Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre

I checked out his FB page while it was still up. There was a video of him training a cat to "sit". Weird to see something "normal" like that after something like this happens.

God this is so horrible. I was almost crying listening on the radio. Killed his mother and lots of kids in her kindergarten classroom. Why kill the kids? I am interested to hear what's up with the girlfriend and friend. They apparently have his little brother in custody. He might be the only family member to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    That fat stinking slob Michael Moore has already opened his cake hole, capitalizing on mass murder of young children:

https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/279655485039333376
    Can't say I disagree with him. You guys are always saying it's "not the right time" to talk about gun control... and you never do anything about it.

It's time.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    I hope one of them was the shooter. Fuck. you. coward. Who kills babies right before Christmas?
    He is a big coward in my book! He killed the Principal who was a woman and babies!
    He wasn't about to go at it with a man!

Bastard.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    Can't say I disagree with him. You guys are always saying it's "not the right time" to talk about gun control... and you never do anything about it.

It's time.
    THIS. In spades.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    As someone who lives outside of America will
    never understand the love of guns, and why so
    many.
    As an American I don't understand it

And the ignorant arguments supporting it

It's time.
    Yes it is

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Report just in. He killed his dad in NJ and then his mom in Newtown. She was a teacher at Sandy Hook.
    WOW! Hadn't heard this!

pwem Guest
    And reporters keep asking the same dumbass questions over and over...."How do you feel?" "What feelings are you experiencing?"

It is reporting at it's very worst.

?"

I just don't know how much difference gun control would make at this point. Yes, this guy got his legally apparently, but the way we are right now, with the amount of guns the bad guys have and the fact that the only people who are going to follow the gun control laws are the law abiding citizens. The bad guys will always have ways to get guns. Gun control is going to keep guns out of the ones who will use them responsibly. Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    WOW! Hadn't heard this!
    Yes, his mom was the teacher in the kindergarten room from what I've heard.

The reporters pouncing on the kids does suck, but if the parent is there and gives them the okay, then they can do as they will.

My BFF's son was in a school bus accident and the reporter's hounded them for days, luckily my BFF kept telling them to F Off...

Have we verified the photo of this POS?

Now THIS article is saying the suspects BROTHER was found dead at the home????:::http://www.click2houston.com/news/Po...02510112142012
    Last edited by Shejay; 12-14-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    My Posse's On Broadway

so without guns people will conceal knives, maschettes in a hiding spot, other weapons. Yes lets get rid of GUNS. ... please. It won't make a difference.

All the news is so confusing right now. I heard they had a brother in custody, and the dad was dead. Why don't they confirm things before reporting them?

So did he go into more than one class room are were these all from the kindergarten class? What a freakin nightmare for those kids.

Had to stop reading about this for a while. I was feeling physically ill. I've been looking at lolcats for like the past hour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I checked out his FB page while it was still up. There was a video of him training a cat to "sit". Weird to see something "normal" like that after something like this happens.
    OMFG I don't even want to know what the hell he did to the poor cat before he killed a bunch of innocent kids. I would move outta that town and fast if I could.
    Whose going to be paying for these kids' therapy?

PurrPurr Guest
    Even the President wiped away tears.

He's right; we've endured way too many of these tragedies.

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    so without guns people will conceal knives, maschettes in a hiding spot, other weapons. Yes lets get rid of GUNS. ... please. It won't make a difference.
    Did you actually just compare the danger of knives to guns? Oh dear....

OMFG I don't even want to know what the hell he did to the poor cat before he killed a bunch of innocent kids. I would move outta that town and fast if I could.
    Whose going to be paying for these kids' therapy?
    VOCA (Victims of Crime Act)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I am on the fence about gun control...
    If a person REALLY wants a gun they can get it legal or not. If a person with a CHL was present today, maybe they could have taken out this fawker before he killed so many innocent people. It's a catch 22 - I don't think this problem will ever really be solved. I can see points on both sides of the fence.
    My Posse's On Broadway

pwem Guest
    I have strong views about guns but I don't think this is the right time for me to state my case.

There is no need for a reporter to shove a mike in some kid's face and ask him how he feels at this point. Irresponsible and cruel.

I don't think they even know who the shooter really was. NBC says he had someone else's ID with him

Are the press just screwing with the public to make them keep watching?

Time for me to turn it all off and go wrap presents.

RIP little ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    I am on the fence about gun control...
    If a person REALLY wants a gun they can get it legal or not. If a person with a CHL was present today, maybe they could have taken out this fawker before he killed so many innocent people. It's a catch 22 - I don't think this problem will ever really be solved. I can see points on both sides of the fence.
    I agree. It is a catch 22 and so far gone it's not going to do a lot at this point. you are right, if someone wants a gun they will get it legally or not. just look at the epidemic of drugs in this country. Those who want illegal things will keep getting them. And it's going to take the police a long time to confiscate guns from the bad guys because you know they wouldnt' just turn them in if they became illegal.

I was only trying to make a point. forgive me.

PurrPurr Guest
    he President was right about one thing during his statement: we've endured WAY too many of these tragedies.

The shootings in Connecticut today.

The movie theater shooting in Colorado

Shooting at a temple in Wisconsin

A school shooting in Ohio.

Psychiatric hospital shooting in Pittsburgh...

These are just a few in 2012. All of them horrible.

Somebody attacking a group of people with a knife is miles different than somebody with a gun. Waaaay less dangerous w/ a knife.

I just REALLY hope I can keep my 6 year old away from the NEWS for the next few days... She is OCD like me and if she hears this shit, she will be too freaked out and not want to go to school...

Man I can't help but tear up and shake my head when I think about those babies...
    My Posse's On Broadway

carrieanne Guest
    I don't understand. With the CO shootings, there were many many injuries, less fatalities. In this case it seems like there were few injuries, almost all fatalities. What was he, a sharpshooter professional sniper or something?? I don't get it.

Now they are saying it is not Ryan Lanza - it is his brother Adam Lanza... WTF????
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by carrieanne View Post
    I don't understand. With the CO shootings, there were many many injuries, less fatalities. In this case it seems like there were few injuries, almost all fatalities. What was he, a sharpshooter professional sniper or something?? I don't get it.
    Maybe because they were mostly little kids or because they were mostly trapped in a smaller room and they were easier to shoot at? Or he may have just been better at it. I don't think they really have released any evidence that the moron in Colorado had any experience with guns at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Jesus. So is Ryan Lanza the on they have in custody? Or was that all a myth too?

Had to walk away from the TV.....Oh God.....little children...the parents....

Bless you Miho.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Maybe because they were mostly little kids or because they were mostly trapped in a smaller room and they were easier to shoot at? Or he may have just been better at it. I don't think they really have released any evidence that the moron in Colorado had any experience with guns at all.
    I think the smaller room has something to do with it, also, I am presuming it was lighter in there than with the CO shooting? Also, I don't remember how or why the CO guy stopped. Perhaps he had less ammunition. And was probably farther away from the people he was shooting. These kids were more like fish in a barrel, no disrespect to them at all with that comparison.

Ilmatar Guest
    So... Was this Ryan whose Facebook pics have been circulating the brother of the real shooter, Adam? The addresses match.

Hmmm Adam Lanza is 20 years old and the first report I heard that had literally no other information stated it was a 20 year old who did it. Then all of a sudden it went to 24 year old Ryan Lanza. Could be they had the right idea in the beginning. Perhaps someone who had survived the shooting had known who he was since his mother worked there.

One of the sad things I heard on the radio was that they had the kids close their eyes as they brought them out of the school. It's good they did it so they weren't traumatized even more, but still sad they even had to do that.

Adam Lanza is the shooter. He had Ryan's ID on him. Ryan is in custody for questioning. He went after his mom's classroom. Killed her entire class and killed her, but not before he went into the office and killed the principal which was broadcast over the PA system. Semi automatic guns... those kids never stood a chance. It was shooting fish in a barrel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Adam Lanza is the shooter. He had Ryan's ID on him. Ryan is in custody for questioning. He went after his mom's classroom. Killed her entire class and killed her, but not before he went into the office and killed the principal which was broadcast over the PA system. Semi automatic guns... those kids never stood a chance. It was shooting fish in a barrel.

And THIS is why we need gun control
    WTF does a citizen need a semi automatic for??

NOTHING

Problem is a lot of guns can be illegally modified to become that. CT has pretty strict gun laws, but we can't stop people who bring guns across state lines. This school did everything right and this still happened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_rifles_bushmaster_carbon_15_223_70721.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	44667

One of the guns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I heard that 2 of the guns he had were the type that law enforcement uses... any word if he has any ties to LE?

Wendy A. Guest
    I'm sickened by this. How can anyone do this to children? Can't stop crying, this breaks my heart. My God be with the families and survivors.

Flowergrrl Guest
    About gun control- Take them away, and the criminals will still find a way to get them. So he deliberately brings his brother's ID on him?... Weird. I heard it was his dad who had been killed as well. But, who is the dead person at his mom's house?

I fucking am sick. I keep screaming and crying at same time. I just don't get wtf why? jfc!

Adam Lanza, 20, is now ID'd as the gunman. I removed the photos of Ryan earlier in the thread, and I couldn't find a FB page for Adam.

I don't know if gun control would really stop these sorts of things. I don't know if anything will. We live in a country absolutely saturated in violence and soaked in blood. To me this is a societal and cultural problem, not a gun problem. I don't know the answers, and I think those that claim to have the answers are probably mistaken. I don't think there are answers when it comes to this type of this. People who want to kill, will kill. They will try every avenue to achieve their goal. Just my .02.

I don't remember the last time I cried at a news story, but I've cried a lot today. Booo. I want a do-over.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Now they are saying it was the mother found at the home, she was not at the school.

Every member has the right to their opinion, without explaination, or judgement from other members, as long is that opinion doesn't break the rules, of course.

No need for you to apologize for what you posted.

Somebody attacking a group of people with a knife is miles different than somebody with a gun. Waaaay less dangerous w/ a knife.
    Move on.

Not a perfect comparsion, but gun control can be likened to Prohibition, in that during the booze ban folk who wanted to drink bought from the black market. If we have stricker gun control or even ban guns, the same thing will happen. People who are going to kill will do it no matter what the law.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wendy A. Guest
    Something has to be done with gun control. I don't have any answers, but something must be done. I'm a gun owner, not anti gun, but something has to be done. We don't need automatic weapons. We don't hear about this happening in other countries. We just don't.

PurrPurr Guest
    Top 4 worst mass school shootings:

1. Virginia Tech, 2007

2. Today's school shootings in Connecticut

3. University of Texas at Austin, 1966

4. Columbine, 1999

Arky67 Guest
    Little children lining up and covering their eyes as they are led out of the building. This just breaks my heart.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    About gun control- Take them away, and the criminals will still find a way to get them.
    Yep.

Total prohibition of private ownership of all firearms involves voluntary relinquishing of same to law enforcement and forced confiscation (read door to door) from those who do not voluntarily comply.

In order to truly accomplish this requires transforming the US into an official and unabashed police state under a federal dictatorship. When that's done, only military and other federal law enforcement will be armed, under ultimate command of the head of state with unlimited dictatorial powers.

Just picture armed TSA agents everywhere. Anyone for that, raise their hand.

Think I'm nuts? Well, taking into consideration all the gun laws on the books now, what's the next practical step to arrive at "more gun control"?