View Poll Results: Mama June:

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Does her forklift toe make you wanna barf?

4 4.26%
  • Has sticky flytape hanging in every room?

0 0%
  • Does her whole family have crotch crickets?

1 1.06%
  • All of the above

77 81.91%
  • How dare you! She's the hottest chick on the planet, you jealous beeyotches!

12 12.77%
Page 1 of 17 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: That Honey BooBoo Person

That Honey BooBoo Person

So I finally know who this little tyke is thanks to the ladies of the Pet Peeves thread, lol.

So, Honey BooBoo. Opinions?

mstee2u1972 Guest
    Although I don't watch reality tv shows, I do know who Honey Boo Boo is thanks to the media. All that I can say is she doesn't fit the typical "pageant kid" mold. From what I've seen and read about the family, I hope she makes it to 14 without getting arrested or pregnant.

It's a fascinating and disturbing show. I refused to watch it until my friend called and told me I had to watch the episode where they go to the waterpark. When June takes her sock off and shows her 'fork lift toe', I almost vomited, and I watch gore videos. How the HELL can someone let a family of gnats take up residence on/in her TOE!?

Mammy Guest
    Dare I ask what a fork lift toe is? Be gentle.

http://jezebel.com/5939215/the-drama...-forklift-foot

Her toe got ran over by a fork lift, looks like most of her toenail is gone. It's not that bad except for the colony of gnats living in there.

I understand that at one point in history pageants actually did something that positively effected humanity. And I admire that. Unfortunately the whole pageant scene and especially young "pageant girls" have become a total mess of comical entertainment and as a result poor parenting just for the sake of fame. The result is perfectly wonderful lives that are just ruined because the people that should be protecting and inspiring their kids, have let their greed and personal semi-fame take priority.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Dare I ask what a fork lift toe is? Be gentle.
    Here it is. Mama calls it her "forklift foot."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foot.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	43987  

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludigan View Post
    Here it is. Mama calls it her "forklift foot."
    I hope no one here has eaten recently. That is just hideous.

I'm just afraid they'll think we're all like that here. *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    I'm just afraid they'll think we're all like that here. *shudder*
    Like, how do you mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

I think she means Americans, or in particular, southern Americans.

Mammy Guest
    Her toe is definitely nasty, but no nastier than her head. She's the total package, disgusting from head to toe. How did this kid ever get her own show? Honey Boo Boo is about as appealing as Runny Poo Poo. I would rather be struck by lightning than watch a show about these people.

I just want to know how the hell a person can let a group of gnats live in their toe. Those are some tough ass gnats to survive chlorinated water!

I hope they milk that gravy train as long as they can. Honey ain't going to stay young and cute forever.

I can't believe Rosie O'Donnell is going to shell out the money to help remodel their home. I think the family is raking in enough money as it is. Rosie needs to help a family - that really needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Rosie needs to help a family - that really needs it.
    Word!

Another sign of the end of Western Civilization.....

I have no interest in that show- I watched part of a Toddlers and Tiara's episode once and I had to turn it off. The only thing I ever saw was the parody on South Park, which must have been pretty spot on because the Honey Boo Boo family wasn't happy about it.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Please tell me there are no sex tapes of these people.

"Honey Boo Boo is about as appealing as Runny Poo Poo."
    Mammy,you made my day! I don't watch the show and don't intend to watch, but your assessment is dead-on as usual based on what I've read. It's been a really lousy week-I have a gingival sore the diameter of a pencil eraser and know that I'll have to have some nasty stuff done this week. That's enough to put anyone in a shitty mood. I needed a smile and a laugh, thanks, Mammy.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

1karenhb Guest
    I am another one who refuses to watch this crap. Just watching clips on other shows makes me want to throw up. How much lower can reality tv sink?

Pryncis Guest
    Do these people have no shame?

harlequin_clown Guest
    It sickens me knowing they are raking in the bank for this. They act like they were NEVER taught manners or tact. Repulsive, and getting PAID for it!

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin_clown View Post
    It sickens me knowing they are raking in the bank for this. They act like they were NEVER taught manners or tact. Repulsive, and getting PAID for it!
    Seriously! If I ever acted like that, oh man... BOTH of my dead parents would rise up!

They're really no worse than the Kartrashians. At least these people are open and honest about their lives. I know they're backward, country and slow, but they love each other, so at least there's that.

I hope they milk that gravy train as long as they can. Honey ain't going to stay young and cute forever.

I can't believe Rosie O'Donnell is going to shUell out the money to help remodel their home. I think the family is raking in enough money as it is. Rosie needs to help a family - that really needs it.
    I think that train's already left the station.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    They're really no worse than the Kartrashians. At least these people are open and honest about their lives. I know they're backward, country and slow, but they love each other, so at least there's that.
    Except for the kid that was born with 2 right thumbs that they made fun of.

I don't (and will not) watch the show, but I've read more than enough about it in the media. I'm of the opinion that inbreeding is a problem in this family, particularly with the teenage daughter's aforementioned baby.

ETA: The "leave them alone, they're not hurting anyone!" argument is inevitable whenever the topic of this family makes an appearance. I would just like to point out (in before) that they're certainly hurting that little girl by stuffing her full of "Go Go Juice" and "Sketti". That kid's on the fast track to becoming her mother.
    Last edited by Morbida; 10-21-2012 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    I think she means Americans, or in particular, southern Americans.
    Yes, in particular, people from the south - - that they'll think we're all trashy rednecks with no manners. There's the argument that, "it's okay, they love each other, they're happy", but my God! Don't further a stereotype. I hate precocious kids, maybe that's one reason I can't tolerate that little girl.

mstee2u1972 Guest

I can't believe Rosie O'Donnell is going to shell out the money to help remodel their home. I think the family is raking in enough money as it is. Rosie needs to help a family - that really needs it.

I saw the tv show Extra the other evening and Rosie O'Donnell was on there begging Honey Boo Boo to be her friend. Rosie said she wanted to take this child to Toys R Us and buy her anything she wanted. They played the video for this little girl and the look on her face afterward seem to say "who in the hell is this lady?" At the same time, I find it disturbing that a grown woman would send a video message to a little girl pathetically begging her to be her friend. Maybe it's just me, but I find this action to be creepy and downright disturbing, just weird. Even more disturbing that her momma probably won't tell Rosie that her kid doesn't need a grown woman obsessing over her daughter. Just uggggh to the whole scenario!

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Please tell me there are no sex tapes of these people.
    If there were, you'd find it on The Animal Planet.

mstee2u1972 Guest
    Honey Boo Boo's Gay Uncle Poodle Criminal Past:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/cele...OBw3Wjv8.email

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mstee2u1972 View Post
    Honey Boo Boo's Gay Uncle Poodle Criminal Past:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/cele...OBw3Wjv8.email
    Wow! Uncle Poodle? WTH is wrong with this family? I'd like to bitch-slap whoever "Discovered them, and made them famous"

I used to like Rosie O'donnell... she's another one that needs some sense knocked into her head. That family is pulling $20k an episode for exploiting a child! Why doesn't O'Donnel go find a family from a homeless shelter with parents that work, but don't make enough to have a home, and buy them a house... take one of those kids to Toy's r us, they'd appreciate it more than Honey Boo Boo.. Then again, that wouldn't give her the media attention like she's getting for this.
    Last edited by Wendy A.; 10-21-2012 at 08:19 AM.

mstee2u1972 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    Wow! Uncle Poodle? WTH is wrong with this family? I'd like to bitch-slap whoever "Discovered them, and made them famous"

I used to like Rosie O'donnell... she's another one that needs some sense knocked into her head. That family is pulling $20k an episode for exploiting a child! Why doesn't O'Donnel go find a family from a homeless shelter with parents that work, but don't make enough to have a home, and buy them a house... take one of those kids to Toy's r us, they'd appreciate it more than Honey Boo Boo.. Then again, that wouldn't give her the media attention like she's getting for this.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you Wendy A. When I saw Rosie making that offer the other day I cringed. Not only for the creepiness/perv factor but that there are some families truly down on their luck that could really use the assistance she is offering. I'm not trying to spend Rosie's money but there are more deserving families than Honey Boo Boo's. They are getting (over) paid well for showing their trashiness on this crappy reality show while hard working folks struggle to keep their families together day to day--now that's unscripted reality. I really hope this show soon goes in the waste bin because Honey Boo Boo's so-called cuteness factor will eventually wear off.

i also refuse to watch this show and all of today's so called "reality shows". the decline of civilization

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mstee2u1972 View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with you Wendy A. When I saw Rosie making that offer the other day I cringed. Not only for the creepiness/perv factor but that there are some families truly down on their luck that could really use the assistance she is offering. I'm not trying to spend Rosie's money but there are more deserving families than Honey Boo Boo's. They are getting (over) paid well for showing their trashiness on this crappy reality show while hard working folks struggle to keep their families together day to day--now that's unscripted reality. I really hope this show soon goes in the waste bin because Honey Boo Boo's so-called cuteness factor will eventually wear off.
    Amen! Let's hope the show ends sooner rather than later.

Bgeace Guest
    I heard everyone talking about it so when it first came on I thought "Oh I'll check it out see what it's about" Well I kid you not I watched about two minutes of that show and was repulsed. I grew up in the South and I was taught manners, these people(and that's being nice) have no couth and are down right disgusting. I hope they soon pull the plug on this show and we can all go back to saying honey boo boo who?

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    i also refuse to watch this show and all of today's so called "reality shows". the decline of civilization

I haven't watched it either. Just can't do it. That clip about the forklift toe was the only thing I've seen. It about made me sick. These so-called "reality shows" seem desperate for ratings and are going for shock value. I had a feeling when the "Toddlers and Tiaras" became a hit, nothing was off limits. Today, exploiting children. Tomorrow, who knows. Paddy Chayefsky had the future of TV right with "Network".
    Cindy

I watched about 3 minutes of the show one night (car accident scenario, I couldn't help but look) and Momma was making that God awful spaghetti with Country Crock and ketchsup. It so turned my stomach I couldn't go on any further. Eeeeeeeoooowwww.

SNL had a good description of Momma Boo Boo, she has a constant look on her face like someone took a picture of her when she wasn't ready.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    There was only ONE good reality show in all of TV history - "An American Family" with the Louds. Now THERE was unscripted, and not trashy.

Wow, I'm really dating myself, aren't I? o_O

Honey boo boo... seeing this name all over the place. I don't watch much TV so I don't know anything about the show, but don't these people realize everyone is probably making fun of them? I guess I just don't get it...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

endsleigh03 Guest
    I watched some of an episode where Honey Boo Boo was sitting in a chair (alone, it looked like, except for maybe cameras) and she sneezed and snot FLEW all down her face. OMG, I almost puked.

She put her hands up to hide it, but they just kept filming her for what seemed a long time. She even looked like maybe she was going to nod out, with her hands up trying to hide the mess. WTF?

I felt sorry for her then. What is wrong with those people (camera people, assistants, her PARENTS)??? She's very young (never mind her mouth) and what any normal person would have done was help her clean up, FFS. Not just sit there like that and keep rolling.

It still pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    I watched some of an episode where Honey Boo Boo was sitting in a chair (alone, it looked like, except for maybe cameras) and she sneezed and snot FLEW all down her face. OMG, I almost puked.

She put her hands up to hide it, but they just kept filming her for what seemed a long time. She even looked like maybe she was going to nod out, with her hands up trying to hide the mess. WTF?

I felt sorry for her then. What is wrong with those people (camera people, assistants, her PARENTS)??? She's very young (never mind her mouth) and what any normal person would have done was help her clean up, FFS. Not just sit there like that and keep rolling.

It still pisses me off.
    Yeahhhh.... I don't think that's anything I want to watch. Definitely NOT my kind of entertainment.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Dunno if that kid will care about all this when she grows up but it's out there forever now.

Shame on all of them.

Spaghetti made with Country Crock and ketchup? OMG!
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

MinLynn Guest
    I refuse to watch this crap simply because I was raised in the south and my whole paternal family line is from the south and continues to reside there. This show just gives southerners an even worse stereo-type to overcome then they already have and it's not an accurate one at that. We were poor as dirt when I was growing up. We lived in a community of trailer homes in the woods (Not a mobile home park) and we even had our own community garden that everybody tended to help with food. The only meat we had in the freezer is what was shot and killed by my father. Despite all this I was raised with perfect manners and raised to be a perfect southern lady no matter what. We ate those poor meals as if we were royalty and if we girls ever thought about sassing back to an elder then the switch we had to go pick off the tree ourselves went across our behinds real quick. When I got married my dress was made with boning in the bodice and I had a full boned corset along with petticoats and hoops under my dress. Why? Because it's the way my beloved Mamaw would've wanted it.

This Honey Boo-Boo shit just gives the nation the idea that this is how poor southerners live and how poor southern children act and I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    There was only ONE good reality show in all of TV history - "An American Family" with the Louds. Now THERE was unscripted, and not trashy.

Wow, I'm really dating myself, aren't I? o_O
    Yes! And nothing since has come close to that since. An American Family was the only true reality show. Almost felt like a peeping tom watching it.
    Cindy

I’m not going to lie, I’ve watched the entire series of it on Youtube. We were watching South Park the other night with the bit about Honey Boo Boo getting the pig heart and he wasn’t getting the reference so I tricked him into watching the episode where June makes the sketti, ended up almost in tears laughing at his reaction to it.

I wonder if Caroline Manzo has seen that ep lol

UniPolarMommaBear Guest
    I'm surprised no one mentioned this part of this dysfunction ~
    Mamma June is 33, but was 32 when she became a grandmother~
    The four kids:
    ~Anna ‘Chickadee’ Shannon (18), mother of kaitlyn of the 3 thumbed baby;
    ~Jessica ‘Chubbs’ Shannon (16),
    ~Lauryn ‘Pumpkin’ Shannon (13),
    and Alana ‘Honey Boo Boo’ Thompson (8).
    all have different fathers, none of whom were ever married to June,
    and only three of whom can be identified by June.
    SHe started birthin' babies at 15, had one more at 17, again at 20, and 4 years later, shacked up with Mike Thompson, aka Sugar Bear, who is Alanna's father.
    THAT family tree has it's own mini tree just for June!!!

I've watched "Toddlers & Tiaras" a few times. I just find it obscene to be putting makeup and false lashes and false hair on a little girl and parading her around like some living Barbie doll. It is obviously going to end in her having some emotional problems once she matures.

But when I saw the commercial for HBB I thought sheeeeit - TLC has sunk to a new low in exploitation.

Now I only watch 48 Hour Mysteries on TLC.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by UniPolarMommaBear View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned this part of this dysfunction ~
    Mamma June is 33, but was 32 when she became a grandmother~
    The four kids:
    ~Anna ‘Chickadee’ Shannon (18), mother of kaitlyn of the 3 thumbed baby;
    ~Jessica ‘Chubbs’ Shannon (16),
    ~Lauryn ‘Pumpkin’ Shannon (13),
    and Alana ‘Honey Boo Boo’ Thompson (8).
    all have different fathers, none of whom were ever married to June,
    and only three of whom can be identified by June.
    SHe started birthin' babies at 15, had one more at 17, again at 20, and 4 years later, shacked up with Mike Thompson, aka Sugar Bear, who is Alanna's father.
    THAT family tree has it's own mini tree just for June!!!
    Mike Thompson is no catch that's for sure. I'd hate to see the other men that have spawned with her. I can't imagine any man seeing June and thinking "Damn! She's fine! I gotta tap that ass!" hehehehe

Jacksmum Guest
    You couldn't pay me to watch that trash.