Thread: Peter Tomarken

Peter Tomarken

I'm a fan of the Game Show Network (blushing) and my favorite is "Press Your Luck". I was saddened to learn that the host and his wife were killed in a plane crash not too long ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I'm a fan of the Game Show Network (blushing) and my favorite is "Press Your Luck". I was saddened to learn that the host and his wife were killed in a plane crash not too long ago.
    my son still watches that game show on GSN, it was very sad~

Danny62 Guest
    Were they delivering medical supplies or something to that effect when it went down?

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Were they delivering medical supplies or something to that effect when it went down?
    that is what i heard also~

Danny62 Guest
    A spokesman with Angel Flight West, a nonprofit that provides free air transportation to needy medical patients, says that Tomarken was an organization volunteer pilot. He and his wife were flying to San Diego to pick up a passenger who needed treatment at UCLA Medical Center.

leppchic Guest

Peter David Tomarken~ press your luck

Peter Tomarken and his wife died in a plane crash. Some of my fondest memories are watching this show with my dad before he died. How tragic. I don't know much about the crash itself. But a tragidy all the same. He was young only 63 yrs old. The ones who stay clean of drugs always seem to be taken way before their time....so sad

knothere Guest
    press ur luk double whammy host died too damn!

Blurgle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leppchic View Post
    Peter Tomarken and his wife died in a plane crash. Some of my fondest memories are watching this show with my dad before he died. How tragic. I don't know much about the crash itself.
    He died because an aircraft mechanic didn't properly install a connecting rod at the aircraft's last annual inspection. The bolts that held the rod on weren't properly torqued and the mechanic also didn't install a cotter pin to hold the rod in place. After about 200 hours of flight the bolts disengaged, the connecting rod failed, and the engine quit. Since the mistake was buried deep in the engine, the pilot couldn't have discovered it, especially since he wouldn't have had an inkling that there was a problem.

Tomarken was a volunteer with Angel Flight West, a charity that transports seriously ill people who need treatment they can't get in their home town. He was on the way to pick up a cancer patient in San Diego when the accident took place.

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Figured I'd bump this since there's also a thread on "Press Your Luck" now. :thumbsup:

cherryghost Guest
    What happened to the neglegent mechanic who worked on the Plane?

lisalouver Guest
    Ok, for some reason, every time this thread pops up for me, I think it says Peter Tork and I get upset thinking one of the Monkee's has died!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurgle View Post
    He died because an aircraft mechanic didn't properly install a connecting rod at the aircraft's last annual inspection. The bolts that held the rod on weren't properly torqued and the mechanic also didn't install a cotter pin to hold the rod in place. After about 200 hours of flight the bolts disengaged, the connecting rod failed, and the engine quit. Since the mistake was buried deep in the engine, the pilot couldn't have discovered it, especially since he wouldn't have had an inkling that there was a problem.

Tomarken was a volunteer with Angel Flight West, a charity that transports seriously ill people who need treatment they can't get in their home town. He was on the way to pick up a cancer patient in San Diego when the accident took place.
    What a sad thing to have happen. I wonder what happened to the Mechanic?

Blurgle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan7962 View Post
    What a sad thing to have happen. I wonder what happened to the Mechanic?
    There's no way to know. No criminal charges were laid, but if he lost his job it would not be public knowledge. Sad.

Mistakes sometimes happen, but I wish outright negligence was prosecuted more often. You forget to properly complete a repair because it's a Monday, you fall asleep at the wheel because you thought you were OK to drive, you give someone something containing nuts because you think food allergies are psychosomatic, you should be charged with murder. Not manslaughter; first-degree murder. Life without parole or the death sentence: ignorance and stupidity should not be defences.