Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre

OH thats interesting. While we are at it, throw OCD and autism in there I suppose I think brilliant people are more prone to all these things. Thinking about and over thinking things in life can be torture. More simple minded folks tend to be more impulsive and less thought out in their crimes. More disorganized.

I have worked with many exotic animals and yes, captivity was very difficult for the more intelligent species. Stress, boredom, bad social groups forced to live in small enclosures made neurosis common. I have read that there is a spindle cell or something shared ...its back in the Orca kills Trainer thread....with the more intelligent animals including humans.

And, if she took her kid to a range to learn how to shoot then she must not have felt at the time he was dangerous would be my guess. Since moving to Kentucky, I have noticed this is something that a lot of people like to do. Wait....they do have a gun club in the Hamptons even. Its in Wainscott NYby the airport...so I guess its popular everywhere. My Dad taught me how to shoot a 22 rifle when I was young but I never had a passion for it. I dont have a gun. My Son did go shoot a few times with a trusted adult friend of ours with a few of his friends.
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

I saw tonight that he lived in a windowless basement with pictures of guns and tanks on the wall. My take on this is that the divorce SEVERELY affected both the mother and her son. I think this woman was stressed beyond belief, because the father was not in her mentally-challenged son's life. She had told a friend of hers that she had finally found a connection with him, and that was the interest in shooting. It's also rumored that she was one of these "doomsday prepper" types, so that probably factors in, as well. I think she was misguided by teaching him to shoot, but she was DESPERATE to make her son feel/be normal. Of course, this was all to her detriment, but common sense seemed to be thrown out with window with her, at this point. He didn't show affection, and did not feel any physical pain. Aspergers seemed to be the LEAST of his problems.

Great post. Yeah, and seeing how the father filed for divorce and had remarried while the mother seemingly was still by herself with the son. If there were another woman involved with the break up which seems likely then the mother may have had emotional grief issues at least for awhile which may have affected her and therefore the son.
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    I saw tonight that he lived in a windowless basement with pictures of guns and tanks on the wall. My take on this is that the divorce SEVERELY affected both the mother and her son. I think this woman was stressed beyond belief, because the father was not in her mentally-challenged son's life. She had told a friend of hers that she had finally found a connection with him, and that was the interest in shooting. It's also rumored that she was one of these "doomsday prepper" types, so that probably factors in, as well. I think she was misguided by teaching him to shoot, but she was DESPERATE to make her son feel/be normal. Of course, this was all to her detriment, but common sense seemed to be thrown out with window with her, at this point. He didn't show affection, and did not feel any physical pain. Aspergers seemed to be the LEAST of his problems.
    That big house and he lived in a windowless basement?

babyblujems Guest
    Interview with the pastor of the sole survivor of the two rooms.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...r-played-dead/

carrieanne Guest
    There was a sole survivor from one classroom. The second class had 6 fatalities, 7 children found alive in a closet and 6 more survivors found in a neighbor's driveway, having run out in terror after witnessing their teacher's murder.

tarsier Guest
    Lot's of question but there still don't seem to be a lot of real answers just tons of speculation on thew nature of his presumed condition his relationships within the family. It's getting a bit Casey Anthony to me wher I'm convinced when it all washes out the conclusions will still be wrong.

There is an interview with Adam Lanza's BARBER on cnn.com. Unless one of the victims comes back to life, I think the media will have to move on pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    There is an interview with Adam Lanza's BARBER on cnn.com. Unless one of the victims comes back to life, I think the media will have to move on pretty soon.
    Well, let me rephrase that... they SHOULD move on.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Well, let me rephrase that... they SHOULD move on.
    Yeah, that's scraping the bottom of the barrel there.. I also thought that when someone in the media asked the ME during his press conference what were the kids wearing.

Has anyone else heard that the older brother and the Father had not had contact with the mother & the POS in a couple of years? There is so much BS being spread about this that I am not sure what to believe and what not to believe.

"IF" that is true that could say alot about the Mother & the kid... I just have a feeling she knew he was jacked up and babied him and that disgusted the other half of the family that's why they wanted nothing to do with them.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Wendy A. Guest
    I've not heard that.. but I did see an article where she was looking to downsize and was traveling the world in search of a suitable home for her and her son? Doesn't make sense to me. Here's the article. Why not just put him in a mental institution?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ly-secret.html

Wendy A. Guest
    Newtown CT. is asking for help. They need Firefighters and police to help for a wall to shield the families from the Westboro Baptist Church. If anyone would be able to help, or knows anyone who is willing, send me a PM, and I can forward you the contact info. Thanks.
    Last edited by Wendy A.; 12-19-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Jacksmum Guest
    Wendy, please post this on FB, I'm sure you'll get lots of responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    Newtown CT. is asking for help. They need Firefighters and police to help for a wall to shield the families from the Westboro Baptist Church. If anyone would be able to help, or knows anyone who is willing, send me a PM, and I can forward you the contact info. Thanks.

Someone is doing something

Update

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...p_ref=religion
    Last edited by shipmatekate; 12-19-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    Wendy, please post this on FB, I'm sure you'll get lots of responses.
    It's on there. Thanks

Letter from 6 year old's best friend. Heartbreaking and precious.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...191902176.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Thanks for the update! That is awesome! I love how Anonymous posted where they were staying! Motel 6.. keepin' it classy! I hope they all get bed bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Thank god for bikers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Thanks for the update! That is awesome! I love how Anonymous posted where they were staying! Motel 6.. keepin' it classy! I hope they all get bed bugs.

Hope they didn't keep the light on!

Mammy Guest
    I have wondered if differences in the mother and father's opinion on how to best deal with their son may have been part of the reason for their divorce? I agree that the mother likely babied him and the father may have thought that wasn't the best approach and wanted to handle him in a different way and it caused conflict. I'm just speculating.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I have wondered if differences in the mother and father's opinion on how to best deal with their son may have been part of the reason for their divorce? I agree that the mother likely babied him and the father may have thought that wasn't the best approach and wanted to handle him in a different way and it caused conflict. I'm just speculating.
    You may be on to something there, Mammy.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I was just going thru the obituaries at the ctpost.com.

Painful, and the guest books are heavy with entries.

Two pages of obits for 6-year-olds, surrounded by a few for octogenarians and up. Sad and surreal! I wonder how many of those older folks knew about this horror before they died, and wondered at how this could happen in this modern era, when THEY had all survived the Depression and a couple of wars and life's other ups and downs, including a few who survived some of their own children through the years.

Talk about Really Bad Choices... Ms. Lanza left Adam home alone for two days prior to the catastrophe, visiting her home state of New Hampshire (though they don't mention whether she spent time with her relatives.) This is NOT a rumor. There are receipts and witnesses and everything. This was apparently something she did from time to time if she thought he was functional.

So Adam had PLENTY of time to prepare for his "adventure." Given that it's almost a 5-hour trip from that part of NH, and her Thursday check-out time from the hotel at noon, Nancy could have gotten home no earlier than around 5:00 PM. Maybe she was so tired afterward, she didn't feel up to checking more than the obvious at home, nor was up to talking with the kid.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/report-na...efore-rampage/

The Lanza remains have not been officially claimed, though apparently the mother's side of the family is planning arrangements for her in New Hampshire. It's complicated. The older son (who was allegedly estranged) is technically the next-of-kin for the mother, but the dead son is technically the responsibility of the father.

If these were MY relatives I would NOT want them in MY family plot, even in the backwoods of NH. Who needs the probable harassment and possible desecration of a cemetery? Even if her brother is a police chief up there.

Donate Adam's body to see if ANYTHING can be learned from his brain, and cremate the mother, and scatter or put the ashes away somewhere safe for a few years.

http://www.thetranscript.com/ci_2221...dies-unclaimed
    Last edited by Linnie; 12-19-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    Two pages of obits for 6-year-olds, surrounded by a few for octogenarians and up. Sad and surreal! I wonder how many of those older folks knew about this horror before they died, and wondered at how this could happen in this modern era, when THEY had all survived the Depression and a couple of wars and life's other ups and downs, including a few who survived some of their own children through the years.

Talk about Really Bad Choices... Ms. Lanza left Adam home alone for two days prior to the catastrophe, visiting her home state of New Hampshire (though they don't mention whether she spent time with her relatives.) This is NOT a rumor. There are receipts and witnesses and everything. This was apparently something she did from time to time if she thought he was functional.

So Adam had PLENTY of time to prepare for his "adventure." Given that it's almost a 5-hour trip from that part of NH, and her Thursday check-out time from the hotel at noon, Nancy could have gotten home no earlier than around 5:00 PM. Maybe she was so tired afterward, she didn't feel up to checking more than the obvious at home, nor was up to talking with the kid.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/report-na...efore-rampage/

The Lanza remains have not been officially claimed, though apparently the mother's side of the family is planning arrangements for her in New Hampshire. It's complicated. The older son (who was allegedly estranged) is technically the next-of-kin for the mother, but the dead son is technically the responsibility of the father.

If these were MY relatives I would NOT want them in MY family plot, even in the backwoods of NH. Who needs the probable harassment and possible desecration of a cemetery?

Donate Adam's body to see if ANYTHING can be learned from his brain, and cremate the mother, and scatter or put the ashes away somewhere safe for a few years.

That's a great idea if there is a brain left. I hope there is, and I hope they do.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Good point. If they tried to bury them the regular way it would be a mess.

sablegsd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    I too own a little pink pistol, my hubby has two hand guns, and my son in law, my grandson and even my feminine grand daughter hunt for venison and eat it, (I personally am not fond of it) but as you said Wendy, you cannot use these for hunting, so why would anyone own one? My son in law has a number of guns for hunting, but none like this. My grandson has guns that belonged to his great grandfather, but certainly NO automatic weapons.

I think there are people who feel until the police can get these weapons out of the hands of the criminals and crazies, they feel they need to own them for protection. But they are in fact just people killers, and I think what really needs to be addressed is mental illness in this country.

It's more difficult to adopt a puppy from the SPCA (they come out and inspect your home) than it is to get a gun.
    It's not about hunting. It's about overthrowing an evil, commiecrat government.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_lorre View Post
    No, they're not. All you have to do is buy a special tax stamp and be prepared to spend several thousand dollars, on the low end. Try not to make comments on things you're only guessing on.
    Please refrain from telling people what they can and cannot make comments on. They have a right to their opinion, as do you, as long as rules aren't broken. Read FAQ in general and Rule 4, in this case, in particular. If you see a comment you don't like, reply politely and without making a judgement, scroll on by, or put that member on your Ignore List.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-19-2012 at 07:02 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sablegsd View Post
    It's not about hunting. It's about overthrowing an evil, commiecrat government.
    It's kind of you to be willing to take on the evil Great Dominion of Canada singlehandedly, but we have people who do that sort of thing for us.

Or are you plotting the violent overthrow of the government of United States of America? IIRC, that would be a federal offense and, worse yet, a violation of Rule 1 of this board. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by wendy a. View Post
    that big house and he lived in a windowless basement?

precisely.

mac_lorre Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Please refrain from telling people what they can and cannot make comments on. They have a right to their opinion, as do you, as long as rules aren't broken. Read FAQ in general and Rule 4, in this case, in particular. If you see a comment you don't like, reply politely and without making a judgement, scroll on by, or put that member on your Ignore List.
    With any due respect, people really shouldn't make comments on things they're ignorant of. He didn't state an opinion, he made a statement that is untrue. It helps in a discussion for everyone to have their facts straight....so I helped.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    I think he looks like Karen Carpenter in her "bleak" days.

Snort laugh

Just saw this..............

RebelRocker Guest

heartwrenching

i havent read too much into this story because i have a 7 year old daughter. I cant imagine having to bury her. I dont even want to begin to think about it. im glad the shooter is dead and i hope the parents of the victims can heal after all of this. im sick of hearing how we need to have more gun control laws or this and that. we need to stop with the bs and mourn those children and adults who lost their lives.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Hey, have we heard anything from Ted Nugent yet?

Fucking a-hole.

carrieanne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post

If these were MY relatives I would NOT want them in MY family plot, even in the backwoods of NH. Who needs the probable harassment and possible desecration of a cemetery? Even if her brother is a police chief up there.

Apparently they are going to look at his brain:

http://news.yahoo.com/medical-examin...121512784.html

And out of state relatives are claiming Nancy's body:

http://news.yahoo.com/state-family-c...115307362.html

The babysitter who was told not to let Adam out of his sight also says he didn't know why she said that, and he didn't ask. Everyone is assuming that it was because she feared he could become violent, but maybe it was just because he got into things he shouldn't and was known to hurt himself on occasion, especially since he had no sense of pain. I agree that even with those symptoms, he shouldn't have been near guns, but there hasn't been a smidgen of evidence that he showed any violent tendencies at all. She shared worries about her son with patrons of her favorite bar, but those worries were about him finding a place in the world with a job, etc, they weren't worries about him becoming violent. The headlines are very suggestive "mother of shooter hid fears about her son" etc., but when you read the whole thing, there's no way she was worried about him shooting up an elementary school, or that she worried that he was even capable of such a thing. Anyone who ever knew him that I've seen or read about always says he was NOT violent, rather, he was quiet and hard to know. He was obviously showing more mental illness symptoms, which she was in the process of handling by trying to get guardianship or whatever (conservancy?) of him so she could get him help - at his age there was no involuntary institutionalization. But there's no reason people should vilify her and she was also an innocent victim. Should she have gotten rid of the guns or secured them better especially when she started to worry about his mental state - yes. How many of us are guilty of putting things off that we should do, especially since, even if she suspected he needed more help, she STILL undoubtedly didn't realize what he was capable of. She was loved by people also, and they deserve to bury her if that's what they want to do, and they also deserve sympathy.
    Last edited by carrieanne; 12-20-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carrieanne View Post
    Apparently they are going to look at his brain:

http://news.yahoo.com/medical-examin...121512784.html
    They should also do a blood screen to see what meds were in his system.

Jacksmum Guest
    GET READY FOR THE WATERWORKS. JUST BEAUTIFUL!

http://www.godvine.com/Judges-on-The...b-gv-2566.html

Hey guys. Just wanted to check in. This week has been hell on earth for me. More funerals and wakes than I can count.. They shouldn't make coffins that small.. I have heard and seen things that I don't know if I can ever share...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Hey guys. Just wanted to check in. This week has been hell on earth for me. More funerals and wakes than I can count.. They shouldn't make coffins that small.. I have heard and seen things that I don't know if I can ever share...

Bless you, I can't even begin to imagine what you are dealing with.
    Don't worry about sharing, take care of yourself.

Come back for support any time!

Hugs to you Miho for everything that you are doing. I can't even imagine.......
    Cindy

I can tell you this.

Death notification. The governor told the parents "The two children brought to Danbury Hospital have passed away." Parents "So where is everyone else. Tell us the hospitals so we can see them." Governor "No one else was brought to the hospital." Parents "So you are telling us our children are dead." Governor "Yes"

Classy huh?

I can also tell you the monster used hollow point bullets. Some of the children were in pieces.. there have been no open caskets.

Charlotte Bacon loved animals and the color pink. She wanted to be a veterinarian and she collected stuffed animals. She also enjoyed playing in the mud and loved martial arts.

Catherine Hubbard loved life and was spunky. Her and her brother were best friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Flowergrrl Guest
    I know one of the kids was a twin, I think the sister was the one who lived.

I can tell you this.

Death notification. The governor told the parents "The two children brought to Danbury Hospital have passed away." Parents "So where is everyone else. Tell us the hospitals so we can see them." Governor "No one else was brought to the hospital." Parents "So you are telling us our children are dead." Governor "Yes"

Classy huh?

I can also tell you the monster used hollow point bullets. Some of the children were in pieces.. there have been no open caskets.

Charlotte Bacon loved animals and the color pink. She wanted to be a veterinarian and she collected stuffed animals. She also enjoyed playing in the mud and loved martial arts.

Catherine Hubbard loved life and was spunky. Her and her brother were best friends.
    Oh dear Lord, Miho. I can't even imagine. Bless you for all you do. I echo shipmatekate's sentiment: come here for support any time you need it. And please, take good care of yourself!!! You are truly a beacon for the families.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jacksmum Guest
    There was one little girl who wanted to open an Animal Rescue when she got older. The family was asking for donations in lieu of flowers. The animals have had so many donations in her memory it's amazing.

This was Catherine Hubbard.

Miho, I can't begin to imagine what you are enduring. Thank you for being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    I know one of the kids was a twin, I think the sister was the one who lived.

There were two sets of twins. One girl died and one boy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    No, I don't think she was all there either.

That babysitter/caregiver who said the mom told him never to turn his back on the kid, or take his eyes off the kid (not even to go to the bathroom) ......

Now, let's put guns in the house....
    You learn something new every day about these people.

MoonRabbit Guest
    I thought about that too... I couldn't imagine having to live in fear of my own son like that? She had to be in a living hell. Makes me think of that movie with Renee Zelwiger.. she was a social worker..the one with the little girl that was a demon.. can't recall the name of it, but the parents had dead bolts and what not on their bedroom doors.
    The movie is called: CASE 39
    I enjoyed the movie. It was spooky.

Here is the trailer:
    http://www.blockbuster.com/browse/ca...Details/284096

MinLynn Guest
    This shooting has upped my panic disorder to beyond medication helping. I've been having nightmares and it's been near torture to send my kids to school everyday. I bawled my eyes out last Friday when my 10 year old came home and wouldn't let him go. I've been making sure to tuck in each kid (My teenager LOVES that!*sarcasm*) and say I Love You a million times a day. It's been rough being a mommy lately.

Today around 2PM we received a robo-call from the superintendent informing parents that a shooting threat has been made against the schools for tomorrow. They don't believe it to be true but the threat has been making the rounds of Facebook and through text messaging at the schools. They've decided to bring in several police officers for extra safety tomorrow and are continuing to investigate. They'll let us know if anything more has been learned. That's all fine and good. Guess what, though? My kids won't be in school tomorrow. Maybe that's stupid of me and maybe I'm being overly paranoid, but after last week...........I'd rather be paranoid than grieving. I actually had one parent tell me, "My kids are going to school tomorrow because if God intends for them to die then I don't want them to be afraid of it." I just shook my head. I sure hope for her sake that it's all just a God-awful prank.