Page 1 of 11 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: James DiMaggio and the Anderson family

Wendy A. Guest

James DiMaggio and the Anderson family

This is beyond sad! A close friend to this family killed a mother and possibly her 8 yr old son, and has taken off with her 16 yr old daughter. The father of the girl made an announcement and told his daughter to just run, they'd find her, and begged the abductor to let her go, saying he's taken everything else from him. http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/05/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1 I hope she's alive and able to get free!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    This is beyond sad! A close friend to this family killed a mother and possibly her 8 yr old son, and has taken off with her 16 yr old daughter. The father of the girl made an announcement and told his daughter to just run, they'd find her, and begged the abductor to let her go, saying he's taken everything else from him. http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/05/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1 I hope she's alive and able to get free!
    I was just looking to see if someone had posted about this I hadnt heard about it till I was reading yahoo news when I got to work. How crazy...I guess the guy was friends with the with the mom and offed the mom and little brother to get the 16 year old. wow I hope she's not involved and I hope she's ok. I fear for her if she tries to get away though she'd be better off to go along with him until it's safe. if she were to tell someone who can maybe help her if he has a gun he could kill someone who tries to help her get away from him he sounds pretty desperate to "keep" her. how sad for her dad.

Mammy Guest
    Does the guy really expect to get away with killing two people and taking off with a minor? I hope the girl is found safe, but I'm not really expecting a happy ending. He'll probably kill her and then himself when he realizes he's cornered. It's scary how many evil people there are walking around in the world.

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    Would it not be just a fucked up deal, if the girl was actually one of the weird ones that was instrumental in all of this. Just think back about how many "sweet" little 15-17ish "angels" that have killed their mothers or other family members... That would just make this story just so much more sick, than just some family friend had a "crush" of the 16yr old daughter...C.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrera_3.2 View Post
    Would it not be just a fucked up deal, if the girl was actually one of the weird ones that was instrumental in all of this. Just think back about how many "sweet" little 15-17ish "angels" that have killed their mothers or other family members... That would just make this story just so much more sick, than just some family friend had a "crush" of the 16yr old daughter...C.
    I hope that's not the case, but I'm sure it's a possibility. There have been several cases that turned out that way.

It's sick. He definitely had "romantic" feelings for the 16 year old girl. I pray the kids will come out safe, but this sicko needs to die a horrible death.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

It's now presumed the little boy's dead. They found a body, matching his size, and age range, in the rubble. They're just going to do DNA to confirm. This whole thing is just odd. The man had romantic feelings for the girl, she knew it, did nothing about it, and even said he was going to take her to Hollywood, for her birthday. If she's so "creeped out" by him, why did she agree to take a trip, alone with him. Also, I know her mom's dead, but why was she allowing her daughter to be constantly left alone with this weirdo?

I got an Amber Alert on my phone about this earlier. Odd since I don't live anywhere near there. The only reason I can think of for this is it's possible he was spotted heading north. As in waaaay north, across state lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    It's now presumed the little boy's dead. They found a body, matching his size, and age range, in the rubble. They're just going to do DNA to confirm. This whole thing is just odd. The man had romantic feelings for the girl, she knew it, did nothing about it, and even said he was going to take her to Hollywood, for her birthday. If she's so "creeped out" by him, why did she agree to take a trip, alone with him. Also, I know her mom's dead, but why was she allowing her daughter to be constantly left alone with this weirdo?
    some family friend said he had confessed to the girl he had a crush on her and it creeped her out. maybe the mom didnt know about the crush thing? I hadnt heard about the trip to hollywood...when did that occur? maybe he told her after the trip?

no way I'm letting my 16 year old go off with some man who's not her father/grandfather or my brother. family friend or not.

Wendy A. Guest
    Hopefully they catch him and the 16 yr old is still alive. As far as the man making those advances towards her, she's young, and probably didn't know how to handle it, she may not have mentioned it to her parents as not wanting to cause friction with them and the family friend. She probably thought he had no chance in hell, and just let it go.

Rhonda Guest
    Amber Alerts here in Oregon and up in Washington. Sounds like the psycho is heading north....

Here's the info about the kidnapper and the trip to Hollywood:
    http://thesop.org/story/20130808/did-james-lee-dimaggio-cook-up-his-crazy-scheme-after-his-troubled-trip-to-hollywood-with-hannah-anderson.html

He could have explosives..

(CBS/AP) LAKESIDE, Calif. - Authorities say James DiMaggio, a man suspected of abducting a 16-year-old Southern California girl and her younger brother, might be armed with homemade explosives.
    San Diego County Sheriff's Capt. Duncan Fraser said Thursday that evidence recovered at DiMaggio's home east of San Diego suggests he might have fled with explosives.
    The search for Hannah Anderson and her younger brother Ethan has reached four Western states, Canada and Mexico. The FBI and various state and local law enforcement agencies are assisting.
    Fraser says it's possible the 40-year-old DiMaggio was infatuated with the girl. Her mother, 42-year-old Christina Anderson, was found dead at DiMaggio's burning home near a dead child who might be the girl's younger brother.
    Oregon state police said there was a possible sighting of DiMaggio's blue Nissan Versa in northeast California near Alturas on Wednesday, followed by another possible sighting about 50 miles along the same highway near Lakeview, in south-central Oregon.
    Also Wednesday, a friend of Hannah Anderson said DiMaggio told Hannah he had a crush on her and would date her if they were the same age.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...thorities-say/

Logic and pessimism both tell me that there's no way this could possibly end well, so I will be praying for a miracle so Hannah can escape.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

MistressDrusilla Guest
    Hey guys, my boyfriend worked with Hannah’s father for many years and has set up this page to help with donations so that we can find Hannah and get her back home safely. Please, please, please, please help if you can. Even just sharing this page will get the word out.

I promise you that this is completely legit and that every penny will go directly to Hannah’s father. We are looking into how to make this an official charity, but until then we wanted to help out as best we can as fast as we can given the circumstances. Also, if anyone knows how we can make this an official charity, PLEASE let me know. Any advice is helpful and we want to make sure that people know that this is for the family and no one else.

Apologies if this isn't allowed, but we are just trying to help in any way we can.

Thanks so much.
    Last edited by cindyt; 08-08-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Donation link removed

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    Amber Alerts here in Oregon and up in Washington. Sounds like the psycho is heading north....
    Yep. I just saw a story on the news about this with the latest details. It said there've been sightings in both Alturas and Lakeview. So thay explains it. They also said law enforcement feels the man is headed to Canada with the girl. Yeah, he's so delusional as to think once there he'll be home free, people who know him say. Delusional strike two? He is apparently "so in love" with the girl that he's never hurt her. This fucked up sentiment of his was also verified by the girl's family who also just said so on the news.

I just hope the snake doesn't turn on her.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I just hope the snake doesn't turn on her.
    honestly I feel the best thing she could do is play along with it until she knows she can get away without a shadow of a doubt. I hope she has the strength to do what she needs to do to keep herself safe especially if she knows about her mother and brother which I suspect she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    honestly I feel the best thing she could do is play along with it until she knows she can get away without a shadow of a doubt. I hope she has the strength to do what she needs to do to keep herself safe especially if she knows about her mother and brother which I suspect she does.
    I'll bet if she is still alive that is what she is doing. Playing along.

Mammy Guest
    I would imagine this guy is keeping up with media reports to see if the authorities are closing in on him. I hope he doesn't start feeling cornered, get desperate, and kill the girl and then himself. He's in too deep to just let her go unless he releases her and kills himself soon afterwards. Escaping is probably her best hope for survival, but I'm sure she is scared out of her wits and he's keeping a close eye on her. I feel so sorry for the Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I would imagine this guy is keeping up with media reports to see if the authorities are closing in on him. I hope he doesn't start feeling cornered, get desperate, and kill the girl and then himself. He's in too deep to just let her go unless he releases her and kills himself soon afterwards. Escaping is probably her best hope for survival, but I'm sure she is scared out of her wits and he's keeping a close eye on her. I feel so sorry for the Dad.
    she's going to have to get him to trust her that she wont run away enough that he will leave her a clear exit. I fear the same that he will feel cornered and 'take her with him' I feel badly for the dad as well everything changed in his whole world in a split second and he has no control over it. so scary.

Mammy Guest
    Yes, the Dad has already lost his wife and son and has no idea whether he will ever see his daughter alive again. All of this by a guy who was considered a family friend. I think it would be hard for the girl to convince her kidnapper that she can be trusted not to run away, unless she is with him willingly and is a part of what happened. I've seen no indication of that though.

SAN DIEGO (AP) — A car belonging to the suspect in the disappearance of a teenage girl in California has been found in Idaho, authorities said on Friday.
    San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore also said that horseback riders reported seeing two people matching the description of the suspect and girl in the Cascade area 70 miles northeast of Boise on Wednesday.
    Authorities throughout the West have been looking for 16-year-old Hannah Anderson and family friend James Lee DiMaggio since the bodies of the girl's mother and an unidentified child were found Sunday at DiMaggio's burned home east of San Diego.
    The unidentified body may be that of Hannah's missing little brother.
    Authorities have said the 40-year-old DiMaggio had what they term an "unusual infatuation" with the 16-year-old.
    Police previously warned that the car may have been abandoned and rigged with explosives. Evidence found in the rubble suggested DiMaggio may have fled with homemade explosives.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/polic...ar-search-teen

Glad they are getting closer to finding them, but still worried that it may not end well. Looks like he's been planning this for a long time.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Glad they are getting closer to finding them, but still worried that it may not end well. Looks like he's been planning this for a long time.
    Yep. I don't like the added instability of homemade explosives, either. He might have a detonator in his pocket or something...I wonder if he might also have strapped some of the explosives to her body (so that, if she tried to run away, he could just press a button). I have no idea what's possible - am not an explosives expert - but it would also suck if something blew up accidentally. Well...this whole thing just sucks, all around.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Quote Originally Posted by glowegal View Post
    I guess we all knew that, but it's still sad to have it confirmed.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

This is making my skin crawl more and more.

Right in my backyard. This a-hole (DiMaggio) should be drawn and quartered.

Part of me wonders why the mother let this guy around her 16 year old daughter but then I realized that I am nearly 40 and my friends let me around their teens and there is nothing weird about it. The guy was a fucking nutcase. I am not (at least not in the sense that I am attracted to any 16 year olds). What a sad case. I hope they are able to rescue this girl. She must be scared to death. Though I can't imagine what his end plan was.. he's already gone too far, how was he planning this to end?

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Part of me wonders why the mother let this guy around her 16 year old daughter but then I realized that I am nearly 40 and my friends let me around their teens and there is nothing weird about it. The guy was a fucking nutcase. I am not (at least not in the sense that I am attracted to any 16 year olds). What a sad case. I hope they are able to rescue this girl. She must be scared to death. Though I can't imagine what his end plan was.. he's already gone too far, how was he planning this to end?
    I totally agree with what you're saying... I think the the mother in me would have sensed that my dear friend was nuttier than Cooter Brown and had a fancy for my daughter and woulda just stopped going around him. It sounds like they all knew he liked her and did nothing but continued to take her around him. I'm not a religious person, but this story reminds me of that old biblical saying about how the children pay the price for the parents sins.... in this case it would be the children paying the price for the parents negligence and stupidity.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I totally agree with what you're saying... I think the the mother in me would have sensed that my dear friend was nuttier than Cooter Brown and had a fancy for my daughter and woulda just stopped going around him. It sounds like they all knew he liked her and did nothing but continued to take her around him. I'm not a religious person, but this story reminds me of that old biblical saying about how the children pay the price for the parents sins.... in this case it would be the children paying the price for the parents negligence and stupidity.
    I agree with you, but the Mom paid an awful price, too, along with her son. No matter how weird a person seems, nobody wants to believe someone who they consider a friend would murder them, their son, and kidnap their daughter. I wonder how she met this guy and how long he had been a "family friend?"

He's been shot by the FBI, she's safe. Thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    He's been shot by the FBI, she's safe. Thank God.

Thank God +2!
    Cindy

1karenhb Guest
    Thank God 3peat. I'm glad he is dead. She won't have to deal going through a trial and him possibly getting out one day. Does make you wonder though that she gave no sign she was in trouble to the people on horseback.
    Last edited by 1karenhb; 08-10-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Mammy Guest
    Suicide by cop, I guess.

So glad to hear this good news! That poor girl. At least they killed the piece of garbage and we don't have to go through a long drawn out trial hearing about all his rights.

Great news. I can only hope that he hasn't raped this poor girl. She's already had her whole life torn apart.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Wendy A. Guest
    So glad she's safe! Poor girls been through hell!

FBI puts a cap in DiMaggio's ass. Good. Very good.

"River of No Return Wilderness"...an aptly-named place. Glad nothing exploded, relieved the girl made it through alive, and happy the guy was taken out. Much better and quicker outcome than I was expecting.

I see a book coming out soon, either by her, or her dad, or someone else about everything.

I can't believer he did not kill her in the end. So glad she is safe, hope she makes a full recovery with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    I can't believer he did not kill her in the end. So glad she is safe, hope she makes a full recovery with time.
    I thought that too. But I am wondering if the FBI, fearing what he may do in the end, just got him with a sharpshooter. They spotted both of them, and just took him down before he had a chance to hurt her or know he was spotted. He already killed two, and probably didn't want to let him try for three. Just a theory.

Hope they release details how they got him soon. Seems they found him fairly quickly after he was reported in Idaho.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 08-11-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    Cindy

They spotted their campfire from the air - which is how they found them. While I'm glad that POS is dead for what he did, I can't help but wonder if the teenage girl went along with him because she liked him - and maybe it was consensual between them? Just thinking here...

A friend of Hannah's was interviewed and stated that Hannah was a little creeped out by him, and didn't like to be alone with him after he confessed that he had a crush on her. But Hannah never told her mom about it (according to her friend, she didn't want to cause a problem with the parents friendship with DiMaggio). She was always asking her friend to be around when he was with her. So Hannah's friend believes she didn't leave with him freely.
    Cindy

He had already proved himself too dangerous to be given a chance. Any attempt to arrest or negotiate would have resulted in that poor young lady's death. Kudos to all the LEO involved.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

"Christiana Anderson [Hannahâ??s mother] died of blunt force trauma and may have been hit with a crowbar, a source close to the investigation told The Times."

Sickening.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...,5932770.story

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    It seems that some reports are putting this girl in somewhat of a cast of being an accomplice and not really a hostage. I am sure that more details will be coming out about this. C.