Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharon Tate 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I'm sure he was horrified by what had happened in '69. I agree with you on this, he was in his mid forties when this incident took place. And for all the he said/she said, he was still a grown man who knew right from wrong. But frankly, I don't think he cared and still doesn't.
    Exactly. And how do we know this was the first time he did something like this?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Xiroi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    If he even apologised...it wouldn't change what he did but at least it would make a start but like you said it's not gonna happen now.
    He did apologise, to Samantha. There was an interview on youtube and IIRC she explained that, but I can't find it. I think it was on Larry King's programme. She also said she had forgiven him and understood why he had run away as he had served his time and the judge trying to get a new trial was corrupt (her words). She seems to have made peace with her past and I'm happy for her.

I would never blame a woman, even less a girl, for "looking for trouble". On the other hand, seeing her posing for pictures, beaming in front of a poster with his image at the premiere of a film about his life decades later feels really odd to me, but as I said, she seems to be at peace.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    My opinion on this is the same as it always is when someone defends anyone accused of this - What would you say if it was your daughter/sister/mother etc that was attacked? Would you still think it was consensual and that no harm was done then?
    I know there are many to this day who say he did nothing wrong which is something I can't get my head around and like you say, it would be fun to see the excuses of those who think that. I do believe in free speech and that you can say what you want but there's a point that you wonder why certain people weren't gagged at birth lol.
    I don't think that trying to understand what deep trauma messed him up is the same as finding an excuse. It's trying to find a cause, an explanation. Would Manson have been what he became had he had a nice childhood, feeling loved by caring parents instead of being sold by his mother for some beer and been repeatedly raped as a teen? I don't think so.

In Roman's case, fighting for survival and hiding from the nazis when he was just a child, is enough to drive anyone insane. The last time he saw his mother before she was killed by the nazis, she was pregnant. The next time the most important woman in his life became pregnant, she was also brutally killed. There's not enough therapy to deal with that.

Imo Manson and Polanski (even on different levels) are a perfect example of the cycle of abuse, how those who were victims became the abusers/murderers.

And before someone misunderstands what I mean, no, I don't mean everyone who's been abused will become an abuser, but it's a proven fact that most abusers were once abused. And sadly many people who were abused and do not harm others, do harm themselves with self destructive behaviour etc.

Again, I don't excuse him I just can see he was a very messed up human being which is not the same as saying "never mind, mate, we all have bad days". There was a film called Hurt and I always remember the film's slogan: Hurt people are dangerous.

Yes I agree he's arrogant, like many ugly and successful men are (Sarkozy reminds me so much of him!), becoming womanizers to make up for whatever disappointments they haven't been capable of overcome. He's paid the prize imo.

This documentary is obviously only his side of the story, and I saw it quite a while ago, but IIRC the part where he speaks about Samantha, he sounds sincere to me, and even says he can now see how he was not himself for a long time after Sharon's murder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJWDlG4B8AI - Roman Polanski: A Film Memoir

Thank you for the link! I 'll watch it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiroi View Post

This documentary is obviously only his side of the story, and I saw it quite a while ago, but IIRC the part where he speaks about Samantha, he sounds sincere to me, and even says he can now see how he was not himself for a long time after Sharon's murder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJWDlG4B8AI - Roman Polanski: A Film Memoir

Little Chief Guest
    Okay so I'm not going to go through the 275 pages of the previous thread, so maybe someone can answer my question.

I know nothing about sharon tate, bar that she was murdered by the manson family. Is the fascination that she died in a horrible way, and subsequently more famous in death than life? What has she done apart from being murdered to have people posting over 13000 times in a thread dedicated to her?

JMO: She was brutally murdered by the Manson clan while pregnant.....begging for the life of her child. It was 1969. She was married to Roman...she was young and beautiful. Her friends were also slaughtered. The murders shocked so many. I would read the book Helter Skelter. So much information and I think that book and the murders turned a lot of us into Death Hags.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    JMO: She was brutally murdered by the Manson clan while pregnant.....begging for the life of her child. It was 1969. She was married to Roman...she was young and beautiful. Her friends were also slaughtered. The murders shocked so many. I would read the book Helter Skelter. So much information and I think that book and the murders turned a lot of us into Death Hags.
    ^^^^^This.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It was one of the most horrific crimes of the 20th Century, and in a way brought an end to the 60's peace and love generation. Sharon was an actress on the rise, not only incredibly beautiful, but she was becoming known in the film world as a very good comedic actress who had promise. Her comic timing in a couple of films show the path that she might have taken had she lived.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Little Chief Guest
    Good summary. Thanks for that, Mansfield!

Your very welcome, if you can get a copy of it I recommend this book highly. No mention of the murders, just a lovely look at Sharon through the eyes of family and friends.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sharon-tate-recollection.jpg 
Views:	537 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	53087  
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Little Chief Guest
    I honestly thought she was famous simply because she was married to Roman Polanski and she was murded by the Manson family, i didn't realise she was an actress. I'll keep an eye out for that book!

Some have said she couldn't act, but I disagree. She did a pretty good job in the original Valley of the Dolls.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

10050 Cielo Dr. in August 1969, with 10070 the house closet to the gate, and further down 10090 where Mrs. Chapman sought help. Cielo Drive today with a new house being built next to David Omens "haunted house". I wonder if his ghosts will give notice to move to new digs. I personally think he's full of shit. I would love to see photos before any of these homes went up and it was a private driveway to then owner Michele Morgan, must have been spooky and so remote.

Name:	Cielo Drive 69.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	53089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	540 
Size:	252.5 KB 
ID:	53090   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cielo Drive 69b.jpg 
Views:	526 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	53091  
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 09-21-2015 at 09:00 PM.

I would have loved to see Sharon Tate in an episode of Twilight Zone and was watching Its a Wonderful Life last night & she & Donna Reed knew each other I'm pretty sure, Tate would have replaced Reed in that movie!

As far as ghosts its all in what you believe. I personally have never experienced one but I do or can believe that if someone dies, lives a short life, their spirit may linger on. There are people who don't know they are gone and they linger and haunt. Anyone hear of unfinished business?? For Sharon its the taking of her baby....who is to say that there has not been one paranormal experience there? Plus its not just 1 or 2 people that passed away there- there was 5!!
    again, all in what you believe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a new bio - seems a bit too conspiratorial to me:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-abortion.html

I don't buy it. I especially don't buy The author suspects that Charles Manson was paid $25,000 by a British satanic cult to target Tate

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Me neither. Sounds like a bunch of trash.

LISTEN...

couldn't quite find the home but we made it close! I took this snapshot but not sure.....

Name:	b2b22507-1ac5-4f16-9aa5-c8ca0d4e2b28.jpg 
Views:	448 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	53266  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    a new bio - seems a bit too conspiratorial to me:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-abortion.html

Bought my copy this past Tuesday, mostly a rehash of his earlier book The Family word for word. Photos of the killers, but none of Sharon and friends, just drawings?! Ridiculous theory on why she was killed. Waste of money, the Greg King book is by far the better read.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Abigail and Voytek, the first photo has been around for awhile, I've never seen the one of them sitting.

Name:	1zohgld.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	53298   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k47ddz.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	53297  
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 01-22-2016 at 06:30 PM.

A photo of Abigail and Voytek I have never seen before. And the one that has been around for awhile.
    Never seen the last one. Thanks for sharing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Great Find. Oh and Bruce Davis was denied parole

Great find Mansfield!
    Live seen very few photos of them.

Abigail, I think on stage

I hope these were posted before but I just thought they were great of her and Abigail.

26. 01-23-2016, 07:37 PM

Happy Birthday to Sharon!
    To think she would be in her 70s..

how tall was Sharon?? She looks tall in a lot but short in some. Happy birthday
    Last edited by Tiffany; 01-24-2016 at 01:28 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happy 73rd Birthday Sharon. Celebrating her 26th in London, and returning to the States the following week.

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	53299   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_njy2u4XgDP1tqrjeoo1_400.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	53300  

The actress Rose Byrne looks so much like Sharon Tate - she should play her in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyinky View Post
    The actress Rose Byrne looks so much like Sharon Tate - she should play her in a movie.
    She does in certain photos, but I doubt it's a role she would take. On the upcoming second season of Aquarius actress Amanda Brooks will play Sharon. Her father Joe Brooks wrote the song You Light Up My Life winning the Oscar, he committed suicide, and her brother was convicted of murdering his girlfriend ! http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1396514

Name:	amanda-kate-brooks.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	53309  
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 01-25-2016 at 05:29 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sharon and Dean.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	53323with DEAN MARTIN, summer '68

with ROMAN looking at their wedding gifts, London 1/20/1968Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sharon and roman wedding gifts.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	53324

Name:	SHARON in red.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	53325 in red 1968

without make up 1968 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sharon without make up.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	53326

Her nightstand after her deathClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Sharon's night stand.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	53327
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

I'm reading that book by Curt Gentry, "Helter Skelter". Wow, what a story. The Manson Family were some very evil dudes, and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by salvatore1989 View Post
    I'm reading that book by Curt Gentry, "Helter Skelter". Wow, what a story. The Manson Family were some very evil dudes, and girls.

It was so surreal driving that road, so unimaginable to think that group of 5 or 6 people drove..... the same route. There is only 1 way to get to the house & its elevated!.... Like a dream (or nightmare)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't you mean by Vincent Bugliosi? Yeah it is a good book.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Abigail, I think on stage

Name:	2355.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	481.2 KB 
ID:	53414  

Forgive me if I aske but I was watching a YT video and the guy going up Cielo Dr. said he asked permission from police I guess LA County Police, obiously they said okay...if & when I go to see 10066 Cielo would I need to ask the coppers?? I don't want to risk NOT seeing what a lot of people do but I don't want to spend my vacation in jail.. Advice???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Name:	Sharon and Roman in mirror.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	53416

so Im so confused. I am watching this out of boredum & they start talking about more people whom have died yet they don't say that- they go I guess in a basement and say an indian is buried there.... First are they INSIDE 10066 Cielo??? OR it appears they are inside a guy name David Omen house....Is that supposed to be 2 different houses??? I don't get the whole wall of helmets....
    I know there is another home on the way to 10066....on the side, a white house.....kind of looks like a small shed- smaller home.

I dont understand the wall of helmets.... & the basement apparently an indian is buried in the floor. Are they all at the smaller white house on the side???? An indian is buried at Sharon's house???...

I personally believe Sharon & others perhaps don't know they are dead...I think Sharon and the others walk, haunt, spirits are around; a group of people lost their lives unexpecting-ly there is something.

Sharon's house still perhaps has some paranormal activity. It is what you believe or don't. BUT I know to take all this wth a grain of salt. I would love to be there to experience something...I do think ghosts, spirits, are there- 5,6 people lost their lives unexpectingly.....

Last edited by Tiffany; 02-18-2016 at 08:30 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't you mean by Vincent Bugliosi? Yeah it is a good book.
    Yes, but Helter Skelter was co-written with the Bug by Curt Gentry

Tiff, David Orman I just don't buy half the crap he says, his house is away from the site of where Sharon's house was, I just don't buy it that it's being haunted by Sharon or any of the others. The Indian Chief, that hasn't been proven either, The chief isn't buried where Sharon's house was but where David's house is. As for the helmets that is David's collection in his house. I do believe his house is haunted by something but I don't buy it's Sharon. So yes totally different house than where Sharon's house is.

Tiff, David Orman I just don't buy half the crap he says, his house is away from the site of where Sharon's house was, I just don't buy it that it's being haunted by Sharon or any of the others. The Indian Chief, that hasn't been proven either, The chief isn't buried where Sharon's house was but where David's house is. As for the helmets that is David's collection in his house. I do believe his house is haunted by something but I don't buy it's Sharon. So yes totally different house than where Sharon's house is.
    thanks for the explanation. two different locations I didn't think spirits could travel- I am skeptic in this case. I can save my 125.00 for a spirtual tour of his house- the YT video said it was that much at Davids house
    Last edited by Tiffany; 02-19-2016 at 07:20 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The twin house at 10048 Cielo Drive has been remodeled once again. The fireplace from the original home which they kept after the first makeover is now gone, must have thought it to rustic and old fashioned. Here is a tour through the place.

Name:	saplZspPJz0oD7idY6Aiqgon_1VgN_h7uccEyD8J_as7jQ3xu8Tql5jE8H72TgmKekWfPPogd0MZftlU69cndg-horz.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	53459  

Check out this great video of the Spahn Ranch location, probably shot a couple of days ago:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool vid, I like Adam the woo, he has some great videos.

1968 Cannes

Name:	Sharon Tate 1968 Cannes.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	53472  
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

The twin house at 10048 Cielo Drive has been remodeled once again. The fireplace from the original home which they kept after the first makeover is now gone, must have thought it to rustic and old fashioned. Here is a tour through the place.

Is the video the twin house of Sharon Tate's? It looks huge, even bigger than the murder site. Did they add on to it?.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    Is the video the twin house of Sharon Tate's? It looks huge, even bigger than the murder site. Did they add on to it?.
    No, this is the house that was directly below the Tate house, they called it the twin house because it was very similar in style. 10050 was torn down in the mid 90's and 10048 was extensively remodeled and added to. Here is a photo showing both the original homes.

Name:	Cielo-Drive-twin-house.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	276.7 KB 
ID:	53475  

Mansfield67, Thanks for clearing that up for me.

In looking at this photo collage I'm pretty sure that the girl in the second row, second photo in is Dominique Dunne.On an added note the new house on Cielo. Too close for comfort, kind of depressing.

Name:	2iqz4mb.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	53480   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28F0318700000578-0-image-a-126_1432221555059.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	53481   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitledd.jpg 
Views:	581 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	53482  
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 03-03-2016 at 07:47 PM.

It certainly looks like her.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD