Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: James Gandolfini aka Tony Soprano, 51

I saw one report on twitter saying he never actually made it to Italy. They said he died on the airplane on the way over, with his wife by his side. I don't know if that is true, but just throwing it out there.

This makes me sad. He brought so much to every character he played. A truly gifted actor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sucks. Too young. RIP, Sir.
    Check out this tribute to him - nice photos, video clips, and overview of his career accomplishments:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1377435

His wife just had a baby girl this past October.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

UniPolarMommaBear Guest
    If he was on the plane, which would be a 12 -14 hour jaunt, he could have died from a blood clot, being so heavy and all. He may have had high blood pressure and or heart problems and developed a clot. I can't take long plane rides like that because it is too high risk.
    RIP - shocking, indeed!!

Alycat32 Guest
    Oh god how awful to die on a plane I hope that's not true. I mean of course it sucks either way, but on the plane with a relative just ugh..

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Which interview, Mag?
    It had something to do with a fundraiser for a V.A. hospital. May have been on E!, I can't rightly remember.

Professional liar Albert Goldman died on a plane.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

RIP Mr. Gandolfini, I love you.

MbalmR Guest
    Reports say he died IN Italy, which could be true. Generally, death on a moving conveyance is pronounced wherever the plane touches down or where a train can find the nearest depot. The reason for this is that American DC's require a county in which the death occurred. By the way, I loved the guy. Someone was talking before about a prison movie he was in.......was it Brubaker?

Come on death hags, get busy, post that last photo.
    Peter the Hermit

RebelRocker Guest
    rest in peace james, today is a sad day, i am shocked.

Alycat32 Guest
    I just read on tmz he was actually on a father son trip with his soon to be 9 th grade son when it happened and that his wife flew to Italy to be with her son the moment she heard. How awful for that child

I heard he was on his second marriage, and that his wife gave birth to a little girl in September 2012. So sad!

RIP. Never watched the TV show. I have always wanted to. I may be off to amazon to get some dvd's.

What a great loss. He was an amazing actor and very unique. They don't make them like him anymore.

RIP James, such a great actor. Loved The Sopranos.

I am shocked. And only 51 too. Yeah, he and his wife have a 9 month old baby.

RIP James.

NY Post is reporting he was eating dinner with his sister and teenage son and got up to go to the restroom. He never came out and his sis went in and found him unconscious on the floor.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 06-20-2013 at 03:07 AM.
    Cindy

17. 06-20-2013, 03:10 AM

Last photo perhaps? Taken from Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/BillWixey/status/347545812169019392

tarsier Guest
    This is just the topper for me with two men know both in their early fifties having died unexpectedly the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by mooches View Post
    Last photo perhaps? Taken from Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/BillWixey/status/347545812169019392
    Gotta say he really doesn't look to healthy in that pic!

Usually I am typing and sniveling that another great from my past is gone. He was my age, almost. That REALLY makes me snivel. RIP.

MPetro108 Guest
    This makes me so sad. I absolutely loved him as Tony Soprano. I too found him very sexy as Tony. Not sure what it was. He was way too young, and yes, the fact that I am 52 has a lot to do with that. He seemed to be a kind, caring soul, and an all around decent human being. I can't say that about too many people anymore. Again, so sad about his passing. R.I.P.

MPetro108 Guest
    I have to agree, he does not look good at all in that twitter picture, so sad.

Jacksmum Guest

Katrinawitch Guest
    I admired him a lot. New Jersey native and Rutgers alum. He was only 2+ years older than me, which is scary.

My husband will be 47 in September, but eats too much, has high cholesterol, works a lot, and doesn't exercise (of course, he takes a cholesterol lowering pill, and figures that's enough). He has an athletic build, but has a gut that my grandpa would be proud of. It's not right for such a relatively young guy.

James didn't look healthy in those last photos of him. I'm sure it's hard to change your lifestyle and diet drastically, but John Goodman recently did it, and look how healthy and trim he looks now.

PurrPurr Guest
    His body's still in Italy. Apparently there are some strict rules about someone dying overseas.

Deathgoddess Guest
    My hubby told me about this last night and it really shocked me. He doesn't look very good in the last few pics, so sad. I feel terrible for his children, especially his baby that will never get to know him.

Quote Originally Posted by SRVFan View Post
    As of yet...no formal tests have been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    I admired him a lot. New Jersey native and Rutgers alum. He was only 2+ years older than me, which is scary.

My husband will be 47 in September, but eats too much, has high cholesterol, works a lot, and doesn't exercise (of course, he takes a cholesterol lowering pill, and figures that's enough). He has an athletic build, but has a gut that my grandpa would be proud of. It's not right for such a relatively young guy.

James didn't look healthy in those last photos of him. I'm sure it's hard to change your lifestyle and diet drastically, but John Goodman recently did it, and look how healthy and trim he looks now.
    I agree however at 38 I had a heart attack. I was not heavy and exercised daily. It can happen to anyone. Life is short.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Nobody could have done it better (Tony). This is a huge loss. RIP.

Feeling very crushed this morning...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Very sad, what a talent. RIP.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Feeling very crushed this morning...
    My feelings exactly. RIP James Gandolfini.

GravesEnd Guest
    They are saying he was found by his son in the bathroom of his hotel room.

After a family day out, Gandolfini, 51, had a heart attack in his bathroom at the Hotel Boscolo and was found by Michael, who raised the alarm and called the hotel reception, the hotel manager said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ect-roots.html

Don't push too hard while you're on the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    Don't push too hard while you're on the toilet.
    My friend's wife died this way. Seriously.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Yup, it happens more than one would think.

dcg76 Guest

"The way you fucking eat, you're gonna have a heart attack by the time you're 50!"

How ironic Chrissy was only off by a year.
    Last edited by dcg76; 06-20-2013 at 11:41 AM.

There is so much going on around his death that people are just throwing things out, like dying on the plane, he was dead in his hotel bathroom. Same thing happens everytime an iconic figure dies. From what I heard he had a heart attack in his hotel bathroom but he was still alive and pronounced at the hospital. I was tempted on having my wife pass by the restaurant where Tony got WHACKED but she's so tired when she gets home from her day job she's too tired to move. She also has a part time night job and my son has a full time nightly booty call so even trying to get him to go out is impossible.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Obese (c250 pounds), drug & alcohol abuse, tantrums and disappearances on the set, son found him in hotel room in Italy, this except from GQ magazine says. cerphttp://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ntcmp=features
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Jacksmum Guest
    What a sad article - lots of demons. RIP Sir!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1979.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	47178
    Peter the Hermit

Darrianne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    He was my favorite in The Mexican. Very sad.
    I loved him in that, too!

ozzysmom Guest
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/19/james-...ttoo-shopping/

I believe this is his last photo. Says it's dated 6/1/13. A little interview with the tattoo artist in the pic with him.

RIP Mr. Gandolfini....you WILL be missed.

He doesn't look that big in that photo, but he does look like he doesn't feel well at all. Tired and his face is puffy.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/19/james-...ttoo-shopping/

I believe this is his last photo. Says it's dated 6/1/13. A little interview with the tattoo artist in the pic with him.

RIP Mr. Gandolfini....you WILL be missed.
    He looks a lot heavier in the one from Rome. Either the date is wrong or there was seriously something else going on health wise and since we are in fact talking about him, that could very well be.

He looks really swollen and red in the Italy picture. If the tattoo picture is accurate on the date, that's only what? 17, 18 days?

Not long ago, maybe a month or so, he was surprised coming out of an LA head shop and legal marijuana retailer by TMZ. He mentioned that no, he didn't have a medical marijuana card and so was "just browsing". The person he was with though had a card and had made a purchase it was said by TMZ later. I believe that info and/or a link to the video are posted in the Sopranos thread if anyone wants to have a look.

The thing that strikes me about that now is he seemed rather at ease when surprised by the cameras and questions. Not thrilled but at much more ease than he'd been just months before when a pap popped up in his face in New York. Makes me think he was likely using MM during the LA incident. Found it calming and relaxing and wanted to learn more, possibly get a card. Maybe he ended up getting one. I dunno. But being a star with a past of substance abuse plus all that weight, I can see how that'd put stress on a person.

Sopranos is one of my all-time favorite shows. He will be mourned by many who loved him in that role too, no doubt. I saw him in a few other things. Very hit and miss. I don't remember them all One I liked was a Christmas flick where he had a comedic jackass role. Don't remember the name of it but he was pretty funny in it.

Wow! I am in shock! I loved him on Sopranos, what a great show. And he just made it.

RIP James

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    My friend's wife died this way. Seriously.
    So did Elvis.