Thread: Skechers Shape-Ups Settlement

Skechers Shape-Ups Settlement

I know we have discussed Skecher's Shape-Ups here. There as been a settlement in a lawsuit for false advertising (people who thought they would get Kim Kardashian's bum from wearing them) and anyone who purchased them can get a partial refund. You don't need proof unless you are claiming over $200 (about 5 pairs) just fill out the form here:

https://skechers.action-settlement.c...n=access.login

I have purchased 2 pair of the Shape-Ups, so it says I am entitled to $80!! I don't know if I should file though because I don't feel I was taken by them. I never thought I'd get KK's ass or anything else from them.

PurrPurr Guest
    They're telling me I'm entitled to $120.

Mammy Guest
    I buy them to wear to work and I don't feel scammed by them either. I bought them because I figured with such thick cushioning, they would help my feet from standing on concrete all day. I'm on my fifth pair of work shoes and have a white and pale blue pair for weekends. I'm surprised they are willing to refund so much to each customer. That's unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I buy them to wear to work and I don't feel scammed by them either. I bought them because I figured with such thick cushioning, they would help my feet from standing on concrete all day. I'm on my fifth pair of work shoes and have a white and pale blue pair for weekends. I'm surprised they are willing to refund so much to each customer. That's unusual.
    Where do you buy your work Skechers? I too am on my feet all day/week long and although I have an outstanding pair of Dansko clogs (love), would like to get a second pair of work shoes so they can be switched out every other day for comfort's sake. Do they run true to size? IIRC, there used to be some dedicated Skecher's stores around town- would like to find somewhere with a good selection to look at and try on. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Cynful; 07-15-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

PurrPurr Guest
    My pink and white Shape Ups are great for when I'm going to be walking around for a long time. I also notice I stand straighter and my knees aren't in agony at the end of the day.

Mammy Guest
    Cynful, I bought my first pair of them at the Shoe Carnival. I've also bought them at Lady Footlocker and have seen them in many of the mall stores. I wear my good pair if I'm going shopping because like PurrPurr said, they take the stress off of your knees. The price of them has dropped substantially. I paid a little over $100 for them when they first came out, but I bought the pale blue and white pair at TJ Maxx for $24.99 about six weeks ago.

Kohl's carrys Skechers. Usually outlet malls have a Skechers store, but I've found that they don't carry size 11s there. I am between a 10 and 11 depending on the shoe. Famous Footwear carries them as well. I bought mine at Factory Brand Shoes at the outlet mall, it's actually the same and FF and it's prices are the pretty much the same. It's good to hear the prices have come down. I think I paid $100 for one pair and even $120 for another one! I don't know if they still make them but I really wanted a pair of the ones that are black mary jane style. The ones I have now are both just white tennis shoes.

I love Skechers though, even their other shoes. I have tons of pairs of them. I have probably 4 other pair of tennis shoes by them, as well as quite a few sandals. They are definitely one of the more comfortable and good quality shoes.

Cynful, I bought my first pair of them at the Shoe Carnival. I've also bought them at Lady Footlocker and have seen them in many of the mall stores. I wear my good pair if I'm going shopping because like PurrPurr said, they take the stress off of your knees. The price of them has dropped substantially. I paid a little over $100 for them when they first came out, but I bought the pale blue and white pair at TJ Maxx for $24.99 about six weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Kohl's carrys Skechers. Usually outlet malls have a Skechers store, but I've found that they don't carry size 11s there. I am between a 10 and 11 depending on the shoe. Famous Footwear carries them as well. I bought mine at Factory Brand Shoes at the outlet mall, it's actually the same and FF and it's prices are the pretty much the same. It's good to hear the prices have come down. I think I paid $100 for one pair and even $120 for another one! I don't know if they still make them but I really wanted a pair of the ones that are black mary jane style. The ones I have now are both just white tennis shoes.

I love Skechers though, even their other shoes. I have tons of pairs of them. I have probably 4 other pair of tennis shoes by them, as well as quite a few sandals. They are definitely one of the more comfortable and good quality shoes.
    Thank you Mammy and Bettie- I really appreciate all the resources and information. I'm definitely going to be looking at, trying on and buying some Skechers- they sound fantastic- EXACTLY what I need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Shoe Carnival! I haven't thought about that place in ages! What a loud, crazy place.

I didn't buy Shape Ups. I just had to add that comment LOL.

Mammy Guest
    I would just love to know how much of my money Shoe Carnival has got over the years. I've shopped there for over two decades. I love it when they have the buy one, get one half off sale. They usually have a really good selection.

Bettie, I can't believe someone else besides me wears a size 11 in shoes. A lot of store clerks look at me like I'm a circus freak when I ask if they carry size 11's. There is a small shoe store locally named the Shoe Show. They carry 11's and 12's in women's shoes. Sketchers does still make the black Mary Jane style shoes and they come in bigger sizes. I saw some of them just a couple of weeks ago at Kohl's.

PurrPurr Guest
    I would just love to know how much of my money Shoe Carnival has got over the years. I've shopped there for over two decades. I love it when they have the buy one, get one half off sale. They usually have a really good selection.

Bettie, I can't believe someone else besides me wears a size 11 in shoes. A lot of store clerks look at me like I'm a circus freak when I ask if they carry size 11's. There is a small shoe store locally named the Shoe Show. They carry 11's and 12's in women's shoes. Sketchers does still make the black Mary Jane style shoes and they come in bigger sizes. I saw some of them just a couple of weeks ago at Kohl's.
    If it makes you feel any better, Mammy, my own mother wore a size 10, wide width shoe. She had a hell of a time in her day buying shoes unless she had them special ordered or went to a specialty store.

In my case, people have commented on my "tiny" feet and are shocked when I tell them I wear a 7 in a medium width. But I usually get an 8 in athletic shoes to allow room for thick socks and/or if my feet swell (common in summer).

Mammy Guest
    I'm the only person in my whole family with big feet. I'm starting to see more and more shoe brands being made in bigger sizes. For a long time, none of the cute shoes were in extended sizes. I have feet like Fred Flintstone.

lol! Are you tall, mammy? I am 5'11" and medium framed so I don't think my feet seem too out of place, they are proportionate to the rest of me. My mom wears a size 12 shoe and she had so many problems finding them. There are a couple of stores here that now carry the bigger sizes, Clarks, the Walking Store at the Mall of America. Payless also goes up to a size 12, online at least. Skechers I can actually wear a 10, but I do have a few in 11. The thing I hate is when you go to Kohl's or another shoe store and you see the shoe up on display and it looks so cute, then you take out the size 11 and it doesn't look so cute any more, haha.

Mammy Guest
    That's true, it's hard to make a ski cute. I'm not tall. I'm only 5'5." Your poor Mom must have a heck of a time finding shoes.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    lol! Are you tall, mammy? I am 5'11" and medium framed so I don't think my feet seem too out of place, they are proportionate to the rest of me. My mom wears a size 12 shoe and she had so many problems finding them. There are a couple of stores here that now carry the bigger sizes, Clarks, the Walking Store at the Mall of America. Payless also goes up to a size 12, online at least. Skechers I can actually wear a 10, but I do have a few in 11. The thing I hate is when you go to Kohl's or another shoe store and you see the shoe up on display and it looks so cute, then you take out the size 11 and it doesn't look so cute any more, haha.
    That's interesting. My mother was only 5'6, but she still wore a large shoe. Then again, she had a large bone structure and was heavy to boot. I guess hardy Englishwomen got passed through her ancestors.

I'm surprised as a big gal that I have small hands and feet. Then again, I'm only 5'2 with a small bone structure.

I love my Sketchers. I am 5'5, wear a size 9 shoe, and have flat feet. They make my feet feel like I actually have some kind of arch.

I got a pair not long after they came out- paid $120 for them at Rogans. I don't feel ripped off- in fact, when I take a longer walk in them, I do feel burn in my calves. They're quite comfortable- but a mite unstable. If I'm walking on uneven ground, my ankle sometimes gives out.

I still like them, but I'll take my $40 refund.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    Shoe Carnival! I haven't thought about that place in ages! What a loud, crazy place.
    Did every Shoe Carnival come with its own "DJ"? Ours had a smooth, silken-voiced, fine young man who would get on the mike every 15 minutes or so and say something like, "Ladeez, lay-deez...right now there is a sale on seasonal footwear in Aisle 13, uh-huh...but it's only for the next half-hour, buy one get one at half off, so make yo' way on down there..."

Nice to know that the Shape-Ups are actually comfortable and maybe even good for your back/knees (even if they don't have the Kardashian-caboose side-effect). I thought the whole idea behind their design was to slightly imbalance everything, so your legs worked harder...that plus the added height made me think I'd get a twisted ankle after only about 2 minutes.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull