Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Megan Meier - MySpace Suicide

beautygirlsmom Guest

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Yes. Sad.

Kathyf Guest
    Thats terrible. Very Sad

Krissypoo Guest
    I could feel the breath being sucked out of me as I read this. It hits so close to home. so close. damn. My daughter, who is only seven years old, came home from school a few weeks ago and said that a girl in the class said to her, "my stepfather said that you look fat in the class picture." I'm still so angry and dumbfounded.
    Yes, kids have always been teased, I was teased for weight and freckles and it really has shaped the adult I am today, but I dealt with it. The thing is, it wasn't the adults doing to teasing and engaging in the meaness when I was growing up.
    I have been feeling lately that the parents are actually meaner than the kids these days. And it's so scary because adults are way better at being mean. As this article so clearly illustrates.

Lisamarie Guest
    that of one of the most horrible stories ever, teenage girls are so so cruel...this should have never happened...and the nerve of those people..to say I didint know she had tried suicide before ..like it makes a differance..the fact remains they tricked this unstable girl . And she took her life because of it. What mother would incourage her daughter to do something like that.

beautygirlsmom Guest
    Oh, Krissy! I feel your pain. My middle daughter was told by another kid she was the fattest kid in school, and when I mentioned it to that kid's mom, she said, "Well, your daughter is heavy." Bitch.

Kathyf Guest
    People are mean. We just have to protect our kids best we can.

Guest Guest
    exactly what kind of parent..heck adult encourages such deceptive disgusting behavior..it's appalling...or as her mother said the word for it is VILE!

kids are so tender and sensitive at that age...this parent should have known so since her whole reasoning was to see if her daughter was being mistreated on myspace...so very very sad

daisymom73 Guest

Question

This is tragic.
    I am confused as to why the FBI couldn't access the final messages from that day. Wouldn't they all be on Megan's Myspace page???

reddawn17 Guest
    I can not possibly understand this. That poor child. Cause, that's what she was, just a child. How dare that woman be like that to her? What if the tables were turned? What if it was her daughter. She says "that she understands the pain the other mother feels, blah, blah, blah." In my opinion she is ignorant and evil and should pay heavily for her help in the demise of this little girl. Yes, the girl commited suicide...but at the hands of another.

Suzanne30 Guest
    Heartbreaking! What a horrible thing to have done to a kid!

halogirl5 Guest

megan

WHAT?!!!
    Is this true?
    How come they haven't been taken to court for manslaughter?

Jaxxx Guest
    I'm at a loss at what to say,........this shocks the conscious and literally have me in such an upset state that I would like to drive to St Charles and strangle the white trash involved. I pray for this family, but hope the responsible adults who did this rot in hell.

Kareika Guest
    wow, I admire Megan's parents for not walking down the street and killing those "people".
    what would ever make people act like that towards a child?

donetodeath Guest
    i don't understand either daisymom!even if file's are deleted they should still be stored in the hard drive.Why would they have deleted them?didn't the father read the last message after she died?I'M CONFUSSED!

KristinEileen Guest
    I think I'm going to be sick. That adult, and I use this term loosely, needs to be charged with something, manslaughter or even a wrongful death suit...this is pathetic that this parent thought it was acceptable to pull this crap...

xenaswolf Guest
    That is one of the saddest things I've ever read. Unfortunately it seems the hoaxers will get away with it legally. But I hope they remember Karma is a bitch!

Armcast Guest
    This is absolutely horrifying!!!!!! What sort of adult would ever be involved in doing something so hurtful to a child like they did here? These hateful scumbags should be held responsible for their actions as well as their names being made public so that wherever they go everyone will know to steer clear of these a-holes and make sure their kids stay away from them.

Bastards!

KristinEileen Guest
    I bet the kids in that neighborhood kiss that girls ass, I mean if you cross her God only knows what will happen to you...

hoxharding Guest
    What happened is sick and that family should be punished for what they did. Also, trying to get a girl involved and saying it is just a joke?
    I know an adult that something like this happened to. Another adult suggested she give everyone a break and kill herself. This was just from a person the woman didn't know personally.
    Imagine being a teen and having low self-esteem and this happened? Don't believe they didn't know the result would be tragic. They may not of thought it would end in suicide,but it was malicious and thoughtless.

cachluv Guest
    "My middle daughter was told by another kid she was the fattest kid in school, and when I mentioned it to that kid's mom, she said, "Well, your daughter is heavy." Bitch."

---I would be SORELY tempted to take someone on a visit to the woodshed.
    However, I would choose to pursue this legally. I would drain every penny from that persons' possession and I would drag it out for as long as I could. Sorry this makes me sound bad, but scarring a kid is one of the worst things an adult can do. And they shouldn't get away with it. I know Karma is a bitch. Yeah, fine---And so am I.

What the hell????!?!!?!?!? What kind of "adult" gets involved in a teenagers business to that level? Its unfortunate, and I agree with everyone who wishes they could get charged with something, but there is nothing to charge them with. What they did, while reprehensible, is not against the law. It sucks.

I'm sending bad mojo their way...
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

lets think again when we stick our daughters in front of the tv, or show them a magazine of a size 0 model, skin and bones, and not saying anything to them about beauty being skin deep. what the heck are we teaching our children about the value of a good heart, kindness? its all about looks, and now its killing children. we are self destructing...............
    pull the string!

Jazbabee Guest
    I can't get over this - what these so called "adults" did is just vile and beyond comprehension. They deserve prosecution !! How can anyone say that they have no culpability in this young girls death ??????

Ruffian Guest
    I wish I wouldn't have read this story. I'm feeling so many things right now. It's a shame they won't name the parents involved. If they won't be prosecuted, the least that should happen is public condemnation. The icing on the cake is that they have the nerve to prosecute the father for ruining their lawn. My God...what has happened to this mixed up insane world?

Maruz83 Guest
    Wow That's so sad and yet nothing is gonna get done to the so-called adults.... I wish the parents would sue them for wrongful death.....

GODDESS6 Guest
    this is so awful, that an adullt would think that this is alright~ i use the term adult loosely, this person is seriously mentally & emoitional stunted in growth & down right evil~

cruel!!!!!

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    What sort of adult would ever be involved in doing something so hurtful to a child like they did here?
    The same psychopaths who made life hell for other kids when they were (allegedly) growing up. Pathetic.

WendyK Guest
    My oldest daughter is a bit on the heavy side and has came home crying because the kids at school make comments.Kid's can be VERY Cruel especially girls.Heck my youngest daughter even went as far to say to her sister that she couldn't be a cheerleader because she was to fat I let Jessey beat the tar out of her for saying that.Jessey did make cheerleading and made the 7th and 8th grade squad and she is only in 6th grade it has boosted her self esteem and helped her shed some of that baby fat! That story was just cruel and someone needs to be held accountable for their acctions.

Krissypoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    My oldest daughter is a bit on the heavy side and has came home crying because the kids at school make comments.Kid's can be VERY Cruel especially girls.Heck my youngest daughter even went as far to say to her sister that she couldn't be a cheerleader because she was to fat I let Jessey beat the tar out of her for saying that.Jessey did make cheerleading and made the 7th and 8th grade squad and she is only in 6th grade it has boosted her self esteem and helped her shed some of that baby fat! That story was just cruel and someone needs to be held accountable for their acctions.
    It's just the worst. And you feel so sad and angry for them because you know that every comment shapes the women they will become.

BeeCee Guest
    [SIZE=3]I never understood children who were cruel to other kids because my mind didn't work that way. At least with kids you have some hope they might grow out of it. But there is NO excuse for adults to behave this way and it does do damage. When I was about 14 I put on a few pounds - not really what you would call fat just going through that puberty thing. During a family camping trip one of my uncles decided it would be funny to call me fatso. That's just great for a girl (or boy) that age. It was particularly cruel of him because my sister and I grew up without our dad (he died when we were very young) and had no positive adult male input to counter act that asshole. Even that relitively small incident made an impact on me. I can't imagine the mental anguish that little girl who hung herself went through. I would not want to have to answer for what those "adults" did to her.[/SIZE]

GrinReaper Guest
    Remember the good ol days, before the net when people would acutually meet and converse and get to know each other IN PERSON?
    I think that's part of the problem with this situation. (The other being those in on this evil plot.)
    Without the net than Megan would have found out that Josh wasn't real because she wouldn't have met him.
    It seems that in some cases computers are used to make trouble which contribute to the fucked-up society we live in.

BTW: It is too bad that there isn't some sense of justice from all this. The only satisfaction I've gotten is the parents delivering the smashed up foos ball table and the relative putting up signs around the neighborhood.
    $1,000 bucks for a lawn? Sheesh! Give the guy a break!

Guest Guest
    I firmly believe and I may get some shit for this, but I firmly believe that what is wrong with our kids today has a HUGE part to do with the parents!

Most of us here were raised to respect others...to not stare...to not point...to not call names....to show compassion....etc etc. I see shit like this more and more with parents so hellbent to be their kids' "FRIEND" then to parent the child and hold that child accountable. My son is 6 year's old and has one of the most loving charitable hearts..he doesn't call names...words like stupid..idiot..retard...dumb...ugly...fat etc are not a part of his vocabulary...I constantly teach him about differences and accepting others.

I teach him to think of others before he thinks of himself...example...last Christmas time we took him to get his picture taken with Santa...since he could talk I have always taught him that before he asks Santa for anything for himself he has to ask for something for someone else...last year my nephew was sick with Cancer...my son's request to Santa "Help make Jameson feel better..he's really sick and I want him to feel well and be happy" Ironically on Christmas Eve morning my nephew ended his battle with cancer dying at home with his mommy and daddy holding him.

In this case we have some immature mother who acts off of immature thinking...drumming up this "scheme" to harass and humiliate another child...where was the PARENT? Hell...where was the HUMAN BEING? What has she just taught her child? The mentally "don't get mad get even" is HORSE SHIT! These parents were struggling to build their daughters esteem up...to raise her with LIMITS...to encourage her to be outgoing and social and this misfit of a human takes all that they were instilling and knows that this will destroy this little girl...sick sick sick! I am so sick and tired of witnessing disrespectful kids and adults thinking that the world is theirs and that they can step on whoever they want for their own satisfaction...people like this make me sick...and there is something wrong with a system that would prosecute AC/DC for their lyrics but not these people...at the very least they should be prosecuted for the harassment and instead the father gets it for tearing up their yard...they should be happy he didn't tear them up!

Krissypoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    I firmly believe and I may get some shit for this, but I firmly believe that what is wrong with our kids today has a HUGE part to do with the parents!

Most of us here were raised to respect others...to not stare...to not point...to not call names....to show compassion....etc etc. I see shit like this more and more with parents so hellbent to be their kids' "FRIEND" then to parent the child and hold that child accountable. My son is 6 year's old and has one of the most loving charitable hearts..he doesn't call names...words like stupid..idiot..retard...dumb...ugly...fat etc are not a part of his vocabulary...I constantly teach him about differences and accepting others.

I teach him to think of others before he thinks of himself...example...last Christmas time we took him to get his picture taken with Santa...since he could talk I have always taught him that before he asks Santa for anything for himself he has to ask for something for someone else...last year my nephew was sick with Cancer...my son's request to Santa "Help make Jameson feel better..he's really sick and I want him to feel well and be happy" Ironically on Christmas Eve morning my nephew ended his battle with cancer dying at home with his mommy and daddy holding him.

In this case we have some immature mother who acts off of immature thinking...drumming up this "scheme" to harass and humiliate another child...where was the PARENT? Hell...where was the HUMAN BEING? What has she just taught her child? The mentally "don't get mad get even" is HORSE SHIT! These parents were struggling to build their daughters esteem up...to raise her with LIMITS...to encourage her to be outgoing and social and this misfit of a human takes all that they were instilling and knows that this will destroy this little girl...sick sick sick! I am so sick and tired of witnessing disrespectful kids and adults thinking that the world is theirs and that they can step on whoever they want for their own satisfaction...people like this make me sick...and there is something wrong with a system that would prosecute AC/DC for their lyrics but not these people...at the very least they should be prosecuted for the harassment and instead the father gets it for tearing up their yard...they should be happy he didn't tear them up!
    Agree! I am beginning to find that parents are actually worse than the kids. A few parents have perfected the art of being cruel and mean and have passed this on to their children. The kids are assholes in training while the parents are accomplished assholes who have perfected their methods. I see it almost every day, although to a much lesser extent than this extreme case. In this case, the mean parents, in my opinion, stalked and violated the girl that killed herself. She was a minor and they had no business messing with her and should be prosecuted at least for stalking or assault...something.

Harrietd Guest
    Where to start? Frustrated housewives living through their daughters? The competion (for what, I don't know) out there being so intense that parents feel they have to give there kids every advantage at any cost? It's really hard trying to teach a child to somehow rise above this but at the same time not be a door mat. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before this incident is a TV movie. 'Mean Girls with Laptops'

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    lets think again when we stick our daughters in front of the tv, or show them a magazine of a size 0 model, skin and bones, and not saying anything to them about beauty being skin deep. what the heck are we teaching our children about the value of a good heart, kindness? its all about looks, and now its killing children. we are self destructing...............
    We've been self destructing for a while now.

beautygirlsmom Guest
    You won't get shit from me. What happened to the days when it was okay to lose in life? My kids' soccer team doesn't even keep score, because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Puh-leez. So many kids today are groomed to think the world revolves around them, the planet owes them a living, and we should thank them for their very existence. My kids aren't angels (especially that little one - she even bites!), but they know damn well that we have a responsibility to everyone to treat others respectfully. I hate the over privileged little gob shites that run around my daughters' schools :-(

lil_zino Guest
    So, if I'm reading this right. Meier has to pay a fine because he tore up someone's lawn, but the person who bullied his child has nothing happen to her?! Is the mom that orchestrated the MySpace page sleeping with a cop in town and that's why nothing is happening to her?!

Amaya-chan Guest
    There's a joke about MySpace, about how it's filled with emo kids that kill themselves cause of people being mean to them on MySpace...but this is fucking ridiculous. It's bad enough if other kids are doing the bullying, but for the PARENTS to do it too is just completely immature and downright horrid. The fact that they're getting away with it is even worse. That family is going to continue to go about their business, and the daughter will grow up being spoiled thinking she got away with murder and will pass that on to her kids (IF she has any). It's just sad that there's this cycle of asshole breeding that can never be stopped.

Custom Hearse Guest
    I read the story and I was heartsick. But I notice allot of people are asking "what kind of adult would do this to a child?".... Look around.... Children are being murdered, raped, tortured, and beaten within an inch of their lives by adults everyday.... Sad but true. The world is going to hell in a handbasket, and, the people who care about the lives of the innocents are powerless to stop it.
    The (so called) women who caused this trouble should be allowed to live for what she has done to destroy Megan and her family, but nobody in law enforcement will move a finger to do anything about the pain and suffering she has caused. The F.B.I. stated that there is no law that they can prosecute the mother under.... Well I say, make one! Then fry that bitch! Instead of a death penalty of lethal injection, I would stick a 1,000,000 volt cattle prod in her privates, and turn it on!
    Sorry about ranting.... I'm just sick of all the horrible things I see in the news everyday....

Quote Originally Posted by beautygirlsmom View Post
    Oh, Krissy! I feel your pain. My middle daughter was told by another kid she was the fattest kid in school, and when I mentioned it to that kid's mom, she said, "Well, your daughter is heavy." Bitch.
    Being a shit, I would've looked at her and said, "Well at least now I know where your daughter gets her lack of social skills from."

Shawver83 Guest
    No two ways about it, these people are severely mentally ill. What normal adults get so wrapped up in teenage girl drama that they concoct an elaborate, mean scheme like this, spending all this time and effort on it? Lunatics, that's who. Complete and utter fucking lunatics with no soul.

Krissypoo Guest

perpetrators outed?

Oh it looks like the perpetrators of this horrible crime may finally be getting the outing they deserve. Apparently the paper that ran the story refused to name the perpetrators for fear of upsetting their bratty daughter. Well the good people of St. Charles and bloggers everywhere have taken the story and run with it. THe paper is also under heavy criticism by journalists and readers for not naming the vile couple. The second link gives the name of the evil and demonic parents that did this. THere's also a photo of the dear dead Megan, and she was just a lovely little girl. The blogger of this site, Jezebel.com, has really taken up the cause and run with it.
    http://poynter.org/forum/view_post.asp?id=12963

http://jezebel.com/gossip/drew-no-bl...-um-323254.php

Krissy thanks for posting those links! She was a cute kid.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Jazzmom Guest
    Wow, that was sad.

Maruz83 Guest
    WOW !!! I pictured her soooo different.... damn LORI DREW !!!!!!!!!!!

Littleroben Guest
    She was really pretty, the adults who did this are such shits. To do that to a child is just beyond words

KristinEileen Guest
    FINALLY! I am so glad that someone outted these people. I hope that this family can get an attorney who will go after these people! Don't worry Dearheart I agree with you. My problem lies in the fact that I am a product of my mother helping to boost my self esteem. I was always an average sized girl and was told by people that I was too fat to be a cheerleader or a dancer. Well I proved their asses wrong. I cheered in middle and high school and even a year in college and I danced from third grade on. People think that by saying the things that are so hurtful and demeaning makes them better than others. Most of the time these people are the ones with confidence issues. I hope and pray that LORI DREW and her HUSBAND get what they deserve. Hopefully their daughter will get some idea of what they did was wrong...

death hag dee Guest
    Did anyone think about maybe setting up a fund for them to help them pay that stupid $1000.00 fine?