Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse built around a grave - Nadine Earles

Danny62 Guest

Dollhouse built around a grave - Nadine Earles

That makes me sad- at least she got her dollhouse.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Hmmm...that's different.

Jazbabee Guest
    Wow, made me feel much sadder than I thought it would !

cindysgold Guest
    omg...

scootershort Guest
    it was seeing the tricycle that done me in.

Keyser Soze Guest
    here is some more info on it-
    http://www.diversepower.com/pdf/Dec03.pdf

scroll down, its the last story

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    here is some more info on it-
    http://www.diversepower.com/pdf/Dec03.pdf

scroll down, its the last story
    Okay that is a tear Jerker!!

Thanks for finding that though!!!

cachluv Guest
    This was indeed sadder than I thought it would be.

I saw a special once on Tornado's. A newborn infant had died in one, and upon taking the baby's body to the ER one of the nurses took it into a back room and rocked it for awhile. That made tears pour down my face, when she met the parents and they thanked her for making that time a little better for their baby. I guess I should be happy that with all the gore I can look at and not be (noticably) affected by, kids still make me feel these things

sheri Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    This was indeed sadder than I thought it would be.

I saw a special once on Tornado's. A newborn infant had died in one, and upon taking the baby's body to the ER one of the nurses took it into a back room and rocked it for awhile. That made tears pour down my face, when she met the parents and they thanked her for making that time a little better for their baby. I guess I should be happy that with all the gore I can look at and not be (noticably) affected by, kids still make me feel these things
    I agree. While most of life's ugliness I can handle, it's when it's a child that gets me the most. If it were one of my own kids, I think my family would seriously have to have me for my own good permanently in a straight jacket, round padded room and meds. That's a pain that is unimaginable as a parent having to endure.

tngirl1967 Guest
    There is a dollhouse grave in Medina, TN also. Somewhere on the net is a ghost story that goes along with it, supposedly the little girl was molested and killed and her father built the dollhouse. My husband and I looked all day one day trying to find the cemetery, which is VERY hard to find, and I got a couple pics. Inside were crayon-colored pictures from a child and toys along with the flowers. The little girl has been remembered all these years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	door pic dollhouse.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	2233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	another frontal view.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	2234  

Nowereman Guest
    Sad

djdeath-hag Guest
    As awful as it sounds for me to say it.....the little girl buried in Tennessee's doll house strongly resembles a utitity shed. At least the girl in Alabama got a brick dollhouse which time has been kind to. I doubt that the dollhouse grave in TN will age so gracefully. Nonetheless, thank you, TNgirl1967 for locating the grave & submitting your photos and thanks to Danny also for your submission.

tngirl1967 Guest
    It's really horrible (shabby) looking.....apparently the little girl's family are all dead and gone now too, the community rebuilt this. The original was made of wood and finally rotted and fell in. She died in 1931 and I believe the replacement was built in the 90's. I had gone there to take pictures for another website on TN hauntings. I do a lot of volunteer cemetery photography in the area for various websites and folks and this was one of the saddest, loneliest cemeteries I have visited. Even old OLD cemeteries I have been to in the middle of remote woods have had a more peaceful feeling than this one. It was just sad.

Here's a link to one of the stories
    http://www.ghostvillage.com/encounte...05242006.shtml

There are a bunch of them on the net, but honestly, all I got out of going there was sadness at the state of disrepair in the cemetery.

I wonder if the dollhouse building was a time-period related thing. I have seen graves with "houses" or shelters of varying materials in other cemeteries and I wonder if it was a graveyard fad of sorts.

Kathyf Guest
    Very sad. I bet that building that gave the parents a bit of comfort.

Suzanne30 Guest
    All of these stories are just heartbreaking.

Jaxxx Guest
    I think its heart warming that a parent loves a child so desperately. God bless these children.

You wouldnt want to come home drunk one night and mistake it for the outhouse would you?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

tensecondstolove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    You wouldnt want to come home drunk one night and mistake it for the outhouse would you?
    LOL I hope not.

Very sweet sentiment by the parents though. They must miss her terribly.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

tensecondstolove Guest
    ^I agree but I do think it's slightly creepy. I don't know--maybe that's just me.

cherryghost Guest
    Its an amazing idea really, I wonder if there are Doll House Graves throughout the world!

hoxharding Guest
    There is a grave in Indiana(will try to find it) There is a dollhouse next to the grave.
    The first one-someone has to go in and take care of the toys and dust and clean-right?
    They have to because it would be very easy for spiders,ants and dust to just break everything down and look like the insides of an unused garage.

hoxharding Guest
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...0&GRid=9313680&

Arlington East Hill Cemetery-Rush County Indiana
    Her father built this for her.
    Last edited by hoxharding; 12-11-2007 at 11:24 AM.

ComputerGuy Guest
    What a wonderful tribute to a little girls wishes. Even though a childs death is very troubling, her Daddy made sure she got her doll house. That cemetary a nearby. I'll have to go and get pictures for you all

KristinEileen Guest
    I can't believe that there is more than one instance of this. I think it is wonderful that these parents found a way to honor their children. I don't think that they would have realized that it would be a topic for discussion that would in turn have their children remembered for years and years.

Mamma Guest
    Danny, thank you for this! As a reporter, I have an assignment coming up about unusual crosses/headstones in our area. One of my favorites has been a local, little girls grave with a dollhouse built over it, almost exactly like what you see in the FAG photo. What a coincidence!

~Mamma

Lisamarie Guest
    thanks Danny ! You post the best stuff!!! I did not see the ghost girl, did anyone else??

heaven01uk Guest
    Thats really sad, but sweet aswell that the parents got her what she wanted.

Reecy Guest
    The parents were lucky to find these graves for their little girls. That's kind of hard to do in some other cemetaries where space is an issue. What a wonderful way of remembering them.

Reecy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post

This one really brings tears to my eyes.

monroe27 Guest
    Very sad indeed. I was in tears. Especially at the part in the story where she said " Me want it now". That got me. Her little house is cute.

Danny62 Guest

I didn't see this one yet! Thanks for posting! Man losing a little one!!

I can't imagine the pain, and hope never to!!

They got the doll houses they wanted!!

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Ok, I know these are supposed to be sweet and whatnot. But seriously, URGH. This freaks me the HELL out! I have a weird phobia of dolls as it is, but the dolls of a dead girl over her grave?? No thank you!! Has anyone ever seen the movie ''Dead Silence''? Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr think I'll pass, kthanks!

hoxharding Guest
    I think the one in Indiana has been vandelized before. I don't get people who harm graves. Especially if it is one of a child.
    On the superstitious angle-stealing from a dead child or damaging their grave?

Elizabeth Guest
    There is a grave in Indiana(will try to find it) There is a dollhouse next to the grave.
    The first one-someone has to go in and take care of the toys and dust and clean-right?
    They have to because it would be very easy for spiders,ants and dust to just break everything down and look like the insides of an unused garage.
    Yeah, I don't believe they had Cabbage Patch dolls that long ago....

It sounds like a sweet way to honor a little girl.....

NOVSTORM Guest
    There is an old one in Redwood City Ca. Some from the civil war are burried there. Inthe childrenssection they have cribs built around some graves and it is really a nice well kept up place. I will try to get pics of it.

panda Guest
    I think the one in Indiana has been vandelized before. I don't get people who harm graves. Especially if it is one of a child.
    On the superstitious angle-stealing from a dead child or damaging their grave?
    My mom went to my grandma's grave yesterday & some low life stole the wreath off of it. She said she drove around (its a small cemetary) & tried to find it but no luck. I told her the POS probably took it home & hung it on their door. She only paid $5 for it a Walmart (good thing) why can't the POS cough up $5 & buy their own f***ing wreath! How do people like this sleep at night.

Tebssis Guest

Looks like this one has had someone to maintain it as well as upgrade the inside. I don't think wall to wall carpet was in use 1908. All of these, even the one that looks like a shed are so sweet and loving. Those poor parents.

cachluv Guest
    bump

Shano Guest
    Our daughter died in 1998 2 hours after she was born. We had no clue she was in danger, only that I was very sick. We miss her so much every day.

If the cemetery would have let us we would have done something I am sure. But the baby section where our daughter is buried is so crowded. Space is very limited.

I know that someone said that this is creepy. But you have to understand... when you lose your baby, child, etc. you are only left to "parent" a memory, a love unfulfilled. All you can do is tend their grave and grieve for what will never be. I have seen teddy bears, necklaces, toy trucks, even a birthday cake placed lovingly on children's graves. Please don't ever think that the parents are crazy or this is creepy.... this is all we have... this is all we can do for our children. While I have had two children since we still include our daughter in our lives, by going to her grave and placing flowers, balloons on her birthday, etc. as well has hanging her special ornament on the Christmas tree, and haning her stocking along with the others.

I can't really put into words the ache that the loss of your child places on your soul. Sometimes doing something "for them" is the only way to ease the ache you feel... sometimes that something "for them" is building a doll house.

Shano Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    I'm very sorry Shano (and please note your post popped up AFTER I posted mine. I meant no disrespect at all).
    None taken at all KC! You know if I have had never lost my daughter then who knows I might just think it was strange!

But sometimes all it takes is one parent explaining why and others will understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Okay that is a tear Jerker!!

Thanks for finding that though!!!
    Granted, I'm no computer whiz, but when I tried the link, it was a power company's website.

cachluv Guest
    That was wierd, I got the utility co. also. This link will work:

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM18PZ

I also found this:

Little Nadine's Dollhouse

Little Nadine's Dollhouse is a brick doll house located in the Oakwood Cemetery in Lanett. The dollhouse was built over the grave of 4-year old Nadine Earle who died one week before Christmas in 1935 with the unfulfilled wish of having a playhouse in her backyard. She was fondly remembered as saying, "Me want it now" (which is displayed on the marker).
    Last edited by cachluv; 11-16-2008 at 10:43 PM.

Gorey Guest
    My dad builds miniature dollhouses on the 1'to 1" scale. He's working on mine now that is turning out to be a monster sized dollhouse. These thing are wonderful.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I think it is so COOOOOOLLLLL!!! I want one of these on my grave...I mean REALLY! That is the neatest thing I have ever seen...Alot of cemetaries won't let you do didly...Of course this was done a long time ago and now the world has a great big stick up its arse...Thanks for bumpin this CashLuv...

I having a Primark store built over my grave my kids tell me I spend so much time in there alive I can stay they when I'm dead.

MorbidMolly Guest
    The utter grief coupled with the immense love that went into these is stunning.....excellant thread....missed so many of these.....keep on bumpin Cach

Tracyb24 Guest
    hmm I live in Randolph county which is right beside chambers. If I can talk someone into going with me, I may have to go see this dollhouse up close. very interesting indeed

bunny Guest
    oh how sad..poor little girl...well she is in heaven now with her house