Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Died in the Bathroom?

ST Moron Guest

Who Died in the Bathroom?

Anyone?

I thought I had Lenny Bruce nailed down as a "confirmed," but I can't find proof positive he was actually on the can rather than just "in the bathroom" when he Punted Big.

The same thing seems to apply to Elvis: died in the bathroom...but not necessarily on the can.

So how about it: can anyone come up with some celebrity types who shuffled off this mortal coil whilst "seated."

(Bonus points awarded to anyone who posts to this thread using a laptop.....while seated on the can.)

Man, what a way to leave this earth. Rhinestone underwear around your feet!

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Lupe Velez - IN the can

Lenny Bruce - Was apparently shooting up on the can...and eventually slumped to the floor

Elvis - Common perception is that he was indeed found on the throne

Don Simpson - found expired on the crapper

Gomer Pyle of Full Metal Jacket fame.....hehehe

JeffD Guest

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soundqcar View Post
    Lupe Velez - IN the can

Lenny Bruce - Was apparently shooting up on the can...and eventually slumped to the floor

Speaking of Elvis his cronies said he died reading the bible.

He really died reading some horoscope manual on sex positons!!!

Darrianne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post

ROFL!!!! Y'all just ain't got no respect for The King, do ya??

Guest Guest

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO.......: snorts :

deathybrad Guest
    I didn't realize that Judy Garland was found in, on, or near the crapper. Oh, wait, I'm straight, of course I wouldn't know that...

knothere Guest
    Robert Pastorelli (the painter) from the show murphy brown, I thot he was cute back then.

relander Guest
    Jimbo kicked the bucket in the can.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrianne View Post
    ROFL!!!! Y'all just ain't got no respect for The King, do ya??
    Well he did die on the throne!!!! Being the king and all...

Snoopy Guest
    ROFL...too funny.. I have to say so sad that that is the last place Judy Garland was found and I must say I cracked up when I read the title of this thread!

candleinthewind Guest
    According to THE KING'S people on a tv inteview I watched he had taken his multitude of pills and was on the toilet straining. His meds caused major constipation. He eventually fell off the toilet and was later found with his tongue almost bit off and his pants at his ankles. I think this was th E! THS so I'm sure some of you saw this too. They talked to his cook, his half brother and some of the other folks he kept around.

erin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    Robert Pastorelli (the painter) from the show murphy brown, I thot he was cute back then.
    aw, you stole my dude! oh well, i guess at least he is remembered my more than just me.

GEAUX LSU Guest
    ha ha ha ya'll are too funny....on da chitter.....wtg elvis and liza. to change the subject how do ya'll get your picture on your comments? i am new

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GEAUX LSU View Post
    to change the subject how do ya'll get your picture on your comments? i am new
    If you go up to the top of the page, in the upper left-hand corner you'll see a link that says "User CP" (Control Panel). When you click on that link, you'll see a series of links appear on the left-hand side of the screen: the fifth one from the top says "Edit Avatar."

Click on that link and it will give you options to either browse your own computer for a pic or to stea^^^^^borrow one from a website.

Garry1960 Guest
    I have read that sometimes, a heart attack can feel like you've gotta go choke one out - really bad indigestion. So I'm surprised that more celebrity heart attack victims haven't checked out before they've wiped.

don't_axe_me Guest
    before they've wiped.

LOL!!!!!

MoJo67 Guest
    BUT....Elvis didn't die! (wink wink...just kidding)

MPetro108 Guest
    My understanding is Elvis was reading The Scientific Search for the Face of Jesus... and the guys who spoke on the E special are the same leeches today who can't make a buck unless they involve Elvis somehow.

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry1960 View Post
    I have read that sometimes, a heart attack can feel like you've gotta go choke one out - really bad indigestion.
    Wait, wait: bad indigestion as in a "heartburn-like" feeling (i.e. in the chest)?

Or bad indigestion as in: the Rock of Gibraltar is lodged in your lower colon and desperately needs to re-emerge?

Sorry: your use of the phrase "gotta go choke one out" is confusing me. @_@

Darrianne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    According to THE KING'S people on a tv inteview I watched he had taken his multitude of pills and was on the toilet straining. His meds caused major constipation. He eventually fell off the toilet and was later found with his tongue almost bit off and his pants at his ankles. I think this was th E! THS so I'm sure some of you saw this too. They talked to his cook, his half brother and some of the other folks he kept around.

Yep! I saw that ! Also read quotes very similar in several different books.

mommafreak Guest
    This stuff makes my day, good break material. Need more breaks throughout the day.

HETFIELD Guest
    Funny thing is, if you feel you're having a chest pains/or a panic attack even, you're supposed to try and go to the bathroom. It hits a relaxation nerve "on the way out". Also, try and cough. It may reset your heart. Got that from a nurse.

Bake Guest
    Catherine the Great - Empress of Russia
    1796 --- a stroke, while going to the bathroom.

I got this off another topic!!

JeffD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    I didn't realize that Judy Garland was found in, on, or near the crapper. Oh, wait, I'm straight, of course I wouldn't know that...

From Judy's entry on FAD...

[SIZE=4]In march of 1969, Judy married her fifth husband, Mickey Devinko, better known as Mickey Deans, a gay night-club promoter. Judy had an unfortunate habit of marrying gay men. They lived together in a tiny mews house in Chelsea, London. For a look inside, click here. The evening of Saturday June 21 1969, Judy and Mickey were watching a documentary, The Royal Family, on television, when they had an argument. Judy ran out the door screaming into the street, waking the neighbors. Several versions of what happened next exist, but the fact remains that a phone call for Judy woke him at 10:40 the next morning, and she was not sleeping in the bed. He searched for her, only to find the bathroom door locked. After no response, he climbed outside to the bathroom window and entered to find Judy, sitting on the toilet. Rigor Mortis had already set in. Judy Garland was dead at the age of 47.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Official cause of death: Barbituate Poisoning (quinalbarbitone), incautious self-overdosage, accidental.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]The day Judy died, legend has it, there was a tornado in Kansas.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by JeffD; 10-11-2007 at 02:44 PM.

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HETFIELD View Post
    Funny thing is, if you feel you're having a chest pains/or a panic attack even, you're supposed to try and go to the bathroom. It hits a relaxation nerve "on the way out". Also, try and cough. It may reset your heart. Got that from a nurse.
    I also have to wonder if any breathing technique would help. It seems quite often that how relaxed you are is reflective of how you're breathing.

I hate it when I'm tense and am told by some well-meaning person "Take a deep breath," but it's true: it does help.

I believe the "laying cable" technique would work, because I can't help but notice how your body tenses and then relaxes during that process.

(Of course, since I tend to overdo things, I plan to wear Depends from now on to enable me to stay relaxed at all times.)

mike Guest
    Thisa is why i told my wife that if i die before her,and i'm butt necked (please put some pants on me) My cousin died on the crapper.

MOVIEDAN Guest
    Jerry Falwell also died on the can. He was shitting out teenage semen when he suffered a fatal heart-attack. RIP, Jerry.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Elvis did not die on the toilet.
    He had a barbershop chair in his bathroom and that's what he was sitting on.
    You must remember, rich and famous folk don't always have regular bathrooms like you and me. Often times their bathrooms are large rooms with chairs and tables etc. to go along with the toilet bowl and sink.
    Elvis was also reading a book about searching for the face of Jesus, certainly Not sex position horoscopes. It's interesting how people tend to want to twist facts around so hap hazzardly.

susalu Guest
    The facts can be twisted -- that is the stuff that makes for great urban legends... I also believe, however, that people will go to great lengths to try to cover stuff up, and somehow the truth will be leaked out...

Bottom line is, we will believe what we want to believe in the face of conflicting evidence, and only the people that were there know the truth, unless of course there are photos, which can be doctored by any competent photoshopper... It is sort of sad that we really can't believe what we see and hear, and that people's lives can be ruined based on conjecture and innuendo, and downright lies...

On the other hand, these folks are dead, so I seriously doubt that they give a shit what we all think of how they went!!

JMHO!! Susan

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    The facts can be twisted -- that is the stuff that makes for great urban legends... I also believe, however, that people will go to great lengths to try to cover stuff up, and somehow the truth will be leaked out...

Bottom line is, we will believe what we want to believe in the face of conflicting evidence, and only the people that were there know the truth, unless of course there are photos, which can be doctored by any competent photoshopper... It is sort of sad that we really can't believe what we see and hear, and that people's lives can be ruined based on conjecture and innuendo, and downright lies...

On the other hand, these folks are dead, so I seriously doubt that they give a shit what we all think of how they went!!

JMHO!! Susan
    I generally agree with you Susan but to me, I kind of think it's a smear campaign against Elvis.
    As much as people love Elvis there are also people who hate the guy (for who knows why).

susalu Guest

i was thinking about the dead..

and how the integrity of the information even from BC times can be twisted.. There's legends (maybe not urban) about the deaths of history's great figures, and it seems someone is always publishing some new theory or another. It's really no better today, when you consider how easy it is to falsify things...

When you are dead, you can't defend yourself... but like I said before, you probably don't give a shit!!

This topic sort of made me think about today's stars and how the rumors get going... Some of them are deserved and true, I am sure, but others you have to wonder... But I guess that's a topic for another board!

Blurgle Guest
    http://www.snopes.com/medical/homecure/coughcpr.asp

Just because she's a nurse doesn't mean she knows anything about it. Cough CPR is more likely to kill you than the heart attack itself unless you've been personally trained by a cardiologist.

Daphne Guest
    Lupe Velez - IN the can

OK I hate to sound stupid here, but who is the gomer pyle dude you refer to?

auguststar Guest
    My mom is a paramedic/ER nurse and she says that "normal" people would be shocked at how many people die straining on the toilet. What a way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    [/color][/u][/i]

OK I hate to sound stupid here, but who is the gomer pyle dude you refer to?
    He was the soldier in the movie, "Full Metal Jacket", the one during boot camp who just couldn't do anything right, and he finally snaps and shoots the drill sargent in the bathroom, and then shoots himself in the head and slumps down on a toilet.

But that was just a fictional character in a movie - not an actual actor who died "on the can".

xenaswolf Guest
    He's the same freaknoid that plays on Law and Order Criminal Intent...I can't watch that show when he's on...keep expecting him to roll his eyes and say "I AM in a world of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttt" then blow his brains out.

tngirl1967 Guest

The "valsalva manuever". I just remembered learning about it in school, one of my teachers had a wonderful dry wit and told us that is why many die on the can . I only remember one, though, in the ten years I rode the ambulance.....and it was a very old person that had fallen off the toilet and hit their head on the way down.
    Check it out, I found a link for ya:
    http://breathing.com/articles/valsalvas-maneuver.htm

deathybrad Guest
    Someone mentioned Jimbo? I'm not sure what they meant but Charles Kimbrough is still alive. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to know what they were talking about.

Daphne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    He was the soldier in the movie, "Full Metal Jacket", the one during boot camp who just couldn't do anything right, and he finally snaps and shoots the drill sargent in the bathroom, and then shoots himself in the head and slumps down on a toilet.

But that was just a fictional character in a movie - not an actual actor who died "on the can".

Thanks Aries! I remember! Just took a bit of brain jogging

Quote Originally Posted by MOVIEDAN View Post
    Jerry Falwell also died on the can. He was shitting out teenage semen when he suffered a fatal heart-attack. RIP, Jerry.
    Falwell was found in his office. I'm not sure about the semen thing

On May 15, 2007, CNN and USA Today[51] reported Falwell had been found without pulse and unconscious in his office about 10:45 am after missing a morning appointment and was taken to Lynchburg General Hospital

Brina Guest
    nancy spungen died under the bathroom sink after sid stabbed her..

close but no cigar..

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Falwell was found in his office. I'm not sure about the semen thing
    lolololol!!!! thanks for my laugh of the night!!

disco Guest
    thats good to know, every bit helps

cindyk Guest
    haha why are topics like this sooo good?? what about celebs who have died naked? i think that would be another good one. i know i came across some while reading on FAD and im sure theres more...

Kellycatt1 Guest
    I seen that THS on Elvis also. I think that you are correct that is what they said.

Lupe Velez - IN the can

Re: Lupe Velez, does head first count? She drowned in her toilet.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post
    Anyone?

I thought I had Lenny Bruce nailed down as a "confirmed," but I can't find proof positive he was actually on the can rather than just "in the bathroom" when he Punted Big.

The same thing seems to apply to Elvis: died in the bathroom...but not necessarily on the can.

So how about it: can anyone come up with some celebrity types who shuffled off this mortal coil whilst "seated."

(Bonus points awarded to anyone who posts to this thread using a laptop.....while seated on the can.)

Ok I'm appropriately positioned.

The new evidence on The Lizard King is that he died sat on a toilet. Not as romantic as the bath tub story but hey, you can't have everything...

I'm a nurse and we HATE it when a patient has to go to the bathroom when they are having chest pains. You know that a code blue is coming as soon as they start saying they got to go. They almost always go into V-tach/V-fib and there is nothing worse than doing CPR on someone while they are on a bedpan!