Thread: Joyce Jameson

Danny62 Guest

Joyce Jameson

She was born on Sept 26, 1932 in Chicago, Illinois and was married to Actor/Songwriter Billy Barnes. She is best remembered for her recurring role as ??Skippy? in the 1960s television series ??The Andy Griffith Show.? She made her film debut in 1951 playing a chorus girl dancer in the motion picture ??Showboat.? Her other notable film credits include: ??Problem Girls? (1953), ??Tip on a Dead Jockey? (1957), ??The Apartment? (1960), ??Frankie and Johnny? (1966), ??Boy, Did I Get a Wrong Number!? (1966), ??Death Race 2000? (1975), ??Every Which Way But Loose? (1978) and ??Hardbodies? (1984). She appeared in guest roles in numerous television series including ??Gunsmoke,? ??The Twilight Zone,? ??McHale??s Navy,? ??My Favorite Martian,? ??The Dick Van Dyke Show,? ??F-Troop,? ??Hogan??s Heroes,? ??Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C.,? ??Alias Smith and Jones,? ??Emergency!,? ??The Love Boat,? and ??Barney Miller.? She commited suicide at age 54 in Burbank, California.

meryn Guest

Talking

Danny, I thought I remembered everybody from Andy Griffith but she's not ringing a bell with me. Can you find a pic?

Thanks!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by meryn View Post
    Danny, I thought I remembered everybody from Andy Griffith but she's not ringing a bell with me. Can you find a pic?

Thanks!
    Skippy, one of the fun girls!!

meryn Guest
    Oh, of COURSE! Don't know why I just couldn't get the old brain to function.

Thanks, Danny!

Danny62 Guest
    Oh, of COURSE! Don't know why I just couldn't get the old brain to function.

Thanks, Danny!

I just added a Jean Carson thread as well, we lost both Fun girls!!

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    She was born on Sept 26, 1932 in Chicago, Illinois and was married to Actor/Songwriter Billy Barnes. She is best remembered for her recurring role as ??Skippy? in the 1960s television series ??The Andy Griffith Show.? She made her film debut in 1951 playing a chorus girl dancer in the motion picture ??Showboat.? Her other notable film credits include: ??Problem Girls? (1953), ??Tip on a Dead Jockey? (1957), ??The Apartment? (1960), ??Frankie and Johnny? (1966), ??Boy, Did I Get a Wrong Number!? (1966), ??Death Race 2000? (1975), ??Every Which Way But Loose? (1978) and ??Hardbodies? (1984). She appeared in guest roles in numerous television series including ??Gunsmoke,? ??The Twilight Zone,? ??McHale??s Navy,? ??My Favorite Martian,? ??The Dick Van Dyke Show,? ??F-Troop,? ??Hogan??s Heroes,? ??Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C.,? ??Alias Smith and Jones,? ??Emergency!,? ??The Love Boat,? and ??Barney Miller.? She commited suicide at age 54 in Burbank, California.
    Is it known why she killed herself?

She used to date Robert Vaughn from the show Man from U.N.C.L.E.

meryn Guest
    I finally found this link that tells a bit about her, her relationship with Robert Vaughn and her death. Good read!

http://www.filmsinreview.com/Feature...d/jan07-4.html

Danny62 Guest
    I finally found this link that tells a bit about her, her relationship with Robert Vaughn and her death. Good read!

http://www.filmsinreview.com/Feature...d/jan07-4.html
    Great find! Sad story!!!

She was so gorgeous!! I tried not to laugh when she rolled on to the puppie though and killed it!! Just the Death Hag in me!!!

Kathyf Guest
    I know who she was kind of a wild girl.LOL

[SIZE=3]Now you're talking !![/SIZE]
    JAMESON was an exceptional comedienne who never really got the recognition that she should have. I well remember her two turns on
    THE MUNSTERS as well: once as a dance instructor.......

"Miss, the way you ran out of here (when I entered) I thought the place was on fire", mused HERMAN
    "Such luck.........," responds JAMESON' character

On the other episode she was a gangster' moll used to lure HERMAN to the gangster' apartment because they think that he can 'pick numbers'.

She was terrific, and I'm so sorry that she didn't have a bigger career.

tensecondstolove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Great find! Sad story!!!

She was so gorgeous!! I tried not to laugh when she rolled on to the puppie though and killed it!! Just the Death Hag in me!!!
    Eh Danny, I'm kinda sad that you could even almost laugh at such a thing. Just the animal lover in me.

But yeah..that's not funny.

wakey Guest

joyce jameson

does anyone know how joyce jameson died. I have heard that she committed suicide but cannot find mention of it anywhere. she was a brilliant comedic character actress. and beautiful blonde too. on the likes of joi lansing, though not as busty and barbara nichols,though not as gruff.
    she had been all shows in the sixties it seems and never really made it to stardom which is a shame. she was that good. I think one of her last roles was a waitress in a clint eastwood movie.
    though she started out on the steve allen show as a cabaret performer and wound up a truly wonderful actress. I miss her work.
    if anyone knows anything about the late great Joyce
    please post

wakey Guest
    with many thanks to dan for helping learn about joyce jameson. that was exactly what I was looking for. I knew if I posted it someone would know where to look. so thanks dan. I spent several years trying to find something on this wonderful lady. so I sincerely appriciate your post