Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

Quote Originally Posted by bustakita View Post
    RodentLady, I can't see that attachment
    Eek! Are my pictures not working? Here, I put them on tinypic:
    http://tinypic.com/m/iy2bk4/4
    http://tinypic.com/m/iy2bk5/4
    http://tinypic.com/m/iy2bk0/4
    http://tinypic.com/m/iy2bh2/4

Now if I can find that Tina picture again...

I was only able to find a tiny thumbnail of Tina's "Mr. T" photo. I know that I've seen a decent-size version more than a week ago but less than 3 weeks ago, so I scrolled through my past month's browsing history. There was nothing relevant in the dozen links I revisited.

Name:  snf Tina Ayer1.jpg
Views: 3101
Size:  3.1 KB

Luckily, there were two more photos of her right on google images.

Name:  snf Tina Ayer2.jpg
Views: 3380
Size:  8.4 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	snf Tina Ayer3.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	52710

-------------------------

I found this archive. org page with audio recordings of some of the Victim Impact Statements from Dan Biechele's sentencing hearing. He was the first suspect up for "trial." Of the 6 audios that I clicked on, 2 were blank and 4 worked well:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200807060...audio/list.htm

After 12 years, I had forgotten that Christopher Prouty was yet ANOTHER expectant father to die in the blaze. That makes five that I know of! How sad. He is also seen in the Before The Fire video, clearly visible for a good two or three seconds.

...Wow how sad about Christopher Prouty...also where were he and Tina Ayer in the before video???

In the common youtube version, the woman who in my opinion resembles some photos of Tina is seen from 2:30 to 2:34. At first, she is seen from the side:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snf 61.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	52714
    A man says, "Hey, film me!" and Butler swings his camera to the left. When he turns back, the woman is seen again and gives a thumbs up:

Name:	snf 60.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	52715

Chris Prouty is seen from 5:40 to 5:42. He is in the upper right corner of the screen, making a funny expression for the camera. Someone says, "Look at her ass, not my face." I don't have a still of that moment yet, but here is a photo of Chris:

Name:	snf Chris Prouty.jpg 
Views:	514 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	52716

In the audio, Chris's father said he was one of the last two or three victims ID'd. I'm stumped by the mystery surrounding the final four identifications. At first, it was believed that 96 bodies were recovered from the site on Friday and a 97th on Saturday morning. 93 of them were positively ID'd within four days. Governor Carcieri said that the ME's office was having trouble with the last four and progress stalled for a couple of more days. On Thursday the 27th, he announced that the four bodies were determined to be only three bodies and they had all been positively ID'd. The death count was reduced from 97 to 96.
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gre...educed-by-one/

Back in 2003, I assumed that this was because some bodies had been cremated down to almost nothing during the fire. However, when the ME's Grand Jury testimony was released four year later, that was NOT the case at all. Most victims had smoke inhalation as the major cause of death. The few who did not had other findings that Dr. LaPosata explained. So every victim still had at least part of their respiratory tract. DNA was not used to identify anyone. Dental records sufficed on the cases where photos and tattoos were not enough. So why were three victims thought to be four victims for so long?

In the older thread, at least two posters mentioned that Sarah Telgarsky's daughter had stated that nothing was found of her mother but her teeth. This seems to be an urban legend. Dr. LaPosata testified, "We identified Sarah by dental records, tattoo, distinctive jewelry and she also resembled a photo I.D. provided by the family."

Chris Prouty: "We identified him through his resemblance to a photo provided to us by the family, fingerpint comparison, distinctive jewelry and personal effects associated." Hmm. So what was so difficult about his ID?

I'm sorry to get this graphic. My passion in life is understanding. I WANT to understand this but it makes no sense!
    Last edited by RodentLady; 05-23-2015 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Added an article, corrected a date.

That was heartbreaking. Thanks for sharing that Dude.

Thanks, TheDude. I should have re-watched my video and included Sarah Ballard's own words in my last post. More inconsistencies.

Sarah Ballard: "They couldn't even find her body." But then, "It wasn't until one week later that they identified her by only dental records." So, at least part of her was found. Even intact bodies are often ID'd by dental records if nothing on the surface is unique.

Medical Examiner: "Died of inhalation of products of combustion and superheated oxygen-depleted atmosphere with other findings of thermal injury to body surface." Such a conclusion would not be possible with a few bones/teeth.
    "We identified Sarah by dental records, tattoo, distinctive jewelry and she also resembled a photo I.D. provided by the family." So way more than "only" dental records.

Who is right?

Quote Originally Posted by RodentLady View Post
    In the common youtube version, the woman who in my opinion resembles some photos of Tina is seen from 2:30 to 2:34. At first, she is seen from the side:

A man says, "Hey, film me!" and Butler swings his camera to the left. When he turns back, the woman is seen again and gives a thumbs up:

Chris Prouty is seen from 5:40 to 5:42. He is in the upper right corner of the screen, making a funny expression for the camera. Someone says, "Look at her ass, not my face." I don't have a still of that moment yet, but here is a photo of Chris:

In the audio, Chris's father said he was one of the last two or three victims ID'd. I'm stumped by the mystery surrounding the final four identifications. At first, it was believed that 96 bodies were recovered from the site on Friday and a 97th on Saturday morning. 93 of them were positively ID'd within four days. Governor Carcieri said that the ME's office was having trouble with the last four and progress stalled for a couple of more days. On Thursday the 27th, he announced that the four bodies were determined to be only three bodies and they had all been positively ID'd. The death count was reduced from 97 to 96.
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gre...educed-by-one/

Back in 2003, I assumed that this was because some bodies had been cremated down to almost nothing during the fire. However, when the ME's Grand Jury testimony was released four year later, that was NOT the case at all. Most victims had smoke inhalation as the major cause of death. The few who did not had other findings that Dr. LaPosata explained. So every victim still had at least part of their respiratory tract. DNA was not used to identify anyone. Dental records sufficed on the cases where photos and tattoos were not enough. So why were three victims thought to be four victims for so long?

In the older thread, at least two posters mentioned that Sarah Telgarsky's daughter had stated that nothing was found of her mother but her teeth. This seems to be an urban legend. Dr. LaPosata testified, "We identified Sarah by dental records, tattoo, distinctive jewelry and she also resembled a photo I.D. provided by the family."

Chris Prouty: "We identified him through his resemblance to a photo provided to us by the family, fingerpint comparison, distinctive jewelry and personal effects associated." Hmm. So what was so difficult about his ID?

I'm sorry to get this graphic. My passion in life is understanding. I WANT to understand this but it makes no sense!
    RodentLady, sorry, but I do not believe that's Tina Ayers. Too masculine-looking. This person was discussed a couple pages back and it was kinda accepted that this is victim Kevin Washburn. When the camera goes by him, he lets out a 'yeeeaaahhhh' that you can hear if you listen closely. But in your first pic, looking straight-ahead at the camera is victim William Cartwright and a couple seconds afterwards in the vid I believe you catch a glimpse of victim Budweiser rep Michael Cordier in a dark gray shirt and dark hat or visor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    RodentLady, sorry, but I do not believe that's Tina Ayers. Too masculine-looking. This person was discussed a couple pages back and it was kinda accepted that this is victim Kevin Washburn.
    Ah, thank your, Frank Drebin! I haven't looked at the older pages of this new thread recently. For anyone that's interested, there are several photos of Kevin Washburn all throughout page 7.
    I don't see a man when I look at the person in question. Her eyebrows are tweezed MUCH thinner than they would naturally grow if left to their own devices. I do see a resemblance to Kevin. But the eyebrows are wrong- his are pretty much straight across in every photo and they are thick. The person in question has rounded eyebrows, just like the Tina photos in post 559 above.

If I reversed the image of Tina in the heart shape photo, I think her nose would be a decent match for the nose in the side view from the video.

I'm still seeing good detective work here...loving it...also another question many of the victims families said their deceased loved ones can be seen in the video which leads me to wonder what are the odds of so many of the victims being seen in the before video...and also how many of the families or injured have actually watched the video and what are their thoughts? I hope I summed this up correctly and tactfully...

11. 05-26-2015, 06:41 AM

Zilla Guest
    Wow, I just spent a week in periodic training for my job, and one day was on fire safety. One of the things they showed us was footage from inside the club, when it started, through the evacuation, bottlenecked exits and immediate aftermath. The instructor was telling us, "each person here whose face you can see clearly, died." It was pretty stunning stuff to see.

MA hole Guest
    I'm still seeing good detective work here...loving it...also another question many of the victims families said their deceased loved ones can be seen in the video which leads me to wonder what are the odds of so many of the victims being seen in the before video...and also how many of the families or injured have actually watched the video and what are their thoughts? I hope I summed this up correctly and tactfully...
    IMO, I think the odds are pretty good due to the way the crowd was gathered and spread out around the club, and the sheer amount of people in the crowd shots (and in the club entirely, for that matter). As for family members recognizing their loved ones, I think it's just much easier for them than it is for us, considering the many out-dated obituary photos used. Close family members also likely knew what they were wearing when they left for the club that night. I do appreciate the possibility also that family members may be mistaken, but overall I think they'd have a much easier time noticing faces in the crowd that they saw daily or with regular frequency.

MA hole Guest
    Thanks, TheDude. I should have re-watched my video and included Sarah Ballard's own words in my last post. More inconsistencies.

Sarah Ballard: "They couldn't even find her body." But then, "It wasn't until one week later that they identified her by only dental records." So, at least part of her was found. Even intact bodies are often ID'd by dental records if nothing on the surface is unique.

Medical Examiner: "Died of inhalation of products of combustion and superheated oxygen-depleted atmosphere with other findings of thermal injury to body surface." Such a conclusion would not be possible with a few bones/teeth.
    "We identified Sarah by dental records, tattoo, distinctive jewelry and she also resembled a photo I.D. provided by the family." So way more than "only" dental records.

Who is right?
    That's a tough call, but I can't help but think the ME may have been trying not to get too graphic as to spare family members feelings and the observing public's feelings. Said family members were likely eventually given more specific info during the investigation and trial processes. She may be exaggerating as it is a victim impact statement meant to garner sympathy for those the victim left behind and also shame the person responsible. Also, remember that later a forensic archeology team combed the footprint of the club, it may have been that the jewelry and additional identifying "items" were found during that process.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Wow, I just spent a week in periodic training for my job, and one day was on fire safety. One of the things they showed us was footage from inside the club, when it started, through the evacuation, bottlenecked exits and immediate aftermath. The instructor was telling us, "each person here whose face you can see clearly, died." It was pretty stunning stuff to see.
    That's false. Most of the faces you see in the videos survived, although approximately 1/4 -1/5 of the people in that club died, which is probably the take-home message that you instructor was trying to convey.

Yeah, it would be statistically improbable for all 100 decedents to be seen on Butler's video. Surely most people are survivors. The three people that I knew in real life were never seen, and I scrutinised every moment. Not only were my sister and brother-in-law in the club, but even David Stone, the lighting tech, was married to a cousin of mine at the time. I didn't know him, but I certainly would have recognised him. He was about 5' 1," thin, with dark brown hair. I forget if his hair would have been long or short in 2003.

That's part of the reason why it was so stunning to meet Adam Florio a few years later. He was visible at least six different times in the footage: In the "before" video, he was seen at the back of the crowd from the stage, then he was waiting for Julie Mellini to serve him at the back bar and stared straight into the camera. As GW took the stage, the back of his head was in front of Butler. He paused to take photos, then turned away. The delay may have saved his life. Rachael walked away just before him, and she didn't make it. Outside, I think I saw him walking between two cars after he escaped out a window. In other footage taken a bit later, he was leaning against a car at the Cowessett Inn, fanning his face with the freezing air. Finally, he was seen for a second sitting on a stretcher, wrapped lovingly in a blanket, fresh gauze on his hands.

------------------------------

Maybe this is Christopher Prouty?

Name:	snf69.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	52722Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snf66.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	328.1 KB 
ID:	52723Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snf67.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	52724

Could this be Ed Ervanian with a shaved head? Brianna Quarry states that she saw him at the main bar:

Name:	snf Ed Ervanian2.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	52725Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snf 65.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	52726Name:  snf Ed Ervanian1.jpg
Views: 3477
Size:  1.7 KB

Thanks for all the good answers guys. I thought the guy with Nancy Notes in the above photo was Frederick Levesque and he actually posted here only once. I am amazed I remembered both of those names by memory alone. 😱😱😱

*Nancy Noyes...sorry stupid auto correct

Yeah, it would be statistically improbable for all 100 decedents to be seen on Butler's video. Surely most people are survivors. The three people that I knew in real life were never seen, and I scrutinised every moment. Not only were my sister and brother-in-law in the club, but even David Stone, the lighting tech, was married to a cousin of mine at the time. I didn't know him, but I certainly would have recognised him. He was about 5' 1," thin, with dark brown hair. I forget if his hair would have been long or short in 2003.

That's part of the reason why it was so stunning to meet Adam Florio a few years later. He was visible at least six different times in the footage: In the "before" video, he was seen at the back of the crowd from the stage, then he was waiting for Julie Mellini to serve him at the back bar and stared straight into the camera. As GW took the stage, the back of his head was in front of Butler. He paused to take photos, then turned away. The delay may have saved his life. Rachael walked away just before him, and she didn't make it. Outside, I think I saw him walking between two cars after he escaped out a window. In other footage taken a bit later, he was leaning against a car at the Cowessett Inn, fanning his face with the freezing air. Finally, he was seen for a second sitting on a stretcher, wrapped lovingly in a blanket, fresh gauze on his hands.

------------------------------

Maybe this is Christopher Prouty?

Could this be Ed Ervanian with a shaved head? Brianna Quarry states that she saw him at the main bar:
    David Stone has a unique look. I didn't see him in the videos.

That does look like it could be Christopher Prouty.

It is reported that that is survivor Fred Levesque in the bottom Pic. He was there with Nancy <something>, the woman talking to the camera.

David Stone has a unique look. I didn't see him in the videos.
    It is reported that that is survivor Fred Levesque in the bottom Pic. He was there with Nancy <something>, the woman talking to the camera.
    Oh, do you know David Stone, Lt.Frank Drebin?!?! I've been wondering if he ever found some peace.

Fred ID'd himself in this scene with Nancy Noyes. They are standing at the half wall on the side of the soundboard:

Name:	snf Nancy and Fred.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	52729
    Notice that he has a black shirt and hair that falls onto his forehead. She has a light grey shirt.

Over at the main horseshoe bar, this couple is sitting down:

Name:	snf 65.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	52730
    Notice that the woman has a black shirt. The man has a white sleeve with dark cuff and collar and a prominent watch. He has no hair in his forehead. Only when I watched the other frames did I notice that he does have some very short brown hair. The woman says, "Should be a great show. We're waiting patiently."

Nancy and Fred are seen from 1:38 to 1:52 in this version of the video. The other couple are seen from 3:20 to 3:42.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1FW...Q00/edit?pli=1

Is that a second professional camera set up in the bar room from 2:40 to 2:47? Look past Tracey King's head to the back of the room (which is towards the top of the screen.) To the right of the TV, in front of the first paned window, is an object shaped like a large video camera.

21. 05-28-2015, 06:12 AM

Oh, do you know David Stone, Lt.Frank Drebin?!?! I've been wondering if he ever found some peace.

Fred ID'd himself in this scene with Nancy Noyes. They are standing at the half wall on the side of the soundboard:

Notice that he has a black shirt and hair that falls onto his forehead. She has a light grey shirt.

Over at the main horseshoe bar, this couple is sitting down:

Notice that the woman has a black shirt. The man has a white sleeve with dark cuff and collar and a prominent watch. He has no hair in his forehead. Only when I watched the other frames did I notice that he does have some very short brown hair. The woman says, "Should be a great show. We're waiting patiently."

Nancy and Fred are seen from 1:38 to 1:52 in this version of the video. The other couple are seen from 3:20 to 3:42.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1FW...Q00/edit?pli=1

Is that a second professional camera set up in the bar room from 2:40 to 2:47? Look past Tracey King's head to the back of the room (which is towards the top of the screen.) To the right of the TV, in front of the first paned window, is an object shaped like a large video camera.
    The only time Fred Levesque has made an appearance in this forum (to my knowledge) was on the 10th anniversary of the fire, on page 94 I believe of the old thread. He stated:

"that is me with Nancy at the bar. When the show started she went toward the stage and I was to meet her."

So he IDed himself in your second picture, not the first. We still haven't positively IDed the 3 people in the first picture, to my knowledge.

Oh and as for the question about a possible second video camera from 2:40 to 2:47, I can see what you're looking at RL. But I think it's the back of a neon sign in a window.
    Last edited by dionyzus; 05-28-2015 at 06:45 AM.

I had it backwards! Thank you, everyone, for setting me straight. I didn't perform a search because I was sure that I was sure. I had seen the Fred/Nancy discussion a few days ago. From now on I will double check.

Imagine what we will be able to see when someone points us to a clear copy of the tape! It was only about three years ago that members here reported the clear version being removed from youtube. Many folks must have saved it for themselves.

I would love to see a clear version

Has anyone else ever stated on record if they saw themselves in the video?

Has anyone else ever stated on record if they saw themselves in the video?
    Yes. Michelle Malardo said she exited right behind Butler. Brothers William and Michael O'Neil said they saw themselves in the fourth row. Mike had red hair, Bill wore a black baseball cap backwards, both had leather jackets.

Ken Mariorenzi: "Prominent forehead almost hit video camera as he exited." He heard his voice saying, "Don't push! We'll all get out!" 6' 2," 230, brown sweater.
    Joe Cristina, who took the Jeff Rader photo, saw himself on a stretcher in some late footage and also spotted himself inside with Matthew Pickett earlier.

Richard Sanetti said, "Bridget, Patty and Katie O'Donnell had the three seats and Sean and I were standing next to them." (Yipes, his statment is the most descriptive as far as the state of the people he rescued and almost rescued. Someone named Cathy/Kathy [probably Sullivan or Sagesta] came out the front door on fire. Matt Darby was with his party. Richard made no mention of seeing him outside, so that's further evidence of the lack of evidence about Darby, hrmmm....)

In his Grand Jury testimony, Walter Castle ID'd himself in a still photo from the video. (That picture is in the old thread.) He said he was 6' 7," making him even taller than the 6' 6" Bob Young, deceased. When asked to describe the Derderians, Castle said, "They can't be more than like six foot two." Ha! The brothers were 5' 4" and 5' 6." I forget who, but another man described Jeff D as six feet tall.

Sean who? Is this the guy seated on a bar stool facing Katie ODonnell? From what I understand, Patty Sanetti left the club early and was not there during the fire. I did not see Patty Sanetti in the video.

Ok how do we have confirmation that Cathy (Sullivan or Sagesta) came out the door on fire? Which door? I'm going back to look at the witness statements of Cathys to see what I see to confirm...

Edit: Actually I just looked it was Catherine Carignan in the main door. What are the odds more than one Catherine was stuck in that front door pileup.
    Last edited by bustakita; 06-02-2015 at 05:20 AM.

Ok how do we have confirmation that Cathy (Sullivan or Dagestan) came out the door on fire? Which door? I'm going back to look at the witness statements of Cathys to see what I see to confirm...
    Yeah we do see a person come out the door and down the stairs on fire

Sean who? Is this the guy seated on a bar stool facing Katie ODonnell? From what I understand, Patty Sanetti left the club early and was not there during the fire. I did not see Patty Sanetti in the video.
    Sean O'Donnell, Katie's boyfriend who coincidentally had the same last name.

--------------------
    Busatika- (I haven't learned how to reply to multiple quotes)
    Carignan was treated and released from the hospital that same night.

Sullivan was with Mary Baker, Donna Mitchell and Pam G, who all died. Her brother's statement said she was pulled from the pile by a man named Scott. She was at Mass General for at least 6 weeks.

Sagesta's statement has, "Made it out somehow through front doors." So maybe it was her that Richard Sanetti helped? She was with Joh Van Duesen, who was also horrifically burned. She was at RIH for over a month.

EDITED TO ADD: Another browse of my notes shows that Shauna Dell also saw herself in the video, wearing a green coat.
    Charles Oberg is another person who said he came out of the front pile-up on fire.
    Last edited by RodentLady; 06-03-2015 at 01:47 AM.

Thanks for clarifying this. Because I was trying to figure out what are the odds of more than one Catherine being in the door pileup. I thought I saw statements from more than one Catherine in the doorway.

32. 06-03-2015, 05:43 PM

I've been wondering who the man and woman are that were rescued from the doorway at the same time as Raul Mike Vargas. They can be seen, very briefly and very blurrily (is that a word?) on Greg Best's video footage which can be found on youtube and on Dionyzius's "SF Public" Google drive. They were pulled out around the time that the remaining frame of the greenhouse collapsed. That was either 12:15 or 12:35 am, more than a full hour after the fire started. Here is a picture of the man that I took from the old thread:

Name:	snf 50.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	52760

I doubt that we'll ever know. Other than Vargas, NO ONE who remembers his/her rescue mentions being found like that.

I would love to learn about the lives of the dozens of survivors who were pysically changed by the fire but that we haven't heard from. Such as Grant Hall, Jennifer Vieira, Joe DiBona, John Mangan, Kathleen Sullivan, and many others. Someone on youtube linked to this photo of Mike Iannone:

Name:	snf Mike Iannone.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	311.6 KB 
ID:	52761 It's from 2008 when Mike began teaching at Cranston West High School. Mike's at the back left.

Adrian Krasinskas has the good or bad luck to have a unique enough name that I actually found some relevant results when I seach-engined him.
    http://www.southbridgeeveningnews.co...2013.07.26.pdf
    He is currently 41 years of age, the magic number for this thread. So am I!

It just dawned on me this week that the acronym for the "Massachussetts Burn Injury Reporting System" is MBIRS. So it is pronounced "embers." How tacky.

Karen372 Guest
    Hey all. Although I've been a lurker for a few weeks now, this is my first actual post. I don't have anything to contribute, other than I have read this entire thread from thread 1, post 1..and am blown away by the dedication, attention to detail and love that runs throughout. I am about to begin reading witness statements..after I grab some Kleenex.

I've been wondering who the man and woman are that were rescued from the doorway at the same time as Raul Mike Vargas. They can be seen, very briefly and very blurrily (is that a word?) on Greg Best's video footage which can be found on youtube and on Dionyzius's "SF Public" Google drive. They were pulled out around the time that the remaining frame of the greenhouse collapsed. That was either 12:15 or 12:35 am, more than a full hour after the fire started. Here is a picture of the man that I took from the old thread:

I doubt that we'll ever know. Other than Vargas, NO ONE who remembers his/her rescue mentions being found like that.
    Great detective work on more of the survivors, RL. You bring up an interesting point about those rescued from the front doorway. It seems clear from the descriptions of the firefighters that while some survivors were pulled from the front doorway during the fire itself, they were mostly in firefighting mode, trying to spray the front doorway with their hose to give those near the front a chance of survival.

My impression is that after the flames had died down and Mike Vargas was able to walk out of the pileup of bodies, that was when the firefighters were also pulling out other badly burned survivors such as Gina Russo and Pamela Gruttadauria (who sadly died many days later in the hospital). I didn't think the man in your first picture was pulled out that late, RL. Where is the description of he and the woman being rescued at that time? I'm curious.

Also welcome to the thread Karen! Good luck reading through the witness statements, going through them is like reading a full length novel!

Karen372 Guest
    I have watched Sara Ballard's victim's statement a few times. Hers gets me every time. Having lost MY mom at the age of 17 (she had a brain tumor) I know the sense of abandonment and loss..the thoughts that she will never see her grandchildren,and that they in turn, will be deprived their grand-ma. Such heartache---from something that could have easily been prevented.

Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    Where is the description of he and the woman being rescued at that time? I'm curious.
    Vargas mentions the man in his witness statement (3rd folder) and the woman in his Dateline interview.

In greg Best's footage, here is Mike at 2:55 and the woman at 3:25:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI0c...feature=relmfu

In the next segment, the collapse occurs around 55 seconds. The survivor begins to be seen at 1:14. At 1:55 is the moment captured in the screenshot I posted above:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S4-1XNUWk0

----------------

WELCOME, KAREN! The more love we can bring to the SNF family, the bigger our heart grows.

Vargas mentions the man in his witness statement (3rd folder) and the woman in his Dateline interview.

In greg Best's footage, here is Mike at 2:55 and the woman at 3:25:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI0c...feature=relmfu

In the next segment, the collapse occurs around 55 seconds. The survivor begins to be seen at 1:14. At 1:55 is the moment captured in the screenshot I posted above:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S4-1XNUWk0
    Thanks RL for the clarification. We know at least 3 or 4 badly burned survivors were pulled out of the pile around this time, including: Joe Kinan, Gina Russo, Linda Suffoletto and Pamela Gruttadauria. In the Dateline interview, Vargas says he heard a man screaming to his left. Kinan says that he never lost consciousness and was screaming, so that was quite possibly him next to Vargas. Having said that, the man taken off by stretcher in the Youtube footage in the second link above did not appear to be as badly burned as Kinan turned out to be. So that could have been a different survivor. Meanwhile, Russo says that a fellow survivor said she was talking in the ambulance taking her away, and she had been conscious since being pulled out of the pile, although she doesn't remember this. But this might mean it was her behind Vargas trying to reach over him in the pile. I read a harrowing account of Suffoletto or Gruttadauria being found in the pile by firefighters who originally thought she was dead. I forget where I read that. But that leads me to believe she was found a bit later.

It's hard to imagine the amount of human suffering that took place in the front doorway, among both those who lived and died. It is disturbing to even think about. I can only imagine having lived through it like the brave survivors who managed to make it out alive!
    Last edited by dionyzus; 06-15-2015 at 06:40 PM.

I browsed Vargas's Grand Jury testimony again, as well. He said that as he was being wheeled away, there were some living victims on fire being cooled off in snowbanks. I think there were a lot of survivors being rescued that late. WOW!! He said that two women shared his ambulance. I forget who, but one first responder said there were still injured people being triaged across the street at the Cowesset Inn restaurant until 2 am.

Vargas was taken to Miriam Hospital, which is where Gina Russo went first before being transported to Shriner's. Linda Suffoletto was first taken to Fatima Hospital in a town called North Providence. So was Mitchell Shubert. I lived near Fatima for 13 years. It is a small community hospital. I was surprised that anyone mortally injured would be taken there. It proves how overwhelmed the local hospitals were that morning.

40. 06-16-2015, 06:19 PM

...wow...good info guys...I didn't realize that there were that many people still being rescued afterwards...this event still weighs heavily on my mind...I also wonder who the guy on the stretcher was...

Concert dust explosion in Taiwan June 27:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b6d_1435590191

It's still happening and we need to always be aware of our surroundings.

omg is that a person running around on fire?

Wow I guess there was no "soundproofing" hung on the walls to trap the patrons of that club. Ceilings were high too. The Station fire just sickens me...

...this fire is always on my mind whenever I go out into a crowded atmosphere, grocery store etc. Cause I mean...they just went out to have a good time and they are gone. Paraguay supermarket they just went to make groceries and they are gone...😪😪😪

Wow don't know if anyone saw this but you guys were mentioned in this article written just this year: http://vortexwinder.com/582/station-nightclub-fire/

qulevergrrl Guest
    I'm still shocked by the fact that only three people went to jail over this. I always thought that Jack Russell (sorry fans) looked like an idiot in that "Once Bitten Twice Shy" vid, but man, what an effing idiot! "That wasn't supposed to happen." That's what he says? Holy crap! I just want to scream! That would have given almost everyone a chance if he would have said, "everyone needs to calmly turn to one of the four exits. And remember, there are two exits up here by us!" I just can't think about this anymore. It hurts.

Anyone who has read a decent amount of the witness statements will know that "The crowd was even bigger at Dokken" was a common recollection among Station regulars. The paper trail backs them up. A hand-written ledger recorded 558 people at the Station on the night of the Dokken concert on January second, 2002. That does not mean all 558 were present during the whole performance.

In SF public, go to "4th phase." The first folder inside it is "Additional 42 Tern Road Documents." Click on it. The third-to-last sub-folder is a photocopy of a notebook with "3 Column" on the cover and the word "Station..." underneath. Click on it. Scroll to page 27 of 41.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...09fMVhZMVROQUk

It is sideways, but near the bottom of the page is an entry for "1/2/02 DOKKEN 7709." The show grossed $16,736. $520 was spent to pay employees The alcohol cost $1,987 and the band was paid $6,000. In the column that is usually labelled "People" is the number 558.

qulevergrrl Guest
    So people were moving in and out? I was in a band for 5 years. In southern California, everyone has been in a band, it's like a joke...I've NEVER seen pyrotechnics used indoors. I think I'd freak and split right then. I had a nightmare about this last night.

Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    So people were moving in and out? I was in a band for 5 years. In southern California, everyone has been in a band, it's like a joke...I've NEVER seen pyrotechnics used indoors. I think I'd freak and split right then. I had a nightmare about this last night.
    Being in the theatre I can say that I see pyros used often, but NEVER in a space this small. I don't know how anyone thought that was a good idea.

I agree ^^^

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears that survivor Robin Tanzi has passed away. It's been a few weeks since I did any Station research, but recently I had the inclination to research a random survivor and that person was Robin Tanzi. Just now, I researched her and found that she passed on 5/16/15 due to cancer.

luckyinlove Guest
    Wasn't there another person with that last name there as well? Adam maybe?

54. 07-21-2015, 04:45 AM

qulevergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    Being in the theatre I can say that I see pyros used often, but NEVER in a space this small. I don't know how anyone thought that was a good idea.
    That is crazy. I'm not challenging you at all, I'm simply saying I haven't seen it. I guess I've seen special effects, but when I think of pyrotechnics, I think of whet is in that video. I've never seen ANYTHING close to that in a theatre with all of the heavy drapery, or in a club with the audience right there in your face. I mean, that seems crazy. Our music was garage. We played with a lot of different types, but never metal. So you guys are in Cali and have seen this type of stuff here? I just thought it was crazy because California is so litigious. Like I said, curious, not challenging.

56. 07-23-2015, 07:03 AM