Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4047484950 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,450 of 2475

Thread: Johnny Depp

I didn't want to start a thread just for this cat but thought people might be interested to know that the drug smuggler George Jung (portrayed by Depp in the movie Blow) was released from prison last month.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Jung
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    I didn't want to start a thread just for this cat but thought people might be interested to know that the drug smuggler George Jung (portrayed by Depp in the movie Blow) was released from prison last month.
    Blow is one of my favorite movies. I am so glad you posted this. Depp spent some time with Jung before he filmed Blow. It's probably my favorite Depp movie period. I hope that Jung can possibly reconnect with his daughter. I know as of the filming of the movie, she would not speak to him.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Alright way to go Boston George!

I heard that he wrote a sequel to Blow but the director dropped dead from a cocaine induced heart attack years ago.

I like Johnny, but he has made some bad career choices recently. Three flops in a row...Hollywood bigwigs are not forgiving when money is lost.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I like Johnny, but he has made some bad career choices recently. Three flops in a row...Hollywood bigwigs are not forgiving when money is lost.
    Yeah but he has quite a lot of clout still. He's always been in flops, but every once in awhile he'll do one like Pirates and make up for it. That Lone Ranger flop really hurt though. He needs to get back to some indy small roles and look for an Oscar. Roles like Gilbert Grape.

Glad George is out and I really hope he's able to mend fences with his daughter before he dies. I really hope he's learned his lesson.

Hilarious Depp stuff with Gervais!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Cm6aOQR6o

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Yeah but he has quite a lot of clout still. He's always been in flops, but every once in awhile he'll do one like Pirates and make up for it. That Lone Ranger flop really hurt though. He needs to get back to some indy small roles and look for an Oscar. Roles like Gilbert Grape.

Glad George is out and I really hope he's able to mend fences with his daughter before he dies. I really hope he's learned his lesson.

Hilarious Depp stuff with Gervais!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Cm6aOQR6o
    I'm not a fan of his, but he was awesome as Gilbert Grape.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I'm not a fan of his, but he was awesome as Gilbert Grape.
    You know he's a fellow Kentuckian right? Owensboro.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    You know he's a fellow Kentuckian right? Owensboro.
    Yes, I knew. Does he still have family in Kentucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Yes, I knew. Does he still have family in Kentucky?
    I'm not real sure. I'd guess he probably does.

I can't believe he is going to play "Whitey" Bulger. He does not have the personality to play that kind of human monster.
    https://in.news.yahoo.com/johnny-dep...091531758.html

Mammy Guest
    He might surprise you. Nobody thought Charlize Theron could portray Aileen Wuornos and be believable either, but she nailed it.

I think she is a better actor with better range. I don't think Marty Scorsese would cast like that. But, I'm not that big of a JD fan so I am prolly slanted a bit.

If he can play Dillinger, which he did well, he can play Bulger. I'm really looking forward to that one.

It depends on how he approaches it. If he tries to go too over the top then he'll ruin the character IMO. He tends to do that these days. But if he plays it down a bit it could be great.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

I was one of those people ! Then when I saw it, I thought OMG ! That was an incredible transformation and performance.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I was one of those people ! Then when I saw it, I thought OMG ! That was an incredible transformation and performance.
    I rolled my eyes big time when I first heard that she was going to be Aileen in the movie. Charlize is just stunningly beautiful and I thought it was ridiculous to think she could play that part in a convincing way. I was just amazed. Not only did she actually resemble Aileen, she even had some of her mannerisms and walked like her. She did great in the movie.

She made sure she was back in shape when she won the Oscar ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charlize_theron_2114964i-horz.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	51086

Did anyone see his last movie, I can't even think of the name of it. Something about him dying and then being in a computer or something like that? I'm waiting for it to be on HBO.

Speaking of Depp as Bulger Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Johnny-Depp-as-Whitey-Bulger-on-set-johnny-depp-37081150-564-266.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	51159

Dear Australia, please throw dipp in the slammer for 10 years. Do the world a favor. We don't need another Pirates movie FFS.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015...stralia-prison

Please!!!!!!!!
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Amber Heard filed 3 days after Johnny's mother died. Stone cold.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

People lose loved ones every day. Depp is a douche. He looks like a walking STD. Hope Amber takes his left nut.

He possibly threw an Iphone at her. I don't believe her. I think she did it to herself to make him look bad to the courts to get the 400 million dollars that's up for grabs now.

hmmmm.....did not realize they were married. I saw the above photo on facebook. Just not sure what to think. Don't know the man but does seem out of character for him to abuse a woman.

She wants $50,000 a month in spousal support.

http://www.eonline.com/uk/news/76864...ourt-documents

"Heard also filed an Income and Expense document, which was obtained by E! News, and states that her average monthly expenses are approximately $43,700. That figure is comprised of healthcare, groceries, shopping and $10,000 in rent, among other things."

I wonder if Johnny was smart enough to get a pre-nup?
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    She wants $50,000 a month in spousal support.

http://www.eonline.com/uk/news/76864...ourt-documents

"Heard also filed an Income and Expense document, which was obtained by E! News, and states that her average monthly expenses are approximately $43,700. That figure is comprised of healthcare, groceries, shopping and $10,000 in rent, among other things."

From what I've read, no, he did not have a pre-nup.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post

I know I would have.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    From what I've read, no, he did not have a pre-nup.
    Yikes.

Exactly.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm not really sure what to believe. Does he have a past of hitting women? I don't recall ever hearing about anything like that with his previous girlfriends. I'm kinda suspicious of her claims for that reason and the fact that she wants $50,000 a month in spousal support. Oh good lord. No one NEEDS that much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We are talking lifestyles that none of has have lived. The kind we only see on HGTV, E!, or Bravo. It was his bad for not getting a pre-nup.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    We are talking lifestyles that none of has have lived. The kind we only see on HGTV, E!, or Bravo. It was his bad for not getting a pre-nup.
    While that maybe true there's something to be said about people who fake abuse stories regardless on the lavish lifestyle they might be living.

This doesn't look like a reaction of someone who was just abused.

I had not heard this kink in the story. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/johnny-depp...=yahoo&ref=yfp

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I had not heard this kink in the story. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/johnny-depp...=yahoo&ref=yfp
    I didn't read this article, but, I did read one somewhere this weekend. Heard is bisexual, and apparently Depp knew it, and got upset because she was spending way too much time with the model chick.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

He was getting publicly cuckold by a female. Could be upsetting.

navallint Guest
    The cops are saying when they went to her house for the domestic call, there wasn't a mark on her. Looking at it, I think it's make-up. His ex that he was with for many years says he would never hit a woman.

I've never heard anything like that about him either. With the media's ability to shout stories like that from every concievable platform at lightening speed for the past 20 years, we would've heard something from his past paramours. Has anyone considered that her g/f may have done it or been a co-conspirator? People will do whatever it takes when it comes to this stuff in real life. We've learned that here.

Solid proof is required for a judge to take domestic violence into consideration in divorce cases. What I see here is circumstantial. I want to see what a court of law says about this first.

I think it is interesting that they are saying the new Alice in Wonderland movie isn't doing well because of the publicity. I would guess it has more to do with the fact that we have been Alice in Wonderland'd to death recently; as well as Steve Jobs. How many times do we need to see the same thing??????

Yep I liked the first movie because it kinda felt like the return to the Disney cartoon, it didn't need a sequel.

I would have rather they released another live action adaptation to their cartoons.

I saw where Ghost Adventures is investigating the Viper Room on next Saturday's episode. I had no idea that Depp's business partner disappeared right before he was supposed to testify against Johnny in a multi million dollar lawsuit. Where have I been? I have never heard this story. Thoughts?
    http://radaronline.com/celebrity-new...disappearance/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I saw where Ghost Adventures is investigating the Viper Room on next Saturday's episode. I had no idea that Depp's business partner disappeared right before he was supposed to testify against Johnny in a multi million dollar lawsuit. Where have I been? I have never heard this story. Thoughts?
    http://radaronline.com/celebrity-new...disappearance/
    Wow! That's freaky. Wouldn't surprise me either way, because there's no telling what he and the rest of Hollywood are into.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

42. 07-02-2017, 07:16 AM

Old Zack Baggins will say there is a demon haunting it, I wonder if he will also say he made contact with River, I like Johnny always have.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Old Zack Baggins will say there is a demon haunting it, I wonder if he will also say he made contact with River, I like Johnny always have.
    Bet you're right, Every episode theres ALWAYS demons- I wonder if he knows how ridiculously juvenile that sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Bet you're right, Every episode theres ALWAYS demons- I wonder if he knows how ridiculously juvenile that sounds?
    I agree, I lost respect for him when I saw him at Old Town when they were filming at the Hotel and how he acted after the cameras stopped rolling, the paranormal community is one big family and when one paranormal investigator or team does something, ie, like Zack and Ryan Buell it reflects badly on the rest of us. Anyway to go back on topic, I think Amber just kept pushing and pushing at him, I watched the video that she recorded, it was edited as it didn't show what happened before, because in the video he said he was done talking about it and that, how did she think he felt after finding out, apparently something happened, and she just kept egging him on. I am glad that he and she went their separate ways, but her saying he hit her, I don't buy that for one moment.

I agree, I lost respect for him when I saw him at Old Town when they were filming at the Hotel and how he acted after the cameras stopped rolling, the paranormal community is one big family and when one paranormal investigator or team does something, ie, like Zack and Ryan Buell it reflects badly on the rest of us.
    Ooh I didnt see that one, What happened?
    I actually stopped watching them a while back because it was always the same thing Demons, Demons, Demons.
    They seemed a little like a negative version of the three stooges.
    I did just pick up watching on Hulu hoping that they had changed the evil demon thing, but no, the same. Even though I know its more than likely not real and is scripted- its still disappointing.
    Makes you wonder why he thinks most everything paranormal/ghost related is evil or demon related or what they would REALLY do if they came face to face with a "demon"??
    If there are ghosts, (I believe there are) He needs to take into consideration that they were once people and there is good and bad in all, Not every single one is evil/negative.
    If they are looking to be believable they should really let off the evil/devil/demon talk...There are enough of the living evil people running loose in the world already...No need to worry about the dead ones, the evil living ones are scary enough.JMO
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 07-03-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Zack, I think, wishes he could be the Ed Warren of his generation. With old Ed and Lorraine (who turned 90 this year), at first it was ghosts, good and bad, then after THE EXORCIST, there were $$$ to be made on the Devil and "demons".

As for the late Mr. Fox, it's dicey to bring charges without a body, and there was 330 miles of space between the place where he was last seen and where the truck was found. All of this got lost in the sauce as it happened soon after 9/11. I do not doubt that whoever actually did the deed counted on this.

That much having been said, the last article about this possible murder connection is almost 1 1/2 years old. Nothing is mentioned about it here in a more recent story about Johnny Depp's faltering finances. On the one hand, he seems to be crying poor mouth; on the other, he has made some shrewd real estate and other investments.

http://www.inquisitr.com/4308257/joh...ory_footer_1x3

Hisandhearse,
    They were filming here in San Diego at Old Town and he was all hugging the fans and such, but after the camera's stopped rolling he literally told one woman, who had been standing there for two hours in the hot sun, to get an autograph and such, after being told by him he would make sure she gets one, that he was done and without saying so but it was like so sad too bad, people would try to talk to him he would had this air about him that was like he couldn't be bothered and who did these people think they were to dare try to talk to him, Nick stayed in his room the rest of time and Aaron had the poor staff running ragged. My team and I had booked months in advance to get to spend the night at the hotel, to investigate but then when Ghost Adventures booked the same night we were told we had to reschedule, I mean no biggie on that part it was big bucks for the hotel but I would have never treated fans the way he treated the fans waiting to see him, there were other things that happened that just rubbed me the wrong way, but yes he can only wish he was another Ed Warren, and I agree after exorcist everything became demons and such, I am going to have to read more about Mr. Fox didn't know that happened, I don't have cable at the moment so hopefully someone posts the episode on youtube where they investigate the viper room. Oh and about Depp's spending issues, why doesn't he unload the private Island he bought as well as the many homes he has in different countries as well as here in the US, I blame him for most of it as well as his managers, from what I read Depp does have a spending problem.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 07-03-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Hisandhearse,
    They were filming here in San Diego at Old Town and he was all hugging the fans and such, but after the camera's stopped rolling he literally told one woman, who had been standing there for two hours in the hot sun, to get an autograph and such, after being told by him he would make sure she gets one, that he was done and without saying so but it was like so sad too bad, people would try to talk to him he would had this air about him that was like he couldn't be bothered and who did these people think they were to dare try to talk to him, Nick stayed in his room the rest of time and Aaron had the poor staff running ragged. My team and I had booked months in advance to get to spend the night at the hotel, to investigate but then when Ghost Adventures booked the same night we were told we had to reschedule, I mean no biggie on that part it was big bucks for the hotel but I would have never treated fans the way he treated the fans waiting to see him, there were other things that happened that just rubbed me the wrong way, but yes he can only wish he was another Ed Warren, and I agree after exorcist everything became demons and such, I am going to have to read more about Mr. Fox didn't know that happened, I don't have cable at the moment so hopefully someone posts the episode on youtube where they investigate the viper room. Oh and about Depp's spending issues, why doesn't he unload the private Island he bought as well as the many homes he has in different countries as well as here in the US, I blame him for most of it as well as his managers, from what I read Depp does have a spending problem.
    Zak is the worst. He is sweet for the cameras then as soon as they stop rolling, the real him appears. If it had just been the odd report, I would be wary but it's happened at nearly every location he has been to. He sweet talks women who fall for his crap then throws them away like crap afterwards saying they knew what they were getting into and treats fans like dirt. Aaron is getting just as bad. He was the nicest guy to begin with but it seems he's been spending too much time with Zak. I think that's why Nick left...he had had enough and was slowly being edged out even though it was his idea and Aaron was his friend first. No one knows 100% but when ppl questioned why Nick left and the rumours started, they denied they had done anything to make him leave but quite a few in the paranormal circle actually tweeted about them being two faced dicks after the way they treated him especially Aaron for him taking the side of a glory hound rather than his friend of many years.

Shellc you hit the nail on the head, my group actually got to meet them when they were in old town let's just say yep they were dicks, and two faced at that, I think that is why Nick stayed in his room because he was already being shoved out. LOL I have a feeling we are going to be told to take this topic to the Ghost Adventures thread, so I'll go there if I have to post anything else,

There's a Ghost Adventures thread? I'll have to check it out. I have my own thoughts on this. To bring it back on topic, sort of, I can't wait to see what happens at the Viper room. I can't believe after all this time I never knew about Depp's business partner. Does make you wonder about Johnny, doesn't it? Like if he had anything to do with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]