Thread: Bradley Manning

Bradley Manning

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I haven't read enough to form an opinion of this whole fiasco yet, but it certainly seems to be a fiasco. There was a good article about it in Rolling Stone. I have a feeling that kid is going away forever.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Yea he will spend a lot of time in prison, I do believe.

I think he is going away for a very long time. Whether you like your countries policies or not, you don't kiss and tell. That is treason, and that can get your neck stretched.

Same same for the other bloke in Russia.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Remember Private Eddie Slovik.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I don't know what he and Snowden were thinking. I understand their need to supposedly inform the American public, but I don't know that they were smart enough to realize the consequences of their actions.

I look for this cat to commit suicide. Maybe after a full trial. He has a history of mental distress and he's gonna take some serious abuse because of his offenses. He's also a tiny little fella.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Joee Guest
    Lots of questions on this one, especially at his supervisory level. It's clear he should have been attrited at basic training, and almost was. Then you take someone who was scheduled for discharge from recruit training, recycle him so he completes, and then put him in a position handling sensitive documents and message traffic? When you start showing signs of psychological stress you should be removed from handling classified material immediately. My question is: where were his leaders during this debacle? Despite the many jokes to the contrary,the Army usually gets it right and is a great organization, but they screwed the pooch on this one.
    As for Manning, let him serve out his sentence in Quantico; it's good enough for the brig rats in the Corps and they'll keep him from offing himself.

Well he didn't get the Death Penalty today.
    So he has that going for him.

I hope the judge sentences him to time served.

He could still be facing up to 120 years for the other charges that he was convicted of. I'm sure he won't get 120 years, but I also don't think he'll be seeing the light of day in his lifetime. Good riddence, I say.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Jacksmum Guest
    Judge just handed him a 35 year sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    Judge just handed him a 35 year sentence.
    A LOT lighter than I anticipated. However, a year in a military prison is worth 5 in a civilian prison. Hard time for sure.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

He will be out in a short time. He only has to serve 8 years before being up for parole and he gets credit for time served. Once the many lawsuits make it through the courts concerning the governments actions it will be obvious that what he helped expose was unconstitutional actions of the government and he will be released.

He got off light for a treasonous act during wartime.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Jacksmum Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I always thought treason carried a death sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Hence the problem. The government's never ending war.

All the same, he was found innocent of that.

And Zimmerman was cleared of killing Martin. Every court's a roll of the dice.

He is saying he is transgender and is asking for hormone therapy and a sex change operation. I don't think I would have made that statement if I were getting ready to go into a military prison, considering she is already going to have a hard time given her offense. I am afraid she is asking for more trouble than she will know what to do with. Also, she is petite which will already make her a target.

On a side note, I don't believe that I, as a taxpayer, should have to foot the bill for hormone therapy or an operation. Sheesh!
    I mean, they say you die twice.
    One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.

Banksy

This fucker can have whatever operation he/she wants when he/she can pay for it. And I agree being 5 feet tall and scrawny isn't gonna be much fun. On the other hand it might work to his/her advantage if someone with pull is looking for a wife.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Yeah, I am so pissed about this - He did commit treason by leaking/selling govt secrets especially during war time! Who the heck does this little runt think he is? Now he wants that same govt to pay for his "sexual identity treatment." That is total BS. He is a complete INSULT to all the brave soldiers over the course of history who have died for their country. If any soldier's death can be in any way linked to his wanton act of treason, he should be charged with murder. 35 years is nothing; he's getting off extremely lightly. I'm not sure which pisses me off more, this or the debacle going on down at Ft Hood. Take that SOB out and make him a martyr. I have no problem with that; I think he'll find that his 7 virgins in Hell won't be what he was expecting. And if they ever get Snowden back, put him in with Manning. We are at war people, whether I agree with it or not; we have KIDS every day getting killed overseas in a volunteer military! Others coming back with horrible injuries, and these little pansies come along and wangle their little peepees to show what big men they are. AARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    Yeah, I am so pissed about this - He did commit treason by leaking/selling govt secrets especially during war time!
    He was found innocent. We had a trial. The evidence was presented and he was found innocent.

Now we have the NSA admitting that they ignored the laws and actually went ahead even though they knew they were committing illegal actions. What happens to them? Nothing.

Some National Security Agency analysts deliberately ignored restrictions on their authority to spy on Americans multiple times in the past decade, contradicting Obama administration officials’ and lawmakers’ statements that no willful violations occurred.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ple-times.html

They are already calling him her on wiki and it's locked down.

Just hope all the best for her.

hospitalized after reported suicide attempt

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...e-attempt.html

She is on Obama's short list of pardons.

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama...manning-2017-1
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    She is on Obama's short list of pardons.

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama...manning-2017-1
    That is good news.

Obama has commuted his/her sentence

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/u...-sentence.html

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post

Happy for her but, Julian Assange is a asshole.
    Who should be in prison today.

She's a transwoman. The correct pronoun is "her". Just an FYI in case you weren't sure. This is good news for her though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    She's a transwoman. The correct pronoun is "her". Just an FYI in case you weren't sure. This is good news for her though.
    Interesting, I didn't know there were rules on this. Who makes the rules anyways?

Anyway, 30 years seemed too long and 7 seems too short. A good 10 seemed to me about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Interesting, I didn't know there were rules on this. Who makes the rules anyways?

Anyway, 30 years seemed too long and 7 seems too short. A good 10 seemed to me about right.
    Transgender people do. I mean she is a trans woman. She considers herself a woman so she wouldn't want to be called "he". Most people aren't aware. Just letting you know. That's all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ktkatinmn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Transgender people do. I mean she is a trans woman. She considers herself a woman so she wouldn't want to be called "he". Most people aren't aware. Just letting you know. That's all.
    I was not aware-thank you for the education,Domino. My friends all know I ask the most personal questions for stuff I don't know.They either tell me,or tell me to fuck off...I don't know any trans people to ask, and if you ask publicly, you get bullied and bashed.

Quote Originally Posted by ktkatinmn View Post
    I was not aware-thank you for the education,Domino. My friends all know I ask the most personal questions for stuff I don't know.They either tell me,or tell me to fuck off...I don't know any trans people to ask, and if you ask publicly, you get bullied and bashed.
    UGH. That's so wrong. No problem. I'm happy to help. I try to educate people that don't know anything about trans people, and want to know. If they don't, that's fine. I just feel like a lot of times people are afraid of what they don't understand and a lot of times it leads to hatred. Then you have people that are just bigots. They just hate anything outside of what they view is normal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ktkatinmn Guest
    Is there an 'Ask me anything' thread? There should be. I can't possibly be the only person that has questions (on oh so many subjects), and no one to get honest answers from.

Chelsea Manning recovering after suicide attempt, lawyers say

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51852240

It must take a toll to continually get prosecuted over doing the right things.

Just hope all the best for her, hope she will
    get out of Jail soon.