Page 1 of 18 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin Williams

Bayou Queen Guest

Robin Williams

Just heard this on CBS News

Robin Williams

Here's the press release sent out to the media.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Williams.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	172.9 KB 
ID:	51251
    Last edited by SRVFan; 08-11-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Robin Williams

Just heard on news Robin Williams, 63, has died in his home.

4. 08-11-2014, 04:03 PM

Suicide apparently.

navallint Guest
    So terrible. Just heard it on news. RIP.

Yes suicide. R.I.P.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Oh my, how sad. RIP.

Wow, what could have been so bad for him to commit suicide?
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

ozzysmom Guest
    no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please dear God NO!!!!!

I just saw this on the news. Holy cow. Unbelievable.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

I am shocked. So sad.

I had read that he just got out of rehab for alcohol, but it was on a gossip site so I don't know how true it was.

Omg no no no. He battled/battles severe depression.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 08-11-2014 at 04:14 PM.

oh my.
    Last edited by johnny; 08-11-2014 at 04:14 PM.
    Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    Wow, what could have been so bad for him to commit suicide?
    He checked into rehab not long ago and he's long suffered off and on with alcohol and drugs. My complete and total guess is that maybe he ended it before he went back down that road. Fledgling career. Bad heart. maybe he got bad news. Who knows.

Update: Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldnâ??t confirm that it was a suicide, they did issue this statement. â??Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.â?ť

UniPolarMommaBear Guest
    Sad. Suicide at 63...I had heard a few months ago he was off the wagon, and had fallen on tough financial times and was going to be on a television sitcom to rally up more cash. SOO sad. I watched Mrs. Doubtfire yesterday!!!!

buggesi Guest
    this SUCKS!!!! RIP

Sad. RIP

damn...no reason to laugh anymore....RIP SIR...and thank you for all the great years
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

I guess Mrs Doubtfire II is out...

lovemymonkey Guest
    This is so not awesome

According to a press release issued by the Marin County Coronor’s office, the Sheriff’s office suspects the death to be “suicide due to asphyxia.” The 9-1-1 phone call came in just before noon today.

Please please please don't let the auto erotic asphyxiation rumors start. I'm begging.

Lawren Guest
    I just saw it on my FB feed. I'm speechless. I loved his movies.

Seagorath Guest
    I can't believe my Mork has died. He made me so happy in life. This ruins the whole year for me. :'(

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8956857f462ca4847e3c805a952c710d.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	51252

GravesEnd Guest
    Very sad indeed. He brought so much laughter into our lives. I'm totally stunned at this news. If he only would have seen how his fans viewed him and not how he viewed himself.
    Last edited by GravesEnd; 08-11-2014 at 04:26 PM.

very sad. very sad.

The man gave me years of laughs and now he is gone. By his own hand. This SUCKS! R.I.P. Robin. Your fight is over.

So sad. He was so talented. A shame that so many comics go out this way. RIP

Birthplace of the Rocky Horror Picture Show
    omg please tell me this is a freeking hoax

not robin williams, oh if its true then please rest in peace robin you brilliant man
    I love you and miss you dad, Antun Perdija 27-06-41 - 28-12-00
    RIP Daniel Colvin 5 June 1974 - 7 June 2011, Best Friend, lover, fiancee

RIP David Edgar, 2 Dec 1953 - 10 June 2011, Uncle
    RIP Agnes Steele Edgar, 17 May 1926 - 4 July 2011, Grandmother

WTF?

Please say it ant soooo

PLEASE

shocking and extremely sad. He was definitely one of my favorites. rip.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Zilla Guest
    I'm in total shock. Robin, it would have gotten better.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...suicide-724724

Marin County police statement:

On August 11, 2014, at approximately 11:55 a.m, Marin County Communications received a 9-1-1 telephone call reporting a male adult had been located unconscious and not breathing inside his residence in unincorporated Tiburon, CA. The Sheriff’s Office, as well as the Tiburon Fire Department and Southern Marin Fire Protection District were dispatched to the incident with emergency personnel arriving on scene at 12:00 pm. The male subject, pronounced deceased at 12:02 pm has been identified as Robin McLaurin Williams, a 63-year-old resident of unincorporated Tiburon, CA.

An investigation into the cause, manner, and circumstances of the death is currently underway by the Investigations and Coroner Division s of the Sheriff’s Office. Preliminary information developed during the investigation indicates Mr. Williams was last seen alive at his residence, where he resides with his wife, at approximately 10:00 pm on August 10, 2014. Mr. Williams was located this morning shortly before the 9-1-1 call was placed to Marin County Communications. At this time, the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made. A forensic examination is currently scheduled for August 12, 2014 with subsequent toxicology testing to be conducted.

endsleigh03 Guest
    This one is really a shocker.

Na-Nu, Na-Nu, no more.

jeca Guest
    I'm completely saddened and stunned. I absolutely loved him. RIP

Lawren Guest
    I know that being 31 this year means that most singers and actors I love will pass away long before I do, but this is still such a shock.

I was so hoping I could move this one to the Dead Celebrity Hoax thread.

http://www.people.com/article/robin-williams-dead

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    I'm just heartbroken and totally stunned! My husband, son, and I all just loved him and his movies. He really was a comic genius. I hope he finds peace. This one really hurts.

Bidmor Guest
    I had not heard this until I saw three threads. Shocked. I understood he had addiction problems and was broke and was forced to take on a sitcom role simply because he needed the money. Terribly sad. Such a brilliantly fast mind. Williams' idol, Jonathan Winters, had similar problems but overcame them to live to a ripe old age.

I hate to speak ill of the dead but suicide is such a selfish act. I think of Williams' children.

Though I am much younger, I always enjoyed sharing with friends the useless trivia that Robin Williams and I shared a birthday.

So yeah, I take this one a little, I don't know...personally.

AussieBec Guest
    Oh man..This one sure does suck

RIP Robin

I...can't believe it. May he R.I.P.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

I feel so bad about this. He was one of the few people on earth who could make me laugh until my sides hurt and/or pee'd my pants. I know that he was in and out of recovery and had major isues with depression, but I admired his struggles. He gave hope to the rest of us with similar problems to keep going no matter what. Saying prayers for him and his family, the poor man must have been tortured.

Already dreading the Enquirer's "Robin Williams' Final Days" cover story and the insipid articles that will be published by People and all of the other mainstream media whores.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I was so hoping I could move this one to the Dead Celebrity Hoax thread.

http://www.people.com/article/robin-williams-dead

I saw it on our local Fox4 news, and again on CNN. I ran here, hoping against hope it was a hoax. Hubby and I are deeply saddened, we were big fans of Robin's.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

What a major major blow.

Awww He was always one of my favorites… so sad.
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

I was shocked to see this on Facebook a few seconds ago. I can't believe it!

RIP Robin

I can't say anything bad about someone committing suicide. I wouldn't call it selfish though. You aren't in your right mind, and you just want the pain to stop. It's no more selfish than taking an aspirin when you have a headache. It's a sickness. I hope his kids can realize this and not hold too much anger against him.

In her statement his wife said she hopes people remember him for his talent rather than his death. I paraphrased. I agree. I grew up a huge Robin Williams fan. As you may or may not know I am and have always been a huge stand up comedy fan. I grew up on the HBO stand up specials. And one of the best stand up performances I ever saw was by Robin Williams. It was in the 80's and of course everyone knew who he was but I had never seen him do stand up until I saw this special. I found it so in honor of Robin and his wife's wishes I'll post one of the best stand up performances I've ever seen and I've seen em all. RIP sir. Watch this!!! You'll laugh. I promise

PurrPurr Guest
    One of many times I was hoping for a hoax.

So sad. "Good Morning Vietnam," "Patch Adams," and "Mrs. Doubtfire" were among many great works of his.

Such terrible news. He has been and always will be one of my favorites. R.I.P.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Mammy Guest
    Here is one of his quotes that is painful to read right now. "I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone." Bless his heart.

babyblujems Guest
    Apparently there was a death hoax a day or two ago. Sad that it has come true.