Thread: DJ E-Z Rock, 46

awww enjoyed his music greatly in high school, still have a couple of their songs on my ipod. RIP sir and thanks for the great memories

I don't care much for rap or hip-hop music, but I do like that song. That and "Push It" by Salt N Pepa. There was some decent hip-hop music back then in the late 80's. Now...not so much!

Wow - that's crazy - I still have "It Takes Two" on a 45! I wonder what the COD is gonna be. Hopefully they will share...
    My Posse's On Broadway

desertangel Guest
    RIP, man... that's too bad. I LOVED that song back I the day. The DJ would throw it on the spinner and the whole club would clamber for the dance floor. It was da best bump 'n grind song evah, got me lotsa digits wid dat one.

Ain't that a bitch? I wonder if he was sick. That song is a classic.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

lisalouver Guest
    Heard this news and was super bummed.

He was my age and this takes me right back to my youth and being in The Navy.

That song brought hip hop in pop.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I don't care much for rap or hip-hop music, but I do like that song. That and "Push It" by Salt N Pepa. There was some decent hip-hop music back then in the late 80's. Now...not so much!
    Same here.....except I use the word hate when discussing rap and Hip Hop, to me the music degrades women, maybe it's just me.....but that is no excuse for any young person to be struck down at such a young age. RIP
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

What music doesn't degrade women??

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    What music doesn't degrade women??
    Some do...not all though. I guess that is why we have a tuning knob on a radio right? As for hip hop and rap....it just seems to take the disrespect to a new level. Then again I don't listen to it as a habit, so maybe the music industry changed and show woman the proper respect and courtesy they deserve. Showing my age I guess. Anyway.....RIP young man.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

No COD yet? What up????
    My Posse's On Broadway

Most likely drug-related and still awaiting the toxicology reports. If it were a "natural" death - like heart attack, disease or whatever - they would have said within a day or two of the death.

jsnerch Guest
    This article says it was diabetes: http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2014/05/r...ock-interview/

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnerch View Post
    Yeah, I heard he had been in the hospital over a month with diabetes complications. Sad.