Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 535

Thread: James DiMaggio and the Anderson family

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,711
    Great news! Yay! I hope she is ok and he didn't rape her. Ugh. Glad they took his ass out.

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TinselTown
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    They spotted their campfire from the air - which is how they found them. While I'm glad that POS is dead for what he did, I can't help but wonder if the teenage girl went along with him because she liked him - and maybe it was consensual between them? Just thinking here...
    Similar thoughts here. I'm very sure there's much more to the story than has been revealed thus far.

    And really, what parent lets their 16 year old daughter go on week-long trips to Hollywood where she's sharing a hotel room with a 40 year old guy???

  3. #53
    I honestly feel like something is really wrong here, considering allegedly her statement, before rescue, in front of an army rangers wife was "Great, now we are really in trouble" fighting with De Maggio. Mother and brother deceased as well as a house fire that might hide evidence and him being shot dead, there really isn't anybody now that can go against her as a witness. She may have looked frightened according the the horseback riders that apparently saw her first but that could also be fear of being arrested. It probably sounds cruel to say these things, but she certainly would not be the first to have done something like this. Like Aries said, just thinking here because there are some things that do not add up to an absolute story of he had a one-sided obsession with her and she was creeped out especially considering she was going on week long trips with him sharing a hotel room. And now the probably hate begins...

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newburgh Indiana
    Posts
    6,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Similar thoughts here. I'm very sure there's much more to the story than has been revealed thus far.

    And really, what parent lets their 16 year old daughter go on week-long trips to Hollywood where she's sharing a hotel room with a 40 year old guy???
    I thought the same thing. It's asking for trouble.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrera_3.2 View Post
    It seems that some reports are putting this girl in somewhat of a cast of being an accomplice and not really a hostage. I am sure that more details will be coming out about this. C.
    Link?

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by jjropes23 View Post
    I honestly feel like something is really wrong here, considering allegedly her statement, before rescue, in front of an army rangers wife was "Great, now we are really in trouble" fighting with De Maggio. Mother and brother deceased as well as a house fire that might hide evidence and him being shot dead, there really isn't anybody now that can go against her as a witness. She may have looked frightened according the the horseback riders that apparently saw her first but that could also be fear of being arrested. It probably sounds cruel to say these things, but she certainly would not be the first to have done something like this. Like Aries said, just thinking here because there are some things that do not add up to an absolute story of he had a one-sided obsession with her and she was creeped out especially considering she was going on week long trips with him sharing a hotel room. And now the probably hate begins...
    No hate here...in this day and age anything is possible. I became very curious after hearing what she said also. Didn't really make sense...stranger things have happened.
    Hurry back...hurry back...don't forget to bring your....death certificate!!

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,645
    No hate here too!! Not sure when she told her friend about being creeped out by him (was it before or after the short Hollywood trip?). And why she never told her parents about it? I hate to think of her as willing participant, but now a days, it wouldn't surprise me.
    Cindy

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    No hate here too!! Not sure when she told her friend about being creeped out by him (was it before or after the short Hollywood trip?). And why she never told her parents about it? I hate to think of her as willing participant, but now a days, it wouldn't surprise me.
    Who knows if her friend even said that? People lie about stuff. And people like notoriety, they think it's cool to be the subject of an "interview". If she didn't say something "noteworthy", there would be no point in quoting her and giving her her 15 seconds of fame. I'm sure they talked to plenty of people who said they didn't notice anything untoward in the relationship, but that doesn't make for a good quote.

  9. #59
    After I read that comment she made, it made me remember the teen girl that had her boyfriend help her murder her entire family and set the house on fire to try to cover it up but the father survived. She was caught with the boyfriend at his place. This case just reminds me so much of that with just a little extra devious step. I forget what that first girls name was but her father has been featured on "I Survived".

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Who knows if her friend even said that? People lie about stuff. And people like notoriety, they think it's cool to be the subject of an "interview". If she didn't say something "noteworthy", there would be no point in quoting her and giving her her 15 seconds of fame. I'm sure they talked to plenty of people who said they didn't notice anything untoward in the relationship, but that doesn't make for a good quote.
    I don't know if the conversation really happened, I wasn't there. It all could be bullshit and we may never know.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 08-12-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    Cindy

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,088
    I'm surprised more details haven't emerged yet. The guy is dead so there is no "integrity of the investigation" in terms of his prosecution. It will be interesting what comes out of her debriefing.

    Edit...

    Teen was not involved in murder plot and indeed held under duress. According to the article she was unaware that her mother and brother were killed.

    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...lines_SanDiego
    Last edited by Paulination; 08-12-2013 at 12:19 PM.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    Quote Originally Posted by jjropes23 View Post
    After I read that comment she made, it made me remember the teen girl that had her boyfriend help her murder her entire family and set the house on fire to try to cover it up but the father survived. She was caught with the boyfriend at his place. This case just reminds me so much of that with just a little extra devious step. I forget what that first girls name was but her father has been featured on "I Survived".
    Erin Caffey is who I think you are referring to?

    http://murderpedia.org/female.C/c/ca...rin-photos.htm

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    I'm surprised more details haven't emerged yet. The guy is dead so there is no "integrity of the investigation" in terms of his prosecution. It will be interesting what comes out of her debriefing.

    Edit...

    Teen was not involved in murder plot and indeed held under duress. According to the article she was unaware that her mother and brother were killed.

    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...lines_SanDiego
    Aww that poor thing. Maybe it was for the best she didn't know ca.use then she didn't know to be afraid...

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,490
    Quote Originally Posted by jjropes23 View Post
    After I read that comment she made, it made me remember the teen girl that had her boyfriend help her murder her entire family and set the house on fire to try to cover it up but the father survived. She was caught with the boyfriend at his place. This case just reminds me so much of that with just a little extra devious step. I forget what that first girls name was but her father has been featured on "I Survived".
    We had a similar case in NH about 12-15 years ago, although the girl and her boyfriend were in their teens at the time. I guess the bf was bad news and her mother wanted him gone out of their lives. The girl couldn't stand the thought of that so she and the bf killed the mother and ran off, but they didn't get very far and were arrested. They are both sitting in prison right now where they belong. The way they killed the mother was pretty brutal. If I remember they killed her with a baseball bat.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    453
    http://news.yahoo.com/calif-teen-say...062636294.html

    she's talking about what happened on 'social media' I guess that means facebook. I think she's still in shock and if she doesnt already have a therapist she needs one. She's a typical teenage girl enjoying the attention during a time she should be dealing with loss I think her dad needs to reign this in personally and delete the account for awhile.

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Erin Caffey is who I think you are referring to?

    http://murderpedia.org/female.C/c/ca...rin-photos.htm
    YES!! She is who I was referring to, I always forget names of certain killers. Thanks Mammy

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/calif-teen-say...062636294.html

    she's talking about what happened on 'social media' I guess that means facebook. I think she's still in shock and if she doesnt already have a therapist she needs one. She's a typical teenage girl enjoying the attention during a time she should be dealing with loss I think her dad needs to reign this in personally and delete the account for awhile.
    Actually the article you linked mentions that she was posting on Ask.fm. I was not previously familiar with the site, but apparently it is mostly frequented by teens with shitty taste in music:

    http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/08...wers-questions

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    130
    God forgive me if I am wrong, but something about this does not sit right with me. Just my opinion of course, but talking about her nails and posting smiling selfies after an ordeal where her own life was supposedly in danger and her mother and brother are dead? I know we all deal with things in different ways, but wow.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    ill say it, i think she was in on that whole ordeal. i dont think she intentionally had her brother killed, but i have a feeling she is playing innocent. you guys can bash me all you want but there have been stories like this before. what are the odds she actually didnt know about her family being killed? stories from the past tell us otherwise which is why i believe she was in on it.

    i dont think the truth will ever really come out.
    Last edited by RebelRocker; 08-14-2013 at 01:53 PM.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,208
    We were wondering about her not knowing they were killed at work. Was she not taken from that house? Or did he go pick her up after he did that somewhere else? I am just not sure how she didn't know they were killed. I hate to think she was in on it but who knows. I agree we will probably never know.


  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    yeah this proves my point, i think she was in on it.

    http://www.10news.com/news/search-wa...er-case-081413

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    yeah this proves my point, i think she was in on it.

    http://www.10news.com/news/search-wa...er-case-081413
    Wow, that sure looks suspicious! What would a forty year old man and a sixteen year old girl have to talk about that many times a day?

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    yes it does.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,645
    This whole thing is starting to bug me. Why in hell did the parents even allow these trips? Did the son go too or not? I keep hearing these trips were just with the girl. I remember when I was 16 and my mom found out that a 32 year old man had asked for my number and she went ballistic! I am baffled how the red flags didn't go off with this guy. The guy supposedly creeped her out, and yet continued to be around him and not a peep to mom or dad about it.
    Cindy

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    why was there 13 calls made between the guy and the girl on the day the mother and brother were tortured and later killed? that is a red flag for me. she can play innocent all she wants but statics will say that she was involved in some way or another.

  26. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    why was there 13 calls made between the guy and the girl on the day the mother and brother were tortured and later killed? that is a red flag for me. she can play innocent all she wants but statics will say that she was involved in some way or another.
    I dont really know what to think about her side of this...one part of me wants to defend that she's a kid and kids dont really always handle things the 'right' way. the other side is saying 'eh she's not acting sad enough and this feels weird to me'. As for the 13 calls 11 of them could have been from him since he was trying to make plans with them(and was clearly obsessed with her) in haste so he was really blowing up her phone trying to plan all this and two from her being like wth do you want? and one saying 'ok we'll be there' we dont know the ratio. maybe she enjoyed the attention knowing he had a crush on her? i can see as a teenager how that would be creepy yet at the same time like "omg he's so obsessed with me! giggle giggle" to her friends it could be kind of an ego stroke yet not taken seriously.

    when I was 16 I babysat for a family that my mom worked with and the dad was alittle too interested in what I was doing and he'd come home early from work to mow the yard shirtless stuff like that and that made me soooo uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Gabby; 08-15-2013 at 08:21 AM.

  27. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    the 13 calls were between them. at 1600 hours, BOTH of their phones were off. if i am wrong i will admit i am wrong but i feel that she was in on it. a girl wouldnt go on day trips to malibu or hollywood with the guy she says she was really creeped out by. staying the same hotel room with him. yeah doesnt look good for her.

  28. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newburgh Indiana
    Posts
    6,861
    Well I wonder how long it will take for them to get what they need from the phone records? It really doesn't look good for her.
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

    ~Layne Staley


  29. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    the 13 calls were between them. at 1600 hours, BOTH of their phones were off. if i am wrong i will admit i am wrong but i feel that she was in on it. a girl wouldnt go on day trips to malibu or hollywood with the guy she says she was really creeped out by. staying the same hotel room with him. yeah doesnt look good for her.
    I'm just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt but it's certainly questionable. all the authorities involved keep saying there's no question she wasnt involved so I really dont know what to think

  30. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,141
    There is something nasty in the woodshed with this case. I doubt it played the way it's being portrayed.

  31. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newburgh Indiana
    Posts
    6,861
    I can't see getting on the web, answering questions, getting my nails done and all that jazz after being though what she's been through. Maybe she's in shock, I don't know. But it is suspicious. Did they ever say if she'd been raped?
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

    ~Layne Staley


  32. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    4,934
    No she never said if she was raped I tried to go see her ask.fm page and it's been disabled. I too feel and have from the start that she is involved. If it had been my mom and brother killed, I would not be sitting online or getting my nails done. I wouldn't even want to talk about it after talking to the police over and over.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  33. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,141
    He killed the family dog too? Maybe it was trying to protect them.

  34. #84
    So, DiMaggio was losing his house and having financial troubles, but he did seem to be spending some of his cash on Hannah for these 'multi-day" trips to Malibu and Hollywood. Both their phones were shut off at 4 PM, so either he took her phone and shut it off, or she did it herself. Lots of details of this story haven't been revealed yet. I can imagine a few ways to torture someone with a crowbar, this guy had to be a psychopath and/or filled with rage towards her family. Why kill the dog? I can't imagine if she was involved (not saying she was, but..) that she would be okay with him taking the extra step of killing the family dog.

  35. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Natchez Ms
    Posts
    3,981
    I think she's in on it. Just a matter of time before she slips up and they charge her. I could be wrong and I hope I am. The trips and phone calls say it all. Unless it turns out he called her each time. Then I'm just an ass.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

    "Nobody goes laundry cart on my wash unless them bitches wanna be going feet first."
    Cloris Leachman.

  36. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,711
    Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    I think she's in on it. Just a matter of time before she slips up and they charge her. I could be wrong and I hope I am. The trips and phone calls say it all. Unless it turns out he called her each time. Then I'm just an ass.
    I agree. Something is not right about this.

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  37. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    She doesn't seem all that upset for someone who has just been kidnapped and whose family has been brutally murdered.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  38. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    She doesn't seem all that upset for someone who has just been kidnapped and whose family has been brutally murdered.
    ITA. It's as if she is not affected at all. On top of losing her mother and brother, she was a witness when this guy was shot and killed. Even if I hated him, watching someone be shot and killed has to have some sort of impact on you.

    Has it been determined if she was there during the murders or at school or what?

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  39. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,645
    I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but after reading her "ask.fm" responses to questions, it kind of hit me. Plus, the pictures of herself looked like she just came home from a party. When she responded to one of the questions (can't remember what it was), she mentioned her dog, mom and brother being killed. The dog was mentioned first. Now, that may mean nothing, but it kind of threw me. I know not everyone handles trauma the same way, but something is smelling fishy to me too.
    Cindy

  40. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,294

  41. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    130
    I saw on HLN yesterday that someone on ask.fm asked if she had been raped and she replied she was not allowed to talk about it. I am assuming sex happened. Whether it was consensual or not (which who knows at this point), is still up in the air. I think this girl is a liar, liar with her pants on fire.

  42. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I can't see getting on the web, answering questions, getting my nails done and all that jazz after being though what she's been through. Maybe she's in shock, I don't know. But it is suspicious. Did they ever say if she'd been raped?
    my friend recently lost her baby daddy. they were together but not officially together. she is heartbroken. he was killed on the way home walking from an event. a lady hit him and didnt report it to the cops. she got caught shortly after and she said she didnt realize what she hit or that she didnt even know if she hit something. i tried to message my friend and let her know that i would be there for her if she wants to chat but she is not ready to talk about it. she is still trying to process it and this almost two weeks ago. yeah my friend plays on fb but she is not all smiles and doesnt want to talk to anyone about it yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    I think she's in on it. Just a matter of time before she slips up and they charge her. I could be wrong and I hope I am. The trips and phone calls say it all. Unless it turns out he called her each time. Then I'm just an ass.
    the warrant says there were 13 calls made between the both of them the day of the murders.
    Last edited by RebelRocker; 08-15-2013 at 02:03 PM.

  43. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    HLN Dr Drew just reported that condoms and letters from hannah were obtained at james dimmagio's place. tonight she made an appearence at a fundraiser.

    this link is from san diego news, it has been updated with new information.
    http://www.10news.com/news/warrant-r...rd-home-081513

  44. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newburgh Indiana
    Posts
    6,861
    Here's a clip of her social media page that was later taken down.. http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...na%20Anderson/
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

    ~Layne Staley


  45. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    453
    I dont understand how they know they were tortured or even why. Assuming that Hannah knows nothing about it...how did he get the woman and her son there alone in enough time to torture them before he picked up hannah? did he pick up hannah? and did he tell hannah that they were tied up in the garage or something and to do what he said or else? and then he set a bomb or something to kill them while they were on their way to Idaho? what's with the used condoms? who did he use them with?

    is it just me or does it seem that the more information we get the more confusing this story is?

  46. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,645
    Between the used condoms and letters from Hannah, it's getting more bizarre. More questions than answers. And the fact that law enforcement isn't saying much has me wondering too. But I guess the investigation will take a while since only one witness is alive.
    Cindy

  47. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newburgh Indiana
    Posts
    6,861
    I think they're onto something or they would have come out and clearly said the girl wasn't involved.. We've seen it with other cases. I think they're gathering evidence and building a case.
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

    ~Layne Staley


  48. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,932
    Agreed Wendy. It's happened plenty of times before. Odd things going on, something just doesn't sit right with me.

  49. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newburgh Indiana
    Posts
    6,861
    And there's more! I just found this article that says they found a DNA test in the mothers car. WTF? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...blic-time.html

    Make's me wonder if Hanna's mom tested some used condoms and confronted the family friend with what she found and maybe that's why they were killed?
    Last edited by Wendy A.; 08-16-2013 at 09:38 AM.
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

    ~Layne Staley


  50. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I think they're onto something or they would have come out and clearly said the girl wasn't involved.. We've seen it with other cases. I think they're gathering evidence and building a case.
    but the thing is they HAVE said it. I've seen it several times on the news with officials and police saying she was in NO way involved. so are they saying that so she'll relax and think she's safe or do they believe it? there are just more questions than answers imo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •