Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
The McStay Family - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 91 of 91

Thread: The McStay Family

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    4,008
    Finally.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,126
    I agree with some who have posted on other sites that the death penalty would be too easy to give this guy. I too would rather see him get four life sentences and be put in the general prison population and have the other inmates give him the punishment he deserves for the two youngest victims.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    They all died from blunt force trauma, so he beat the whole family to death including two very young children? He must have had a lot of pent up anger against them to kill them in such a brutal way. The investigators said they believe they were killed in their home. Wouldn't beating four people to death leave a lot of blood evidence in their home? It doesn't sound like there was anything too suspicious in the home other than the eggs on the counter top, the two bowls of popcorn in the living room, and the dogs inside. The place couldn't have looked like a gruesome crime scene or there wouldn't have been speculation that they may have left on their own. It doesn't make sense.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,735
    I am so glad to finally see some resolution in this case. What an evil asshole to kill 2 innocent children and their parents over money.

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newburgh Indiana
    Posts
    6,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    They all died from blunt force trauma, so he beat the whole family to death including two very young children? He must have had a lot of pent up anger against them to kill them in such a brutal way. The investigators said they believe they were killed in their home. Wouldn't beating four people to death leave a lot of blood evidence in their home? It doesn't sound like there was anything too suspicious in the home other than the eggs on the counter top, the two bowls of popcorn in the living room, and the dogs inside. The place couldn't have looked like a gruesome crime scene or there wouldn't have been speculation that they may have left on their own. It doesn't make sense.
    I wondered the same thing. You would think it would leave one hell of a mess, and I'd also think it would have been loud too, the wife and kids screaming, the dogs even getting riled up and barking. Something isn't right here. It doesn't seem to add up. He may have acted alone, but how did he kill them that way in the house without any blood left behind or no noise waking the neighbors?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,159
    I have been following this story from the beginning and at no time have they ever said that there was a struggle in the home. So it's wild that they think they were killed in the home. I mean for a long time they thought they'd just walked into Mexico. So there had to be nothing that pointed directly at murder. The police have been on several shows trying to find them. If they knew they'd been murdered I would have thought they would have come right out with that part.

    So... how do you blunt force trauma someone and not leave evidence?

  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,463
    Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    I have been following this story from the beginning and at no time have they ever said that there was a struggle in the home. So it's wild that they think they were killed in the home. I mean for a long time they thought they'd just walked into Mexico. So there had to be nothing that pointed directly at murder. The police have been on several shows trying to find them. If they knew they'd been murdered I would have thought they would have come right out with that part.

    So... how do you blunt force trauma someone and not leave evidence?
    Yeah. Same as you I've known of this one since it was on dateline and a few ID shows. You kill a man, woman, and 2 children with blunt force trauma and leave no evidence? Unless he Dexter'd it there's simply no way. Makes no sense. I really wanna hear how the cops explain that. I saw that family walking across the Mexican border and I would have bet the farm that was them.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    4,008
    I agree and I am confused. No mess from all this blunt force trauma? And he acted alone? Ok...say he killed the Dad first...then the mother....the strongest of the four. I thought he killed the children because they may have known him but I don't think they did....so why the heck kill them??????

    How did he get to their house? Someone must have dropped him off...then left???? Wasn't this on video? And wasn't it on video of the family vehicle leaving? No blood in the vehicle?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,159
    Who dropped their vehicle off if he acted alone? This was such a mystery to begin with and now it is a different kind of mystery. I want answers.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    They all died from blunt force trauma, so he beat the whole family to death including two very young children? He must have had a lot of pent up anger against them to kill them in such a brutal way. The investigators said they believe they were killed in their home. Wouldn't beating four people to death leave a lot of blood evidence in their home? It doesn't sound like there was anything too suspicious in the home other than the eggs on the counter top, the two bowls of popcorn in the living room, and the dogs inside. The place couldn't have looked like a gruesome crime scene or there wouldn't have been speculation that they may have left on their own. It doesn't make sense.
    You read my mind!!

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    I'm just not buying that they were killed in their home by blunt force trauma and he managed to clean it up so well that it wasn't noticeable. Beating one person to death leaves a lot behind, beating four people to death should have looked like a massacre. I remember the description of the Groene/McKenzie home after Mark, Brenda, and Slade were beaten to death by Joseph Duncan with a hammer. It was a bloodbath inside and the house was eventually torn down. Kira Trevino was beaten to death by her estranged husband and the house had blood in several rooms. That's just from one very small woman. He tried to clean it up and still left evidence all over the place. There's just something missing here, loose ends that don't make sense.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I'm just not buying that they were killed in their home by blunt force trauma and he managed to clean it up so well that it wasn't noticeable. Beating one person to death leaves a lot behind, beating four people to death should have looked like a massacre. I remember the description of the Groene/McKenzie home after Mark, Brenda, and Slade were beaten to death by Joseph Duncan with a hammer. It was a bloodbath inside and the house was eventually torn down. Kira Trevino was beaten to death by her estranged husband and the house had blood in several rooms. That's just from one very small woman. He tried to clean it up and still left evidence all over the place. There's just something missing here, loose ends that don't make sense.
    I'm not buying it either. I think they were killed somewhere else. I also think there are more involved. There is no way this man pulled this off all on his own. No way no how. Uh huh. I'm in agreement with you on the evidence. Luminol would have lit that place up like a Christmas tree.

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I'm not buying it either. I think they were killed somewhere else. I also think there are more involved. There is no way this man pulled this off all on his own. No way no how. Uh huh. I'm in agreement with you on the evidence. Luminol would have lit that place up like a Christmas tree.
    Maybe he was the designated "hitman" for someone who would benefit financially from the death of the entire family and he is who they are pinning it on. If they were killed in their home, what would be the point in taking them somewhere else to be disposed of? Why not just leave them there to make it look like a random burglary that went wrong? One guy couldn't have killed them all, loaded them all into a vehicle, cleaned their house to the point of there being no evidence, and buried them all without someone seeing or hearing something. I just don't see it.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Maybe he was the designated "hitman" for someone who would benefit financially from the death of the entire family and he is who they are pinning it on. If they were killed in their home, what would be the point in taking them somewhere else to be disposed of? Why not just leave them there to make it look like a random burglary that went wrong? One guy couldn't have killed them all, loaded them all into a vehicle, cleaned their house to the point of there being no evidence, and buried them all without someone seeing or hearing something. I just don't see it.

    I totally agree. I apologize if you made this clear upthread but I've had some pain pills so I'm a touch loopy. Are you saying you feel he's the fall guy or that he is involved?

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I totally agree. I apologize if you made this clear upthread but I've had some pain pills so I'm a touch loopy. Are you saying you feel he's the fall guy or that he is involved?
    There must be some evidence of his guilt for the authorities to arrest him. He probably did kill them, but I don't think he did it alone. I definitely don't think he beat them to death in the house. I really don't know what to think, there's a lot missing.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    There must be some evidence of his guilt for the authorities to arrest him. He probably did kill them, but I don't think he did it alone. I definitely don't think he beat them to death in the house. I really don't know what to think, there's a lot missing.
    Ok thanks for clarifying. We are on the same page. I totally agree.

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    Hadn't a family member and the business partner been discovered messing around with the McStay's bank accounts previously?

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Hadn't a family member and the business partner been discovered messing around with the McStay's bank accounts previously?
    I may be wrong but I thought it was the brother?

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I may be wrong but I thought it was the brother?
    That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure. Maybe the McStays found out there was something shady going on and were killed to keep them from telling authorities. I think there is a financial motive for this crime.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newburgh Indiana
    Posts
    6,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure. Maybe the McStays found out there was something shady going on and were killed to keep them from telling authorities. I think there is a financial motive for this crime.
    yes, I'm pretty sure it was the brother too. Anyway I'm with y'all in thinking something's not adding up here. Didn't they do any forensic testing for blood? Even if he did do it there, there's no way he could have cleaned up so well. Surely they would have found something. The manor in which the house was left makes me wonder if they weren't lured or tricked into leaving? Like "so and so are coming to kill you, you have to leave NOW " type of thing to get them out of the house, and possibly confuse them? Idk? Just a wild guess. I hope we get the truth about it soon.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    745
    Such a strange strange case. I wonder if we'll ever know what really happened. I remember reading about this in People magazine a long time ago. And just thinking it was so creepy how a family can just up and disappear.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,741


    Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    4,008
    Wow. Finally information on how they died...and how brutal. Damn.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,347
    How could somebody do something like this, especially to those two little buttons?

  25. #75
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,213
    Sad. And what a psycho. Bet he thought he was pretty clever and really got away with it. To do that to those little children, with a sledgehammer? WTF the things people do over money.


  26. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,735
    I wonder why he chose the sledgehammer. It said in the article that the hammer came from the McStay home so did he go there with the intent of killing them or did he decide on a whim to kill them all? What a psycho.

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  27. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,741
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I wonder why he chose the sledgehammer. It said in the article that the hammer came from the McStay home so did he go there with the intent of killing them or did he decide on a whim to kill them all? What a psycho.
    Out and out rage is my guess... he's a sociopath, and just didn't care at all. No feelings whatsoever.


    Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

  28. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,955
    Total overkill; yes I agree with you Cyn. Out of control rage.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived


  29. #79
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,463
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I wonder why he chose the sledgehammer. It said in the article that the hammer came from the McStay home so did he go there with the intent of killing them or did he decide on a whim to kill them all? What a psycho.
    Yeah. I don't get the sledgehammer either. I mean if you had a plan I wouldn't think a sledgehammer would be the easiest weapon to wield. I guess this means he did them one at a time. I mean he couldn't kill one with a sledgehammer and have the rest just standing there waiting their turns. Another thing that brings up is where did it happen. I mean how could it happen at their home? I would think every nook and cranny of that home was looked over and over again. I guess we'll hear all the particulars eventually. I'm just so glad this wasn't one of those cases that never got solved.

  30. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,347
    I don't remember all the details, but the McStays were renovating their home. Painting, I believe, and I don't know what else, but I've seen people use sledgehammers to knock walls out and the like. Perhaps it was there in the house or outside nearby and he used as a weapon of opportunity. He might have even planned to use something that belonged to them thinking it would not be traced back to him as one of his own would have been.

  31. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    424
    Could he have acted alone? I always assumed he had an accomplice.

  32. #82
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,213
    I'm guessing he acted alone if they only have one weapon. Unless he had someone else there who helped overpower them and disable them, such as tying them up, in some way. Yes, they were painting and there was paint on the sledgehammer. Perhaps Joseph and Summer were in different areas of the house when he started and he was able to take them out one at a time. Then the kids would be easy. But yes, they searched that house so many times, you would think there would be some kind of blood evidence if he had done it there. Like Stewart said, I guess we will just have to wait for more details about what this bastard did to come out.


  33. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,347
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I'm guessing he acted alone if they only have one weapon. Unless he had someone else there who helped overpower them and disable them, such as tying them up, in some way. Yes, they were painting and there was paint on the sledgehammer. Perhaps Joseph and Summer were in different areas of the house when he started and he was able to take them out one at a time. Then the kids would be easy. But yes, they searched that house so many times, you would think there would be some kind of blood evidence if he had done it there. Like Stewart said, I guess we will just have to wait for more details about what this bastard did to come out.
    I agree. He could have gone in and knocked them out--1,2--before they could react. First the husband, then the wife, and the kids at his leisure. But what happened to all the blood? LE could tell if they had been killed there. Could they have seen him, grabbed up the kids and ran for their lives, but he caught them somewhere away from the house. On the other hand, if he had an accomplice he could have forced them into the car and killed them somewhere else. But how did the sledgehammer get paint on it. Maybe it was in the house and he picked it up, or it had been in the house and put away, or something. I hate when things like this can't be explained.

  34. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    4,008
    I am just guessing he got the father first....he suffered a broken leg and rib and was disabled. Did he act alone? The father was also tied with an extension cord.....did he disable the father then go after the mother? Then got the babies....none were wearing shoes......they must have been surprised. Several days passed before they were reported missing......could this creep had time to clean up the blood and re-paint? Hopefully he will fess up and tell the truth about what happened.

    This story just breaks my heart.....I have been so obsessed with it. I'm with cindy, I just can't stand it when things cannot be explained.

  35. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dark and Bloody ground - Kentucky
    Posts
    1,819
    They would have plastic covering the floor so he most likely rolled them up in it and carried the evidence away.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plan.

    RIP DADDY 1/17/1925 - 5/26/2011
    RIP Momma 4/12/1930-5/13/2014

  36. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,435
    And so far no motive as to why and no money was missing from the McStay bank accounts. It all seems (so far) for no reason...weird.

  37. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,347
    Apparently he printed up checks on their software, then deleted the record, back dated the checks and deposited them.

  38. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    4,008
    I can't get the story posted but did anyone see where Charles Merritt was found guilty of the murders of the family?

  39. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    I can't get the story posted but did anyone see where Charles Merritt was found guilty of the murders of the family?
    Here you go. https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/10/us/mc...lty/index.html

  40. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    4,008
    Thank you cindyt.

    I wish he could confess.

  41. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    Thank you cindyt.

    I wish he could confess.
    You're welcome. I do too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •