagining her comments about it... and the horrid dress! She would have had a field day!

I didn't realize that she and Juliana Rancic worked together for 13 years - and were very close - Juliana is devastated.

Wow ... going in for an outpatient procedure - and never waking up. I can't imagine her assistant/driver who brought her to the clinic - then realizing what is going on - having to notify her daughter, etc.

Haven't seen paparazzi pics of her transfer from the clinic to the hospital - I know they have to be out there.

Heard Joan's take on how the funeral should be - a death hag dream! Paparazzi, Publicists, Meryl Streep crying in several languages - very funny! It's already scheduled for Sunday in a Temple in NYC. I imagine she will be buried with her husband.

RIP

RIP
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I kind of thought she was funny back when her and Johnny were friends. You saw a lot of Borscht Belt comedians on TV back then.

desertangel Guest
    Watching ENews special, co-host breaking down on camera. So hard. Like someone said, Joan was such a fighter and still so vital, was a real shock that she didnt pull thru. Didnt think I could read her book if she passed due to sadness, but its the only thing I want to do now. I just dont want her to be gone. Im taking this as hard as many people took Robin Williams death.

This was one of my favorite episodes of Graham Norton. Jeremy Clarkson and Joan together was hysterical.

Name:	index.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	51429
    The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.

There are two dates in time they will carve on your stone, and everyone knows what they mean, but what's more important is the time that is known, in that little dash there in between.

GravesEnd Guest
    I hope the fur is fake...
    I do too, but knowing Joan I doubt it is. She loved her furs.

pixiepereira Guest
    My husband took me to see her show last year here in Vegas - we loved her! I loved her on Fashion Police too... I was really hoping she'd pull through.

ScarletApparition Guest
    So sad to lose Joan Rivers, what a magnificent woman. I can hardly believe she is gone.

Rosebud666 Guest
    The Telegraph is reporting this morning that a Transport for London sign at Hackney Wick currently relays the commemorative message:

As a tribute to the late Joan Rivers, parts of this station will be gradually replaced over the next 40 years.

Something tells me she would have liked that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/c...itty-sign.html

Finally!!! Someone doing something. This is what I've been talking about. Why it took this long I have NO idea.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/joan-river...ml?.tsrc=globe

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    RIP Joan.

P.S. I think Betty White will outlive us all!!

And Zsa Zsa will outlive Betty !

Barry Paris' bio of Louise Brooks mentions that in the 80's Joan visited Brooks' Rochester apartment, apparently each was equally impressed by the other. Too bad Howard Stern never got around to asking her about this during one of her many visits to his show. Her visits with Stern were probably the only chances she had to speak freely without time restraints (Stern has very few commercial breaks and doesn't have them while guests are in the studio) or a studio audience interrupting her with laughter, applause, etc. She would always mention a lot of funny/interesting anecdotes about people, not just jokes.
    Gawd. When I saw Zsa Zsa mentioned I looked her up.

97 big ones.

Wendy A. Guest
    RIP Joan, this breaks my heart. You were one tuff broad, with balls bigger than most of the guys I know! Can this year please just hurry up and be over already?

Joan was having A test done ,not surgery She had dates coming up and vocal surgery would be at a later date.if necessary Her Twitter feed gave dates of upcoming engagements https://twitter.com/Joan_Rivers

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    RIP Ms. Rivers.

But I didn't much care for her comment on the "Palastinian children getting killed and deserving it" remark.
    Let me just tell you, if New Jersey were firing rockets into New York, we would wipe them out.

If we heard they were digging tunnels from New Jersey into New York, we would get rid of Jersey.

You cannot throw rockets and expect people not to defend themselves.
    “But what happened civilian casualties?” the cameraman asked.
    “Then don’t put your g—— things in private homes,” she responded, referencing Hamas’ practice of using civilian structures to house weapons and ammunition.

PurrPurr Guest
    Heaven just got a bit more amusing....

Close

Previous

Apparently her "final resting place" will be in CA after the funeral in NY on Sunday. Can't find further specifics on that yet. Whether final resting place means burial or cremation, who knows, but it would seem to imply burial. Her husband who committed suicide was cremated. The family has his ashes, I saw one of the shows where her and Melissa were looking all over the house for where they had put his ashes and found them under a bed...probably a joke, but I wonder if she'll want to go the cremation route or would rather be in a cemetery where fans can visit. The fans made her, and I think she would be the type who would want them to be able to pay their respects. Also, since her daughter lives in CA, it makes sense that JR would want to be there, not NY. My guess is that she won't be in Forest Lawn, probably will be in the big Jewish cemetery in L.A. In any case, she won't be buried/cremated/near/ her husband judging from her still very bitter and angry feelings about his suicide and what his actions did to their entire family. I think it would be great if she's somewhere fans can visit and leave flowers and memorials.

I was never a huge fan BUT she could be very very funny, surprisingly so. And she did break ground for female comics that wouldn't exist today, so for that alone, she's HUGE. She retained a lot of that old school Borscht belt comic style that the younger generation has no understanding of or appreciation of. Rodney Dangerfield, Morey Amsterdam, Don Rickles...she was from that era, and as such, can't be judged by today's standards. Gets a bit tiresome to read all the comments on Yahoo news and other forums dissing her. I'd bet most are from people under age 40...the twenty-somethings who don't understand her background and where she came from, that era. And let's not forget, there's still plenty of "insult" comedy out there, with younger folks howling with laughter, so it's just a matter of style and delivery in many cases. Anyway, it's very sad how this all went down and just feels so sick and wrong and crappy. A natural death is bad enough, but an unnatural, unexpected way to go is the worst. I pray for her daughter. And yeah, better to grieve rich than poor, but still.....was a strange and sad outcome after so many years of being a powerhouse dynamo.

Latest update: apparently she WILL be in Forest Lawn, so that means she'll probably be in one of their famous "locked down" areas where the fans can't get in. At least, that's what the latest news says, that it will be Forest Lawn. I'm sure she won't want to be anywhere near Liz lol....
    Last edited by hoorayforhollywood; 09-05-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Damn onion cutting ninjas....

Purr-Purr....that pic you posted put a lump in my throat. Great find
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Boy-oh-boy you need tissues to watch that!
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Yep, just used a few... I loved this clip... so heartfelt and touching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    I did a perfect impression of the Kim Kardashian crying face.

Name:	kim-kardashian-crying-face-2-zap2it.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	51430

Mcafgr- Every time I see your posts, I have Dan Fogelberg songs in my head for days. Thankfully, I'm a fan.
    Last edited by LLC; 09-05-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Bayou Queen Guest
    I just ugly cried over that video. I would like to think that Joan would want some over the top yet elegant grave.

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    I did a perfect impression of the Kim Kardashian crying face.

Name:	kim-kardashian-crying-face-2-zap2it.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	51430

Mcafgr- Every time I see your posts, I have Dan Fogelberg songs in my head for days. Thankfully, I'm a fan.
    Thks.....he was the last of the great Minstrels.
    March 1934-July 2016

1karenhb Guest
    I also cried watching that video. So touching hearing her say several times what an amazing life she has had.

PurrPurr Guest
    Found on Facebook:

Benion Guest
    Thanks Benion. That makes me wonder if this surgery was worth the risk. It was for vocal cords? Wouldn't rest have solved the problem? Wasn't it just an endoscopy? Is propofol usually used for that? Couldn't a much lighter anesthesia been used? I have no idea on this stuff.
    I am afraid I am as confused as you on this one. I am no expert, but to the best of my knowledge normally an endoscopy is done with a local anaesthetic spray and perhaps midazolam as a sedative (this does not send you under, but makes you relax). Propofol is used in general anaesthesia.

Update: I have been doing some research and it is sometimes used in sedation for procedures, and very long complex procedures can be done under a dose that causes general anaesthesia. So apparently it is done, but I have never come across it.
    Last edited by Benion; 09-05-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benion View Post
    I am afraid I am as confused as you on this one. I am no expert, but to the best of my knowledge normally an endoscopy is done with a local anaesthetic spray and perhaps midazolam as a sedative (this does not send you under, but makes you relax). Propofol is used in general anaesthesia.

Update: I have been doing some research and it is sometimes used in sedation for procedures, and very long complex procedures can be done under a dose that causes general anaesthesia. So apparently it is done, but I have never come across it.
    a friend of mine had an upper GI endoscopy, and Versed was the drug used, it seems to be a very common light sedative used for endoscopic procedures and a wide range of tests where only light sedation is required which apparently was the type of procedure JR had. Will be interesting to find out the autopsy results. It would be surprising if anything remotely like propofol was used

great pic of Robin and Joan...quite surreal to see these two side by side, and no longer here....
    Last edited by hoorayforhollywood; 09-08-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Propofol was probably just used to induce the coma?

Now Radar is reporting that Mourners will walk the red carpet to her funeral.....well done!
    March 1934-July 2016