Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 291011

Thread: James DiMaggio and the Anderson family

Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    Seems Hannah has been quiet for a full month an the person releasing this info has a book due out on the case and needs to keep attention focused on sales. Suppose Hannah is no more than she seems; a stupid immature brat. The lies and inconsistencies in her story could be no more than a desire to please along with a bit of natural survivor's guilt.
    This. She has always struck me as unremarkable. I honestly feel like this story has been over for a while now, although it is interesting to read what people post about her.

Wendy A. Guest
    So I guess that's that?! There's been no news (that I've been able to find) so I guess Jodi jr gets away with murder?

Maybe maybe not. They could wait a very long time before bringing charges.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Wendy A. Guest
    I hope not. It's just gotten so quiet about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    So I guess that's that?! There's been no news (that I've been able to find) so I guess Jodi jr gets away with murder?
    That, or she's not being charged because she's innocent of everything except "grieving wrong".

If she IS going to be charged with something, I would have no idea what the cops are waiting for...

Wendy A. Guest
    More inconsistencies are coming out on Hannah's part.. http://www.cbs8.com/story/25602626/d...ndersons-story and apparently the case is not closed. http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...d-up-in-prison I really wish they'd come on with it already if they're going to.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    More inconsistencies are coming out on Hannah's part.. http://www.cbs8.com/story/25602626/d...ndersons-story and apparently the case is not closed. http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...d-up-in-prison I really wish they'd come on with it already if they're going to.
    The second link is totally confusing. Who is it that's saying the case is "suddenly not closed"?

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    The second link is totally confusing. Who is it that's saying the case is "suddenly not closed"?
    It was, and I'm unsure. I'd like to know as well where they got that info.

Was the checkpoint connected to the crime investigation? If so, why would the police have allowed an older man with a young blond girl through without asking for IDs? His life, at least, could have been saved, and possibly they'd have gotten closer to the truth of this situation..

jsnerch Guest
    It was a border patrol checkpoint, I believe.

This girl is lying. LYING. She knows more than she is admitting.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Wendy A. Guest
    I agree she's full of shit. I wish there was a way (other than going on the article with nothing solid back it up) to see if the case was open or closed.

They need to reopen it, Hannah is guilty.

The girl STILL isn't in jail? At this point, I don't see it happening. How embarrassing would it be, after this long, for investigators to admit they were taken for a ride by a little girl. Maybe now they are more concerned with proving her innocence.

NBC Dateline did a special last night on the Hannah Anderson story and talking to some of the key players in the situation. Hannah was interviewed. She detailed how she was aware of James DiMaggio had a "weird crush" on her but she did not tell her parents as she did not want to ruin their close friendship with DiMaggio. She also said that on the day of the murders of her mom, brother, and dog that Dimaggio gave her Ambien that knocked her out while the mayhem was going on. She awoke at a later point but was not told of the murders by DiMaggio. DiMaggio's sister was on the show but did not comment directly on Hannah and just repeated her plea that she wants the truth about her brother and the incident. Also, towards the end, a couple of investigators said that there was no forensic evidence at the murder scenes to indicate that Hannah was there. There was mention of the social media "backlash" against Hannah after the funerals but it was mostly told from the view that Hannah was "victimized" by social media. I don't know what to believe except that a year after the murders, she seemed remarkably poised and emotionally distant from the situation.

I never saw any reason to think she was in on it. But if she was, she got away with it. They're not gonna charge her a year later.

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sierrarose View Post
    NBC Dateline did a special last night on the Hannah Anderson story and talking to some of the key players in the situation. Hannah was interviewed. She detailed how she was aware of James DiMaggio had a "weird crush" on her but she did not tell her parents as she did not want to ruin their close friendship with DiMaggio. She also said that on the day of the murders of her mom, brother, and dog that Dimaggio gave her Ambien that knocked her out while the mayhem was going on. She awoke at a later point but was not told of the murders by DiMaggio. DiMaggio's sister was on the show but did not comment directly on Hannah and just repeated her plea that she wants the truth about her brother and the incident. Also, towards the end, a couple of investigators said that there was no forensic evidence at the murder scenes to indicate that Hannah was there. There was mention of the social media "backlash" against Hannah after the funerals but it was mostly told from the view that Hannah was "victimized" by social media. I don't know what to believe except that a year after the murders, she seemed remarkably poised and emotionally distant from the situation.
    I'm going to look and see if I can find this Dateline episode online. I have waffled on what I think the level of Hannah's involvement actually was. I have finally settled on thinking that she enjoyed & took advantage of DiMaggio's "weird crush" but that she may not have had any involvement in the murders.

Wendy A. Guest
    I'm still thinking she's guilty as sin. Her behavior afterwards, the brace changing legs, what she said when she was found.... (I think WE'RE in trouble!) she had to be in on it. I think she played DiMaggio and the cops like a well tuned guitar.

jsnerch Guest
    I'm watching it right now. Hannah just said that Jim gave her Ambien and told her it was Tylenol. She waited a beat (long enough for me to think, why would he give her Tylenol) and then she said, because I told him I had a headache, like she realized people would wonder why she would take a pill that he gave her.

Mammy Guest
    I still think she's guilty as sin. Nothing says deep grief like walking around a memorial service for your murdered Mom and little brother with a Starbucks drink in your hand and posing with friends for pictures.

Giada Guest
    SDPD headed by Bill Gore found nothing in Hannah's communication with JD to raise suspicion. I suspect she is either extremely immature or has an undiagnosed mental issue (s). She was on Twitter answering questions as soon as she returned home. What kind of parent, (her father), doesn't say no and immediately take her to a therapist.

Haven't heard anything from the authorities on this case for a while. Can we say it's closed at this point?
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Wendy A. Guest
    Probably. How unfortunate.

Yes they can charge her years after if she is found to be involved. The only way they can't charge her is if they arrest her go to trial and she is found not guilty but later evidence was found that she was somehow involved, it would be considered Double Jeopardy

If she ever gets charged, it won't happen while the current Police Chief is in charge. He pegged her as a total victim before she was even found.
    Cindy

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    The little bitch knew about it all.

I agree with you both, Stewart and Buttercup

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    If she ever gets charged, it won't happen while the current Police Chief is in charge. He pegged her as a total victim before she was even found.
    It makes a much more sympathetic case to say the cops shot to death a kidnapper and rescued his "captive" than to admit to killing a dumb fuck who was duped by a sociopathic, drama queen teenage girl who willingly spent time with him with the full blessing of her parents who were probably grateful for her to be torturing someone else with her presence instead of them.

The obligatory Lifetime TV movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4669306/combined
    I wouldn't mind watching it to see how they portray her. (Yeah, yeah, I know, it's just a movie, and as such is highly fictionalized, but still. . . .)

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick SKillet Mayhand View Post
    The obligatory Lifetime TV movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4669306/combined
    I wouldn't mind watching it to see how they portray her. (Yeah, yeah, I know, it's just a movie, and as such is highly fictionalized, but still. . . .)
    It's Lifetime. She's a girl. I'm betting it's very sympathetic and is based on her lies.

You're kiddin me They're made a movie on her?

I'm proud to say that I have never watched any Lifetime movie. And with this bit of news, surprisingly I will continue to not watch any Lifetime movie.

As you were.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    It's Lifetime. She's a girl. I'm betting it's very sympathetic and is based on her lies.
    You left out, she's blonde, (considered to be) pretty, and middle-class. Which all translates to "victim" in the Lifetime playbook.

Something made me think of this case, and I checked to see if I could find any info on Hannah Anderson's current whereabouts.

No luck, but I did see this article about how she and her family were not pleased by the Lifetime movie:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...htmlstory.html

Also, DiMaggio's sister was suing the FBI for the wrongful death of her brother, claiming shooting him was not necessary:

https://fox5sandiego.com/2017/04/28/...d-judge-rules/

I never thought she was guilty of anything, but if she was, she's obviously gotten away with it.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset