Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11181920212229 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 2148

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

Quote Originally Posted by boywon36m View Post
    I found a very clear picture of the front door pile up Thought It might help id people
    https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress...e320.jpg?w=320
    you will need to download the picture to zoom in
    Thanks! I agree, this is one of the clearer versions of this picture I have seen.

It's funny, out of all the ID work done in this forum over the years, I don't think we've IDed many people visually who were in the front door pileup. One who comes to mind is survivor Adam Tanzi, who is apparently the guy in the very bottom right of this photo. One who has intrigued me for years is the guy in the star shirt right above Adam. It is likely he was pulled out, since so much of his body was already sticking out of the pileup. I wonder who he is.

That looks like what is called the tree of life, it is also part of Wiccan beliefs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RodentLady View Post
    Lovely photos, Commander Amander. Thank You for sharing! The park looks less like a mini golf course now. But it still looks like a Masonic ritual: First, visitors must pass through the twin pillars of Mercy and Severity.

Do you know what the symbols are on the markers for the women who do not have pictures? I've watched a few video tours on youtube, but I can't make out what they are. For example, here is Rachael's marker in the background of this pic from one of the newspapers:
    RodentLady, I looked right at Rachael's marker and couldn't tell you what was there in lieu of her photo. I will have to research that!

Hi everyone! I know this thread isn't as busy as it used to be, but I have learned so much from this and the other one. I was in the 10th grade when this happened and I feel terrible that I never heard of the Station Fire until this year. I don't know how I couldn't know about something this big and horrific until this year. I really appreciate all the questions and answers I've read up here from everyone. A lot of you have put so much into this and it shows. I have become pretty obsessed with this fire since I heard about it and like so many others, I just want to know everything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by alpowers7 View Post
    Hi everyone! I know this thread isn't as busy as it used to be, but I have learned so much from this and the other one. I was in the 10th grade when this happened and I feel terrible that I never heard of the Station Fire until this year. I don't know how I couldn't know about something this big and horrific until this year. I really appreciate all the questions and answers I've read up here from everyone. A lot of you have put so much into this and it shows. I have become pretty obsessed with this fire since I heard about it and like so many others, I just want to know everything about it.
    Welcome Al! Thanks for joining those of us who share a passionate interest in this fire. By your username, are you any relation to Eric Powers, GW's drummer that fateful night?

Thank you sir! I am not related to Eric we just have the same surname! I have been busy reading the documents you posted on Google Drive along with watching the videos. I’m sure you’ve heard this several times but thanks for posting it. I have learned so much more from what’s up there. Crazy this happened almost 15 years ago and there are still so many unanswered questions. It’s hard to watch but I watched the before station video and the fire itself several times. Unreal that in a span of 6-7 minutes, 96 people died in such a horrific way.

Wow they really did a great job with the memorial!

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Dawg View Post
    I've listened (professionally) to probably 200 cockpit voice recorders of aircraft that end up crashing.

Mistakes are made.

Many times as the accident is progressing the pilots revert to "muscle memory" and do things that have been ingrained even though that "muscle memory" ends up killing 1-500 people.

The pilots (who survive) I talk with after a crash sometimes are amazed at their own reactions and decisions during the time of extreme stress.

"There but for the Grace of God go I" is a common mantra amongst most pilots.

Maybe many of us here have been in a catastrophe where without proper training the vision tunnels on you... your mind goes numb.

It takes training and the ability when your airplane is falling apart around you to stop for 2-3 seconds before reacting and assess exactly what is going on.

Without training the mind reverts to what it knows.

In this case it was "only the band can go out this door".

It's sad but Scott was an untrained person thrust into a split-second life and death decision.

He made the wrong choice. As many of us are capable of doing.

After seeing my fair share of shredded airplanes and horror you can only imagine I realize that we are human.

We make mistakes.

I know what I write goes against the popular voice of this forum but I know of what I speak.

The phone rings and I head off to investigate more destruction.
    while i may not like it, i understand and resoect where you are coming from. ive somewhat experienced a similar experience - not about fire, but about other situations especially recent.

you can PM if u like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rail Dawg View Post
    People are never charged under these circumstances for the very reasons I tried to explain.

The next time you are faced with a horrific situation you'll understand tunnel vision and a loss of situational awareness.

Again it takes training to step back and make the right decisions.
    i totally get what you are saying. i was literally dying daily and saw it, but couldn't fathom that i was, until it literally was in front of my eyes in a sad way which inxluded 5 blood transfusions in 36 hours and now facing surgery to save my life.

craziest part? my family could see it...i was physically experiencing it but still couldnt see it...if u dont mind...even if u dont know me...pls pray for a good outcome.

as i wish we could have prayed saved the Station sufferers and victims...as i wish we could the Station and Santika, Summerland or Stardust, etc and Omayra Sanchez and Perm nightclub, etc...i want to save everybody...if i could ❤❤❤
    Last edited by bustakita; 12-20-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Today is the 15th anniversary of the Station Fire. Let us never forget, and use what we learned to prevent it from happening again. And may the families of the victims and survivors know peace.

Remembering these angels today.
    "When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself."
    -Anonymous

Remembering them today.

Has anyone ever stumbled on the fact that pyro was planned for the last song as well? At least a club can't burn down twice.

I met "Brandon!!" on the 15th Anniversary. And that great yeller, his uncle, Dave Fravala. Great, great guys.

Quote Originally Posted by billoween View Post
    Has anyone ever stumbled on the fact that pyro was planned for the last song as well? At least a club can't burn down twice.
    Welcome Bill! Yes indeed, pyro was part of the show at multiple times. At one point at previous shows pyro came out of Jack Russell's mike stand while he twirled it around.

For an eerie look at a complete show from Great White's 2003 tour, recorded just 2 weeks before the Station Fire, see this link to a video on the Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...E9EbU9Td081Tlk

There have been a number of newspaper stories to commemorate the 15th anniversary. Here are links to a couple, and there are several more at the Providence Journal website.

http://www.providencejournal.com/new...-their-stories

http://www.providencejournal.com/new...ster-isnt-over

I'm very grateful for the links, Dionyzus. As a longtime lurker I've admired you as one of the chief information officers here, if not thee C.I.O. I'm lucky enough to live within hours of West Warwick, and I've become a monthly visitor to the awful/now beautiful site. I try to spend half-days there, and have had the good fortune of hours of discussions with survivors and victims' families. Many of them are not aware of many now well-established facts of the night. Some don't want to know yet. Some are only ready now. This forum has empowered me to pass on much to those who thirst for it.
    Thomas Barnett (D) saved the lives of 2 best friends and his girlfriend. How? Two minutes before "Desert Moon" he gave his friend, Dave Fravala, a joint because he knew they all liked an occasional puff. They had just gotten outside when all hell broke loose. So they turned and became witnessing rescuers.
    Last edited by billoween; 02-28-2018 at 12:56 PM. Reason: incomplete

I'm very grateful for the links, Dionyzus.
    Thanks Bill. I'm always glad to hear that people are still going there in person to pay tribute and, if they are brave enough, to ask survivors to tell their stories. It's on my bucket list to go see the memorial now that it's a reality.

Well, try and go on May 20th. That is the big day this year. Who you will meet will blow your mind, considering the time & curiosity you've brought to this project. And all your efforts will make more sense than you can imagine.

Okay, back to the details: 1.) on BB footage, a split-second before the first pile-up shot, isn't that possibly the planter (lying there on the cement) that Greg Dufour threw through an atrium window? Georgette Giroux-Brown mentions his act in her witness statement, and she reports getting out that way.
    2.) Did Rob Feeney get out of the atrium thanks to BB's panel or was it via Brian O'Donnell's earlier persistence at kicking out that odd atrium window that faced the stairs, i.e. the one that ran north-south? 3.) I go to Foxwoods on occasion, and many folks there remember William Long dealing black jack.

Wearing compression gloves.

Welcome, billoween!!

Do keep us updated, thank you! I never hear anything these days and none of my RI relatives want to know, so I'm hungry for any scraps I can get.

Has anything ever been done about the tile on the memorial wall stating that only 355 people were in the club? I sent two e-mails about the mistake last year, but never received a response. Mistakes happen, in this case no dire consequences. But I find it disrespectful to let the other 104 continue to go unacknowledged.

In October, I suddenly had the thought that I would like to lay my eyes on Jack Russell in person some day. Not in judgement, just in abject curiosity. I figured he probably still lives here in So Cal, so I looked to see if he was playing any L.A. shows. He was, at the Whisky A Go Go, just before New Year's. I kept it in mind. As the date approached, I had something extremely positive going on in my life. I decided that I didn't want to invite the chaos of a 'world stage person' into my energy field, so I didn't go. But I think I still might in the future.

Thanks RL-you donâ??t know how thankful I am that you and everyone else here are always pushing for the real facts, not the fake or sloppy facts.
    There was an excellent piece in The New Yorker magazine about crowd control back in the 1-30-2011 issue. It was titled â??Crush Pointâ? and was written by John Seabrook. Very relevant to completists on this thread, which seems like everyone. On-line availability.
    Also: One of the youtube versions of the fire has fantastic sound, for sure. Itâ??s one of the ones featuring a screen shot of the college radio van. Maybe good ear phones donâ??t hurt, either. A second before â??Whereâ??s My Husband!â? I can hear a woman saying (apparently to BB), â??Fuckinâ?? get your table...â? To which Butler replies something I canâ??t quite make out. And remember, BB did report moving a small table that he believed might obstruct escapees.
    Last edited by billoween; 03-30-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Need help finding part #1againâ??anyone?
    Last edited by billoween; 03-16-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Need help finding part 1 again-anyone?
    Here's how I open the original thread:
    Do an Advanced Search for Nightclub and search Titles Only. Both threads will come up.

RL, I also was curious about seeing GW live, so I saw them at a festival last year. It was actually Mark Kendall's version of GW with a different singer. I got the chills when they played Desert Moon. I didnt meet him, but Kendall is the first Station survivor I can say I've seen in person.

Hey Dion, that works well. Appreciate it. Reviewing now and then to check facts and to try not to repeat.

I know things are quiet here these days, but that won't stop me from bringing up a few more odds and ends.

1.) In "Killer Show," who the heck is the guy inside the atrium window in the first color photo in the book? It's the one of The Station, sitting there all innocent, in better days. The photo was taken by the muralist, Anthony Baldino, of his own work on that building. But if you get a magnifying glass and look, it's like---"Hello Dere!" I guess the main reason it interests me is that it helps show the window I've mentioned in recent posts, the one that faces the steps and runs north-south.

2.) I recently mentioned Dave Fravala and all his loud searching for Brandon. Well, Brandon couldn't be found by Uncle Dave, because he was at the bottom of the damn pile-up and hidden by the Bud banner across the front railing. He says he wasn't aware of his Uncle's shouts at all, what with all that deafening chaos. Well, I've seen the video plenty Brandon, and I totally get it. (You can see him in some doorway shots. Left and below Adam Tanzi and straight left of Gina Gauvin's big mop of curly red hair. He's reaching out to grip the railing, because, he says, he felt himself being pulled backwards by people trying to climb over him. He has a full brown/blonde beard.)
    Last edited by billoween; 03-16-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Hi all Does anyone have the collection of photos taken in the months/years before the nightclub fire? I'm just curious; I haven't seen 'em in years. However, I was unable to find the photos after sifting through 40+ pages of content. I figure one of you has them saved (or at least a better idea of where to look). Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by RememberTheStation View Post
    Hi all Does anyone have the collection of photos taken in the months/years before the nightclub fire? I'm just curious; I haven't seen 'em in years. However, I was unable to find the photos after sifting through 40+ pages of content. I figure one of you has them saved (or at least a better idea of where to look). Cheers
    Not sure if this is what you wanted, but here are some photos of the Station before the fire: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...kJma3Z4TUFLalE

1.) In "Killer Show," who the heck is the guy inside the atrium window in the first color photo in the book? It's the one of The Station, sitting there all innocent, in better days. The photo was taken by the muralist, Anthony Baldino, of his own work on that building. But if you get a magnifying glass and look, it's like---"Hello Dere!" I guess the main reason it interests me is that it helps show the window I've mentioned in recent posts, the one that faces the steps and runs north-south.
    I have that book. The photo's resolution is so poor that I can't make out what that is. It does look like it could be someone standing there, but could also be random reflections/matrixing. Conclusion: No idea.

I found so many interesting photos in that collection! This might be old news, but I was shocked to discover that Davidson took two additional, albeit blurry, photos of the fire's origins. We've all seen the first four, thanks to Killer Show and the related website. Number 5 shows Russell trying to extinguish the right-most column of fire with his water bottle, and the sixth pic shows the remaining band members exiting the stage as Davidson begins to make his escape toward the atrium. People seem to be moving steadily out the side entrance at this point; I don't see any evidence of bouncers blocking the side door, but by this point it's possible that they had already run out. The sixth photo is probably in line with the Rader photograph as well as the start of the fire alarm.

EDIT: I take what I say back. You can see a blurred image of Viera (sp?) in the 6th photo and he seems to be blocking the exit. Or not? Hard to say. See for yourself.

https://i.imgur.com/Q1yTKY1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/DrxkYLJ.jpg
    Last edited by RememberTheStation; 03-13-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Sorry for the double post, but I just marked up the last photo. You judge for yourself.

https://i.imgur.com/dS2gmtp.jpg

I also put the whole thing together with time estimates. Those estimates are probably off.

https://i.imgur.com/wj9OZgH.jpg
    Last edited by RememberTheStation; 03-14-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Isn't that Gina Russo, standing to the side "Confirmed Victim?" Yeah that is Scott the Prick and he is blocking the exit.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's her. This picture and the one preceding it haven't been released in any of the official sources, but I'm sure the attorneys etc saw them. I found 'em deep in that google drive folder.

Give me a moment and I'll look in my book I have of Gina's Called out of the Ashes. I can't find it the page it's on but she says the picture of the hand with the sweater standing near Scott and pointing that is her telling him to let them out, I do think that is her.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 03-14-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Killer Show confirms that hand to be Donna C., who pointed to that door before her family rushed the bouncers and forced their way out. My guess is that is what is going on in Photo 5. In Photo 6, the lady on the far right is probably either Gina or Donna M. Both were blocked from using that exit by Vieira (allegedly)...and that's certainly one interpretation of the photo. By that point, people had maybe 15 more seconds to exit that door without injury.

Also, Vieira allegedly went into the band room to grab some bottles of water...but he's in every photo.

Honestly, these photos don't really prove anything when stitched together like this. But I do see some things that could support the victims' claims. And why would they lie about something like this? I know people lied about Brian Butler blocking egress, mostly to try and accumulate extra money for the victims (and I don't really have a major issue with that since it came out of the pocket of a rich media corporation and not Butler) but yeah...people wouldn't attack the bouncers personally like this unless they did something wrong, even if it was in the first 30 seconds.
    Last edited by RememberTheStation; 03-14-2018 at 05:36 PM. Reason: 'm su

There have been found to be inaccurate things in Killer Show, I'll believe Gina before I will Killer Show.

In her witness statement, Mrs. Cormier said it was her hand in Davidson's photo.

Then the feminine figure on the left of the 6th photo is most likely Gina, with Scott turning around and telling her she has to go out the main exit. Hmm.

35. 03-16-2018, 10:03 PM

In her witness statement, Mrs. Cormier said it was her hand in Davidson's photo.
    You're right RL, good find. I wonder who the man is next to her hand, who is wearing a hat/cap. My guess it's either her husband Bruce who is about to accost Scott V., or her stepson Tim.

Great timeline photos RememberTheStation! I think your times are pretty accurate. It shows how little time it took for the fire to grow out of control.

Speaking of photos, I found another good one in Davidson's set. It was taken during Trip's set that night and is a good view of the drummer's alcove. The drummer is completely surrounded by the egg crate foam: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1F...ew?usp=sharing

Finally, I've been reading some more witness statements lately. Bill Long said in a newspaper story (saved as part of his witness statement) that he snapped a picture after the fire had started. But I've looked and I don't see it in the photos section of Phase 4. That would be an interesting picture to see for sure.

Hi all--

Yeah, that was a nicely done sequence, Remember T. S. And analysis, too. I had to right away check to see how Davidson himself got out. (Stage door; he ranked, I guess, or else it was so very last second that the two assholes had abandoned ship to save themselves.)

And you, Dion.....you did some digging, as well.

Random thoughts (my specialty): 1.) The ironies and coincidences of 2/20/03 never cease to amaze me. Had totally forgotten this one until browsing recently: Pam Gruttadauria's cousin worked for American Foam and actually delivered the flammable foam sheets to the station three years earlier. That one really stings.
    2.) Most of us might agree that Barylick's #1 mistake was in placing Dina DeMaio in the horseshoe bar. Right? But there in the club diagram--just before chapter one--he has it as "Choquette" over this same bar. Wait....what?? Did the diagrammer slip one by him? (I have to say, I'm mostly a big admirer of Barylick's work. Where would we be without him? Several of the survivors tell me that they own the book themselves.)

Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    Welcome Bill! Yes indeed, pyro was part of the show at multiple times. At one point at previous shows pyro came out of Jack Russell's mike stand while he twirled it around.

For an eerie look at a complete show from Great White's 2003 tour, recorded just 2 weeks before the Station Fire, see this link to a video on the Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...E9EbU9Td081Tlk

There have been a number of newspaper stories to commemorate the 15th anniversary. Here are links to a couple, and there are several more at the Providence Journal website.

http://www.providencejournal.com/new...-their-stories

http://www.providencejournal.com/new...ster-isnt-over
    There was Pyro at the show one week earlier in Allentown, PA on 2/13/03. In retrospect, that show was eerie because I had the experience of how the show in RI would have went had there not been the fire.

Is anyone aware of any survivor deaths within the past 2-3 years? The latest that I'm aware of is Robin Tanzi in 2015.
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 03-22-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Hi all--

Excuse me if this has already been mentioned, but I'm 90% sure that the woman leaving the club behind BB (the gal who takes a serious pit stop to the right) is Charlene Prudhomme. Her husband is Al Prudhomme, Fathead's drummer and you can see the both of them in earlier still shots. Her clothing (blouse) is the same in both. And since she's separated from Al briefly, she could be Mrs. "Where's My Husband!!" (Google Drive photos: MDKM 002.jpg & Linda Ormerod 003.jpg)

And in a return to irony patrol: there was a strict ban on confetti machines at The Station--deemed too messy.

Yeah, it's quiet now, but i'm waiting for someone to mention the Mall fire in Russia/Siberia. Best to all......
    Last edited by billoween; 04-01-2018 at 01:21 AM.

Hey, do pool tables lined-up lengthwise against atrium windows really count as â??removed?â? (As was required for any larger capacity crowds.). Seems like theyâ??ve just been moved. And to a lousy, shitty location.

Irony Patrol: Wait....like thereâ??s not already a million micro stories happening at once that night. But this too?: the guy whoâ??s an inch away from purchasing the Station is there to check it out in its full operational gloryâ??THAT night? And he liked what he saw, Barylick seems to imply. But, then again, the guy left at 10:35. The next day he changed his mind, I bet. Wonder if he found another club to buy or if the thrill was gone....

41. 03-31-2018, 08:16 PM

Hi all--

Excuse me if this has already been mentioned, but I'm 90% sure that the woman leaving the club behind BB (the gal who takes a serious pit stop to the right) is Charlene Prudhomme. Her husband is Al Prudhomme, Fathead's drummer and you can see the both of them in earlier still shots. Her clothing (blouse) is the same in both. And since she's separated from Al briefly, she could be Mrs. "Where's My Husband!!" (Google Drive photos: MDKM 002.jpg & Linda Ormerod 003.jpg)
    Good catch Bill. I agree with Frank, it is likely that is Charlene both in the photos you cited and in the Butler video. In those photos, she is at the front of the stage about as close as you can get to the drummer, her husband Al.

I rewatched the video and read the section of Killer Show that describes her stopping in the front hallway to hold open the doors. Based the video, it does appear that she was diverting to the side in order to grab the door. Still, it seems like an odd thing to do when you're almost outside. If it was her screaming where's my husband, I wonder if she started screaming at a high pitch when the pileup started at the door?

I hope we start doing more IDs from the video again. That was one of my favorite things about this forum when it was more active! Want to post any of yours, Frank?

43. 04-04-2018, 08:37 PM

44. 04-04-2018, 08:43 PM

Headbanging guy in pre-fire video with light blue hat (Todd Alden Mills). He was there with this guy (Vinicio Quiroa), whom I believe can also be seen in the video with headbanging guy: At 1:57 in the pre-fire video, they simultaneously turn around to look at the camera.
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 04-08-2018 at 08:02 AM.

46. 04-08-2018, 08:55 PM

Cool Frank, good work! I've been having trouble posting images lately too. How did you get yours to post?

I was recommended to use www.postimg.org. It worked for me! It looks like most of our previously-posted pics are now gone. WTF?
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 04-09-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Good sleuthing Frank...I think you put those two ID's in the "permanent" category. And you figured out the photo postings, which I never have. Anyway, now you're working above your pay scale.

Glad the Charlene P. ID seems to have passed muster. We know that if she was the Where's-My-Husband? gal, she was right to sound worried; the Davidson shots show him, Al Prudhomme, to be in a risky spot there up front. Of course he, though, had stage door "privileges."

Jeff Rader's last cigarette of his life is incredibly poignant. As a social smoker, I'd guess he's about 2-3 minutes into the thing, judging from the length. So, in the crazy timeline of Jeff Rader, when did he ever light up? And how did he not spill his drink or drop his coat? I guess the ultimate cool move would have been for him to light it up off the flaming foam. Just kidding, Jeff.

Walter Castle had an interesting 6 minutes. In the pre-show, he's the tall smiley guy behind the blue-jacketed Conat sister; he reminds me a little of The Office's John Krasinski. He's ID-ed himself in several newspaper articles and witness statements. Now, ever wonder why BB has such a long clear view when he peers in from the stage door--I mean where's the notorious inward-opening door? Apparently, at least according to Castle, he was in such a fight for his life, he wrestled the door off its hinges. At least it doesn't appear to automatically spring shut anymore. Still, the poor guy got 3rd degree burns throughout his respiratory tract. And he lost 25 friends. And he's still plagued by nightmares. (Here's where LLC would have added a frown face--Right, Dion?)

I never attempted to ID that red-haired woman about to exit, but looking at pictures of Charlene Prudhomme, that does appear to be her. Where else have you seen her in the video(s)? That picture of Jeff Rader speaks volumes. I can just imagine him being like "all you guys are panicking over nothing. Watch how long I can stand to be in here. Watch how tough I am". If you research fires with mass casualties, you'll realize that many died while still seated; some still holding drinks. So, it's perfectly ok one second; the next moment - you're dead. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that picture of Jeff Rader showcases the arrogance in a dire situation like this. Toxic fumes were being produced while oxygen was quickly being depleted. Get out!

I have pictures of about 220 survivors. I feel certain I've IDed most of the survivors that you see up-close.

First, good post Bill, I reread Walter Castle's witness statements. He did have quite an experience for the short time he was inside. From his description, he was surely the last survivor to make it out the stage door. By the time he got there, it was mostly obscured by smoke with flames coming through the smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    I never attempted to ID that red-haired woman about to exit, but looking at pictures of Charlene Prudhomme, that does appear to be her. Where else have you seen her in the video(s)?
    Frank, Bill IDed Charlene P in a couple of pics from the Google drive, not from elsewhere in the video.

That picture of Jeff Rader speaks volumes.
    The Jeff Rader pic is haunting to me. To me it speaks of complacency. He can't fathom that his life is in imminent danger. As is pointed out in Killer Show, most people have experience standing in front of a fireplace not feeling any danger whatsoever. This book taught me that a building fire is a completely different animal!

I have pictures of about 220 survivors. I feel certain I've IDed most of the survivors that you see up-close.
    Frank, do you have an ID on the guy in the star shirt stuck on the right side of the front doorway?
    Last edited by dionyzus; 04-10-2018 at 12:21 AM.

52. 04-10-2018, 07:47 AM

Reason
    Spam

I was vetting comments on youtube yesterday when this thumbnail appeared as a suggestion. It's a recent radio interview with survivor Al Prudhomme (Now called "Aly" ?!) He was FatHead's drummer. He uses the phrase "balls of fire" to describe people who escaped, but were engulfed.
    Bloody hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl1MiH_ky1I

13:47- "It was like standing in front of a sun. And you could feel, like, whatever hair you had on your face it felt it was melting. So, even at that point and walking away from the door and seeing what looked like stuntmen, fireballs running and people screaming, 'I have no fingers,' and holding up their hands and it being skeletons."
    Last edited by RodentLady; 04-12-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Dionyzus,

I'm still unable to ID the star shirt guy. It looks like image-posting went to 5h!+ again... I believe the "Timmy, come here" guy (after "watch out for this hose") is Bruce Cormier. After all, he was there with his son, Timothy Cormier. I have pics of both.

Do we need to start a FB page or something, because this site is not image-friendly?
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 04-13-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Frank, I remember one of the past FAD detectives (Someone like LLC or Mammy, that era) ID'ing him as Robert Riffe. I searched for a few minutes and couldn't find it, though.

Frank, I remember one of the past FAD detectives (Someone like LLC or Mammy, that era) ID'ing him as Robert Riffe. I searched for a few minutes and couldn't find it, though.
    Which guy is supposedly Robert Riffe? I didn't see anyone resembling him. The guy pointing across the camera to someone saying "Timmy, come here", to me, resembles Bruce Cormier. I'm guessing he's calling to his son, Tim Cormier (guy in black leather jacket coming towards camera, raising his arms and going to the left?), to go do something.