Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: James DiMaggio and the Anderson family

Mammy Guest
    Did anyone also notice that she had eye makeup on and nary a smear or smudge from crying anywhere? I learned a long time ago not to wear makeup to the funeral home because all of the crying leaves streaks of makeup running down my face and I look like a melting Halloween mask. Whether or not she had anything to do with what happened to her Mom and brother, does she not care at all that they were murdered and gone forever?

Quote Originally Posted by jsnerch View Post
    In the first picture, she looks like she has an exaggerated sad face.

In the second picture she just looks like she's up to something.

And the Frappucino at the memorial service- just no.
    I would never attend a funeral or a memorial service with a drink in my hand, especially if it was a close family member. Seriously? To me it speaks to her state of mind. It's like it's a casual event she's going to. It does just seem wrong and even tacky to be carrying around a drink while in a church for the memorial service of your mother and brother.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Mammy Guest
    I don't understand why her Dad isn't doing anything about her inappropriate behavior. If I was walking around a memorial service with a drink in my hand, my Mom would still scold me even though I am forty five years old. Maybe the girl truly doesn't know any better or hasn't been to many memorials, but the Dad surely knows better. She shouldn't be doing interviews or online chats either.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I don't understand why her Dad isn't doing anything about her inappropriate behavior. If I was walking around a memorial service with a drink in my hand, my Mom would still scold me even though I am forty five years old. Maybe the girl truly doesn't know any better or hasn't been to many memorials, but the Dad surely knows better. She shouldn't be doing interviews or online chats either.
    Dad may be outta his mind right now. I'm sure I would be. But yeah, someone in the family needs to do something with her. That pouty look she had in that one photo deserved a nice slap in the face.

The father's lack of oversight might be how she ended up being how she is in the first place. This girl certainly doesn't appear to be grieving at all.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

I am watching it , she isn't even crying but the lady walking out with the father is sobbing her eyes out, I am WTF, if that was my mom and little brother I would be devastated. My brother has been dead for years and I still cry for him. At his funeral I couldn't stop crying. I didn't want to eat I didn't want to drink anything either.

She had the drink during the service? Very strange to me. My ex showed up at my Dad's viewing with his wife (during family viewing I may add) and she had a large styrofoam cup she was sucking on the whole time. I just think it is rude to drink in the parlor and very rude to drink during the service.

This story is so odd, I don't know what to think.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    I would never attend a funeral or a memorial service with a drink in my hand, especially if it was a close family member. Seriously? To me it speaks to her state of mind. It's like it's a casual event she's going to. It does just seem wrong and even tacky to be carrying around a drink while in a church for the memorial service of your mother and brother.
    When my aunt died I showed up at the memorial with a case of Coke Classic, and I drank one, too. And my aunt was like a sister to me. I too feel as if something isn't right about this case, but this girl is a teenager and teenagers don't always act normal. When my grandmother had a wreck taking Baby to ride in a parade, Baby goes "Arg! Now I'll miss my parade!" Cold.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    The father's lack of oversight might be how she ended up being how she is in the first place. This girl certainly doesn't appear to be grieving at all.
    Agreed. It would be interesting if she had a family lawyer to advise her on her publicized appearances and social media usage. I wonder if she'll bring cans of Silly String to the graves on their birthdays. Sorry to b so dark; I realize she hasn't been tried and convicted except in the court of public opinion, but her behavior is striking the wrong nerve.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Is there any ongoing investigation? The person the police thought was the person of interest has been killed, so from their or a prosecutor's point of view, is there anything really to investigate?

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    When my aunt died I showed up at the memorial with a case of Coke Classic, and I drank one, too. And my aunt was like a sister to me. I too feel as if something isn't right about this case, but this girl is a teenager and teenagers don't always act normal. When my grandmother had a wreck taking Baby to ride in a parade, Baby goes "Arg! Now I'll miss my parade!" Cold.
    ^^^^This. I also feel her behavior has been somewhat odd, but I'm not sure having a drink in her hand or not crying in public are evidence of anything nefarious. Seems like a bit of a reach to me.

Here is her recent reading list:
    http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1...annah-anderson
    She liked The Giver (its in preproduction right now).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giver

The plotline of Walk Two Moons has the teenage girl protagonist traveling to Idaho with a deadline of Aug 20 in a transformative journey in which she comes to terms with her mothers death.

The second time the horseback riders came across Hannah and Joe Hannah was heard to say Looks like were all in trouble now or something similar.
    http://fox6now.com/2013/08/11/horseb...nderson-speak/

Heres the search warrant reports:
    http://freepdfhosting.com/d50a728a97.pdf
    They recovered a DNA swab kit from the property.

DiMaggios sister Lora Robinson -the one requesting the DNA tests - was married to Berry Robinson son of singer Smokey Robinson.
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...kidnap-murder/

Any body able to find a copy of Hannahs birth certificate?

Why was she wearing a kneebrace at the fundraising carwash days after her rescue?

Yeah I know these are random and incoherent points just thought they were interesting.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

thescreensiren Guest
    Part of me just wonders if she is indeed innocent of any "wrongdoing" perse, and just has an extremely unhappy family history. Perhaps she is so starved for attention, that this 15 minutes of "fame" is being soaked up to the core? It seems that way to me by the social media posts.

I'm pretty bowled over by the drink in hand at the service, though. I've lost quite a few family members throughout the years - theirs deaths were not even close to being as horrific and sudden as this case, and I was still a wreck. I know people grieve differently, but this "different" seems so, so odd!

thescreensiren Guest
    Here's another pic taken at the funeral...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

thescreensiren Guest
    Throwing up "gun signs" in pictures AT THE FUNERAL, selfies taken at a slumber party the night before the funeral...just keeps getting worse!

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thescreensiren View Post
    Here's another pic taken at the funeral...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    I don't even know what to say about that picture! I'm just shaking my head in disbelief.

The gun signs in the picture could also be one love. It's a fairly common hand gesture amongst teens. It's actually a gang sign but many teens use it innocently. Either way her behavior is still odd.

Wendy A. Guest
    I don't even know what to say about that picture! I'm just shaking my head in disbelief.
    Me too! Did you catch any of the comments for that pic? People are in disbelief!

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    Me too! Did you catch any of the comments for that pic? People are in disbelief!
    Yes, I read every one of the comments. That girl blows my mind. Her little pal posing wearing a rock t-shirt and skinny jeans to a funeral is pretty disrespectful, too. Were they raised by wolves?

Wendy A. Guest
    Yes, I read every one of the comments. That girl blows my mind. Her little pal posing wearing a rock t-shirt and skinny jeans to a funeral is pretty disrespectful, too. Were they raised by wolves?
    I know! It makes you wonder. I hate to say it, but after reading some of the stuff Ich posted where the guys on the horses overheard her say something like "We're in trouble now" I can't help but think this girl is involved. If it all comes out, (and I hope it does) she'll be ranked up there with Jodi Arius and sociopaths like her. She's desplaying common behavior of a sociopath.

Mammy Guest
    I don't believe she was kidnapped. I think she was having mommy issues and knew this guy had the hots for her and took advantage of that. It's not too hard to buy a teenager's loyalty if you say the right things and buy stuff for them. The guy obviously did some horrible things, but I believe she was also in on it and is soaking up the attention she is getting now. If for whatever reason she didn't give a shit about her Mom, brother, and a dog being murdered, it didn't disturb her to see her "family friend" get shot in the head?

Wendy A. Guest
    I know, you would have thought she would be mourning for someone, her brother her dog someone? I don't think she was kidnapped either. Why else would she make that comment about being in trouble? I wonder if the athorities are buying someone bullshit and think she was taken advantage of by an older man or something? Seems too look like she played Uncle Jim for the fool.

Mammy Guest
    I don't see how the authorities couldn't be suspicious of her, or her Dad and extended family either for that matter. The girl is digging her own hole since she can't keep her mouth shut and has had many inconsistencies. If she went on about her life in private instead of doing interviews and online chats, I doubt if another word would have been said and the case would be considered closed with the death of her "kidnapper." She's drawn to the media attention and notoriety like a moth to a flame and hopefully it will soon bite her on the ass.

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    The second time the horseback riders came across Hannah and Joe Hannah was heard to say Looks like were all in trouble now or something similar.
    http://fox6now.com/2013/08/11/horseb...nderson-speak/

Heres the search warrant reports:
    http://freepdfhosting.com/d50a728a97.pdf
    They recovered a DNA swab kit from the property.

DiMaggios sister Lora Robinson -the one requesting the DNA tests - was married to Berry Robinson son of singer Smokey Robinson.
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...kidnap-murder/

Any body able to find a copy of Hannahs birth certificate?

Why was she wearing a kneebrace at the fundraising carwash days after her rescue?

Yeah I know these are random and incoherent points just thought they were interesting.
    the sister can request a dna sample but it is not going to change anything when it comes to the grandmother getting the insurance money. as for the birth certificate i dont think its available online without paying.

thescreensiren Guest
    Speaking of the sister...

I was out shopping tonight and this interview was playing on one of the store TV's!

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/201...-shes-trouble/

Wendy A. Guest
    anybody see this? https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hanna...85079271542465 I guess the pics were taken after all this happened?

Hannah Anderson should change her name to Hannah Idaho. Myleys public attention whoring is much less entertaining.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

thescreensiren Guest
    anybody see this? https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hanna...85079271542465 I guess the pics were taken after all this happened?
    The stuff being posted on Facebook is seriously interesting! Who knows if it's being photoshopped - but one Instagram pic was posted on Facebook from a few months back, when Hannah took a trip with DiMaggio. A friend commented on her post with "Have fun getting sleazy with your uncle!", or something to that effect.

https://www.facebook.com/prayingforhannah

There are a lot of people on there doing "sleuthing", and peppering the page with Instagram photos before/after the tragedy as well as other online postings. Apparently quite a few of them are convinced that Hannah has also created a few fake accounts to go after people questioning her involvement in the case.

Makes me wonder if law enforcement is actually monitoring all this stuff as well. It just blows my mind! Sociopathic behavior just really interests me.

tarsier Guest
    I'm sure she's just practicing for the reality program she's sure she will be offered; anyone planning to watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by thescreensiren View Post
    Speaking of the sister...

I was out shopping tonight and this interview was playing on one of the store TV's!

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/201...-shes-trouble/

Finally, someone is speaking about the "elephant in the room". The sister is obvious bias here, and maybe in denial, but she said what a lot of people are thinking.

That FB page is pretty interesting. It says that Hannah's cheerleading practice was Aug 3rd, not 4th. Wonder if that is right?
    Cindy

Wendy A. Guest
    You can look at news article that allows comments, and it's just like this thread. Everybody is suspicious of her and thinks she's involved. Her behavior, the lack of info as in why arn't the cops looking at this and everything.

saw this morning that the sister dropped the request for DNA samples of Hannah...apparently her brother didnt meet the mom OR dad till 6 months into Hannah's mothers pregnancy. Sister still wants the proof that her brother killed them.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/f...s-dna-20089361

RebelRocker Guest
    You can look at news article that allows comments, and it's just like this thread. Everybody is suspicious of her and thinks she's involved. Her behavior, the lack of info as in why arn't the cops looking at this and everything.

i believe the cops are still looking into this case. with the sister wanting proof her brother killed the mother and brother i think they will investiagte everything.

They're probably giving Hannah the extra rope to hang herself. Without evidence it would be foolish to point the finger. As long as she thinks she's in the clear she's more likely to make a big slip. Young people talk. Maybe they're waiting and hoping she'll confess to a friend or something.

Wendy A. Guest
    What's that saying? A penny for your thoughts? I'd LOVE to know what's going on her that little head of hers!
    Did ya'll see her daddy quit his job and decided not to relocate Hannah to TN? He now thinks it's best to keep her in California. She probably threw a massive fit and daddy caved.

I hope ya'll are right about them investigating and giving her rope. There's something up with this girl.

PurrPurr Guest
    I just want to slap both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Finally, someone is speaking about the "elephant in the room". The sister is obvious bias here, and maybe in denial, but she said what a lot of people are thinking.

That FB page is pretty interesting. It says that Hannah's cheerleading practice was Aug 3rd, not 4th. Wonder if that is right?
    His sister is lying in parts of her story, watch her eyes, slide and she closes her eyes a few times. towards the end of her statement she looks to the right a few times.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 08-28-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Those pictures are very disturbing. Apparently she had a sleep over with friends the night of the funeral and didn't seem phased in the least. I know some people are defending her actions by saying she's sixteen and everyone grieves in their own way, but come on! Scott Peterson, Jodi Arias, Diane Downs, Darlie Routier...their odd grieving was one of the first real clues that they were guilty. Posing for goofy pictures at your murdered mother and brothers funerals is never appropriate. Not to mention the photo she posted of herself and a date at the funeral with the caption Mancrush Monday. It boggles my mind. Something is definitely off.
    Last edited by PrincessPoe; 08-28-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    I just want to slap both of them.
    Yep. Even if Hannah is innocent (ugh...just that word is being redefined a la Clinton...it depends on what your meaning of the word "is" is...bleh), it's still upsetting to see how shameless, clueless, and public America's teens are about basically everything. It might not be such a bad thing to bring back some shame. Back in the day (cough), hell, even my friends' parents would get in my face if I was doing something stupid or dangerous (often *both* stupid AND dangerous). Pissed me off, but they were right.

Saw DiMaggio's sister on Piers Morgan, and she really put it out there - she's confident that Hannah is a co-conspirator and/or involved in the deaths of Hannah's mother and brother. It was a very uncomfortable interview to watch, but probably no less comfortable than all the Hannah we're getting shoved in our faces.

I can say it is true that "kids today" grieve a bit differently, in terms of having their friends hang out with them at the funeral home, etc. The few (heartbreaking) examples I've had to witness lately have seemed healthy and in context: grieving is personal and subjective, but it's also a societal occasion in which certain manners ought to be maintained and respected (much like a wedding, a baptism, etc.), IMO. My 44-year-old friend died after almost kicking cancer's ass about five times. I love her kids to death, and they were so sweet at the funeral...I was trying not to bawl like a baby...and they were comforting me and so sad to see me as sad as I was. Their little friends were hanging around them (middle-school-age), but not in a weird way. They sure as hell were not wearing inappropriate clothing or throwing up finger signs for selfies to post on FB. My friend did an amazing job raising her kids. Anyway, enough OT...I just wish there were 100 of my friend's kids for every 1 of what Hannah Anderson appears to be: standing on her entitlement-based right to be a self-centered brat and doing zero in consideration of her family.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Everyone does grieve differently. The problem I see is she's just not grieving at all. If she is then she certainly grieves in a celebratory manner.

Everyone does grieve differently. The problem I see is she's just not grieving at all. If she is then she certainly grieves in a celebratory manner.
    Good point! No one has posted a single photo or video of her crying, right?
    Even if it wasn't a surprise to Hannah - maybe she knew DiMaggio's plan, even if she didn't ask him to kill them or participate in the planning of it - it still might cause a few tears, right? Unless she's a sociopath...

Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    Good point! No one has posted a single photo or video of her crying, right?
    Even if it wasn't a surprise to Hannah - maybe she knew DiMaggio's plan, even if she didn't ask him to kill them or participate in the planning of it - it still might cause a few tears, right? Unless she's a sociopath...
    The only time I have seen her cry, was the Today Show interview.
    Cindy

That's a much more gracious way to put it than I was about to ("Bitch be trippin'")!!
    Last edited by TaupinJohn; 08-28-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: momentary lapse of... sense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    That's a much more gracious way to put it than I was about to ("Bitch be trippin'")!!
    Yesssss!!! TJ in the house!!!

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    Yesssss!!! TJ in the house!!!
    I second that emotion!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I would like to know why that she did not know that anyone was looking for her. Now when she was gone, she claimed she didn't know about the murders. So, this suggests to me, that her family knew she was going on this trip, so why would anyone look for her? Plus, and again, why are they both at the Mexico border at midnight?
    I'm a little late responding to this, but they were photographed at a highway checkpoint, not at the Mexican border. There are checkpoints on many highways near the border, I had to stop at one on I-10 in New Mexico years ago.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/nat...ethan-anderson

"DiMaggio was spotted on a Border Patrol surveillance camera about 20 hours before his home went up in flames on Aug. 4. He was seen inside his Nissan Versa with Hannah at a westbound highway checkpoint."

Wendy A. Guest
    Sounds like the sheriff's department totally dropped the ball on this one! http://www.cbs8.com/story/23283594/m...idnapping-case

Sounds like the sheriff's department totally dropped the ball on this one! http://www.cbs8.com/story/23283594/m...idnapping-case
    Dropped the ball alright. Really thought the FBI would do the investigation since he crossed state lines.

Didn't know that Hannah's phone was in the house.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 08-29-2013 at 04:05 AM.
    Cindy

Acting on limited information about the Anderson murders and the kidnapping, Hannah came out alive and the alleged perpetrator was killed. What initially looked like a relief and a success is now seen as a cover-up or screw-up. Thanks to Hannah's behavior (and how this "case" has been slammed shut with several unanswered questions), future kidnapping victims may be scrutinized for signs of complicity. What a disservice. We can speculate, but for now it's to no avail. Authorities won't even comment on the condom DNA (not that it would prove consensual sex - a skilled defense lawyer could present reasonable doubt) or content of notes left behind (motive?...why not just kidnap & run without murdering a little boy?!). The perfect crime? No, but it's perfect for Hannah that DiMaggio can no longer speak for himself. We're supposed to trust the authorities on this one and leave it alone...easier said than done.

50. 08-29-2013, 05:42 AM

For someone claiming to be "innocent", she sure the hell ain't acting like it...