Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So Hags, got any hobbies besides FAD?

pvezz Guest
    Since I joined this forum, I don't have any other hobbies. lol

2. 05-16-2008, 01:12 PM

lab_rat Guest
    Gardening.

4. 05-16-2008, 04:23 PM

Hobbies

Do you guys have a hobby besides the FAD board?
    It's All Gravy Baby [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cross stitching and crocheting.

And reading, of course.

lolly89 Guest
    writing, drawing (even though am rubbish at it ) and going to the pub....I dont have a drinking problem you understand...I just aspire to

Armcast Guest
    Write. Read. Some Photography.

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    I 've started making some stained glass pieces for my house. Im pretty good with that sodering iron. Breaking the glass is my favorite part!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulie Girl View Post
    I 've started making some stained glass pieces for my house. Im pretty good with that sodering iron. Breaking the glass is my favorite part!?
    That sounds interesting. Sure what like to see what you done so far. Can you post some pictures of you work?

Jaxxx Guest
    Oh I'd like some stain glass,!!!
    I make belts, you know cross stitch things, like with beer logo's or baseball teams, etc, takes forever to make one, and costly, around $110 per belt to make

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
    Oh I'd like some stain glass,!!!
    I make belts, you know cross stitch things, like with beer logo's or baseball teams, etc, takes forever to make one, and costly, around $110 per belt to make
    The reason I started this thread is because I need a hobby, and I was looking for some suggestions. And you guys have some great, oringinal ones.

Jaxxx Guest
    I think playing basketball is a way I get my sanity back, I just go shoot hoops by myself until I drop

Lita Guest
    I have a lot of websites I check regularly besides FAD lol. I also play Pogo and other downloaded computer games. I have built two dollhouses that turned out crappy but I haven't been doing it very long obviously. I have another dolly house in a box that I need to start building.

frosty Guest
    Well i make freaky stuff, which i enjoy doing so that classes as my hobby to!.
    I'm going to start cake decorating classes next week, another string to the bow, i've allready made cake toppers, and adapted others for people, hope it works out.
    I also like autobiographys, and terry pratchet stuff! walking and cycling
    Last edited by frosty; 11-08-2008 at 01:57 PM.

RocketQueen Guest
    I collect old saint statues. I look for vintage clothes at thrift stores, and I reconstruct tee shirts into halter tops, etc. I also do hair and make-up, just for fun. I have no training just lots of practice.

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eca1094 View Post
    That sounds interesting. Sure what like to see what you done so far. Can you post some pictures of you work?
    As soon as they are completed, sure, glad you're interested.

I like to do pottery too, love the squishy feel of the clay--its a sensory thing, I think.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Sewing, crocheting, just about any sewing related craft...
    Painting, drawing, and comics...

sunshine74137 Guest
    Painting, drawing, printmaking, beaded jewelry, ceramics design, fashion design, knitting, cooking, reading, physical fitness(yoga, pilotes, weightlifting, cardio)

Snudgie Guest
    Even though I say so myself...I'm friggin AWESOME at Badminton...I like to get in a couple of games a week if I can...along with a friend/victim/whiny husband.....I love photography too...I always have a willing grinning subject (See avatar!!)...I'm also a huge bookworm...love chick-lit and autobiographies...and after all that I can happily spend HOURS watching DVD box sets, particularly Grey's Anatomy, Sex and the City, E.R, and Friends....till I can recite entire episodes word for word!

#1 Cooking and baking. I also enjoy photography and beading.
    My Daughter and I also just started volunteering for things like feeding the homeless.

Blue32 Guest
    I just started photography. Purchased myself a great digital camera with all the bells and whistles. I've taken some shots, but I must admit they aren't the best, but I'm trying. I have been trying to get to the local cemetaries to take some shots, as I live in a very historical area (near Fort Ticonderoga and Fort William Henry), but I've been told by my son that I can't go alone, since I could get attacked (how he knows this stuff I have no clue)! I've also recently purchased myself a taser, so soon I shall be making the trip to our local cemetary, armed and dangerous!

redkatrampant Guest
    cooking, being GAMMA!, driving, cross stitch, making plans to redecorate,drinking. oh and organizing.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Taxidermy...a hobby should pass the time, not fill it

Ilmatar Guest
    I knit like a motherfucker. I just can't stop.

Drinking beer.

jeca Guest
    Drinking, smoking weed, playing guitar hero 4.
    Hobbies that are good for me, therefore get done less often: mountain biking, going to the gym, crocheting, learning the guitar, some photography(I'll be dead before I figure my camera out.LOL )

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    The two posters above me need a hobby...TOGETHER!!! Ahahahahahahah!!! Get a room...Seriously...

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Genealogy
    Meeting random men from the internet

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    Genealogy
    Meeting random men from the internet
    I LOVE Genealogy...Can't spell it but I love it...

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    I LOVE Genealogy...Can't spell it but I love it...
    I had to stop for a while cause it was pissin' me off. Too many dead ends.

well I have a huge obsession with the Tudor and Stuart dynasties in English history... especially Anne Boleyn and the other wives Another hobby is collecting books and movies... but books in particular (to the great regret of the guys who helped me move last year)....I go to library sales and second hand book stores to find older or rarer books...historical novels, biographies, old nursing books etc....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love is the answer - and you know that for sure.

Tracyb24 Guest
    I'm a housewife and mom. I do like to read and take care of my animals, but mostly i'm hooked to this laptop. I totally freak if my internet goes kaput, I'm immediately calling somebody!

Snudigie and Sunshine are uber HOT; uber SMART; and uber FUNNY!!!

Yay! To Sunshine and Snudigie!!!

bloodrocuted Guest
    I've noticed a lot of us hags are creative people: Writers, drawers, graphic designers, photographers. An interesting correlation that I am curious about.

DexterFan Guest
    sewing, arts and crafts, swimming, fishing and going out on our boat..

trose Guest
    I love to read - mostly mysteries or crime fiction; I'm addicted to scrapbooking and LOVE shopping for supplies. Well, I guess shopping would be another hobby I have. Love to cook too.

CORONERGAL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Drinking beer.
    Not all the time, of course. I read, go to karaoke, do jigsaw puzzles and cross stitch, if and when I get the time. We just bought a house so I guess my main hobby right now is fixing it up the way I want. Kinda boring, sorry.

DexterFan Guest
    I love reading and shopping, especially at op shops, markets and ebay

redkatrampant Guest
    My new hobby is gonna be teaching people how to search for previously posted threads.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eca1094 View Post
    Do you guys have a hobby besides the FAD board?
    NOPE!!

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by redkatrampant View Post
    My new hobby is gonna be teaching people how to search for previously posted threads.
    LOL

Nosgothic Guest
    video games, books, movies...nothing out of the ordinary

redkatrampant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LSF View Post
    LOL
    What? It would serve a purpose and save the mods some time. I could wear a cool cape and have a theme song.

No?

guardmom2008 Guest
    I like spending time with my family, cooking , baking, shopping, drinking, and going to Nascar races.

DeadRinger Guest
    I'm a cross-stitcher and I love model trains.

Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    The two posters above me need a hobby...TOGETHER!!! Ahahahahahahah!!! Get a room...Seriously...
    Lmao ...You're not gonna give up, are ya Howie?
    Anyway, I still don't have a passport.
    And my apartment's a shithole (I REALLY hate housework, although I did quite a bit today, so it's starting to look a bit more like a human lives there. BTW, can someone lend me a vacuum cleaner? I've lived here 3 years and the carperts are getting a bit dusty...)

FizzyGrissom Guest
    I race speedway over the summer months, go motorbike riding, try and play golf over the winter months and I play pool sometimes too.

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    I'm a Musician. Singing is my life. I've been singing in groups for 13 years.I sang for Gray Davis, and I also got to sing at ground zero two weeks after 9/11.I also play Piano,Bass,Cello,Violin,Oboe,Guitar,Clarinet,Flute and Harp. Yea. Music is my life. Also I'm really quite into photography and a couple of my pieces have won awards.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LayneStaleyFan View Post
    LOL
    What? It would serve a purpose and save the mods some time. I could wear a cool cape and have a theme song.

No?
    No,I agree with you. That just struck me as funny last night! Sorry

Martini M. Guest
    READING, music, wine, writing, makeup, collecting Peanuts memorabilia, coddling my cats, the Sims 2.

marimbagirl Guest
    I just started quilting. In fact, I'm trying to make 4 quilts for Christmas.

I like photography, genealogy, and my books.