Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jane Wicker, Wing Walker

Jane Wicker, Wing Walker

It looks like a pretty dangerous stunt that went wrong at the last minute, when the plane was closest to the ground.
    RIP to a lovely talented woman and her pilot.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/news/local/wing-walkers-plane-crashes-at-dayton-air-show/nYSBY/

http://www.whiotv.com/videos/news/ra...ir-show/v44KP/

Last edited by Demgirl; 06-22-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Tragic.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Horrible.

Here is Jane's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jane-...355377?fref=ts

I have been to one airshow in my life, and my stomach was always in knots during the whole time. Just seems at least once a year something happens somewhere.

RIP Jane and Charlie.
    Cindy

One thing is nice that they did not crash
    into the crowd.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Joee Guest
    Its my understanding that the FAA won't approve maneuvers that have energy directed towards the crowd.

My front yard down in Biloxi became an ampitheater every time Keesler AFB put on an air show.

It was facing the end of one of the run ways and offered a front row seat off base.

I've seen some amazing acrobatics just above my roof top.

These air show mishaps seem to happen too regularly; maybe air shows should be re-considered.

Prayers for the families; that lovely lady and her pilot sure didn't have time to suffer.

Within seconds of knowing that something was wrong; they were gone.

Seagorath Guest
    Damn. That was a pretty dramatic airshow crash. Wow. I think I saw the wing walker lady hit the ground in that second video.

Very tragic.

I knew a woman in my youth that did this. Not the crash part but wing walking. She also did the circle of fire thing where she would ride a motorcycle around a spherical cage thing. I only saw some old tapes but never saw it in person. I did get to see her do tons of general stunts on a Harley. She was a very cool woman.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Liveleak has some close up pics of the crash. Warning - they are pretty gruesome:
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=870_1372075876

Yeah, yesterday sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by frankie3520 View Post
    Liveleak has some close up pics of the crash. Warning - they are pretty gruesome:
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=870_1372075876

OMG. I hope it was quick for her and the pilot.
    Cindy

Was going to post the Liveleak link if noone had already....

I would think pilot error...upside-down in a plane is not a good place to be...instincts & aerodynamics don't work so well in that configuration. Possible cable snap of a control surface?

Seagorath Guest
    Damn, those ARE graphic. Thanks for sharing. That's pretty horrifying. Holy cow...the detail on the face. Shit.

Very graphic photos, I can't help but think the 1st one she looks superimposed, not saying she is, just saying it doesn't look right to me.

lynn wilson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by death_hag_slag View Post
    Very graphic photos, I can't help but think the 1st one she looks superimposed, not saying she is, just saying it doesn't look right to me.
    I thought the same thing..

IMHO I think the pics are real. The graininess of Jane matches the graininess of the debris flying around her (I will say that I'm sure someone can photoshop the graininess to any image). Jane and the wing hit the ground first and the first image seems to catch that. Unfortunately, it looks like the beginnings of her body and skull being torn apart. She was wearing a beige flying cap, and it looks like it was blown off before the first image, which makes since since she hit the ground at high velocity. The second image shows not much left of her.

I find the images horrifying. I maybe wrong, but if I am, someone did a hell of a job.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    IMHO I think the pics are real. The graininess of Jane matches the graininess of the debris flying around her (I will say that I'm sure someone can photoshop the graininess to any image). Jane and the wing hit the ground first and the first image seems to catch that. Unfortunately, it looks like the beginnings of her body and skull being torn apart. She was wearing a beige flying cap, and it looks like it was blown off before the first image, which makes since since she hit the ground at high velocity. The second image shows not much left of her.

I find the images horrifying. I maybe wrong, but if I am, someone did a hell of a job.
    Like I said I'm sure they're not fake, the first one looked odd is all, poor poor woman

lynn wilson Guest
    those pics are horrifying I hope she didn't suffer...gives you the chills just seeing them...

Quote Originally Posted by death_hag_slag View Post
    Like I said I'm sure they're not fake, the first one looked odd is all, poor poor woman
    I really hope it was quick and she didn't feel anything (pilot too). And I hope her kids never see those pictures too.
    Cindy

I really hope it was quick and she didn't feel anything (pilot too). And I hope her kids never see those pictures too.
    I know, awful.

Trying to tear myself away from the forum, I must go to bed!!!

Oh, these are terrible. I agree, I hope it was over quickly for both of them. I also feel badly for the crowd at the show, it had to be very traumatic for them, too.

Very tragic, to actually witness that most have been horrific.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

To anyone having trouble finding her in the LiveLeak pics (I did, but now I can't unsee it): look to the left of the little blue area to the left of the wheel. She's got blue sleeves on and it shows her essentially on the ground...looks like her mouth is agape with horror, and some people think it's blood (to the left of that). Geez Louise.
    One posted comment says something like, "You can really see the joy (of doing what she loved) on her face." ...dark and a bit funny, but yikes.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

I am still calling an equipment failure, as per the other similar thread.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

DionysianSpirit Guest
    Death should be tasted on the lips like a fine wine.
    The fearful get to live like teetotalers..
    Enjoying inebriation through the eyes,
    while the real enjoy it with liver failure.

A great video and a great look at the panic of death in the eyes of one who tasted and felt it firsthand. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by DionysianSpirit View Post
    Death should be tasted on the lips like a fine wine.
    The fearful get to live like teetotalers..
    Enjoying inebriation through the eyes,
    while the real enjoy it with liver failure.

A great video and a great look at the panic of death in the eyes of one who tasted and felt it firsthand. RIP.
    Very poetic. Though I imagine the panic of death was magnified a bit in the eyes of someone riding the outside of a plane as it travels into the ground. That's a special-flavored kind of tasting death!
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Seagorath Guest
    Dear Hags, Are there any other "photographic examples" where somebody's exact horrifying death is captured so...poetically?

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Dear Hags, Are there any other "photographic examples" where somebody's exact horrifying death is captured so...poetically?
    I know it's fictional, but I've always loved the creativity of Major Kong riding the bomb ("Dr. Strangelove"):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlSQAZEp3PA

Now, that's how *I* wanna go, when it's time. Wavin' mah hat & yelling in the Reaper's face, YEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

JudyAnn Guest
    Oh. My. what? Why? Did I look at that? Ok, in my defense, I clicked on the liveleak and thought, grainy pictures, ok, that green thing floating through the air looks like a face with green spiky hair (hahahaha), this is not so bad...let me zoom in...

BAM! I zoomed in and saw her googles flying off her face, her face...and now I'm scared.

Too scared to zoom in on the second picture there...the one where you see her arm extended.

Tell me the first picture zoomed in is the worst, please? Someone else look at the second pic for me and tell me what I might see.

(Anyone else feel guilty after viewing pics like this? Cuz, I do. I get this feeling that I'm going to be punished...then tell myself that a medical examiner, cop, first respnder - all would see such things...)

Yeah, I was OK until I clicked the zoom button on that first one. I'd say I hope she was already dead, but it doesn't look like it.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Tragic. Quick thinking by the pilot that prevented them from going into the crowd. R.I.P. to both

Quote Originally Posted by JudyAnn View Post
    Oh. My. what? Why? Did I look at that? Ok, in my defense, I clicked on the liveleak and thought, grainy pictures, ok, that green thing floating through the air looks like a face with green spiky hair (hahahaha), this is not so bad...let me zoom in...

BAM! I zoomed in and saw her googles flying off her face, her face...and now I'm scared.

Too scared to zoom in on the second picture there...the one where you see her arm extended.

Tell me the first picture zoomed in is the worst, please? Someone else look at the second pic for me and tell me what I might see.

(Anyone else feel guilty after viewing pics like this? Cuz, I do. I get this feeling that I'm going to be punished...then tell myself that a medical examiner, cop, first respnder - all would see such things...)

IMHO First one is way worse. The second one.. well it starts to not look like a human ... Edited: Ok I may have to take that back. Upon second glance I fear her face may be ripped off in the second...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Oh shit Miho! I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    IMHO First one is way worse. The second one.. well it starts to not look like a human ... Edited: Ok I may have to take that back. Upon second glance I fear her face may be ripped off in the second...
    I had the same impression about the second one. It's hard to tell if that's her head or her abdomen though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Seagorath Guest
    Is there a "I Witnessed Jane Wicker's Final Moment Photographs" Support Group at FAD?

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Is there a "I Witnessed Jane Wicker's Final Moment Photographs" Support Group at FAD?
    That would be FAD in it's entirety.

We're Death Hags - this is some of what we do.

I'm with Neil; I think equipment failure; or maybe the pilot had a medical event.

Seagorath Guest
    I feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    That would be FAD in it's entirety.

We're Death Hags - this is some of what we do.

I'm with Neil; I think equipment failure; or maybe the pilot had a medical event.

Hi my name is McMorbid and I've been traumatized by this event. Can I have some punch and cookies now? Or should I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Hi my name is McMorbid and I've been traumatized by this event. Can I have some punch and cookies now? Or should I wait?
    I was thinking this group was more of a whiskey bunch as opposed to punch and cookies.

Not until you finish your broccoli.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

I'll trade that whiskey for some herb. And I'll trade that broccoli for some more herb. Y'all know how I roll. I do need a hug though.

I'll trade that whiskey for some herb. And I'll trade that broccoli for some more herb. Y'all know how I roll. I do need a hug though.
    420, it's my favorite number

Big hugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Oohhh. I wish I had a big hug purple drank. I love some 420 myself but 7ish will work.

Oohhh. I wish I had a big hug purple drank. I love some 420 myself but 7ish will work.
    I am currently switching between Mike's Hard Lemonade and Smirnoff Ice Grape. All alone. Cause my asshole BF dumped me for no reason. UGH. Ok I am highjacking the thread.

On topic: I still can't figure out the 2nd pic. It looks as though her head exploded to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    That's what I was thinking on the second.

We have all seen some pretty graphic stuff around here (hey, it's how we roll sometimes), but Jane's pictures have bothered me more than some other stuff. Maybe it's because it's the exact moment of death. Seems so much more troubling versus seeing someone after the fact.

Now, I'm going to smoke a cigarette.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 07-01-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    Cindy

One more off topic. This hits for you my friend. Big bong hit. BTW fuck that idiot. Ok no more hijackings from me.

One more off topic. This hits for you my friend. Big bong hit. BTW fuck that idiot. Ok no more hijackings from me.
    Thanks!

They explained the 2nd picture as being some sort of illusion. What we are seeing is the heat from the fire distorting the image.

First time I got to see these pictures so closely. Its amazing we have the technology now to capture such moments of tragedy.