Thread: Billy Connolly

Tigon Man Guest

Billy Connolly

Scots comedy legend Billy Connolly has been treated for early stage prostate cancer and has also been diagnosed with Parkinsons disease, according to his spokesman.
    Knowing the Big Yin's liking for including the human body and it's function in his shows, I'm sure he'll incorporate his health somewhere in the near future..
    Best wishes to the big man for a speedy recovery.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I love Billy Connolly!!

pwem Guest
    Awww, this is such sad news. I loved him in Mrs Brown.

Tigon Man Guest
    Luckily Bill's cancer and Parkinson's were detected very early. From the news reports he seems to be fine and is planning a TV series and a tour of New Zealand.

fairmanicmaeve Guest
    Billy is absolutely brills! Have had the pleasure of seeing him live not once.... but twice. Good that he's getting on with things regardless of diagnosis!

I wish him a speedy recovery.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    Scots comedy legend Billy Connolly has been treated for early stage prostate cancer and has also been diagnosed with Parkinsons disease, according to his spokesman.
    Knowing the Big Yin's liking for including the human body and it's function in his shows, I'm sure he'll incorporate his health somewhere in the near future..
    Best wishes to the big man for a speedy recovery.
    As another person from Scotland would
    just like to wish him the best.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Tigon Man Guest
    According to todays press,The Big Yin has now been given the all clear after treatment for prostate cancer. Lets hope the Parkinson's is managable for now for him.

This guy has always made me laugh. I wish him the best.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    According to todays press,The Big Yin has now been given the all clear after treatment for prostate cancer. Lets hope the Parkinson's is managable for now for him.
    That is great news about his prostate cancer.
    (like I said before) just wish him a long life.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Seagorath Guest
    I love Billy! Great childhood memories..

"Only the working class...get the itchy asses." lol! Great comedian. Great man.

He was notified he had cancer and Parkinsons in the same phonecall from his doctor. Talk about a double whammy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rosebud666 Guest
    I don't have an personal experience with Parkinson's, thank God. It's a mean bugger. One of the nicest people I've ever met is an Englishman of a certain age here in Goettingen who has it. He does the very best he can, but the disease is slowly and inevitably taking its toll.

Clinical depression also plays hell with your memory. I could no longer remember names, phone numbers, song lyrics, dates . . . you name it, I probably forgot it. In the hospital, I must spent at least six weeks doing nothing but crossword puzzles. It really does help.

One other nice effect of recovering from depression: my German diction is now much better. At first my diction was so bad that they thought I might have had a mini-stroke.

He has a special on PBS called " Billy Cononnlly"s Route 66" It's in four parts and is great. The dude has always been able to make me laugh until I cry. His take on this trip is brilliant. Plus, I WANT that fucking trike he is riding.

One very funny man.....get well soon
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    He has a special on PBS called " Billy Cononnlly"s Route 66" It's in four parts and is great. The dude has always been able to make me laugh until I cry. His take on this trip is brilliant. Plus, I WANT that fucking trike he is riding.
    Watched it a couple of times. Cool trip, and yes a very cool trike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He looked cool riding it. Other than his wee wreck he looked like he enjoyed himself and everyone liked him. Shit on toast, I would kill to have that kind of hair.

I love Billy, he's so talented, clever and hilarious and it's good that he is getting on with things and not dwelling.