Thread: Conrad Bain

ajlposh Guest

Conrad Bain

TMZ has reported that Conrad Bain of Diff'rent Strokes fame has died. RIP

Awwww.. RIP Mr. Drummond. I always liked him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Is it wrong that Todd Bridges, who for awhile was giving Dana Plato a run for her money, is the only one from the main cast who is still alive?
    RIP Mr. Drummond
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

lisalouver Guest
    Awww, just watched Different Strokes last night

RIP

Elizabeth Guest
    I thought he had passed away already.....oops!!!

But RIP.....I remember you from "Maude" too....good comedic actor....

And now he's off to that "Very Special Episode" in the sky.

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

lol

Can't believe he just about lasted the longest, seeing as how he was oldest on the show. I used to love watching it when I was a kid, until they brought that hideous Sam kid in. I remember the very special episode where Dudley and Arnold are in the molesters apartment. Wasn't that Gordon Jump?

RIP Mr. Bain!

Rest in peace Mr. Drummond.

Super Sad Face... =((((( I always wanted a Super Cracker Daddy like him - especially the rich part!
    My Posse's On Broadway

RIP Mr Drummond
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

radiojane Guest
    I remember seeing him on someone's 2013 dead pool and going "Gee why didn't I think of him??"

Was he the last of the Maude cast still kicking? Or is Walter still alive? And didn't he have a twin?

Conrad Bain was from Lethbridge, where my grandparents lived when I was growing up. I remember reading that he was instrumental in starting an actor's credit union back when actors were considered a bad risk by the banks.

Wendy A. Guest
    dang, I hate to hear this! RIP Mr. D!

phirerednga Guest
    so sad to hear this....RIP

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    I remember seeing him on someone's 2013 dead pool and going "Gee why didn't I think of him??"

Was he the last of the Maude cast still kicking? Or is Walter still alive? And didn't he have a twin?

Conrad Bain was from Lethbridge, where my grandparents lived when I was growing up. I remember reading that he was instrumental in starting an actor's credit union back when actors were considered a bad risk by the banks.
    He did indeed have a twin! His twin brother played his brother on Maude in one episode!

Bill Macy (Walter) from Maude is still alive and well, the only one of the four (unless you count Adreinne Barbeau - she would make 5, Maudes daughter, Carol).

I'm bummed.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

JudyAnn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    He did indeed have a twin! His twin brother played his brother on Maude in one episode!
    I just read on TMZ that his twin brother's name is Bonar! Bonar Bain! Is it wrong that I giggled like a twelve year old at this?

Man, I was watching him on an episode of Maude just last night and thinking how cool it was that he was still alive. Oh well.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

I got 11 points.
    R.I.P. Mr. Bain.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Bill Macy (Walter) from Maude is still alive and well, the only one of the four (unless you count Adreinne Barbeau - she would make 5, Maudes daughter, Carol).

Don't forget the two kids that played Carol's son Phillip, not to mention Fred Grandy who played Carol's boyfriend (then Carol's husband?). I remember that Phillip was first played by a blonde, then a brunette, whereas on The Partridge Family the youngest son was first played by a brunette, then a blonde.
    As far as I know, the entire Partridge cast is still alive, including Dave Madden (aka Reuben Kincaid).

More useless trivia: I forgot that the actress who now provides the voice of "Mrs. Puff" the driving instructor on Spongebob is still alive, she played one of the maids on Strokes. Much like Marcia Wallace, she found later fame providing her distinctive voice to an animated cartoon.

Oh how I will miss him. Seriously. He was awesome. Loved him on both DS and Maude.

RIP Conrad.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonams View Post
    Is it wrong that Todd Bridges, who for awhile was giving Dana Plato a run for her money, is the only one from the main cast who is still alive?
    RIP Mr. Drummond
    Who would have ever thought
    RIP Mr Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by JudyAnn View Post
    I just read on TMZ that his twin brother's name is Bonar! Bonar Bain! Is it wrong that I giggled like a twelve year old at this?
    I swear, I did the same thing!

I swear, I did the same thing!
    As did I. Good thing his last name wasn't Johnson.

cameralady Guest
    RIP Mr. Drummond
    I had to check; Charlotte Rae is still alive too. (That's no small feat, considering that according to IMDB, she battled pancreatic cancer and lived to tell about it. How many people get to do that? Her sister died of the same disease.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post

Don't forget the two kids that played Carol's son Phillip, not to mention Fred Grandy who played Carol's boyfriend (then Carol's husband?). I remember that Phillip was first played by a blonde, then a brunette, whereas on The Partridge Family the youngest son was first played by a brunette, then a blonde.
    As far as I know, the entire Partridge cast is still alive, including Dave Madden (aka Reuben Kincaid).

More useless trivia: I forgot that the actress who now provides the voice of "Mrs. Puff" the driving instructor on Spongebob is still alive, she played one of the maids on Strokes. Much like Marcia Wallace, she found later fame providing her distinctive voice to an animated cartoon.
    Is that Mary Jo Catlett? I'm not sure how to spell her name. Charlotte Rae is still alive. If you get a chance, watch her on "Car 54, Where Are You?" on Me-tv. It is hilarious.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by cameralady View Post
    I had to check; Charlotte Rae is still alive too. (That's no small feat, considering that according to IMDB, she battled pancreatic cancer and lived to tell about it. How many people get to do that? Her sister died of the same disease.)
    Y'know, I totally forgot about her! I always associate Charlotte with Facts of Life, and tend to forget about Different Strokes.

The Lucky One Guest
    R.I.P. Mr Drummond. You are now with Dixie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post

I can remember years ago watching SCTV and they used to
    make jokes about Conrad Bain's twin brother.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Conrad Bain had a recurring role on the old "Dark Shadows" as Mr. Wells, the innkeeper. Well, it recurred over 2 years apart. His final appearance was the character's death at the claws and jaws of the resident werewolf. One of the most gruesome on-screen murders on that series, but made a bit silly by the ridiculous specs Bain had to wear in that episode (which he had not had in the early days and may have been used by another character.) Scroll to the bottom of this page to see the small screen caps:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...ad.php?t=43477

RIP, he was the first TV dad I remember from my childhood.

I was just reading about him too he said he felt bad he hadn't been able to help his co-stars more as they all seemed troubled .Only the housekeeper and one son left now.

I can't believe I forgot to post a RIP to Mr. Drummond!

It took me a sec to get the Dixie Carter reference- I forgot she was on it. I believe the lady who played their last housekeeper "Pearl"- is still alive- I just saw her on an old Glee episode from about a year or two ago (yes, I watch it- back off haters...)
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013