Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin Williams

Woke up to this sad sad news i am totally stunned Rest in Peace Robin such a great actor and a guy i've grown up with watching Mork and Mindy then all his films through the years Good Morning Vietnam and Dead Poet's Society are among my favourite films,that he died by his own hand it just makes it sadder when he brought such joy to many ...

The news has just broken on this side of the pond and I am heartbroken. Large parts of my childhood are starting to die off now...

He was obviously someone who was chased by his demons, and I have often wonder how much his involvement with John Belushi weighed heavy on his mind. I'd like to hope his rehab had worked, and that it was just the depression which tipped him over the edge, but we shall have to see.

Regardless, he is someone who will always be thought of fondly and missed every day.

Not Fade Away Guest
    I always knew he struggled with depression, so this didn't actually surprise me. I think most people are surprised because he was a comedian, and it seems wrong for a comedian to struggle with depression. Yet, it makes sense to me.

He was very talented and seemed like quite a kind man, RIP.

Just heartbreaking. Awful, awful news.

This one is hitting my generation really hard. I don't think I've seen anything like this.
    Last edited by beep; 08-12-2014 at 03:04 AM.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

pixiepereira Guest

Unhappy Heartbroken!

Found this pic from his Twitter...
    He was so talented - this news hurts my heart.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RW.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	51262  
    Last edited by pixiepereira; 08-12-2014 at 03:13 AM.

Nanu nanu!
    "Never cut what you can untie"

-Joseph Joubert

Shocked just as I was when the Rik Mayall story broke earlier this year. I guess the pay-off is that those who make us so happy break our hearts when they leave. : (

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I hope Scott or whoever is doing the main site gives Robin a place there. He deserves a place on the main page Maybe some of the San Fran fans can help out with pertinent pics?

juniperberry Guest
    Long time lurker (years and years now) and I joined just to share my sympathies. How sad.

Birthplace of the Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Foguka View Post
    This is a hard one, what a shock. I was hoping it was a hoax on fb, you'd click the link and it would be those stupid sites your friends use to trick you but no. Depression is a horrible disease. It can just be there, you know it's there but it's okay and then it can just overcome you. There's just not enough notice, not enough social acceptance. Every day I have clients coming in and their first words are "I was afraid to tell anyone". By god tell people you're sad so they can help you, so they can support you when you feel you are glued to the floor.
    RIP Robin, you were my childhood in a nutshell. You were amazing, you entertained us all and I'm sorry you couldn't beat your demons.
    sadly, there are some of us that dont have anyone to tell, and im not just looking for sympathy, but my family arent interested, i have no friends due to my mental illness, and having had to hide my problems because of my previous job, i find it very, very hard to talk to professionals about what i feel, i understand completely the inner demons that taunt, haunt and destroy a human being, so far i have been able to fight them, but i know one day, i might not be able to

RIP robin, i hope you have found peace from the pain and torture mental illness brings
    I love you and miss you dad, Antun Perdija 27-06-41 - 28-12-00
    RIP Daniel Colvin 5 June 1974 - 7 June 2011, Best Friend, lover, fiancee

RIP David Edgar, 2 Dec 1953 - 10 June 2011, Uncle
    RIP Agnes Steele Edgar, 17 May 1926 - 4 July 2011, Grandmother

Sometimes depression is so bad, all the help in the world doesn't help. It switches your brain into this other, nightmare mode. You can logically tell yourself, "This will pass, it will be okay, I just have to hang on," but you don't believe it because you feel so badly. You feel it in your whole body, it's so big it turns into a physical feeling. People who think suicide is selfish are blessed to not know this feeling. People who say families should have stepped in have no clue how there really is no helping someone when they're in that mindset, and it's painful to watch a loved one go through it. You just have to pray the person will get through it. The brain goes into this fog and this other thought pattern takes over where you can't do anything...It's like feeling claustrophobic and paralyzed. It is awful. I do not blame Robin Williams. I hope he has peace now. I'm sad to learn that he dealt with this. He was such a sweet person. Part of me hopes it was drugs that ultimately caused his death because depression is not what he deserved. Drugs are a completely different demon and not good, either, but I just hate depression so much.

It makes me remember the whole Disney thing...I don't remember all of the details, but he was wronged by Disney over Aladdin. They used his fame to promote the movie. They came to an agreement that the Genie couldn't take up more than 25% of the cover and promo material, but then they literally made the Genie take up 25% of the cover with the rest of the characters being tiny in comparison. He was really burned by it, by them taking advantage of his name. I imagine it's awful to be burned by Disney, who claims their theme park is the happiest place in the world. I've always felt sad when I've remembered this. I'm sure this is just a tiny blip to his past and not something he spent any energy on anymore, but I still remember it...

We watched "What Dreams May Come" last night. I know not a lot of folks enjoyed that one but it was very different kind of flic for Robin. I wonder if he was battling depression then because it has a dark side.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 08-12-2014 at 01:09 PM.

Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?

I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

We've had cloning in the South for years. It's called cousins.

Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they've got nothing to lose.

The Russians love Brooke Shields because her eyebrows remind them of Leonid Brezhnev.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wendy A. Guest
    I don't know, I'm so tore up over this. I grew up watching him on tv, stand up, and movies. I'm in shock and disbelief.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Still hard to believe this morning

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiepereira View Post
    Found this pic from his Twitter...
    He was so talented - this news hurts my heart.
    Mrs. Doubtfire definitely wore it better.

RIP Robin. May he finally be at peace.

Reecy Guest

My heart is so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post

What a sad day yesterday and today is. We lost a fine comedian. Asphyxia............ Lets see how he passed away.

PurrPurr Guest

Sorry and sad to hear Robin has left us. I remember I use to watch Mork & Mindy all those years ago. and I watched many of his movies.

Quote Originally Posted by juniperberry View Post
    Long time lurker (years and years now) and I joined just to share my sympathies. How sad.
    Sorry it was something this sad to get you to join, but welcome. You will enjoy yourself here. There is a lot of sadness but a lot of happiness here too. Again, Welcome.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    When I remembered it this morning, the news hit me just as hard as yesterday.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

still sad. sometimes, yeah, to me his manic-ness got annoying, but he was funny and talented. I watched a vid of him last nite, his take on golf,
    it was hilarious and spot on.

Still having a hard time with this.....
    I was lucky enough to see him live in SF in the 70's, he had just won the SF Comdey Competition and they brought him out at the end - he brought the place down

Damn this hurts

Like A Ton of Bricks!!! I get the depression and all, but the thought that he took his OWN life just makes this even sadder. I just knew when I first heard the news that it was going to be a heart attack, due to previous drug issues. When I heard SUICIDE I thought WTF??? It's just so shocking, as if him dying of natural causes wouldn't be sad enough.

After reading other post, it is kinda weird how so many comedians have died at their own hands. Either through accidental overdoses or intentional, the hanging part is so sad to me. I can't imagine him putting a rope around his neck and taking his final leap... Again, I get the depression, it just doesn't make it any easier to comprehend.

I really feel sorry for his children. Depression is something no one has an answer for. Their questions of WHY will never be able to answered.

My daughter has battled depression and is on medication for it as we speak. When she was in 7th Grade one of her classmates hung herself in her bedroom. Her mom found her the next morning when she went to wake her for school. There were no signs - no flashing lights and to this day no answer. I follow her FB Memorial page and her poor Mama is STILL crying WHY 5 years later.

RIP Robin Williams
    My Posse's On Broadway

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Hell I and we all forgot one his best. Awakenings!!!

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Still having a hard time with this.....
    I was lucky enough to see him live in SF in the 70's, he had just won the SF Comdey Competition and they brought him out at the end - he brought the place down

Damn this hurts
    Me too... I've teared up a few times over hearing the news last night. I just can't wrap my mind around this!

Had to come among friends. Really tough day...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Poor guy was at the end of his rope I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Hell I and we all forgot one his best. Awakenings!!!
    Yup! That and One Hour Photo are my two favorites. Honestly, his 'comedy' was not my thing, but I really liked him in serious roles.

This really made me sad. You can really see in the most recently photos of Williams, that he was depressed and no happiness in his eyes. Hopefully he has found peace at last.

He hung himself? Oh, God.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Quote Originally Posted by elnoradawn View Post
    Same here! Heath was the last one that upset me this much.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by juniperberry View Post
    Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Substance abuse, rehab, and ex-wives are expensive.

I agree that mental illness is as debilitating as a physical illness. After struggling for a long time, a person finally gets to the point that they are tired of fighting the depression and don't have the strength to keep fighting.
    Didn't he have a tough past? Something about infidelity with all of his wives & someone sued him for giving her an STD years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Hmm. Question just occurred to me. They said in the press release that Robin had been severely depressed lately. He also just had a stint in rehab. He was last seen last night at around 10PM. Was found today at Noon. The question is, Why wasn't someone watching him? Checking on him?
    I thought this too...not blaming but where was everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack'sGirl View Post
    They are saying that his heart issues, heart surgery and heart meds, any/all of them could exacerbate the depression. Not to mention the addictions.
    100% true. Heart problems/disease can make depression 100X worse or if you didn't have it, you do now.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    He was on a talk show and said that the last wife cleaned him out and he had to go back to work. He was deeply depressed by the divorce and her getting millions of dollars he doesn;t have, He had to sell all the homes he had and a big ranch somewhere to give her the cash . She got this mansion in SF right near the coast Sea CLiff and it is HUGE and it cost at least half a million to keep the place going. what a woman wants with that big place when she lives by herself is beyond me but when you marry your nanny without a prenup yup I guess this is the shit that happens. Poor guy couldnt do it any more money wise even with his new wife, I saw a note that his daughter wrote in some site for him but didnt he have a kid too with the first wife??
    He had 3 kids. His daughter is from his relationship with their nanny...needless to say they got divorced & he married her.

Just saw a pic someone had taken of him during a recent AA meeting. People are fucking sick.
    Last edited by LLC; 08-12-2014 at 10:23 AM.

rockalittle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Like A Ton of Bricks!!! I get the depression and all, but the thought that he took his OWN life just makes this even sadder. I just knew when I first heard the news that it was going to be a heart attack, due to previous drug issues. When I heard SUICIDE I thought WTF??? It's just so shocking, as if him dying of natural causes wouldn't be sad enough.
    I know..I also thought the same, that it would've been an OD or drug-related or heart-related. Not that it would have made it less sad.

I also agree with the previous poster. If he was out of rehab so recently and struggling why was he left alone..? They say those struggling should never be left alone. But who knows what was really going on. Sad, sad, sad.

RIP Robin!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    Oh my gosh. That's terrible.

This is one reason I love this guy so much

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/photos/r...789-slideshow/

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Been awhile since I posted here, but I knew this was the site to go to, today. What a double shock! First a shock that he's dead and second a shock about the way he died. I knew he had drug and alcohol problems in the past, as I remember reading way back when, that it was Robin Williams and Robert DeNiro who were partying with John Belushi the night he died. I honestly thought he was clean and sober now. I had no idea he has been suffering with depression for so long.
    I have a few friends who battle depression on a daily basis. I try and be there for them, when I can. What hit home for me last night, after I heard about Robin William's death, is I was watching Shepard Smith on Fox News doing a phone interview with Larry King. Shepard Smith was talking about how depression affects many people from all walks of life and you may not even know if a friend of yours has it. His suggestion was to call your friends and just say "I'm here for you" or "I care about you". Just reach out to them. I thought that was a very touching thing to say. What a wonderful idea.
    So, after I've called and talked to my friends, I came here. I know that this is a close knit board. I consider a lot of you my online friends. Even though we've never met face to face. So, I say to some of you that might be battling depression right now, I admire all that you have to go thru during the course of a day. I admire the strenght you have to have just to get out of bed, some days. Just know that somebody out there is thinking of you and hopes you hang in there, so that we all may benefit from your strenght and wisdom.
    Okay, I hope that didn't sound too "Pollyanna"-ish. I'm just trying to come to terms that if depression can affect somebody as funny and talented as Robin Williams, it can affect anybody else, at any time. Peace.
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    I have a few friends who battle depression on a daily basis. I try and be there for them, when I can. What hit home for me last night, after I heard about Robin William's death, is I was watching Shepard Smith on Fox News doing a phone interview with Larry King. Shepard Smith was talking about how depression affects many people from all walks of life and you may not even know if a friend of yours has it. His suggestion was to call your friends and just say "I'm here for you" or "I care about you". Just reach out to them. I thought that was a very touching thing to say. What a wonderful idea.
    So, after I've called and talked to my friends, I came here. I know that this is a close knit board. I consider a lot of you my online friends. Even though we've never met face to face. So, I say to some of you that might be battling depression right now, I admire all that you have to go thru during the course of a day. I admire the strenght you have to have just to get out of bed, some days. Just know that somebody out there is thinking of you and hopes you hang in there, so that we all may benefit from your strenght and wisdom.
    Okay, I hope that didn't sound too "Pollyanna"-ish. I'm just trying to come to terms that if depression can affect somebody as funny and talented as Robin Williams, it can affect anybody else, at any time. Peace.
    Such caring, awesome words. Thank you.

Get help if you are feeling down. I've battled depression and PTSD both. I've gone to my pastor and the VA both to get help before because I knew I needed it. I'm willing to talk with anyone who is battling stuff like this. If you ever need anyone to talk to, let me know.

Just saw the press conference.

He was found in the house.
    He was in a seated position slightly above the ground. The belt was wedged between the door and the door frame
    He had cut marks on his wrist....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

This has been a tough day, hope you're at peace now Robin.

Looks like he tried to slice his wrist before he hung himself with a belt between the door and the doorframe. Weird that the wife went to bed at 10:30, left the house in the morning and then came back after she got the call. Did she not find him to say she was leaving?......Robin was found in a sitting position slightly elevated according to Marin County
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

This is really awful.

ozzysmom Guest
    Now that Robin's death position has been revealed, I think that is one visual this Death Hag can do without. I can close my eyes and picture him, and it's breaking my heart to think of him that way.

I have never had this kind of reaction to hearing of a celebrity death. I've never cried over any of them......until now. When I heard the news yesterday, I cried for at least an hour. This morning watching Good Morning America speaking about him, I cried again. He is so loved by everyone......
    Last edited by ozzysmom; 08-12-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Looks like he tried to slice his wrist before he hung himself with a belt between the door and the doorframe. Weird that the wife went to bed at 10:30, left the house in the morning and then came back after she got the call. Did she not find him to say she was leaving?......Robin was found in a sitting position slightly elevated according to Marin County
    Well it would seem they had separate bedrooms from the press conference
    She thought he was still asleep, maybe that was normal for them.....

Damn this is hitting me so hard

Such a tragedy. I truly hope Robin Williams is at peace now. He was one of a kind.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    Now that Robin's death position has been revealed, I think that is one visual this Death Hag can do without. I can close my eyes and picture him, and it's breaking my heart to think of him that way.
    Me too... having a really hard time with this one... The pain he must have been in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Oh my gosh! Popeye! I forgot he was Popeye! He was so good in that movie!
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "