Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casey Kasem

Casey Kasem

Casey has left the building. Let's get ready to ruuummmbbbllllle.

Radio Legend Dead at 82

Casey Kasem -- the original voice of the American Top 40 countdown -- died Sunday morning ... TMZ has confirmed.

His daughter Kerri said on Facebook this morning ... her dad was surrounded by family and friends. adding, "Even though we know he is in a better place and no longer suffering, we are heartbroken."
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

ajlposh Guest

RIP....you made a lot of people happy throughout the years.....And I do mean rest in peace.....I have a feeling the battle royale is about to start
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Wendy A. Guest
    RIP Sir, I spent every Saturday with you watching the Top 10, and every Sunday listening to the Top 40 as a kid.

May he rest in peace.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Glad he is not suffering any more and I hope he is able to RIP. I have fond memories of listening to him on American Top 40.

desertangel Guest
    RIP Mr. Kasem. Thanks for bringing the hits to millions every week for decades. Music truly soothes the soul, so that makes him an angel to me. I will never forget the jingle and how I looked forward to his show. "A-meri-can top For-ty!!"

That he passed on Father's Day is a bit spookey in light of things. My stepmother passed on this day seven years ago. I felt that was chilling too, given that particular backstory. These kinds of things play a part in my facination with death.

Forever-27 Guest
    He was also the voice of Shaggy on the Scooby doo cartoons of the 60s and 70s. In the early 1980s he voiced Robin on the Saturday morning cartoon " The Superfriends "

The 80's encompassed my teenage years. Many a boring Saturday stuck out at our acreage - I filled the time listening with great anticipation to the American Top 40. I loved his voice. Once of a kind. Glad he is free from his pain. May he Rest In Peace.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

desertangel Guest
    P.S. he not only had a great voice, but he brought a lot to the show... warmth, humor, the human touch and enlightening tidbits of information about the songs and artists. I still listen to the syndicated shows on weekends when I'm in the basement grooming my dog. Remembering associated times and events...

Rip Casey.
    Hurry back...hurry back...don't forget to bring your....death certificate!! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RIP Casey. Sad that he died but I too believe it will be an ugly fight over his money.

navallint Guest
    RIP Casey. You made my week ends a little brighter many years ago.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Awww....another bit of youth toppled.

RIP

I am glad his body is out of pain and his soul is released to his reward. I have always believed that the soul is tied to the body as long as it functions. R.I.P. Mr. DJ.

Thanks for making my childhood a little more bearable, dude. Consider that my long (very long) distance dedication.
    Rest easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    RIP Sir, I spent every Saturday with you watching the Top 10, and every Sunday listening to the Top 40 as a kid.
    Me, too. He was part of my life every weekend when I was younger. It's sad that his family can't act right. I feel like it's going to get very messy.

Now for the fireworks... Lets see how long it takes for him to be put in the ground.

Funny thing is that this was never over money - it is my understanding the "kids" knew they were not included in the will long ago - this was about principle and last wishes. I can see both sides - I really can and I feel for both.
    There is always three sides to every story...

Either way I bet him and Dick are doing the twist right about now.
    My Posse's On Broadway

FannyB1923 Guest
    There's an article up at TMZ today that the body has been "released" to Jean and that he requested burial. I hope they have a funeral- too many notables lately not even getting a memorial. Remember Dick Clark? (yeah, what funeral?) He really loved his kids and was crazy about his wife too- all the fighting would have made him very sad.

rest in peace, Sir.
    American Top 40, such memories
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Saw this one coming but was hoping it wouldn't happen. I also used to listen to his top 40 countdown. RIP.

dcg76 Guest
    RIP Casey. Play a song for snuggles.

musicfanatic Guest
    I knew this was coming the way his family was in the news, because often families get weird when the end is near. I grew up listening to American Top 40 on Sunday and watching Top 10 show on Saturday. Why aren't his kids in the will? I remember his wife from Cheers and she always struck me as the gold digger type but I could be wrong.

Giada Guest
    Unfortunate Kerri Kasem continues the Scientology practice of, "fair gaming," attacking anyone who would threaten her financial contribution to Scientology.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-daughter.html

Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    Unfortunate Kerri Kasem continues the Scientology practice of, "fair gaming," attacking anyone who would threaten her financial contribution to Scientology.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-daughter.html
    Jean is a real BITCH

Loved listening to Casey Kasem in the early 1980's counting down the top ten on t.v. Loved him as the voice of Shaggy on "Scooby Doo." I think that we should have a Scooby Doo marathon.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    Loved listening to Casey Kasem in the early 1980's counting down the top ten on t.v. Loved him as the voice of Shaggy on "Scooby Doo." I think that we should have a Scooby Doo marathon.
    I'm sitting here right now with a Scooby Doo blanket across my lap. I guess that's my tribute without even thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    That's a good idea. There are probably lots of his old clips from all his shows on youtube too.

I always loved listening to him.

Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars.

RIP sir.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

desertangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post

Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars.
    and I always loved hearing that quote... good words, truly.

Mammy Guest
    He had such a pleasant, soothing voice.

Casey's countdown shows were very cool. I enjoyed them !! One big reason was that it was..well just that a countdown. None of the gossip, flashy this and flashy that or even opinions of the music that was played such as the one countdown show I can remember back in the 80's where the host would say such stuff as "..this song should've been number one " or "....at number 5 despite being not one Paul McCartney's greatest tunes here is....." Casey didn't do that.

OK with that being said in his later years I could tell that Casey Kasem was getting bored with doing American Top 40 and the other countdown show he was doing for the more adult stations ( talking light rock/adult contemporary ) but then again it happens with so many other radio folks like the talk show host I used to work with. Back in the day he was great however by the time I had worked with him he was well in his 70's and had been doing radio for 50+ years and unfortunately his lack of passion for the job had showed on the air.

Birthplace of the Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Dear Mr Kasem, thank you for being linked to most of my happy memories during the 80's, yes you were big down here in new zealand too, i hope that finally, you get the rest you deserve and are finally at peace

your voice, whether it was on the radio or on my beloved scooby doo series, reminds me of my carefree and happy days, your voice a soothing balm on dark nights

thank you my friend, Počivao u miru
    I love you and miss you dad, Antun Perdija 27-06-41 - 28-12-00
    RIP Daniel Colvin 5 June 1974 - 7 June 2011, Best Friend, lover, fiancee

RIP David Edgar, 2 Dec 1953 - 10 June 2011, Uncle
    RIP Agnes Steele Edgar, 17 May 1926 - 4 July 2011, Grandmother

gas_chick Guest
    RIP Casey. I miss Sundays, laying on my bed listening and recording the Top 40 on cassette no less.

I grew up with his show. I used to love listening to the music and his talking. RIP Sir

I had Casey Kasem on my 2014 death pool. Let's see who I have killed so far: Sid Ceasar, Mickey Rooney, Russell Johnson, and Casey Kasem. I almost placed Ann B. Davis on it, but I just couldn't bear killing her off. Actually, I like all of the people above, but I'm not overly fond of Mickey Rooney. I liked everyone else.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

RIP Casey Kasem. Our local oldies station has been running his AT40's all weekend. Love that man's voice. I read in an article that when the Challenger exploded he did a "long distance dedication" to them and played Come Sail Away by Styx.
    He was a class act.
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    RIP Casey. I miss Sundays, laying on my bed listening and recording the Top 40 on cassette no less.
    yes!!!!!!!
    SO many times I sat there with my finger hovering over the 'record' button to get the song I wanted right from the first or second note LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    yes!!!!!!!
    SO many times I sat there with my finger hovering over the 'record' button to get the song I wanted right from the first or second note LOL
    Me, too, and I would get so mad when the radio DJ would talk over the end of the songs!

endsleigh03 Guest
    He hasn't been buried yet according to his daughter.

http://gma.yahoo.com/casey-kasem-not...lebrities.html

To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

navallint Guest
    That Jean is a sorry mess. Could this be considered an unclaimed body after so long, and his kids claim him for burial?

What in the hell is she waiting for?
    My Posse's On Broadway

Looks like someone ::cough::Jean::cough:: might've taken Casey on a little trip

navallint Guest
    ewwww. hope she has at least has him refrigerated!!

I think we have passed the point of weirdness on this one folks....where in the hell can she store a body?
    March 1934-July 2016

His body is missing? What the heck did she do with him?

Ehhh.... so maybe she had him transferred to another mortuary somewhere? I can't nor do I want to imagine any other possibilities.....
    Last edited by theladyinquestion; 07-18-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Giada Guest
    Bet's on, the will supports her action and not that of the sycophantic scientologist daughter.