Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3101112

Thread: Mass Shooting @Batman Opening

human Guest
    guy used to lurk round on youtube -- he was all Batman crazed there too - pity he wasn't into american idol
    Last edited by human; 02-05-2015 at 01:02 AM.

Some courtroom drawings of James Holmes.
    http://news.yahoo.com/photos/colorad...202-slideshow/

Looks like he has put on some weight, just like the shooter in the Chris Kyle trial.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Trial started today in Centennial (south of metro Downtown Denver). Airing it on TV here but here's a link to live coverage

http://www.denverpost.com/theater-sh...shooting-trial

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7487848.html

The court appointed psychiatrist testified last week, and he had some interesting observations.
    William Reid, "who interviewed Holmes nine times over 22 hours last year, testified last week that in his opinion Holmes had serious psychiatric issues but was sane when he opened fire."

1. Holmes chose the Midnight showing because he thought there would be fewer children present

2. Holmes made several trips to a shooting range to practice with two handguns, a 12-gauge shotgun and a semi-automatic rifle.

3. Holmes was surprised that none of the media coverage focused on his psychological reasons for the shooting, including that it was the only alternative to suicide.

Remember, his defense lawyers offered to plead him guilty if the prosecution would take the death penalty off the table.

But the prosecution is so utterly convinced they are going to get a conviction, despite the fact that Colorado hasn't executed anyone since 1997.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

goood! asshole

I'm sorry to be like this but I have no sympathy for him nor love for the justice system that will keep this piece of shit alive, and give him 3 meals and a cot for as long as he lives.

Regardless the outcome of the trial today this subhuman piece of shit should have been gurgling on his blood as he died from gunshot wounds outside the theater.

Shot while resisting arrest. I doubt if anyone would have protested too much.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Shot while resisting arrest. I doubt if anyone would have protested too much.

At least they didn't' kill Kenny.

Hockeywife Guest
    Verdict tonight at 7

Hockeywife Guest
    Sorry sentencing

LIfe

Thankfully they will not waste a lot of gas driving him to ADX Florence.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

figures

Hockeywife Guest
    There's an odd following for him called 'Holmies' that are rejoicing over this saying his life was spared and he can get the mental treatment that he needs. Uhh...this is the U.S. Judicial system we are talking about right?

sentenced to 3318 years in total - should have taken his meds.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattves...rison-n2044634

Last edited by cash; 08-27-2015 at 03:46 PM.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...es-Holmes.html

Pics of the assorted bombs and explosives he had rigged in his apartment.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Hockeywife Guest
    Has some crime scene pictures too
    http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/09/10...tment-colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeywife View Post
    Good find, Hockeywife. Did you see the one theater seat with umpteen bullet holes in it?
    That little bastard is right where he belongs.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Hockeywife Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Good find, Hockeywife. Did you see the one theater seat with umpteen bullet holes in it?
    That little bastard is right where he belongs.
    Indeed. I can't imagine the horror! Love your username btw

I don't have much exposure to bombs and though I realize there is nothing funny about this situation I did think the fact that those bombs in his apartment looked just like bombs in cartoons and video games was kind of funny. I didn't realize that real bombs actually sometimes look like that. The few real life bombings I've seen have been either pipe bombs, IEDs or the truck bomb from OKC.

These crime scene photos are chilling. It really helps show the magnitude of this crime, which although was not understated before, especially hearing th victim's stories on shows like Dr. Phil, but seeing them brings a whole other dimension to it.

Thank God those bombs in his house did not detonate. All those bombs would've taken out the whole block.

His lawyer said this was his last resort to suicide.. Umm I think suicide would've been the better option!!

The parents of one of the shooting victims, Jessica Ghawi, sued Lucky Gunner, one of the online gun companies that sold James Holmes 100-round ammunition magazines, ammunition, body armor, and tear gas canisters from.

They lost the case, and the judge has ordered them to pay Lucky Gunner's legal expenses, $203,000

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lonnie...b_8197804.html
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

human Guest
    lucky gunners ... lol
    Last edited by human; 09-27-2015 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    The parents of one of the shooting victims, Jessica Ghawi, sued Lucky Gunner, one of the online gun companies that sold James Holmes 100-round ammunition magazines, ammunition, body armor, and tear gas canisters from.

They lost the case, and the judge has ordered them to pay Lucky Gunner's legal expenses, $203,000

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lonnie...b_8197804.html
    They may had been better off suing the oil change place Grease Monkey. Not long before the massacre didn't James Holmes attempt to get an oil change done on his car at a Grease Monkey only to act so weird with the staff that management at that Grease Monkey demanded him to leave the property ?? I seem to remember reading in our local paper short after the shootings about this and looking back I think USA Today even touched on this as well. If Holmes did act so strange at that location of Grease Monkey where it had got to the point where he was asked to leave..why didn't they call the cops ?? Now I know that people who work with the public very often DO encounter odd people but one must be acting VERY weird if they are asked to leave someplace like a Grease Monkey.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/col...KeH?li=AAa0dzB

Holmes is on lockdown 20 hours a day. During the 4 hours he is allowed to spend in a day hall, another prisoner took a few swings at him.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

If at first you don't succeed. Try, try again.

Long term prisoners look at him and see a badge of honor. He won't last long if they keep him around other inmates.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    They may had been better off suing the oil change place Grease Monkey. Not long before the massacre didn't James Holmes attempt to get an oil change done on his car at a Grease Monkey only to act so weird with the staff that management at that Grease Monkey demanded him to leave the property ?? I seem to remember reading in our local paper short after the shootings about this and looking back I think USA Today even touched on this as well. If Holmes did act so strange at that location of Grease Monkey where it had got to the point where he was asked to leave..why didn't they call the cops ?? Now I know that people who work with the public very often DO encounter odd people but one must be acting VERY weird if they are asked to leave someplace like a Grease Monkey.
    They didn't call the police because, quite frankly, it's bad for business. I had an old man (clearly in the beginning stages of dementia) take a swing at me at work, and all we wanted was to get him the hell out of there. With the advent of social media, it's easier to move on without making a big deal of it...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

If he was asked to leave, and he left, the cops wouldn't have even gotten involved.

The idea that somehow his arrest for "acting weird" at Gas Monkey would have prevented the shooting doesn't hold up.

People act like assholes all the time, unless they break the law, the cops can't do anything.

Even his Psychiatrist didn't have enough evidence to get a psych hold on him.
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 10-25-2015 at 08:55 PM.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Hey, Batter, Batter....

Mark ??Slim? Daniels looks like a badass compared to the pudgy joker.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...s25n-2-web.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2409496
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

The lawsuit against Cinemark did not go well for the plaintiffs.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...nap-story.html

They were offered $150,000 settlement.

"They decided on a split of $30,000 each to the three most critically injured survivors. The remaining 38 plaintiffs would equally share the remaining $60,000."

This was rejected by one of the most grievously injured plaintiffs, 40 of the plaintiffs removed themselves from the lawsuit, essentially walking away from the case.

Cinemark was found not liable, now the last 4 plaintiffs who remained on the lawsuit are being told they owe $699,000 for Cinemark's legal expenses for the state case, plus an undetermined amount for the federal case.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

I wonder how many of those plaintiffs had actually received injuries or if it's only mental ones?

Yeah, me too.

And I'm glad they were found not liable. You know who is liable? James Holmes. Everyone wants someone to pay. Sometimes shit just happens. If they had been liable then every place should just shut its doors since they can't possible prevent any lunatic with a demented plan from doing harm if they are set on it, unless they have one entrance, search everyone coming in thoroughly and we basically lose all our rights and have to take twice as long to do anything. I'm sorry people were hurt. But this litigious society we live in where everyone is looking for their payout is ridiculous. Like I said, shit happens. It's impossible for businesses to plan on any crazy thing a human could come up with to do and take measures to prevent it. It's just not practical.