Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever written to a Serial Killer?

Mrs. James Dean Guest

Anyone ever written to a Serial Killer?

Hi all, as I read through all the threads about serial killers it seems that there are a lot of us interested in these individuals. But has anyone ever written to any of them just out of curiosity?

My friend has written to a few and has gotten some letters back from them. They all seem so normal in their letters and rarely talk about their crimes, some refuse to even bring it up.

Anyway, I have always wanted to write to Richard Ramirez but never had the nerve to do it. I mean why write a serial killer who has killed many? But I cannot help it he fascinates me the most. So I took the plunge and wrote him a letter last week. I sent it out on Saturday so I'm going to have to wait to see if I get a response from him. My friend has received a few letter from him and he says he's very shy and polite and will not talk about crimes or trials. He's so interesting. So if any of you have written any please share your stories or if you are thinking about writing any of them let us know who!!!!

I was in a group home from 15-18 and one of the girls I lived with had written letters to Charles Manson. Not sure if he ever wrote her back, but the counselors were going thru the out-going mail one day and came across one of her letters to Charlie, and reprimanded her for it. Apparently she really "dug" him!

Nowereman Guest
    No way, unless you were a bit nuts I guess.

Jaxxx Guest
    Jesus, No why would I, don't you have enough problems in life I'm sure not bringing some creep to my doorstep.

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Everyone has problems in life. These are serial killers who will never get out, unless they escape but I doubt it. I'm not insane or nuts in a way it's just a curious thing, like the rest of us who like death stuff!

Charles Manson scares the hell out of me more than the others. I don't think I could ever write to him.

Kathyf Guest
    No

Nowereman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    Everyone has problems in life. These are serial killers who will never get out, unless they escape but I doubt it. I'm not insane or nuts in a way it's just a curious thing, like the rest of us who like death stuff!

Charles Manson scares the hell out of me more than the others. I don't think I could ever write to him.
    Mason doesn't scare me, he's only 5ft, I've shit bigger.

Jaxxx Guest
    This whole thing about serial killers scare me, terrifies me.

Danny62 Guest
    Fuck what if they got out or escaped! I thought about writing to Charles Manson once but NO WAY!!!

They are to scary!

Excellent thread though!!

No, they are in a box somewhere and that is good enough for me. But hey, we are all different. If you do, just dont reveal too much about yourself or where you live. And btw, use a post office box.... be smart!
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowereman View Post
    No way, unless you were a bit nuts I guess.
    Well said!!!

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Yeah, I would beat his scrawny ass!

donetodeath Guest

Interesting topic!
    I have written to troy kell.It was a fair few months ago now,but i have never recieved a reply!

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Not the size that scares me. It's how he acts. He's the only killer in jail that didn't physically kill anybody. I don't need his wicked ways to control me. I don't know I just see interviews of him and he's all over the place. I think most he's more of an actor than anything. I rather to talk to someone more "real," If that makes any sense whatsoever.

Interesting topic!
    I have written to troy kell.It was a fair few months ago now,but i have never recieved a reply!
    Ooh, what made you write to him? Let me read the Troy Kell thread...

donetodeath Guest
    google troy kell,and there is a utube clip from gladiator days!

Jazbabee Guest
    The thought has NEVER even crossed my mind........and lots not forget what happened when Junior in the movie "Problem Child" wrote to the killer in prison !!!! sheesh !!!

donetodeath Guest
    I'm curious to know why everyone is making a big deal over a letter.As long as you don't get personal with a person i for one have no interest in ever meeting,just curious to see what makes him tick,and how life was for him before prison,there is no harm done!

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    and lots not forget what happened when Junior in the movie "Problem Child" wrote to the killer in prison !!!! sheesh !!!
    Yes, what a disturbing documentery that was!

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by donetodeath View Post
    I'm curious to know why everyone is making a big deal over a letter.As long as you don't get personal with a person i for one have no interest in ever meeting,just curious to see what makes him tick,and how life was for him before prison,there is no harm done!
    Exactly.

I went to Utube and search for Troy Keller and 3 vids came up from Gladiator days, I know those are actors but damn. The one where they are practicing the stabbing... makes me shiver!!!

LOL @ the Problem Child remark! hahahaha

Keyser Soze Guest
    Never to a serial killer, but I did write to a guy that was on death row- and was subsequently executed in 1997.

tensecondstolove Guest
    I've always wanted to send a letter to Charlie, mostly because I want to get a letter back of him rambling...a novelty item of sorts.

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    Yes, what a disturbing documentery that was!
    You know it !! The most realistic, disturbing documentary of our time !! lololol

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tensecondstolove View Post
    I've always wanted to send a letter to Charlie, mostly because I want to get a letter back of him rambling...a novelty item of sorts.
    then you could sell it on ebay, i had a cd of his music before the crimes & sold it for a small fortune~ the music he made was actually very good too~

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Anyone ever written to a Serial Killer? oh HELL no.

magblax Guest

Hahaha...nice visual!

I have not nor would ever write a serial killer. I don't think they deserve to receive mail or any contact from the outside. In fact (being pro death penalty) they should be gone before being able to get a letter. I don't understand why someone would want to correspond with these people. Apart from the "what makes them tick" curiosity.

I wouldn't want them knowing my address and sending one of their minions over to my house!

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I wouldn't want them knowing my address and sending one of their minions over to my house!

"Minions"... I love that word!! .. and I totally agree!

panda Guest
    No, I never have & never will. And if the psycho's don't want to talk about their crimes I don't understand why anyone would be interested in what they have to say.

panda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    Hahaha...nice visual!

I have not nor would ever write a serial killer. I don't think they deserve to receive mail or any contact from the outside. In fact (being pro death penalty) they should be gone before being able to get a letter. I don't understand why someone would want to correspond with these people. Apart from the "what makes them tick" curiosity.
    I agree 100% MAG & if they won't kill them then they should have no contact of any sort ever for the rest of their miserable lives.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    I agree 100% MAG & if they won't kill them then they should have no contact of any sort ever for the rest of their miserable lives.

Totally!! Think about it...who provides these a-holes with the resources to purchase paper and stamps to correspond? Apart from being a burden to society and the taxpayer why should they be rewarded?

hoxharding Guest
    Never have and never will.
    I was good penpals with James Fogle who wrote Drugstore Cowboy. He told me about Gus Van Sant and matt Dillion. He liked reading my stories and was a very nice man.
    He was in jail again when I was writing him. Turned out he had been released from jail and his wife died. He went crazy and tried to break into a drugstore to get drugs and was arrested. He said he was happy because he had been planning on overdosing if he had obtained the drugs.

Danse Macabre Guest
    Some time ago I thought about sending a letter to Leslie Van Houten but never did it and have change my mind since then. What in the hell was I thinking????????
    Other than that, no, I never wrote to any criminal or feel like doing it now.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Cross View Post
    Some time ago I thought about sending a letter to Leslie Van Houten but never did it and have change my mind since then. What in the hell was I thinking????????
    Other than that, no, I never wrote to any criminal or feel like doing it now.
    if i chose one, it would be her too~ i have watched her parole hearings & read alot on her~ she is the epitomy of good/well off girl gone bad & has always fascinated me~

my answer is no tho, i wouldn't write a serial killer~

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I wrote to Judy Buenoano for a school project, but I never heard back. I guess I never will, now.

attackatdawn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    The thought has NEVER even crossed my mind........and lots not forget what happened when Junior in the movie "Problem Child" wrote to the killer in prison !!!! sheesh !!!
    LOL! I would never write to one either, when I was about 19 I got on a pen pal mailing list. One guy that wrote to me was in prison, he seemed really nice even sent me a leather purse he had made in prison but then he said he was getting out soon and could he visit me? Maybe it was mean but I never wrote him back again, kind of scared me I mean he was alright to write letters too but what did I really know about him?

motherogod Guest
    In high school I wrote to this guy, he wrote back. http://www.exposingsatanism.org/seansellers.htm He wasn't a serial killer, but had killed his family while in his teens and laughed or something like that. I read about him in a book and about his becoming a Christian. His reply letter was nice, but my mom FREAKED OUT! He was executed in 1999, shoulda kept the letter for ebay purposes. Just kidding.

Apparently Dungeons and Dragons is dangerous to your family's health!

i wrote leslie in high school but i never got a response.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    then you could sell it on ebay, i had a cd of his music before the crimes & sold it for a small fortune~ the music he made was actually very good too~
    [SIZE=3]Hey, here's an idea...let's all pick a serial killer, write him/her and then put our responses up on Ebay. Highest bid wins [SIZE=5]Death Hag of the Year[/SIZE]!!!

Or not.
    [/SIZE]

GrinReaper Guest
    I get nervous that if I get in touch with an inmate, not just a serial killer, that they will get out and maybe want to try to see me and be friends with me.
    It's a trust issue and I don't trust anyone behind bars. I beleve there are innocent people locked up but how am I to know who is really innocent and who is guilty?
    I am curious about serial killers and I read about them on the Court TV website sometimes, but that is where my curiosity ends.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    I get nervous that if I get in touch with an inmate, not just a serial killer, that they will get out and maybe want to try to see me and be friends with me.
    It's a trust issue and I don't trust anyone behind bars. I beleve there are innocent people locked up but how am I to know who is really innocent and who is guilty?
    I feel like that too but only in terms of the people on this board! haaa

Hi all, as I read through all the threads about serial killers it seems that there are a lot of us interested in these individuals. But has anyone ever written to any of them just out of curiosity?

My friend has written to a few and has gotten some letters back from them. They all seem so normal in their letters and rarely talk about their crimes, some refuse to even bring it up.

Anyway, I have always wanted to write to Richard Ramirez but never had the nerve to do it. I mean why write a serial killer who has killed many? But I cannot help it he fascinates me the most. So I took the plunge and wrote him a letter last week. I sent it out on Saturday so I'm going to have to wait to see if I get a response from him. My friend has received a few letter from him and he says he's very shy and polite and will not talk about crimes or trials. He's so interesting. So if any of you have written any please share your stories or if you are thinking about writing any of them let us know who!!!!
    I have always wanted to. Hubby says no. Boooooo...bad hubby! I have ALWAYS been fascinated with Richard Ramirez. If I did write to a serial killer, it would be him. Please let me know if he responds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~smoochies~

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbilina View Post
    I have always wanted to. Hubby says no. Boooooo...bad hubby! I have ALWAYS been fascinated with Richard Ramirez. If I did write to a serial killer, it would be him. Please let me know if he responds.

I gotta support the hubby on that...sorry!!

In the past few years, I have wanted too. I keep toying with the idea.
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

That's just it. I'm NOT curious, and I could care less. I'd rather be able to speak to the victims.

Zombiegirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Very scary thought!!

RigorMortis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    No, they are in a box somewhere and that is good enough for me. But hey, we are all different. If you do, just dont reveal too much about yourself or where you live. And btw, use a post office box.... be smart!

I'm glad you said this. Took the words right outta my mouth. Remember how Bianchi got that woman to kill someone to make it look like he was innocent the killer was still at large. Happily she didn't succeed but she was in prison for quite a long time. I believe she married and eventually got out. An old hag now. I hope grown up and gotten some serious counceling too.

pechar Guest
    If you did decide to write to a serial killer you'd have to make sure your not easily manipulated and as a few others have said use a PO Box for your return address.

They are master minds - and if your not on the ball they will manipulate you and perhaps, if you are weak minded, get you to do things and believe things that you wouldnt normally.

They had a show on Foxtel (here in Australia) the other week about women who married serial killers after they entered the prison system. They met them, fell in love with them and married them knowing the whole time that these men were in prison for life and had all killed multiple people.

And the scary thing is, every single woman made an excuse for their "husband" - he didnt mean it, he was forced into it, he really is a loving caring man - and all of them said that their "husbands" should be released because they were sorry for their crimes and wouldnt do it again.

For some strange reason I doubt that it true, and the instant they get released from prison I suspect their first victim would probably be their "loving wives"!!!

A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti
    Last edited by pechar; 12-03-2007 at 09:56 PM.

Nope, have never wanted to write a serial killer, but have written and e-mailed people in the public who I have admired. Mostly no responses, but have gotten some nice ones, including from Tammy Faye Baker.

HOWEVER.... To protect my friend's safety and anonymity, I cannot go into details but...

My friend's house was originally built and owned by someone involved with organized crime. The original occupant hasn't lived in the house in decades and there have been several other owners between him and when my friend bought the house. Yet my friend continues to get process servers, former business associates, and family members showing up on his doorstep looking for him. That's scary enough, but the scariest happened when he got a letter from someone who is serving a life sentence for killing several people (among doing other horrible, unspeakable crimes) addressed to the original occupant of the house.

Both the original occupant of my friend's house and the author of the letter are nationally known. So what does my friend do with the letter? Open it up? Give it to the FBI? The National Enquirer? Sell it on E-Bay? Nope, he decided to THROW THE LETTER AWAY, unopened. He figured that any mail this guy was sending from the slammer was being monitored anyway, and my friend has absolutely no idea where the original occupant of the house lives now.

For the sake of his family, he didn't want to stir things up. ie, if the guy in prison somehow ever got out and/or the former occupant of the house ever knew that his letter was given to the FBI or sold on E-BAY and would come back to the original address. The point is, both of these creepy people know where he lives! Last but not least, he could honestly say he didn't know anything about the contents of the mail if he was ever asked.

If it were me, I would have opened up the letter, read it, then put it someplace safe to do something with after both the sender and the intended recipient were dead. Assuming I hadn't died from anthrax poisoning in the process.

And yes, I know who both of the unnamed people are as described above. But I'm not telling. Ever. BTW, whatever happened to my friend? I married him about 15 years ago! See, sometimes even the most violent and scary stories still have a happy ending!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbilina View Post

Sure will!!!

If you did decide to write to a serial killer you'd have to make sure your not easily manipulated and as a few others have said use a PO Box for your return address.

They are master minds - and if your not on the ball they will manipulate you and perhaps, if you are weak minded, get you to do things and believe things that you wouldnt normally.

They had a show on Foxtel (here in Australia) the other week about women who married serial killers after they entered the prison system. They met them, fell in love with them and married them knowing the whole time that these men were in prison for life and had all killed multiple people.

And the scary thing is, every single woman made an excuse for their "husband" - he didnt mean it, he was forced into it, he really is a loving caring man - and all of them said that their "husbands" should be released because they were sorry for their crimes and wouldnt do it again.

For some strange reason I doubt that it true, and the instant they get released from prison I suspect their first victim would probably be their "loving wives"!!!

A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti
    Very Good Points. You really do have to be in a healthy state of mind if you are going to do something like this. I like to consider myself a highly educated person and I know I will not fall for any of that. I mean these are SERIAL KILLERS! I know they have killed people for me is just a curiosity thing. OH HELL NO, will I ever get sucked in to their evil minds.

You know, Richard Ramirez married a lady with a high I.Q... scary, yeah I will be careful, I promise!! Maybe I should write her and ask her WTF was she thinking?!?

I dont know about a serial killer but some of the cult leaders would have been interesting to talk to. It would be a good laugh to hear their sales pitch.