Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jo Ann Bain and daughters abducted

DonnaMc Guest
    Roflmao

philbert_wormly Guest
    Here is the "raw video" of the FBI's press conference for Adam Mayes and there are also the affidavits for Teresa and Mary Mayes at the link as well. It is from the CBS affiliate for Memphis and Shelby County, WREG.

http://wreg.com/2012/05/09/adam-maye...n-most-wanted/

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Oh my gosh, when I clicked on the link for this thread, it said "Jo Ann Bain and daughters abducted by rjbrasher" meaning, of course, that rjbrasher had posted the most recent post in the thread. For a second, though, I thought it was all one headline and that our favorite mommy death hag had gone nuts or something!! Glad to see that you're not responsible for this, rj!

rjbrasher Guest
    hahahah omg you mean im wanted!??! That would be some shits. I have done the same thing Oogie! I would be like holy shit! Then i realized i read it wrong hahahaha its all good luv

They have found him!!! They have arrested them in a church near Alpine, MS. We know it as Zion Church. He is barely alive. The girls are fine!!!!!!!

Sounds like our good ole boys beat the shit out of him!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

I know this is mean, but I hope that fucker dies.

You get your wish, Cricket. I just found out that he has died.

I just read the article that pyt posted. LOL! We say "self inflicted gunshot wound" down here all the time. My ass. He was subjected to some good old Southern Justice.
    Last edited by SheBoss; 05-10-2012 at 06:24 PM.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

too bad he wasn't killed/killed himself before he murdered the mom and other sister.
    at least the two surviving ones won't spend their lives looking over their shoulder wondering about him.
    they have a heck of a road ahead of them, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That creepy fuck got what was coming to him...I'm not usually one to be happy about another's death, but in this case I'll make an exception :P . Thankfully those two beautiful little girls are safe, my prayers are with the father and his two daughters.

What a bizarre situation. I'm incredulous and RELIEVED that the two little girls are alive!!! Whew!
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

This nasty devil of a man is dead!? So glad the younger girls are safe. I hope they can start the healing soon. This sick bastard deserved to die a cowards death.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Bassetlover09 Guest
    I live in TN as well...very close to the case of the man and woman killing a couple and their baby for de-facebooking them. Crazy.

Gooooood Lawddddd!! I am happy the two were found alive, but I shiver to think what they have witnessed and endured over this long period of time... Almost question what would be better for them...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Mammy Guest
    I am amazed that the little girls are still alive, but so happy that they are! They will now have to face knowing that their mom and other sister were murdered and that asshole probably did a lot of sick things to them as well. I am thrilled he is dead and I hope it hurt like hell! I am glad for the father of the little girls that he didn't lose his entire family, but still sad for him and the girls over the loss of Jo Ann and Adrienne. I'm curious to see what kind of punishment the wife and mother of Mayes gets and the neighbors.

philbert_wormly Guest
    This was breaking news over where I live and they stated that he basically blew his brains out which is all for the best.

The two girls were taken to a very fine children's hospital over in Memphis and have been released already and everything so that is very good. No one at that hospital will say jack squat to the media and since those are minors girls, that is great!

Here is the link on things from my local paper if anyone would care to read it.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...elf-two-girls/

Thanks, Philbert!
    Do you happen to know if there's any truth to the possibility that Mayes was the bio dad of the little survivors? (Doesn't look like it from the photos, thank goodness...he was hideous)
    Obviously, there's more to this than meets the eye, and the priority is the privacy and continuing recovery of the girls.
    Mayes' widow being up for 1st-degree murder is awesome. What a complicitous idiot. If she had taken other action, some lives might have been saved. But I'm sure it was 100% her husband's fault
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

So glad they are safe.....I thought he had killed them.

rjbrasher Guest
    praise god! Thank goodness for the people in the community to send in tips on where, what and whom! So glad these little girls are safe. Sucks their will be mentally scared, but they will turn out to be two strong women when they get older, and i hope dad still takes them out of the states and get them a whole new fresh start!

lisalouver Guest
    I heard he is the Dad of the two girls as well.

It makes sense

willow Guest
    I am so glad these girls are alive!!!

Maybe my kids are a little crazy, but if they ever found themselves in a situation simaliar to this, they would have ganged up on this sorry s.o.b and high tailed it out of there one way or another. They very well may have got their asses shot, but they would go down fighting to escape. I want to know what kind of story he told them. They obviously trusted him immensely.

Such a strange and sad story.

Mammy Guest
    Has much been said about the husband and father of the girls? Has he made any comments? I read that Adam Mayes was a longtime family friend and that at one time, Gary Bain and Adam Mayes were married to sisters. It just seems like there had to be more going on under the surface that we haven't heard about.

tarsier Guest
    Amazed they're alive and hope they didn't see their mom and sister being murdered but I rather doubt these girls will ever recover bound to be some survivor guilt haunting them forever and if there was any truth at all to the possiblity he was their biological father it just gets worse for them.

philbert_wormly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    Thanks, Philbert! Do you happen to know if there's any truth to the possibility that Mayes was the bio dad of the little survivors? (Doesn't look like it from the photos, thank goodness...he was hideous)
    Obviously, there's more to this than meets the eye, and the priority is the privacy and continuing recovery of the girls.
    Mayes' widow being up for 1st-degree murder is awesome. What a complicitous idiot. If she had taken other action, some lives might have been saved. But I'm sure it was 100% her husband's fault

You are welcome

The more, like, online based local rumors where I live is that he might have been their dad and was trying to keep them out of harms way from something. I think the truth might lie more in the middle if anything but their whole family structure is a little far out, though.

Three more people have been arrested in this case. Apparently, for making a false statement and firearms charges... Their names or relationship to either Mayes or the victims is not yet known.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...D=happeningnow

Djen Guest
    You know, I have some REALLY good friends, but no one I'd count on to cover up murder and kidnapping for me. What's wrong with these people?

Mammy Guest
    He must have been quite the bullshit artist to be able to get that many people in on something so horrible. I don't mind helping people out in a bind, but I have my limits and murder and prison is way past those limits.

Is there a photo of the husband that can be easily compared to those of the younger girls for "eyeball DNA" comparison? Neither of them seemed to resemble Adam Mays, but they did not much resemble the older (murdered!) sister either, who was apparently born to JoAnn when she was a teenager (and I guess, had a different father altogether.) They do resemble each other, but not their mother so much, so I suppose they do share a father, whether their father of record, or whoever.

lisalouver Guest
    Has there been any confirmation that the young girls were daughters of the killer?

I should google, but Im too lazy LOL.

Obviously, this would be easy enough to prove?

It makes sense to me that he would be the Dad (motive)

I'm absolutely amazed any of the daughters survived. I assumed that he would have done away with them and gone on the run. Thankfully he didn't!

Shame he had to die, though. He doesn't have to face any real justice... IE: the rest of his life to be miserable and think about what he's done. He got off way too easy.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

I heard on the news that the two younger daughters were adopted by the current husband, so I'm not sure who their bio dad is.

OK - Here's what I'm hearing now. Mind you, I've read no papers or internet stuff or magazines or whatever, so this may be wrong. But I'm getting my info from a mechanic that works here who is also on the V Fire Dept as well as a 2nd job on one of the police depts in the hunt. He also lives about 3 miles from where all this went down. So he was actually there.

1. There have now been about 10 people arrested in connection with this. Mom (driving them from TN to here), Wife (I don't know what she did to get exactly to get kidnapping charges), 2 neighbors (bringing AM food Sat night), 6 more people that are known meth addicts (my source calls 2 of them Hollywood and Cowboy - he knows them - they are arrested for aiding and abetting) He states AM ran around with the meth crowd in that area although he's never been on the radar for meth himself.

2. He thought the 2 little girls were his so he took them to keep mom and dad from taking them out to Arizona where they were moving because of 2 of the girl's asthma conditions. I have absolutely no idea if they really ARE his, or he just got that in his head. Also, I have no idea why he took Mom and the oldest daughter if all he wanted was the younger two.

3. The little girls were pronounced "ok" here. They were covered up with poison ivy and were dehydrated, but otherwise good. They were airlifted to Memphis - philbert may know more about this than me.

4. This is how it went down: One of the girls were spotted in the woods. The cops sent game wardens in because they were on posted land (in this case, cops could have probably gone in, but they didn't want a slick lawyer getting him off because of some technicality). He was actually in a tree stand when found. He had the girls laying facedown under the stand. The game wardens surrounded him and told him to come down - he did. They then told him to put his hands up. When he brought his hands up, he had a pistol in one hand. He immediately blew his brains out.

5. He was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital in New Albany, MS. It's my understanding there was almost a serious issue there, because word had gotten around and there was pretty much a lynch mob circling the hospital (about 1000 people - did I mention the amount of rednecks and inbred we have around here?). On the breaking news, they had said he was "barely alive" when in truth, he was dead before he hit the ground.

I think that's about all I know right now that you guys might not know.

God I hope he didn't do anything to those girls because he thought he was their father...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

DonnaMc Guest
    Thanks SheBoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    God I hope he didn't do anything to those girls because he thought he was their father...
    You and me both! I'm wondering if he didn't mess with them while they were all getting along and 1 big happy family. It's much easier to keep a kid "under control" if you aren't 1500 miles away, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMc View Post
    Thanks SheBoss.
    You're welcome! Anytime!

Oh yeah!!! Mayes' brother has now said that Mayes is crazier than a shithouse rat and he's not surprised he did this. He said it was just a matter of time with him. Just FYI for y'all...

Yeah something is up - I am curious what all details come out about this dudes "connection" to the family. He has obviously know them for a long time since he "claims" the two young ones are his - I mean at least 12 years right? So does that mean he knew the Mother longer than the Father?

I dunno - I am so confused here.... Help...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Me too. Aside from being traumatized from the whole being taken and shooting, hopefully he didn't do anything bad to them because he thought they were his. That is probably good news, if there is any in this story (beside them being alive, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMc View Post
    Thanks SheBoss.
    Yes, thank you so much for the great info!

Mammy Guest
    Apparently, the oldest two girls belong to Jo Ann Bain and her first husband and the youngest daughter belongs to Jo Ann and Gary Bain. Her ex husband wants his surviving daughter back with him even though he signed his rights away to the Bains, so I guess Alexandria will be the subject of a custody battle and if he gets her back, she and her little sister will be seperated. That seems cruel after everything they have already been through. Obviously, Adam Mayes was just a psycho and wasn't the father of either girl.

http://wreg.com/2012/05/12/biologica...eking-custody/

The girls should not be split up after all they've been through, but neither paternal unit did right by them, IMO. The bio-dad of Alexandria and the late Adrienne signed away his parental rights, allegedly to avoid further child support payments, but now he's seeing dollar signs from tabloid talk show appearances, books and possible movie rights (even if it's just a cable station movie.)

Gary Bain may have willingly helped to raise the older girls, but he also brought former bro-in-law Adam Mayes into their lives. How can he not have known what kind of crowd Mayes was running with, and could Mayes have been such an excellent liar that Bain was not aware of his feelings about the females in his house?

Still, at least he's trying to get Alex and Kyliyah away from the area which is now tainted by memories of their traumatic ordeal, though California seems an odd choice vis-a-vis the original intention of helping the girls with their asthma. It's quite possible that Gary Bain is also tempted by the siren call of making money off one's children's misfortunes.

lisalouver Guest
    Has there been any tests to determine who the bio dad is of the two youngest?

DonnaMc Guest
    What mixed up personal lives these adults had! My thoughts and prayers are with the two survivors.

rjbrasher Guest
    http://wreg.com/2012/05/18/gary-bain...-memorialized/

the comment down below is interesting.

"
    Candy Jones Monroe7 hours ago
    You make me sick Gary Bain?? You are no father figure what so ever after you knee he was found naked with another child. You should be arreseted for putting the girls in that spot. You are as guilty as adam mayes.. point blank.. you were involved, the le will see thru you.. you are sick..."
    Last edited by rjbrasher; 05-21-2012 at 05:55 AM.

rjbrasher Guest
    some dirt adams sister is spilling http://www.wlbt.com/story/18503652/a...nd-manipulator

and in this article tells how he was around a girl, naked and shaving her legs. but cops never did anything http://www.wbir.com/news/article/219...rls-found-safe
    Last edited by rjbrasher; 05-21-2012 at 06:21 AM.

DonnaMc Guest
    I wonder why these clues were all ignored. It's a shame things like this keep happening.

Mammy Guest
    Thanks for the links, RJ! I knew I had read that Gary and Adam were former brother-in-laws and the article helped explain everything. I wonder if the family was moving to Arizona because Adam was creeping them out and they wanted to get away from him? He sounds even more like a weirdo than he already did. It's a shame the family didn't get away sooner before he killed Jo Ann and Adrienne. Were they shot by him?

rjbrasher Guest
    hey np i wanted to see if there were any updates lingering around. the guy is just creapy, you can just look at the man and creapy is written all over, i can't believe that had complete trust in him.

Okayyyyyy, sooooo the Bain is only the Bio Dad to the youngest one? I need a flow chart...

WTH? I mean cause it is sooooo normal for a SEVEN YEAR OLD to be "shaving her legs" with a naked MAN in the room. Yes I would say the ball was dropped there... SMDH....
    My Posse's On Broadway