Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre

School had just installed new safety protocols

maybe there should be more security type people/things at schools. This goes back to what I said at another shooting post, I would say get more security, more perhaps metal dectectors, .... more anything that has to do with higher security & not just at schools but movie theatres, shopping centers... anywhere. I don't know what else to think of as far as security being in place.

To the people who is against that idea, you suggest something better??????

Obviously anyone can go into any building, with any weapon, and ..take out anyone.

**I need to make clear I did not read the thread above mine with the heading School Had New Security Features before I posted this. Please forgive me.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Thanks for that link, Kate.

After reading the school's notice to parents, this begs the question...how did someone dressed in assault garb and a vest, armed with 2 or more weapons, gain entry to inside the school? Did he shoot the person nearest the door at the time? What?

The media is using this to focus on the whole gun control issue. Pisses me off. If they take away our right to bear arms then they are taking away more of our constitutional rights and that's a bad bad path for this country to go down. It's another step towards a communist government. Gun control won't stop things like this. Criminals don't obey gun control laws.
    I'm not trying to diminish the fact that this is a horrible tragedy but the media is using it as another tool to sway the population into giving up our right to bear arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Problem is a lot of guns can be illegally modified to become that. CT has pretty strict gun laws, but we can't stop people who bring guns across state lines. This school did everything right and this still happened.
    Hey, Miho. Thanks for keeping us posted from the inside, per se. Apparently the police lieutenant said counseling would be available/provided for all the first responders...I imagine every single witness (from first responders, to fellow classmates of the victims) would need it. Thanks for what you do.

I've never seen a President cry...I don't think so, anyway. This is definitely the occasion for tears and grief.
    Gun control wouldn't work as well as mind control, and restriction of freedom of speech. But this is America, and that should not occur. If automatic weapons are outlawed in America (and they probably should be), the psychos will still silently build their explosives, fill their gasoline tanks, and methodically kill with very little warning.
    But the most important thing to remember today is the kids and families of those lost. Defenseless, trusting children - one of the worst atrocities to occur in America, ever.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

endsleigh03 Guest
    Of course gun control comes up at a time like this.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Thanks for that link, Kate.

After reading the school's notice to parents, this begs the question...how did someone dressed in assault garb and a vest, armed with 2 or more weapons, gain entry to inside the school? Did he shoot the person nearest the door at the time? What?
    Last I heard, the doors to the school would lock at 9:30, and the shooter walked in just before.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    Last I heard, the doors to the school would lock at 9:30, and the shooter walked in just before.
    Rita Crosby is on CNN right now saying she has been told by someone in the school that he shot out a window (perhaps in a door to reach in and unlock it) to gain access. That said he could have easily walked in just before, and he could have been known to people at the school.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Of course gun control comes up at a time like this.
    As well it should

I don;t understand the Neanderthal attitude about having guns
    It's sick

MunstersBabe Guest
    We are not safe anywhere. My heart is broken for those lost and the families that have to bear the grief.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Those little kids shouldn't have had anything more on their minds than excitement about the coming winter break and instead they are laying splattered and dead in a school room.

Really?? your interviewing the kids?? wtf kind of fuckery is that?? fucking media

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Rita Crosby is on CNN right now saying she has been told by someone in the school that he shot out a window (perhaps in a door to reach in and unlock it) to gain access. That said he could have easily walked in just before, and he could have been known to people at the school.
    Thanks for the update, I had to change the channel, it was scaring my little boy.

I tend not to believe in heaven or hell, but it's times like these I really hope with every fiber of my being, that there is one of each, and the people involved in today's tragedy are in there rightful places. I hope the shooter is burning in the hottest hell fire for what he has done.

What is this fucking world coming to? This is beyond tragic and heartbreaking.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    Thanks for the update, I had to change the channel, it was scaring my little boy.

I tend not to believe in heaven or hell, but it's times like these I really hope with every fiber of my being, that there is one of each, and the people involved in today's tragedy are in there rightful places. I hope the shooter is burning in the hottest hell fire for what he has done.
    I agree. Especially now that although they are saying the mother was the target, they have said she was in fact found at the home and was killed before he went to the school. They then speculated that he went to the school because he could have had an argument with his mother and went to what she held most dear (her school/students) but that doesn't even make sense because she was already dead and wouldn't know. This was even more senseless than before considering this. He needs to be burning in hell. I find it curious that they won't confirm he took his own life but area also saying the police have confirmed that none of them discharged weapons. I wonder if that means someone in the school was armed and took the guy out?

What a vicious horrible act. I am sitting here with my mouth open in shock. What kind of creature takes the lives of so many innocents this way?
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

I hope autopsy results will reveal whether or not the shooter was on prescription drugs. The gun control debate usually obliterates the role other factors could have played in this tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by StudioJoe View Post
    I hope autopsy results will reveal whether or not the shooter was on prescription drugs. The gun control debate usually obliterates the role other factors could have played in this tragedy.
    I am trying to find a link but another crime forum had posted that he was either Autistic or had Aspergers

Since I can't find the info I hesitated to mention it.
    I'll keep looking

Here is a link

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/connectic...ing-to-report/
    Last edited by shipmatekate; 12-14-2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: add link

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I agree. Especially now that although they are saying the mother was the target, they have said she was in fact found at the home and was killed before he went to the school. They then speculated that he went to the school because he could have had an argument with his mother and went to what she held most dear (her school/students) but that doesn't even make sense because she was already dead and wouldn't know. This was even more senseless than before considering this. He needs to be burning in hell. I find it curious that they won't confirm he took his own life but area also saying the police have confirmed that none of them discharged weapons. I wonder if that means someone in the school was armed and took the guy out?
    I know, it makes no sense. I saw right before I put cartoons on about the mom being dead in his or her home. Then why go to the school? I hope someone at the school shot him and he didn't take his own life,and I hope he suffered. Seems like they always kill themselves though. Have they said if he killed his father as well? I feel so bad for the families that lost children and loved ones, and I feel bad for the shooters brother. I cannot imagine what he's going through either.

I haven't heard anything about the father lately, after they changed the info from him being dead to the mother being dead. One of the reporters who was talking to a neighbor said that some people were surprised to hear the parents were divorced so that it might have been a recent thing. I don't know that he was in the picture but they didn't seem to have any information on him in this whole thing.

edit: It is now confirmed that Adam Lanza was the shooter, and they now believe the weapons were all registered to the mother, Nancy.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 12-14-2012 at 03:46 PM.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Ooh..... The guns were registered to his mom.

And it was Adam.

Wendy A. Guest
    Registered to the mother? Wow! I hope for the shooters remaining siblings, that their father is still alive.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Not such a good idea to have guns in the house when you have a loony-bits son. And there are some indications that he was.

I agree, and sad to have your own son use your guns against you. And all those poor children and adults at the school. I mean there are so many more victims than just the dead.. all those traumatized kids, who are just too young to understand how they are lucky to be alive.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Not such a good idea to have guns in the house when you have a loony-bits son. And there are some indications that he was.
    Got that right, loony and demented!

I just saw an update online, and they're saying the shooter committed suicide. I was really hoping he got shot and suffered. Here's the update I just read. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,4678476.story
    Last edited by Wendy A.; 12-14-2012 at 04:02 PM.

How can something that one just reported on be "unspeakable"?

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    maybe there should be more security type people/things at schools. This goes back to what I said at another shooting post, I would say get more security, more perhaps metal dectectors, .... more anything that has to do with higher security & not just at schools but movie theatres, shopping centers... anywhere. I don't know what else to think of as far as security being in place.

To the people who is against that idea, you suggest something better??????
    I think history has shown us you can never 100% stop the risk of something like this happening. You can reduce it, but never stop it. Not unless you are willing to trade 100% of your freedom for the illusion of 100% security.
    And for the "no guns" crowd, that won't work either. Timothy McVeigh killed 150+ with fertilizer and Islamic extremists killed 3000 with box cutters and motivation.

Bidmor Guest
    This was fast...too fast...just as genuine as Obama's crocodile tears. Next will be the resurrection of the UN gun grab treaty which was delayed until after the election.

"Gun control petition clears White House threshold"
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/g...mF2aXR5;_ylv=3

Older brother Ryan is saying Adam was autistic.
    Cindy

harlequin_clown Guest
    What's really agonizing to me is those poor little babies that did survive now have THIS to remember every Christmas instead of warm, loving, and happy memories for the rest of their lives. That son of a bitch. I cannot shake my grief over this, no more than 5 or 6 years old, how terrified they must have been, how they were probably crying for their mommy and daddy. I can't handle it. I am really overcome by this.

heaven01uk Guest
    I have no words for this, its just horrible and sad. Poor kids, poor teachers.

Wendy A. Guest
    I don't think taking away our guns will stop or solve anything. We need to figure out why folks here in the US are going bat shit crazy and committing murders and massacres. Other countries in the world that have gun rights don't have NEAR the problems with these kind of crimes.

PurrPurr Guest
    Some people's priorities are really screwed up.

Read a post from a friend of mine earlier where he'd found a bunch of tweets from people complaining they couldn't see Justin Bieber on the Ellen show because of the shooting coverage. WTH is wrong with people?!!!

God forbid these losers' lives are disrupted because 20 innocent kids were murdered. [/sarcasm]

Why on earth kill anyone, especially little children? I don't understand. He killed his Mom at home, then went to her school to kill her entire class? Who was with the class if the Mom was at home dead?
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Older brother Ryan is saying Adam was autistic.
    I would really surprised if he had traditional Autism. If he had any type of Autism at all it was likely Asperger's. And if he did have either, that in and of itself probably had little to do with what happened today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    Why on earth kill anyone, especially little children? I don't understand. He killed his Mom at home, then went to her school to kill her entire class? Who was with the class if the Mom was at home dead?
    My guess would be a very unlucky substitute teacher. This is so sad. I just hope the little ones died fast, and didn't have time to be scared or realize what was happening. This is what I'll try to think. Please let there be a hell, and let this fucker (shooter) be roasting!

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post

Read a post from a friend of mine earlier where he'd found a bunch of tweets from people complaining they couldn't see Justin Bieber on the Ellen show because of the shooting coverage. WTH is wrong with people?!!!

God forbid these losers' lives are disrupted because 20 innocent kids were murdered. [/sarcasm]
    What a bunch of idiots. And actually the Biebs was on Ellen here at least. Dr. Phil was preempted with coverage, which I had taped, so I watched that and then turned that channel on to continue watching the coverage, and it was Bieber. Blech. Then I turned to CNN.

So there was only 1 wounded, everyone else was killed. Also sounds like it was concentrated in two rooms, so I'm assuming a kindergarten room and a 4th grade room. The principal and school counselor went out in the hall when they heard the shots and that's how they were killed. Another person ran out with them who was not shot.

Reading this just now, I know that Ellen D will tweet &/or say something on Mon's show that will be an apology or some acknowledgement to the childrens' families

and if he shot out a window, its just a shame that no-one heard it or had enough time to lock the doors or get all the kids safe.

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    Reading this just now, I know that Ellen D will tweet &/or say something on Mon's show that will be an apology or some acknowledgement to the childrens' families

and if he shot out a window, its just a shame that no-one heard it or had enough time to lock the doors or get all the kids safe.
    I'm actually a little confused abut the window being shot out thing... they say they have it on tape with the dispatcher... so I don't understand how they had called 911 before he got in. I wonder if it was some other glass breaking that is on tape. I guess they will confirm later if one of the windows on the door was in fact broken.

Why in the hell did Mom need a Bushmaster .223?

Imagine if the teachers and principles had a weapon in the holster...they would all be safe. Or safer.
    Last edited by Tiffany; 12-14-2012 at 05:49 PM.

I don't want a armed person teaching my kids and the guy had a assault rifle, if the teacher were armed it would not have mattered.

PurrPurr Guest
    Connecticut Shooter Adam Lanza: 'Obviously Not Well'

http://gma.yahoo.com/connecticut-sho...opstories.html

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I don't want a armed person teaching my kids and the guy had a assault rifle, if the teacher were armed it would not have mattered.
    Why is that?

Connecticut Shooter Adam Lanza: 'Obviously Not Well'

http://gma.yahoo.com/connecticut-sho...opstories.html
    LOL @ that headline. Ya think?!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Don't understand why she had so MANY guns.

stay_zee Guest
    Lets not make this thread about gun control. Lets make this thread about the crime and the victims. If you feel and overwhelming urge to make a statement about gun control for or against - you can always start a separate thread about it.

Miho, when you said you were responding, I thought you were kidding because you have that machine gun kitty avatar. lol Bless you for being there to help those poor families.
    It made me tear up when I heard about this travesty. My grand daughter is only 7 and I can't imagine losing her.

Bless all the families and people affected.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Once again, I can understand him having an issue against his mother. I can even understand someone who has been taunted and bullied for years, losing it and going off... But, these are innocent little 5 and 6 year old children! Then, to find out he had already killed his mother at their house, why the fuck did he go to the school and murder those babies!! And the guns belonged to HER... Why DID she have an assault rifle?

Crazy!
    A man stabbed 22 children at a school in China today:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1220230
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.