Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3101112

Thread: Jahi mcmath

This makes me so angry. Let the poor thing go in peace.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

I agree duchess another part of the article stated that the defense refused to turn over other videos of Jahi, because the other side wants to make sure that when her hands or feet move they aren't being manipulated somehow, because all you see is a close up of the hand or foot and she is covered up with a blanket at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    This makes me so angry. Let the poor thing go in peace.
    So she's not....okay. Damn. I agree, Mary, let the poor girl die in peace and with dignity.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    DO miss seein' ya 'round these parts. Don't be a stranger, mmkay?
    Miss you Ria!!!
    I'll try to stop by more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...173401402.html

"A California judge ruled that a teen girl who was declared brain dead more than three years ago after a tonsillectomy may technically still be alive, allowing a malpractice lawsuit against the hospital to move forward and possibly setting up the family to have her care paid for if they succeed."

Hmmm. I wonder if they've ever considered suing??
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

You know they have Madeline, I think that is why they kept her on life support and such. They are trying to get the hospital for malpractice but wasn't it the aunt her suctioned out Jahi, and they fed her a cheeseburger not long after her surgery against doctors orders?

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    You know they have Madeline, I think that is why they kept her on life support and such. They are trying to get the hospital for malpractice but wasn't it the aunt her suctioned out Jahi, and they fed her a cheeseburger not long after her surgery against doctors orders?
    pk, nothing beats a good cheeseburger, what do silly doctors know anyway?

I predict a settlement, many dollars to Momma nails, a few talk show appearances, and yet that poor kid will still keep existing on a machine with as little control over her own fate in death as she had in life.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Saddly Madeline, I do too even though her family caused it.

Wow. This story is getting richer (no pun). Jahi's estranged biodad is now suing the hospital. Keep it classy family! He dad would not be suing or rather, be in her life if not for the lawsuit money trail! Very, very sad.

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/12/18/j...-to-treat-her/
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

I am really hoping that she doesn't become the Terry Schiavo of the 2010s.

Every time this thread gets bumped...I get hopeful that maybe they've finally let her go?

"I just go here!"

Surely her body will eventually end up giving out even while ON the ventilator? Her brain isn't functioning anymore so I would have thought that the machines would eventually be unable to sustain her organs anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Every time this thread gets bumped...I get hopeful that maybe they've finally let her go?
    This is me. I don't even know why I hope anymore. I mean ffs... how long can this go on? And Nails-Ho doesn't deserve a cent. I can't stand the gold-digging on behalf of all members of this family. It's disgusting.

Here's an interesting article about the ongoing situation. Makes the family seem nicer than any other source ever has and does not mention any of their problems that might have led to Jahi's condition. New photo included alert!

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...MyMjYzMjc1MgS2

But you know, even if there's a shred of awareness there, does it justify keeping the girl in her minimal state for a possible full lifespan of another 50 or 60 years, long after even the mother is gone? You think the baby sister who's been neglected so long is going to stick around and superintend Jahi's care, even if they actually win the malpractice suit?

(I wonder how much the late Sunny von Bulow's 28-year coma cost HER family, and THEY were wealthy.)

Okay, I'm gonna bite, I'm gonna say it....

What the heck is wrong with her hands...the dark/light different color tones..is that from...

*punches my ticket to hell card*

I'm expecting the neglected siblings to write a tell-all book. I think the moment Mama Goldigger passes, IF Jahi is still "around" they're going to shut those machines off before you can blink. That poor lil sister in the background ignored while Mom & Dad hover over their daughter they still hope will miraculously wake up one day...which would be doable...if there was brain function..

*plops in my window seat on the train to hell.*

I can't believe this is still going on..

um those pictures of her laying there, the new ones, her skin is way lighter than the older pictures, wonder why that is.?

um those pictures of her laying there, the new ones, her skin is way lighter than the older pictures, wonder why that is.?
    WTH?? That picture in the article from the wedding, compared to now, the skin tones are so many shades different.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    WTH?? That picture in the article from the wedding, compared to now, the skin tones are so many shades different.
    Not having been out in any form of natural sunlight, and changes in her circulation, along with whatever they're feeding Jahi these days, likely has plenty to do with the change. She doubtless did not have the best diet before, but at least she was out and about before the operation.

I almost fainted when I read Ma Nails now has a DNR order for Jahi, then thought, so what? When will she ever stop breathing naturally anyway, even if she contracts some other ailment? Not for years at least, unless, as MartyMcP suggests, the Mom achieves decease well before then and the siblings put a stop to this apparent delusion, including perhaps Nailah wanting to get hooked up next to Jahi.

In some ways I do feel sorry, the family that can't let go, the mistakes made during the operation and after, and now the temptation of a huge lawsuit. This WAS a fairly normal family, given that every family's a bit weird in its own way, and nobody WANTED this to happen. Jahi was, by what accounts I've read, a good kid, and how did anyone know her mother would go off the rails to this extreme?

I haven't followed this thread.
    I've been reading about Jahi after some discussion in the Stephen Hawking thread; IMO, this girl is dead.

Various tests over time have indicated that minor movements of a hand and a foot are caused by "spinal movements"; not brain activity.
    The definitive test - the one I read about that settles the matter for me - is that there is zero blood circulation to the brain.

We all know that depriving the brain of oxygen for even a few minutes will result in death, three or four years sure ought to do it.
    But in this case, I don't think that lack of blood flow or oxygen to the brain resulted in death, I think that death resulted in lack of blood flow and oxygen to the brain.

As for the "movements in response to verbal communication"; I'm reminded of "assisted communication" in cases of autism and brain damaged individuals - they can mange to write down their thoughts (sometimes eloquently and using technical terminology) - as long as someone "assists" by guiding their hand. Ironically - those "assisted" individuals have nothing to communicate when the "assistant" is prevented from hearing the question posed to the subject.

As one doctor put it - there is absolutely zero possibility that Jahi will recover from death.

What her family is doing is at best pitiful and sad, IMO it would more likely and more accurately be called despicable.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Home girl is BLOATED. And WTF is up with her ear?!?!

Holy Fuck yaâ??ll.
    Girl at center of debate over brain death dies after surgery
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-surgery.html

Quote Originally Posted by soaring_butterfly View Post
    Holy Fuck ya’ll.
    Girl at center of debate over brain death dies after surgery
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-surgery.html
    Again?
    Damn - that's twice now.
    Surgeries seems to have unfortunate outcomes for her.
    I think her family should refuse to accept the diagnosis or the prognosis - the next surgery might just set things back right again.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Again?
    Damn - that's twice now.
    Surgeries seems to have unfortunate outcomes for her.
    I think her family should refuse to accept the diagnosis or the prognosis - the next surgery might just set things back right again.
    It wasn't the first surgery that caused the coma ,a relative brought the girl a cheeseburger right after her tonsil surgery and she choked.. you can not eat solid food after a throat operation.. My she now rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    It wasn't the first surgery that caused the coma ,a relative brought the girl a cheeseburger right after her tonsil surgery and she choked.. you can not eat solid food after a throat operation.. My she now rest in peace.
    I see, thanks.
    That was one bloody brilliant relative.

I'd have to say that she's been resting in peace since her brain ceased to function, nothing has really changed today from last year in that respect.

It would be kind of interesting though to see a tombstone listing two dates of death several years apart.
    Last edited by JimC; 06-29-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Surely the surgeon knew the risks of performing surgery on this girl....who is already brain dead. Good for him or her. I think they did her a favor. RIP. Finally.

It's about time. I'm sorry to see it happen but Ma Nails should've let her go immediately instead of denying it for five years. RIP, Jahi.

"I just go here!"

At least she'll be (hopefully) buried this time rather than have her corpse laid out on a bed for five years...

Poor kid, now she is finally at peace.

I'm wondering about the ethical implications of performing surgery on someone who was in her condition - dead.

What was the purpose?
    Did they think that the surgical wounds were going to heal?

Were they hoping to improve her quality of death?

Who knows Jim, but I bet the family will try to sue the hospital citing that the doctors let Jahi die, or did something to cause her to die, (again)

Who knows Jim, but I bet the family will try to sue the hospital citing that the doctors let Jahi die, or did something to cause her to die, (again)
    Could be.
    First order up, IMO - establish that she wasn't already dead at the time of surgery.
    Wrongful\neglectful death of a dead person has got to be an uphill battle.

No, a relative didn't bring her a cheeseburger after her surgery that caused her to choke. She went into a coma during surgery due to an allergic reaction to the anesthesia which also caused a great deal of blood loss. Jahi went into the first surgery, a surgery she didn't want and never awoke from it. Interesting that the second surgery or "procedure" also caused excessive blood loss. They should have seen that coming. Curious about the liver damage that the procedure caused as well. Surprised that any doctor was willing to do it. I see this as a blessing. Hoping this that this poor family can now move on with their lives. So tragic.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

geekygirl here you go Because of the extent of the surgery, the pt was not allowed to talk and was given a white board for communication. The pt wrote "I'm hungry" The Grandmother brought in and fed her a hamburger. The pt bled immediately and the grandmother who is an LPN, was belligerent, used a Yankauer suction despite being told to not to do so and threatened the PICU nurse. The pt hemorrhaged and and code blue was called. It was a difficult prolonged and traumatic intubation. this was also in the NY Times.
    Jahi actually woke up from her surgery, she was smiling and such and even indicated on the white board she was hungry.

https://allnurses.com/nursing-news/t...84-page17.html

I bet it was a Five Guys burger with everything.
    Those are absolutely to die for.

Love five guys, we have those here in San Diego.

Jahi's funeral (finally) She was brought back to Oakland. For someone they believed did not truly die until June 22, why did they have a closed casket? Could it be that decomposition came on like a hurricane once all the living-death supports were off?

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...slams-doctors/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jar7B-zqiNQ

she is finally at peace

Buried in Hayward, CA - my old hometown.