Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vanilla Ice

PvN73 Guest

Vanilla Ice

Robert Matthew Van Winkle (born October 31, 1967), better known as Vanilla Ice, is a Grammy Award nominated, American Music Award winning Americanrapper and actor known mostly for the 1990 single "Ice Ice Baby."
    He found major mainstream success, but his success lasted only about one year, and his rapid fall from popularity remains one of the most notorious in recent decades. Though Van Winkle has continued making music, he has yet to recapture anything approaching the level of mainstream success which he once enjoyed.

Van Winkle's first foray into the music industry is the little-known rap album Hooked, released in 1989 on an independent label. It sold about 48,000 copies -- successful for an independent release, though Hooked is still a rarity and something of a collector's item among fans. HE HAS FANS?
    His next album, To the Extreme, released in 1990, contained mostly new versions of the same songs as Hooked. The album featured Vanilla Ice's best-known single, "Ice Ice Baby", a rap song about his MC skills, the Miami scene, and a gun-fight on A1A/Beachfront Avenue
    Van Winkle starred in the motion picture Cool as Ice (1991), often colloquially referred to on blogs and online reviews as "The Vanilla Ice Movie." The film was a very loose remake of Rebel Without a Cause updated for the 1990s, starring Van Winkle as "Johnny,"
    Van Winkle's success also brought problems. "Ice Ice Baby" sampled the 1981 Queen and David Bowie collaboration "Under Pressure" without permission, and a lawsuit followed.
    Van Winkle returned to music in 1994 with Mind Blowin'. His image had been changed to a dreadlocked, marijuana-obsessed, tattooed gangsta, insisting that his former sound and image had been pressed on him by his record company.
    On July 4, 1994, Van Winkle attempted to commit suicide and made another attempt later that same year, citing drug abuse and anxiety surrounding his flagging career.
    In 1998, Hard to Swallow found Ice using a contemporarily popular alternative metal sound his press kit referred to as "skate rock" that could be described as musically similar to early Limp Bizkit or Korn. Van Winkle once again revised his image, and was now a tow-headed, pierced and tattooedheadbanger. The disc also included a revamped version of "Ice Ice Baby," renamed "Too Cold," and reinterpreted as a stomping heavy metal anthem.
    In 1999, Van Winkle appeared on an MTV special called MTV's 25 Lame in which MTV retired some of its worst videos. In 2002, Van Winkle was a participant in the reality show Celebrity Boxing. Actor Todd Bridges defeated Van Winkle by knocking him down several times during the event
    Van Winkle was arrested by police in Davie, Florida in January 2001 for assaulting his wife. According to the criminal complaint, they got into an argument as they drove on Interstate 595, with Ice allegedly pulling the hair from his wife's head. He pleaded guilty to charges of disorderly conduct in April 2001 and was sentenced to probation and ordered to attend family therapy sessions.

further info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla_ice

Lyrics to Ice Ice baby (you know you want to)- http://www.lyrics007.com/Vanilla%20Ice%20Lyrics/Ice%20Ice%20Baby%20Lyrics.html

Take that danny! I too can put bad music up here!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vanilla_Ice_Cool_as_Ice.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	2095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vanilla_Ice.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	2094

endsleigh03 Guest
    It just all became so embarassing for the poor boy.

SistaSara Guest

Vanilla Ice

jink

SistaSara Guest

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post
    I couldnt see him....

I kid you not as well, that he is coming to Australia next year. I am SO going. Tix are on sale on Monday for the Melb shows. I will take a snap shot of him and post it!
    I will also be sure to take heed, cause HE is the lyrical poet... with Miami on the scene in case you didnt know it

malaki Guest
    Hilarious Sista!!!! I thought maybe he died due to this thread..

SistaSara Guest

PvN73 Guest
    Thanks SISTA, I have now wet my pants from laughing at that sign.....

SistaSara Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    Thanks SISTA, I have now wet my pants from laughing at that sign.....
    she might have a few extra for ya...if ya need one.

dovescry1999 Guest
    [SIZE=5]WHAT IN GOD'S GREAT NAME???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?![/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][/SIZE]

PvN73 Guest
    you are total GOLD!

Here I am sneaking up on him already!

Name:	vanillaice_10jan.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	2097

SistaSara Guest
    you are total GOLD!

Here I am sneaking up on him already!

Name:	vanillaice_10jan.jpg 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	2097
    LOL...that is funny!

PvN73 Guest
    I want one of these - ebay here I come!

Name:	Vanilla_Ice toy.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	2099

"... In 2002, Van Winkle was a participant in the reality show Celebrity Boxing. Actor Todd Bridges defeated Van Winkle by knocking him down several times during the event"

haaaaaaaaa he got beaten up by willis!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    "... In 2002, Van Winkle was a participant in the reality show Celebrity Boxing. Actor Todd Bridges defeated Van Winkle by knocking him down several times during the event"

haaaaaaaaa he got beaten up by willis!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What you talking about Vanilla? haaa, can you see Arnold now saying that to him as he lays there KO'ed?

l wonder exactly what bowl he used for this cranial statement.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    l wonder exactly what bowl he used for this cranial statement.
    He is so truely sexy. Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis.....

here he is - just like our Danny!

Name:	vanilla-ice for the lady.JPG 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	2103

SistaSara Guest
    Ice Facts:

Robert Van Winkle
    Stage Name: Vanilla Ice
    Born: October 31, 1968
    Place of Birth: Miami Lakes, Florida
    Hair: Dark blond fade cut
    Eyes: Blue-green
    Height: 5' 11"
    Weight: 165
    Shoe Size:10 1/2
    Hobbies: Jet Skiing and pumping up the bass in his car!
    First Album: Hooked
    First Single: "Ice Ice Baby"
    First Solo Tour: Kicked off January 16, 1991.

PvN73 Guest
    Ice Facts:

Stage Name: Vanilla Ice
    Born: October 31, 1968
    Place of Birth: Miami Lakes, Florida
    Hair: Dark blond fade cut
    Eyes: Blue-green
    Height: 5' 11"
    Weight: 165
    Shoe Size:10 1/2
    Hobbies: Jet Skiing and pumping up the bass in his car!
    First Album: Hooked
    First Single: "Ice Ice Baby"
    First Solo Tour: Kicked off January 16, 1991.
    he is 40 next year - should we send him a card?

SistaSara Guest
    he is 40 next year - should we send him a card?

I am so down....maybe you could hand deliver it...

PvN73 Guest
    I am so down....maybe you could hand deliver it...
    I dont think I would use my hands to deliver it.... OYE!

SistaSara Guest
    Nike SB X Vanilla Ice Blazer

As part of the "Fallen Heroes" pack, Nike SB will release a Blazer, represeting Vanilla Ice. The sneaker looks great and comes in all red suede, baby blue swoosh and star embroidery on top of the swoosh. All in all a very well designed sneaker, with some nice details, without going over board, what we see quiete a lot from Nike SB sometimes. They are planned to be Relased in may.

PvN73 Guest
    Nike SB X Vanilla Ice Blazer

As part of the "Fallen Heroes" pack, Nike SB will release a Blazer, represeting Vanilla Ice. The sneaker looks great and comes in all red suede, baby blue swoosh and star embroidery on top of the swoosh. All in all a very well designed sneaker, with some nice details, without going over board, what we see quiete a lot from Nike SB sometimes. They are planned to be Relased in may.
    That is a sneaker freaker GOLD MINE!!!!

Here he is with another one of his friends!

Name:	vanilla with animal.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	2107

PvN73 Guest
    GOLD!

And I quote - It's not me, it's not my story, but there are a lot of things in the movie that relate to me. Like, um, ridin' motorcycles -- thats right up my alley"

WTF? haaaaa

Danny62 Guest
    He is so truely sexy. Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis.....

here he is - just like our Danny!

Name:	vanilla-ice for the lady.JPG 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	2103
    Oh I see, being compared to Vanilla Ice now!! Whoever he is??

Slim is still the king!! I bet Slim looks hot with no shirt on to!

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Oh I see, being compared to Vanilla Ice now!! Whoever he is??

Slim is still the king!! I bet Slim looks hot with no shirt on to!
    You KNOW that slim would look hot without a shirt Danny, you KNOW it.

When you work out, you have that pic of Vanilla Ice in front of you, to keep you going.. you so want to look like him... ICE ICE BABY

YO R.I.P!!!!! Let's Kill It!!

Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    YO R.I.P!!!!! Let's Kill It!!
    wow jason, you ARE on a roll. lol. diet cherry coke almost shot through my nose.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Quote Originally Posted by xoxojessicaxoxo View Post
    wow jason, you ARE on a roll. lol. diet cherry coke almost shot through my nose.
    That's gotta hurt... glad it didn't happen

That's gotta hurt... glad it didn't happen
    psh. it was your doing, not mine. as if i have control of my nasal cavity! ha!
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Lisamarie Guest
    I met him a long time ago and he was so sweet, my brother and myself were sitting outside the radio station he worked at waiting for him to get off and Vanialla Ice steps out the door...and my brother says to me thats vanialla ice and I was like yeah right...so I walked right up to him and asked him are you vanalla ice?? and he said sometimes .....He talked with us for a while and was so nice.I couldent believe this was the ice ice baby guy!!! And he was taking time out to talke to two no bodies!! He was a real gentleman. And as he was walking away I said hey loose the zero and get with the hero and he laughed and said he couldent belive I said that....he has some pretty blue eyes............he a good looking guy....and nice who would have thought he wuld be so nice.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    I met him a long time ago and he was so sweet, my brother and myself were sitting outside the radio station he worked at waiting for him to get off and Vanialla Ice steps out the door...and my brother says to me thats vanialla ice and I was like yeah right...so I walked right up to him and asked him are you vanalla ice?? and he said sometimes .....He talked with us for a while and was so nice.I couldent believe this was the ice ice baby guy!!! And he was taking time out to talke to two no bodies!! He was a real gentleman. And as he was walking away I said hey loose the zero and get with the hero and he laughed and said he couldent belive I said that....he has some pretty blue eyes............he a good looking guy....and nice who would have thought he wuld be so nice.
    OMG! I am so jealous of you Lisamarie!!!!

SistaSara Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    got any pictures???

Kellycatt1 Guest
    Now gosh darn it. I am going to have that song in my head forever. Wasn't he on surreal life too??

Slice Slice Baby by Death Hag Van Wrinkle

YO R.I.P, Let's Kill It... Slice, Slice baby
    alright STOP, while I peep this victim
    Slice is back with a brand new dictum
    Someone grabbed a hold of her tightly, she fought like a buffoon daily and nightly
    DID HE EVER STOP? Yo, I guess no
    Turned off the lights and presto
    Cut her air stream and blocked her pipe with a candle
    tied to her bed he used an AX like a vandal

If there was a death yo I'll search it
    Join in the forum or step aside and lurch it
    Slice, Slice Baby.

<I should partner up with Weird Al>
    Last edited by Jason; 12-07-2007 at 05:12 AM.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Vanilla is an extremely hot looking homosexual. Are there any nude photos?

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    Debated on whether I should post this, but, what the hell. I'm the DJ who "accidentally" "broke" Vanilla Ice into the business. If you see the episode on him on VH1 called "Behind the Scenes," you'll note it says he was 'discovered' by a "deejay in south Georgia." First of all, it's not south Georgia, and secondly, they could have at least given me honorable mention -- even though it TRULY was not my fault. We were hosting a group of Junior Acheivement kids at the station that night. While I was on the air in one room, the PD was in the next room with them just kidding around, looking for instrumentals to do his own raps to. One of the kids says, hey, try this one, and he did. The kids fell in love with the instrumental to "Ice Ice Baby" instantly. They flooded into the air-room and begged me to put the vocal on the air. This was a great group of young'uns -- they'd been invited to the station a couple of times before. So I obliged them and played the stupid record.
    OMG.
    Now, he *is* a nice guy in person, believe it or not. But you would not believe the FLAK I get in the industry for breaking that idiot. They are never, but never going to let me live it down -- even though they know full and well I didn't break the guy, the reality is those kids did.
    Either way, I later got a bit pissed at him because the mofo is ordering lambourghinis (sp?) at 300K a pop, and what does he give me? A personalized "Vanilla Ice" leather jacket. Whoop-tee-doo-doo.

Oh btw, the biz about his original management creating his image for him and telling him to do that? That's 100% true, we saw that with our own eyes. His first tour manager Harry was just not very experienced, and I don't think Ice knew any better, so he repeated the crap (his fake history) that he was told to repeat. He got pretty reamed over that. But it's not unusual for management to do that with a new or relatively inexperienced artist.

You want Ice stories? Your girl's got the *real* inside scoop. But industry folk still tease me about it to this day .. I'm lucky I have any legitimacy whatsoever after all that looool

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    What the hell is THAT ??? I'm not that familiar with Vanilla Ice but if this is a "then and now" the guy's in a lot of trouble...

Guest Guest
    [size=7]stop![/size]

GrinReaper Guest
    Interesting that felons also wear orange jump suits!
    Coincidence or something else?
    Maybe it's a sign of things to come.
    Ship 'em into space but don't let 'em come back.
    A one way ticket to the sun perhaps?

PvN73 Guest

Someone grabbed a hold of her tightly, she fought like a buffoon daily and nightly

Slice, Slice Baby.

I would suggest that you stick with your day job! haaa

Quote Originally Posted by Noor 7ayaty View Post
    Debated on whether I should post this, but, what the hell. I'm the DJ who "accidentally" "broke" Vanilla Ice into the business.
    You want Ice stories? Your girl's got the *real* inside scoop. But industry folk still tease me about it to this day .. I'm lucky I have any legitimacy whatsoever after all that looool
    Of course we want some ice stories - out with it!!!! Who decided to shave his eyebrows? that was just great how sooo many knobs then went out and did that too!!

Great story - thanks!

Guest Guest
    collaborate and listen!

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    LOL Dear!

Of course we want some ice stories - out with it!!!! Who decided to shave his eyebrows? that was just great how sooo many knobs then went out and did that too!!
    I'm sure he'd love to take credit for it (loool) but actually he was mimicking other rap artists, such as Kid - n - Play.

OK so since he 'launched' in this city, he came back a while later to do a gratitude concert. The police got called to the hotel afterwards three times. At one point Ice and I, his two bodyguards, and at least six females were hiding out in one of the rooms, because we found out one was underage. We weren't drinking, but one of the girls was, so our fear was Ice would get charged with contributing to a minor, our little city is not fond of anything associated with rap. We cut the lights out and sat there watching them trying to get a glimpse inside, but they didn't knock, they were just looking for probable cause.

A good deal of the problem was partyers in the hotel parking lot, we weren't bothering anyone in the individual suites, but the cops were curious about four or five women who seemed to be standing in a line outside the door. Later we went into the suite next door and found out why: they were all waiting very patiently for their turn to bed Ice's road deejay. There were two other members in the room getting their freak on as well LoL The thing I remember -- besides being ten shades of red -- was that they simply stopping erm screwing, gave snippets of interviews from their beds (by now I'm crying I'm laughing so hard I can't operate the recorder), I told them they were insane and left. LOL Oh yeah, they also had this great big silver bowl that was [only lol] half-full of a veritable rainbow of condoms, just sitting there on the table closest to the door. Ice was still relatively new to being on the road, and we left that suite just howling.

Afterward I had a talk with his then-manager, and he said he was just letting them get their kicks that night before settling into the serious work of touring officially, which is a whole 'nother story. Very nice guy but seemed a bit green at the craft; and yes, he was the one who told Ice to claim all that crap about being from a 'hood (he wasn't) and being involved in a violent past and what not (he himself admits he has a very hot, quick temper, I think he's 'done' anger-management at least once in recent years) but I don't think he used to be a gang member. Side trivia: He and Luther Campbell ("Luke [Now Lucas Sued Me] Sywalker" of the 2 Live Crew) attended the same high school, I am pretty sure he was one of the first people to expose part of Winkle's truer past.

Overall though, sweet guy, very nice. Very funny. And far more talented than his debut might suggest .. he's just not 'catching the breaks.'

Incidentally I later got pissed because my PD stepped right over me and claimed *he* had broken Ice -- no mention of me whatsoever. So when Ice 'went south,' so to speak, the stunk clung to my PD far more than me Those male deejays can be *quite* the backstabbing divas. Don't even get me started lol

sheri Guest

Slice, Slice Baby.

thanks Jason...now I will hear the music in my head while your lyrics spin...

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noor 7ayaty View Post
    LOL Dear!

I'm sure he'd love to take credit for it (loool) but actually he was mimicking other rap artists, such as Kid - n - Play.

OK so since he 'launched' in this city, he came back a while later to do a Incidentally I later got pissed because my PD stepped right over me and claimed *he* had broken Ice -- no mention of me whatsoever. So when Ice 'went south,' so to speak, the stunk clung to my PD far more than me Those male deejays can be *quite* the backstabbing divas. Don't even get me started lol
    Thanks muchly Noor7ayaty - what an ace story! I wont be to look at him again without thinking of that. I will never understand for the life of me chicks who wait out the hotel room for their pop stars hoping for some action (and then just put out for some person who knows someone who knows someone in the band... the mind boggles!)

Lisamarie Guest
    sorry no pics, I was waiting on my dad and had no clue he was there ..but like I said he was so sweet! To this day I cannot get over how nice this famouse guy was to three raggedy kids..my family was poor as hell so me and my bro and sister always looked like we steped outta a trailor..cause we did. But he acted like we were so important.That meant the world to me. And if I ever had the chance to meet him again I would say thankyou. He was pretty damn fine I must say....those eyes...on another note anyone ever read about Freddie Mercury reaction to his theft of the beat.....took the high road......class......thats my freddie.

I think I heard they settled out of court? not sure about that.

MorbidMolly Guest
    I`m still pissing my pants over his last name.....LMAO.......egads Batman...

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    I just came in here to see if he had died. Failing this, look at this impression of him:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=0A7tLVIsuNw