Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10171819202128 ... LastLast

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

I recently started listening to a radio show called 'Behind the Paranormal' by Paul and Ben Eno. Going back through the first couple of shows, I started listening to this one from June 15th, 2008. It is an interview with Dave Kane, father of Nicky Kane, the youngest person killed in the Station fire. In the interview, he talks about alot of coincidences around the number 41 that began occurring before and after Nicky's death, as well as some paranormal occurrences he attributes to Nicky.

http://www.behindtheparanormal.com/p...Paranormal.mp3

Hello, everyone! Popping in to say that the dedication of the Station Fire Memorial will be held tomorrow. I know we'll all be there in spirit. I believe it will be carried live. I know I'll be looking for it!!
    Peace,
    Mary
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I haven't been here in ages. I was more active in the last thread.

They had the dedication today. It came out absolutely beautiful.

http://wpri.com/2017/05/19/virtual-t...memorial-park/

The dedication was very moving. The memorial park is beautiful and I'd love to see it in person one day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Massachusetts Guest
    I am so glad this is finally there. The pictures are beautiful and I will have to get over soon. My brother and sister-in-law went today and said it was impressivw with a feeling that went with it.
    In one of the pictures Gina is wearing a Station t-shirt. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Quote Originally Posted by Massachusetts View Post
    In one of the pictures Gina is wearing a Station t-shirt. Does anyone know where I can get one?
    The memorial foundation website sold them for many years. I just checked, and all they have left are baseball caps and jewellery.

I watched several park-opening videos on youtube. Nice! It should look great in a few years when the plants grow. I hope they replace the astroturf with REAL turf. There was an egregious error on the timeline wall at the park. It said only 355 people were inside when the fire began!!! The AG's documents proved 458, and those were only the people who were officially outed.

It looks amazing and I am glad they got it done.

Massachusetts Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RodentLady View Post
    The memorial foundation website sold them for many years. I just checked, and all they have left are baseball caps and jewellery.

I watched several park-opening videos on youtube. Nice! It should look great in a few years when the plants grow. I hope they replace the astroturf with REAL turf. There was an egregious error on the timeline wall at the park. It said only 355 people were inside when the fire began!!! The AG's documents proved 458, and those were only the people who were officially outed.
    Thanks RodentLady.
    I thought maybe they were a new batch and was hoping to get one. Anyway who is going to maintain the memorial site. Is that why they did astro turf so they do not have to worry about the lawn? There will still be maintainance to keep it nice.
    I am glad it is done and such a shame it took so long.

I watched some of the dedication video, it was very nice. And the memorial itself looks beautiful. So glad it's there to bring peace and comfort to those paying their respects for years to come. May the victims never be forgotten.

I managed to find about 95% of the park dedication on youtube. I can't find the ending with the reading of names. Here is the best coverage.

2 minute overview of the ceremony:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2tXKvEvqGQ

The full programme of speakers, over 40 minutes long (they start around 1:45)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuFsm8b8jNs
    I am surprised that the house in the background does not have a privacy fence. I
    don't know who lives there now. It was Barry Warner's house, the neighbour who
    sold the foam.

Songs:

NINETY SEVEN ANGELS (Warning! Very weepy! Bring tissues!!!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJTiG99lcgU
    "There's a point in time when tears return to laughter," Joe Silva states. He is
    right. It is months or years after a loved one is brutally killed, not a few
    DAYS later as the fake tragedies often show.

THERE'S A HERO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us09k8Q6Jb0
    Sick and inappropriate for Billy Gilman to sing, "There's a fire inside of
    everybody, burning clear and bright." I have come to expect nothing better from celebrities. However, I have to admit that his video
    has a lot of excellent still photos from the day.

I've sent an e-mail to the foundation regarding the timeline error since I saw no mention of it on their website or facebook page.

OK so I just managed to read all 19 pages of this thread and last year I read all of the pages of the former thread. My question is about the prick formerly known as Scott V. I read somewhere he was at a survivor's meeting and smirking and grinning about having turned several people away to their fiery dooms. Is this true?

I'm bumping this because you'll never guess the coincidence. When I went to Six Flags earlier today with my parents, my mother's friend Cheryl came along with her daughter Casey and her girlfriend Crystle. I was interested when my mother told me that her mother had died in the Station Nightclub fire but I wasn't going to go forward and ask her about it on a trip to Six Flags and I was afraid of what she might say and I didn't want to re-open any old wounds. She had a tattoo of her mother on her leg which I caught a glimpse of. I just decided to do a bit of research on it and I found out not only who her mother was, but who her father was as well.

And boy do I feel like a douchebag for calling him a prick in my first post. The tattoo on her leg matches up PERFECTLY to Kelly Vieira. So not only was my hope that she didn't suffer dashed because I knew what happened to her, but her FATHER may have been responsible for the other deaths if the stories about Scott Vieira are true. Her name is Crystle VIEIRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazee-Dayzee View Post
    I'm bumping this because you'll never guess the coincidence. When I went to Six Flags earlier today with my parents, my mother's friend Cheryl came along with her daughter Casey and her girlfriend Crystle. I was interested when my mother told me that her mother had died in the Station Nightclub fire but I wasn't going to go forward and ask her about it on a trip to Six Flags and I was afraid of what she might say and I didn't want to re-open any old wounds. She had a tattoo of her mother on her leg which I caught a glimpse of. I just decided to do a bit of research on it and I found out not only who her mother was, but who her father was as well.

And boy do I feel like a douchebag for calling him a prick in my first post. The tattoo on her leg matches up PERFECTLY to Kelly Vieira. So not only was my hope that she didn't suffer dashed because I knew what happened to her, but her FATHER may have been responsible for the other deaths if the stories about Scott Vieira are true. Her name is Crystle VIEIRA.
    Wow, that's a crazy coincidence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Which is why it is important for me to find out if the Scott Vieira stories about survivor's meeting where he was proud of himself when he said he turned several people away, including Gina Gauvin is true or not.

15. 07-18-2017, 09:57 AM

Hi Everyone. Geez, it has been a while again. I guess I get so busy that I do not get to come on as much as i used to. A few weeks ago my wife and I went to NYC (We are from NH). On our way back we stopped to see the memorial. They really did a great job and it was emotional being there. I personally got emotional. I have been following this since day one and to be there on what i consider sacred ground was special. I took some video of the memorial and posted it on You Tube. I'd like to share it all with you. My wife and i walked through slowly to take everything in. I then went back to shoot the video. I am by no means a professional so please forgive the shaky camera work and not so good shots. I tried to get as much as i could in. It is shot with an HD camcorder so if you aren't already set to watch in HD just click the little cog wheel and select quality 720P. I hope you like it... Main video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdYLT05lCXQ Second video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Jz263pf28

Quote Originally Posted by bustakita View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3mAJU_ZKhEM

This is actually footage of the Collectiv nightclub fire. I posted it here because of the similarities and to somehow (although apprehensively) show conditions inside the Station. Please take a look if you cwn stomach it and let me know your views.

Skip to 0:37 seconds and watch from there. I didnt understwnd,the language but the visuals definitely tell the story.
    That isn't the video of any nightclub fire. It just leads to a song.

Which is why it is important for me to find out if the Scott Vieira stories about survivor's meeting where he was proud of himself when he said he turned several people away, including Gina Gauvin is true or not.
    From Chapter 12 of Killer Show:

One year after the fire, [Gina Russo] unexpectedly came face to face with [Scott Vieira] at a function for Station Fire families. Her reaction was so immediate, and visceral, that she flinched and lost her balance, falling back into a nearby chair. All she could say was "Oh my God, it's you!" He responded, smirking, "Yeah."

Only I would end up meeting the daughter of the man who may have caused more deaths. I really hope that Crystal doesn't come on here. A week ago I didn't even know her. Now my heart hurts for her because of how her mother died and how her father acted. I doubt I'll see her again as she was the girlfriend of my mother's friend's daughter, but this is very unnerving.

Believe it or not we have to FORGIVE Scott Vieira for his actions that night.

There is a wonderful book and movie called "The Shack".

It is a must read/see to understand more about life.

I investigate fires and aircraft accidents.

I understand the frustration.

We shouldn't be so quick to cast stones.

We don't have to LIKE the guy but we do need to FORGIVE him.

Nope we don't have to forgive him, what he did was horrible, knowing there was a fire and still being an ass about letting people out of that one door. Gina wouldn't have lost Fred that night if Scott the Prick would have let them out, and other people would be alive as well.

I've listened (professionally) to probably 200 cockpit voice recorders of aircraft that end up crashing.

Mistakes are made.

Many times as the accident is progressing the pilots revert to "muscle memory" and do things that have been ingrained even though that "muscle memory" ends up killing 1-500 people.

The pilots (who survive) I talk with after a crash sometimes are amazed at their own reactions and decisions during the time of extreme stress.

"There but for the Grace of God go I" is a common mantra amongst most pilots.

Maybe many of us here have been in a catastrophe where without proper training the vision tunnels on you... your mind goes numb.

It takes training and the ability when your airplane is falling apart around you to stop for 2-3 seconds before reacting and assess exactly what is going on.

Without training the mind reverts to what it knows.

In this case it was "only the band can go out this door".

It's sad but Scott was an untrained person thrust into a split-second life and death decision.

He made the wrong choice. As many of us are capable of doing.

After seeing my fair share of shredded airplanes and horror you can only imagine I realize that we are human.

We make mistakes.

I know what I write goes against the popular voice of this forum but I know of what I speak.

The phone rings and I head off to investigate more destruction.

He knew there was a fire, it doesn't matter if he was untrained or going on old habits, but no one standing in a burning building, while people are trying to get out , even telling him there was a fire, would allow them to pass, the ego and power went to his head, he showed no remorse or guilt when he was told his wife was dead, and when Gina saw him he just smirked at her, and when she said it's you, he said yes it's me, and smirked at her again. This has nothing to do with a plane crash, in the air all you can do is kiss your ass goodbye and hope for the best, on the ground, mere feet from a door that if the asshole had allowed people out of, he could have saved lives, but no he chose, yes chose to block their way and not let them out, HE KNEW THERE WAS A FIRE, HE KNEW HE WAS BLOCKING THE WAY, He should have been brought up on charges.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 08-01-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Most people don't realize that while there's a fire, it's a dire situation. Oxygen is being consumed while toxins are being released.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    Most people don't realize that while there's a fire, it's a dire situation. Oxygen is being consumed while toxins are being released.
    He was told there was a fire, by several people

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    He was told there was a fire, by several people

It doesn't matter.

However I can see you're not understanding what I was trying to say.

No worries.

HE KNEW THERE WAS A FIRE, HE KNEW HE WAS BLOCKING THE WAY, He should have been brought up on charges.

People are never charged under these circumstances for the very reasons I tried to explain.

The next time you are faced with a horrific situation you'll understand tunnel vision and a loss of situational awareness.

Again it takes training to step back and make the right decisions.

I understand what you are saying, but any normal person, no matter what would say yeah go out this door to get out to safety, I have been in a situation to where I had to think fast, again if you were standing there as the bouncer and the boss said to you don't let people out the band door, and then suddenly there is a fire, and people are coming to you begging to be let out saying there is a fire we need to get out, would you tell them sorry band only, can't go out that way, or would you say, go go get out, and then yell for more people to get out? I believe you would, however, he did not, you don't need training to have common sense and compassion. By the way, Rail, your last two post you will need to combine those together, they have to be thirty mins apart, according to the forum rules, just thought I would give you a heads up before a mod gives you a warning.

I've said my piece I'll go back to lurking.

Take care everyone.

No need to lurk, I respect what you are saying you are entitled to your opinion and thoughts just like everyone else is, we are free to discuss and argue to a point, so lets agree to disagree.

Didn't Scott say anything else? I could have sworn in the previous topic somebody who survived had him laughing and joking saying he didn't let them go out the door.

Didn't Scott say anything else? I could have sworn in the previous topic somebody who survived had him laughing and joking saying he didn't let them go out the door.
    You are correct, he did say that, I think Gina overheard him at the hospital talking to someone, or at the memorial, not the recent one, he was laughing and he said well he followed rules, he didn't let them out the door, he wasn't even broken up when he was told his wife died, and when Gina confronted him, he smirked at her and kind of laughed and said Yep It's Me.

boywon36m Guest
    I wish there was a sticky for all the links/pictures that have been posted i haven’t been able to locate a clear version of the butler video but while researching fires i found a brief fairly clear clip of the door area
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFMzD-Sk4Fk
    its in the middle of the video

I was able to visit the memorial today. It was every bit emotional as you would think but so beautifully peaceful too. This is an incredible effort done well. While we were there people never stopped coming I am glad this place exists for anyone who needs it. Grateful to have been able to do this.
    "When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself."
    -Anonymous

Chicago, Glad you were able to go, I hope I can go one of these days.

That isn't the video of any nightclub fire. It just leads to a song.
    My apologies.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AFMzD-Sk4Fk

37. 08-18-2017, 02:01 AM

Reason
    Spam

Quote Originally Posted by bustakita View Post
    Thanks bustakita. This is a link about the Colectiv nightclub fire in Romania in 2015. 2015! 12 years after the Station Fire, and similar tragedies still take place. 64 people died. It makes me sick to see history repeating itself over and over.

Here is a link to a 45 minute Discovery Channel documentary on the Colectiv fire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDBDqjdeylA It happened in almost exactly the same way.. pyrotechnics set soundproofing foam on fire, which spread to the ceiling. They do a reconstruction of the fire for the documentary, but they also briefly show a cellphone video from a survivor inside the club, showing the burning embers, melting foam and sparks dropping down from the ceiling above. I'm sure it was a lot like it looked inside the Station.

snooper56 Guest
    Hello Station Thread!

Whew, that was a long read--I just finished each and every page of both threads. I read the first one twice, once before photobucket decided to eliminate so many of the pics (glad I saved 'em).

I don't have any amazing new facts to contribute, but I wanted to say a huge thank you to all who have put in so much time and effort into researching this event, you've done a tremendous job. I believe this event is timeless--it's effects are still felt strongly by many, 14 years later. If I come up with something useful while researching and watching the videos (a huge, huge thank you to dionyzus for getting all of that information onto the drive!!!), I will not hesitate to share it.

Wishing you all well,
    J.

Smacked Guest
    Hi folks.
    I've read both threads and have a question that I don't recall seeing any answers to (forgive me if I overlooked something) regarding the "Where's my husband?!" lady. Could she have been panicking in the doorway, perhaps even attempting to walk back in to search for him, and have been one of the first, or THE first, to fall?

Some people mentioned that there was "nothing out there that could have caused screaming like that" or something along those lines. I disagree--falling and having someone fall on her could have caused that.

That, or she was screaming because she watched the pile-up develop and was in a state of sheer terror. All I know is, if you time it, her screams are right about when the pile-up would have started.

Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    Thanks bustakita. This is a link about the Colectiv nightclub fire in Romania in 2015. 2015! 12 years after the Station Fire, and similar tragedies still take place. 64 people died. It makes me sick to see history repeating itself over and over.

Here is a link to a 45 minute Discovery Channel documentary on the Colectiv fire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDBDqjdeylA It happened in almost exactly the same way.. pyrotechnics set soundproofing foam on fire, which spread to the ceiling. They do a reconstruction of the fire for the documentary, but they also briefly show a cellphone video from a survivor inside the club, showing the burning embers, melting foam and sparks dropping down from the ceiling above. I'm sure it was a lot like it looked inside the Station.
    thanks. Have you also seen the Santika night club fire video? horrifying. And sadly the Collectiv did happen in 2015...you would think decades later lessons would have been learned by now.

Hey! I found some pictures of David Stone, the Station's lighting tech. My mother brought over a lot of old photos on one of her visits from Florida in the past few years. I must NOT have looked at all of them, because there they were.

In 2004, a year after the fire:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A 1194.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	54426

In 1997, with long hair:

Name:	A 1233.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	54427

C. 1999:

Name:	A 1185.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	54428Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A 1184.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	54429

And one with my sister holding their sweet apple-cheeked baby in early 1996.
    Technically, he is our first cousin once removed:

Name:	A 1216.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	54430

Quote Originally Posted by Smacked View Post
    Hi folks.
    I've read both threads and have a question that I don't recall seeing any answers to (forgive me if I overlooked something) regarding the "Where's my husband?!" lady. Could she have been panicking in the doorway, perhaps even attempting to walk back in to search for him, and have been one of the first, or THE first, to fall?

Some people mentioned that there was "nothing out there that could have caused screaming like that" or something along those lines. I disagree--falling and having someone fall on her could have caused that.

That, or she was screaming because she watched the pile-up develop and was in a state of sheer terror. All I know is, if you time it, her screams are right about when the pile-up would have started.

Food for thought.
    The where's my husband lady was actually standing outside, is she the one with the white sweater on, she got out and then later in the video it shows her hugging her husband, she was freaking out screaming because she thought he was inside still.

The where's my husband lady was actually standing outside, is she the one with the white sweater on, she got out and then later in the video it shows her hugging her husband, she was freaking out screaming because she thought he was inside still.
    I agree pk. The woman says "where's my husband" twice just after BB emerges outside the front doors. Her voice is clear, not muffled like it was coming from inside. Then when the woman's screaming starts, it sounds like the same tone of voice and just a little louder. So it's likely coming from the same woman, standing outside and panicking as she realizes her husband could be trapped inside. Yes, there are those who think the screams could be coming from inside the atrium windows but the above analysis seems to be more likely.

On another subject, I recently found an article on Blabbermouth.net saying that a new documentary is coming out next year. Jack Russell says it's partly about him, but other sources say it's primarily about the Station Fire itself. Here is the link to the article: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/for...ery-cathartic/

Of course Jack Russell would say it's about him, he tries to make everything about him. can't wait to see it, the screaming is from the Where's My Husband woman. She is screaming Paul.

One of these days I have GOT to go and see that memorial. I can now only JUST watch the video with the sound on.

Hi guys! I haven't been here in a while but I made a trip back home to RI this weekend, and made sure I stopped at the Station Memorial and took a lot of pics. I'm working on uploading them now, so they should be up soon. It was beautiful! But, I will say, you can FEEL the heaviness in the air. And I swear to God, at one point when I was standing near the back of the property, I got a whiff of something burning. It lasted for about 2 seconds, but I definitely experienced it. I'll have the pics up ASAP.

Pics here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-2724.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	469.6 KB 
ID:	54453  

Hey guys, I posted the album here: https://imgur.com/a/M6wag

My gosh thank you Commander, for posting the pictures for us, beautiful, glad they were able to get it completed.

boywon36m Guest
    I found a very clear picture of the front door pile up Thought It might help id people
    https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress...e320.jpg?w=320
    you will need to download the picture to zoom in

Lovely photos, Commander Amander. Thank You for sharing! The park looks less like a mini golf course now. But it still looks like a Masonic ritual: First, visitors must pass through the twin pillars of Mercy and Severity.

Do you know what the symbols are on the markers for the women who do not have pictures? I've watched a few video tours on youtube, but I can't make out what they are. For example, here is Rachael's marker in the background of this pic from one of the newspapers:

Name:	snf marker.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	393.7 KB 
ID:	54455