Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41484950515259 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,500 of 3250

Thread: West Memphis Murders

pwem Guest
    I am re-reading Devil's Knot. I am even more convinced they were innocent.

I'm reading the actual case files. I'm even more convinced they are guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMc View Post
    I wonder if the books are any good? He his 'well spoken'.

He sure threw his boy Jason under the bus in the book. Read the quote and link I provided in an earlier post.

pwem Guest
    The actual case files? Wow! How did you get hold of them?

Re-reading Devil's Knot makes me cringe. I cannot imagine growing up in an environment where wearing black jeans and a band t-shirt would have you labelled as a satanist and murderer. Just a sea of paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    The actual case files? Wow! How did you get hold of them?

Re-reading Devil's Knot makes me cringe. I cannot imagine growing up in an environment where wearing black jeans and a band t-shirt would have you labelled as a satanist and murderer. Just a sea of paranoia.

They were labeled as satanists because that is what Damian called himself. The kid tried killing his own stepfather before this case happened, and told investigators that he was looking for a living sacrifice for satanic rituals.

Of course, none of the pro-WM3 books or shows want to bring this up, despite it all being in Damian's records..

The worst one is his mom in PL1 saying that she didn't know where the devil worship stuff came from when SHE is also on record saying her son was into satanic worship before the WM3 case...but again, no one wants to talk about that.

DonnaMc Guest
    That's one thing SRV Fan and I will never agree on. Nor will me and Joseph. But the converations are lively. Someone pm me on what happened to JoS3ph, please.

pwem Guest
    That's interesting. As I am reading the book he admits to being a Wiccan.

Maybe I just haven't gotten up to speed yet but so far it looks very much like a witch hunt (pardon the pun). And this guy Driver! Why does he have such a hard-on for Damien? Goodgrief.

From Damian's files.

http://callahan.8k.com/images/500/3/374.jpg

http://callahan.8k.com/images/500/3/375.jpg

As far as Driver goes, he was Damian's probation officer when the above statements were taken.

Note Damian's threats to kill the police officers who picked him up, and the threats to slash his fathers throat and "eat him alive".
    Last edited by SRVFan; 09-12-2012 at 01:36 PM.

From what I understand Damien Called himself a Wiccan, and it did bring it up in the docus about him trying to kill his stepfather. He said he was reading a book about it because he was curious, hell I read the satanic bible when I was younger because I was curious, doesn't make me a Satanist yes he underlined passages about finding a young child and killing it, how many of you have underlined something in a book, I underlined a lot of things about witch craft how they would take babies and render the fat and make candles, I underlined it because I thought huh didn't know that, writing a report might use it later. Doesn't make me a killer. I wore black as well, doesn't make me a killer or a satanist. Around that time, anyone that dressed in black, listened to heavy metal and such and read things about another religion and called themselves pagan or wiccan was considered to be a satanist as no one really understood what paganism and wicca was.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    From what I understand Damien Called himself a Wiccan, and it did bring it up in the docus about him trying to kill his stepfather. He said he was reading a book about it because he was curious, hell I read the satanic bible when I was younger because I was curious, doesn't make me a Satanist yes he underlined passages about finding a young child and killing it, how many of you have underlined something in a book, I underlined a lot of things about witch craft how they would take babies and render the fat and make candles, I underlined it because I thought huh didn't know that, writing a report might use it later. Doesn't make me a killer. I wore black as well, doesn't make me a killer or a satanist. Around that time, anyone that dressed in black, listened to heavy metal and such and read things about another religion and called themselves pagan or wiccan was considered to be a satanist as no one really understood what paganism and wicca was.
    With all due respect, I think you should really look into Damian's files. No one is saying that if you wear black and listen to heavy metal you are a satanist, I also don't think any of us on here can compare ourselves to any of the three regardless if we think they are guilty or not.

What makes people think he is a satanist is the FACT that he himself has said it MULTIPLE times throughout his life until they started trying to get the guys out of prison, and he changed his tune. Like I've said MULTIPLE times in this thread, if some of you had the opportunity to see and hear that man behind bars and see the REAL Damian Echols, you would probably understand a little better.

"Damian at that time state that he was a white witch and worshiped the devil."

http://callahan.8k.com/images/500/3/375.jpg

It's all in his mental health files.

This is from Dr. James Moneypenny, who happened to testify for the defense:

I am familiar with the records where he was hospitalized in Oregon. I am familiar with the statement in the record where he was hospitalized in Oregon where it says the parents are concerned that he is also into satanism or devil worship.

In regard to the East Arkansas Mental Health Center and Dr. Irby's report where he visited with Echols on January 5, 1993, I cannot recall the specific content of that.

Q If you would, read the part that I have highlighted in pink. This page [has the date it is on the page. And I need you to speak up if you could.

(READING) Reports that he thinks a lot about life after death

"I want to where the monsters go. Pretty much hate the human race. Relates that he feels people are in two classes, sheep and wolves. Wolves eat the sheep."

That would be he thinks a lot about life after death and he wants to go where the monsters go. I am familiar with the report from January 25, 1993.

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/abstract/moneypenny.html

Here's one of my personal favorites. WM3 supporter Peter Jackson hire Blink on Crime to study the evidence to PROVE the INNOCENCE of the three. Blink actually uncovered new evidence which shows guilt.

NEW PROSECUTION EVIDENCE TIED TO ECHOLS AND BALDWIN

Exclusively on www.blinkoncrime.com, during the course of our investigation of the case file, new and additional evidence has been uncovered linking Damien Echols and Jason Baldwin to the murders.
    The INFAMOUS BR1

A plastic bag with the Road Runner Petro logo found at the scene containing inter alia a black thermal t shirt size Medium, a khaki short sleeve button down shirt size L, men’s size 33-34 Jordache jeans, a pair of white socks recovered from the pipe near the scene. A red fiber found on Michael Moore ‘s boyscout shirt, which was microscopically similar to a red and white pullover shirt of Echols, was also found in this bag.
    More: http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/08/15/t...hey-should-be/

pwem Guest
    I can't see where any of this completely and without a doubt points to him as a killer.

Teenagers and older people threaten others all the time. I even told my mum when I was 15 I wish she were dead once. I didn't mean it.

Some teenagers also go through the phase of examining dark arts, goth thinking, and thoughts of death. And it is especially good if you can piss off a lot of narrow minded paranoids that were living around you.

The red fiber? Microscopically similar? It should be exact.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. I admire your dedication in looking into even further, SRVFan.

It is really sad the kids in this town had to live under such suffocating circumstances.

Then you also have the multiple confessions of Miskelley even AFTER he was incarcerated and with his lawyers telling him to be quite.

But, your question was where did the devil worship stuff come from. The answer is Damian himself. The facts also show he tried killing others before the WM3 case, to include a member of his own family. He and his girlfriend were also seen in the area of the murders the night of the murders, and were covered with mud (plenty of witness testimony on that one). Of course, NONE of this was ever discussed in the PL films or any of the books put out trying to proclaim the innocence of the three.

That is why we ALL have to be careful. Any documentary you watch is going to press the view it is trying to portray, be it a documentary about the WM3, something political, or whatever it is. That is why we must study the files of the case which are all out there in the Callahan files, and see what the real facts are.

Here's a little something extra for you.

Possible Weapon?

One thing that most experts have agreed on, with a few exceptions to be discussed later is that the injuries to the boys did not come from a knife. The defense strongly believes that the knife found in the lake behind Baldwin’s trailer was not used and I agree that the “grapefruit is not just for breakfast anymore” stunt by John Fogleman was ridiculous and should never have been allowed, and stricken at a minimum. However, I do think Jason Baldwin was the owner of the primary weapon used in the assault and murders of Chris, Stevie, and Michael on May 5, 1993.

The day before the murders, Tuesday May 4, 1993, Jason Baldwin traded 3 t shirts for a curved “throwing” knife, and a mountain climbing ice pick. On Friday May 8, 1993 Jason had his little brother Matthew return those items, he had kept hidden under his bed for the last few days, claiming “somebody was going to accuse him of using them.”

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/08/15/t...hey-should-be/

One of the biggest ironies to me is that the people Peter Jackson hired to study the evidence to "prove innocence" uncovered enough evidence to convict the three. Blink on Crime did a tremendous job reporting the facts, regardless of who paid them.

OKay he calls himself a white witch who worships the devil ,first off he has his religions confused, White Witchcraft does not worship the devil, White Witchcraft is all about protection and healing. Secondly it doesn't make him a killer to threaten his step dad a lot of kids have threatened their step parents, thirdly microscopically match isn't the same as a complete match.

pwem Guest
    Pk + pwem= separated at birth

But, but, but, where did the devil worship stuff come from? The documentaries said that wasn't true!

Keep digging, and you will keep finding stuff. The Callahan website and the Blink on Crime articles are your friends.

I just wish the State of Arkansas would have made them provide their DNA evidence they claim to have, you know, the same evidence they have yet to present to prove their innocence since they were set free?

The truth is out there, you just have to be willing to be receptive to it. I say it like that because at one time I was a WM3 supporter until I found the Callahan website with all of the evidence. The best part about that site is they offer no opinions, they just provide the evidence.

Also, it is of my opinion that if the State of Arkansas decides to revoke Echols release after writing and releasing a book that his conditions of release clearly says he is not allowed to do, Peter Jackson will fly him out of the country immediately. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

pwem Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SRVFan View Post
    Also, it is of my opinion that if the State of Arkansas decides to revoke Echols release after writing and releasing a book that his conditions of release clearly says he is not allowed to do, Peter Jackson will fly him out of the country immediately. I could be wrong, just my opinion.
    In your opinion why do you think so many people believe they are innocent?

Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    In your opinion why do you think so many people believe they are innocent?

Because they saw the PL documentaries. I'll say that well over 99% of the people I have personally come in contact with cite Paradise Lost as the reason. Hell, even Eddie Vedder was on a talk show and they made him look like a fool because he really didn't know anything about the case. All he could says was "well the show said".

Here's a link to a friend of Damian's saying that Damian confessed to the rape and murder of the boys to him. You can listen to the audio at the link below.

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/audio/jon...liam052693.mp3

Someone asked about Jo$eph earlier, wish the guy was still around. I'm going to share a series of emails he sent me (I think he posted this same information in this thread, but it is buried so deep it is hard to find. Full credit goes to Jo$eph for this.

There were a total of 10 fibers found in this case. 5 fibers were found on the clothing belonging to Michael Moore. 1 fiber was found Chris Byers's shirt. 3 fibers were found on a knife recovered during the course of the investigation.

Below is a summary of the number and types of fibers:

2 green polyester
    1 red rayon
    3 red cotton
    1 green cotton
    2 black polyester
    1 blue polyester

Below is a summary of the specific locations of each fiber found:

2 green polyester – E-5 (Michael’s cap) and E-3 (Michael’s blue pants)
    1 red rayon – E-2 (Christopher's shirt white/black shirt)
    1 green cotton – E-3 (Michael's blue pants)
    3 red cotton – E-3 (Michael’s blue pants), E-1 (Michael’s Cub Scout shirt) and BR-1 (bag at crime scene)
    2 black polyester - E-134 (knife)
    1 blue polyester - E-134 (knife)

All of these fibers were linked to Echols and Baldwin. The results were exclusive in the sense that only a single matching garment was found similar to the green polyester and green cotton fibers and a single garment was found similar to the red rayon fiber. These findings were also to the exclusion of other suspects (Miskelley, Domini Teer, John Winters - E1B, Gary Ray Chadwick - E1C and Steve Menard - E50)

Relevant Links:

Trace Evidence Report, June 29, 1993: http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/img/ascl629.html

Lab Submission Index: http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/lablist.html

Alabama Department of Forensic Science Report: http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/img/phyevi.html

Corrected page 10: http://callahan.8k.com/images/crimelab/correct2.jpg

The Trace Evidence – Fibers

E-134: One (1) knife with a black leather sheath

A single black polyester fiber microscopically similar to those used in the construction of E78 (BLACK T-SHIRT TRACE EVIDENCE D-7) was recovered from E134 (KNIFE TRACE EVIDENCE). Also recovered from E134 was a single blue polyester fiber microscopically similar to those used in the construction of E109 (BLUE TOILET SEAT COVER TRACE EVIDENCE J-15).

(p. 9, Report of Laboratory Analysis, 06/29/1993)

This was confirmed by an independent examination performed at the Alabama Department of Forensic Science.

Evidence Listing:

Q11 – One microscope slide bearing two fibers and labeled “93-05716 E134 QF Black Polyester match w/E 78.” (p. 3, Alabama Dept of Forensic Sciences Report)

K66 – “93-05716 E78 std”. (p. 6, Alabama Dept. of Forensic Sciences Report)

E-78 – Black T-Shirt (D-7) – Echols’ trailer, June 3, 1993 (WMPD Evidence List)

E-134 – Knife – location and date unknown (WMPD Evidence List)

Q11 consisted of two black polyester fibers. One of these were flattened and identified by Criminalist Sakevicus as having been done during her analysis. These polyester fibers were found to be consistent with the known polyester fibers from K66. (p. 10, Alabama Department of Forensic Science, January 5, 1994)

Evidence Listing:

Q12 – One microscope slide bearing a fibers and labeled “93-05716 E134 QF Blue Polyester Match w/E109A” (p. 3 Alabama Dept. of Forensic Sciences report)

K27 – J15 Toilet covers E109 (p. 5, Alabama Dept. of Forensic Sciences report)

E-109 – Blue toilet seat cover (J-15) – Baldwin’s trailer, June 3, 1993 (WMPD Evidence List)

E-134 – Knife – location and date unknown (WMPD Evidence List)

Q12 was determined to be a blue polyester fiber and to be consistent with the known fibers in item K37. (p. 10, Alabama Department of Forensic Science, January 5, 1994)

Summary: Two black fibers (Q-11), found on a knife seized during the course of the investigation, were compared by both the Arkansas State Crime Lab and the Alabama Dept. of Forensic Sciences and were found to be similar to a black t-shirt seized from Echols’ trailer (K66/E-78/D-7). A blue polyester fiber (Q12), found on that same knife was compared by the both the Arkansas State Crime Lab and the Alabama Dept. of Forensic Sciences and was found to be similar to a blue toilet seat cover seized from Baldwin’s trailer (E-109/J-15). This evidence links E-134 to Echols and Baldwin through the black polyester and blue polyester fibers.

Michael Moore

A single green cotton fiber microscopically similar to those used in the construction of E79 (BLUE SHIRT TRACE EVIDENCE D- was recovered from E3 (PAIR BLUE PANTS). Two (2) green polyester fibers microscopically similar to those used in the construction of E79 (BLUE SHIRT TRACE EVIDENCE D- were recovered from E3 (PAIR BLUE PANTS)and E5 (CUB SCOUT BLUE/YELLOW CAP).

This was confirmed, in part, by an independent examination performed at the Alabama Department of Forensic Science.

Evidence Listing:

Q13 – One microscope slide bearing two fibers and labeled “93-05716 E5 QF green polyester Match w/E97”. (p. 3, Alabama Dept. of Forensic Sciences report)

K22 – “D8 blue green shirt closet E79” (p. 4, Alabama Dept. of Forensic Sciences report)

E-5 – Cub Scout Blue/Yellow Cap – Michael Moore, May 5, 1993 (WMPD Evidence List)

E-79 – Blue Shirt (D-8 - Echols’ trailer, June 3, 1993 (WMPD Evidence List)

Q13 was determined to be a green polyester fibers. The fiber had been partially flattened. The fiber was found to be consistent with the known fibers in item K22. (p. 10, Alabama Department of Forensic Science, January 5, 1994)

Summary: A green polyester fiber (Q-13) found on Michael’s Cub Scout cap, was compared by both the Arkansas State Crime Lab and the Alabama Dept. of Forensic Sciences and was found to be similar to a shirt seized from Echols’ trailer (K22/E-79/D-. The green cotton fibers were not examined by the ADFS. This fiber was one of the original fibers testified to by Lisa Sakevicius which inculpated Echols.

Three (3) red cotton fibers microscopically similar to those used in the construction of E92 (RED SHIRT TRACE EVIDENCE D-22) were recovered from E1 (BOY SCOUT SHIRT), E3 (PAIR BLUE PANTS) and BR1 (p. 2, Trace Evidence Report, 06/29/1993, http://callahan.8k.com/images/ascl/A...ce_0629_02.JPG).

The red cotton fibers were not examined by the ADFS. Additionally, the results are essentially negated by a subsequent fiber search and examination conducted by the ASCL. http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/img/ascljan2.html

Christopher Byers

A single red rayon fiber microscopically similar to those used in the construction of E99 was recovered from E2.

This was confirmed by an independent examination performed at the Alabama Department of Forensic Science.

Evidence Listing:

Q14 – One microscope slide bearing a fiber and labeled “93-05716 E2 QK red rayon match w/E99”. (p. 4, Alabama Dept. of Forensic Sciences report)

K42 – “J5 Red garment”. (p. 5, Alabama Dept. of Forensic Sciences report)

E-2 – White Polkadot Shirt - Chris Byers, May 5, 1993 (WMPD Evidence List)

E-99 – Red House Coat (J-5) – Baldwin’s trailer, June 3, 1993 (WMPD Evidence List)[/i]

Q14 consisted of a red rayon fiber which had been partially flattened. The fiber was found to be consistent with the known fibers in item K42.

Summary: A red rayon fiber (Q-14), found on Chris’ shirt, was compared by both the Arkansas State Crime Lab and the Alabama Dept. of Forensic Sciences and was found to be similar to a red robe seized from Baldwin’s trailer (K42/E-99/J-5). This was one of the original fibers testified to by Lisa Sakevicius which inculpated Baldwin.

The knife, that contained matched fibers, was found at Marion High School. The defense successfully moved to exclude the knife, in spite of the link to Echols and Baldwin, from the trial.

This is the knife:

http://callahan.8k.com/images2/ascl/..._ls_report.jpg

Q11 and Q12 are the fibers found on that knife.

http://callahan.8k.com/images/crimelab/crimelab03.jpg

The results from an examination performed by the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences:

http://callahan.8k.com/images/crimelab/correct2.jpg

Evidence Reference pages:

K37:
    http://callahan.8k.com/images/crimelab/crimelab05.jpg

K66:
    http://callahan.8k.com/images/crimelab/crimelab06.jpg

Ironically, in an effort to "refute" the fiber analysis, Kathy Bakken of the WM3 organization linked this knife to the victims.

Dump Site or Crime Scene?

Some absolutely refuse to recognize the fact that there is no evidence to refute the theory that the woods were not the sole crime scene. Initially, the lack of visible blood led the the WMPD to theorize that the boys didn't die in the woods.

The Luminol testing on May 12 and May 13 and the absence of evidence, i.e. tire tracks, foot prints, or other evidence in the field that would prove that the bodies were dumped in the woods changed that. It appears that, contrary to the accusations of people supporting the 3 child killers, the WMPD weren't jumping to conclusions from May 6, 1993 when the bodies were discovered.

Timeline

The timeline has the murders occurring before sunset on May 5, 1993, and the boys bodies being placed in the ditch before sunset. So, the woods wouldn't have been dark. Three teenage killers beating and killing three 8-year-old victims in the woods is more logical and reasonable than a lone, unknown killer holding the boys for hours and accomplishing all the "mayhem, torture, sexual mutilation, and murder" without someone hearing something and then bringing the bodies back to the woods to dump them without being seen.

Screams in the Woods

Actually, only three people were committing murder and they were the three teens who were larger than their younger victims. In his May 10, 1993 statement, Echols said that a killer would choose the woods because nobody would hear the victims and he was absolutely correct.

I know people who claim to have been in those woods and have screamed at the top of their lungs. They claim no one heard a thing.

Mosquitoes/Mosquito Bites

First, according to the timeline, the boys were killed prior to dark, which is when mosquitoes swarm. Second, there's no conclusive evidence that the boys weren't bitten by mosquitoes, since the lack of reaction to bites may have been due to death immediately after being bitten. Officer Meek entered the woods after dark, when the mosquitoes were swarming.

According to the prosecution timeline, it wouldn't have been dark at the time the murders were being committed.

Misskelley

Miskelley said he was puking drunk. He didn't say that Echols and Baldwin were also puking drunk. Frankly, this may have been one of the subjects on which Misskelley was not 100% honest (something criminals do during confessions). He may have said they were drunk in an attempt to mitigate their actions. Supporters have yet to provide evidence of a BAC from the three killers that proves they were intoxicated on the night of May 5, 1993.

Where's the Blood Evidence at the Crime Scene?

Fact: Chris was the only victim who bled to death. A child's blood volume is not that of an adult and the estimate is that with 15% volume loss, Chris would've been in trouble.

There were hundreds (or perhaps thousands) of gallons of water immediately available and they were in an outdoor location, not a white room, with white walls and white carpet. Cleaning up the crime scene was neither a great feat, nor the work of a genius.

It would've been simple common sense to try to get ride of immediate, visible evidence to prolong discovery of the bodies. This is supported by the fact that instead of dropping the bodies on the side of the road, or in the field they were placed into the ditch, with their clothing and their bikes were submerged in the Bayou.

This is the reasonable and logical action of someone who commits a murder just before dark, but does not want the murder discovered until much later, so they can go home and establish their alibis.

Pristine Crime Scene?

The police didn't describe the scene as pristine. They stated there were "no signs of visible blood." Detectives also noted the "slicked off" area of the bank, which they believed was an area in which the attacks occurred.

Confessions

Criminals lie, even when they are confessing to crimes. For supporters to expect any criminal confession to be 100% honest demonstrates how naive they are and how little experience they have with the real world.

Misskelley lied about the times at which the murders occurred because he knew he had an alibi for the times he described.

Misskelley lied about his level of involvement in the murders for obvious reasons.

Misskelley lied about leaving during the murders, again, for obvious reasons.

Misskelley identified the victims. He knew which victim was sexually mutilated and which victim was cut on the face. He also, without prompting, volunteered that he chased Michael Moore when Michael got away from him. He also identified the two, thick sticks/logs that were observed at the crime scene on May 5, 1993, but were not believed at that time to be connected to the murders.

Misskelley has confessed to the murders 4 times (at least). The first time was the day before his arrest to a girl who didn't go to police. The second was on June 3, 1993. The third was to the transport officers after his conviction. The fourth was to the prosecutors on February 17, 1994, with both of his attorneys present and urging him not to talk.

Free the WM3 at ANY Cost?

In July of 2001, two supporters worked together to create a scenario in which a drug addict from Clarksville, Tennesse, was the "real killer" based on the fact that the victim of the murder Griffin committed 3 weeks later was hogtied. To ensure that their scenario would be believed, the invented numerous facts, including shrinking the distance between Lehi (where the later murder occurred) and West Memphis, claiming that the same detectives and the same prosecutor handled both cases and failed to make a connection, placing Griffin in the J.W. Rich ball field at the time Echols confessed to the murders and providing an identification of Anthony Wayne Griffin by Mr. Byers based on a picture taken at Flash Market on May 5, 1993.

At other times, they alleged that Griffin was the person who took a cab from West Memphis to central Tennessee on May 5, 1993. This, too, was untrue, as the cab ride originated in Memphis on May 6, 1993 and the fare was to Centerville, Tennessee, not Clarksville.

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/img/metrocab.html

Below is a link to the Crittenden County Sheriff's office investigation file.

http://callahan.8k.com/awgriffin.html

The murder, contrary to supporter claims, was investigated by the Crittendent County Sheriff, since Lehi is outside the jurisdiction of the West Memphis Police Department. Griffin's case was also handled by two attorneys from the local prosecutor's office and neither John Fogleman, nor Brent Davis, took part in the prosecution, probably since the trial occurred in April, 1994, close to the conclusion of the West Memphis case.

Additionally, although the records aren't public, Griffin was involved in a local crime spree in Clarksville in the first week of May, 1993, and was placed in jail shortly thereafter, making it impossible for him to have been in West Memphis on May 5, 1993.

Jumping to Conclusions/Crime Scene

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/img/casesummary.html

Contrary to the assertions of some WM3 supporters, the above report merely demonstrates that the WMPD weren't jumping to conclusions. It also demonstrates that they weren't attempting to pin the murders on Echols, Baldwin and Misskelley from the beginning, as has been so often alleged.

The theory that the murders didn't occur in the woods was based on the knowledge at the time the report was generated, due to the lack of visible evidence of blood at the crime scene on May 6, 1993. Given the subsequent Luminol reports, it's a safe bet that this report was generated some time between May 6, 1993 and May 12, 1993.

Luminol testing was conducted at the crime scene on the nights of May 12 and May 13, 1993. The results of those tests indicated that there were two areas of blood detected that were not accounted for by body recovery operations.

Three reports were generated in connection with the Luminol testing.

Donald Smith, Arkansas State Police:
    http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/luminol_dsmith.html
    http://callahan.8k.com/images/luminol/lum12.jpg

Bryn Ridge, WMPD:
    http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/img/lumbryn1.html
    http://callahan.8k.com/images/luminol/lum02.jpg

Tony Anderson, WMPD:
    http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/img/lumtonya1.html
    http://callahan.8k.com/images/luminol/lum06.jpg

Some species of plants and some metals, as well as photo processing chemicals can cause a false reaction with Luminol, there's never been any evidence that the types of plants or metals, or photo processing chemicals were present in the woods. The latter two are unlikely to have been there naturally and the former would have been mentioned in Smith's report if they were present in the woods.

Supporters also make a big deal of the fact that the control samples did not react in the lab as an indication that the reactions in the woods were "false positives." However, the samples tested in the lab were controls, taken prior to the start of testing and, therefore, their failure to react doesn't change the fact that the areas identified in the reports did react to Luminol.

Given the absence of evidence that the bodies were dumped in the woods (no tire tracks in the field, no footprints from the field into the woods, no vehicles reported in the parking lot by the Blue Beacon employees, no blood trails through the woods, etc.) and given the Luminol reaction in two unaccounted for areas in the woods, the only logical conclusion is that the woods were the sole crime scene.

The Bojangles Man

The man seen in Bojangles on the night of May 5, 1993, did not have a vehicle and was last seen walking on Missouri Street. Therefore, he could not have kidnapped Chris, Michael and Steve, held them and then dumped their bodies in the woods as supporters claim.

Marty King observed that the man was bleeding, which explains the blood he left behind when he left the restaurant. He appeared and disappeared before 9:00 p.m. on the night of May 5, 1993. Therefore, if he did kill the boys, they would have to have been killed prior to Mr. Bojangles' appearance on Missouri Street on the night of May 5, 1993.

As for the loss of the blood sample taken from the restaurant, it was actually the best thing to happen for Echols, Baldwin and Miskelley. Had it been examined and eliminated the incident, the defense would not have been able to bring it up, nor would they have been able to use the incident to criticize the WMPD.

What supporters don't seem to understand is that (a) the WMPD didn't have their benefit of hindsight, (b) the proper procedure involved in a situation like the Bojangles one, (c) the sequence of the facts in the Bojangles incident, i.e. that the man was no longer in the restaurant when King called the WMPD and (d) that the loss of the blood sample taken on May 6 was something that benefited the killers, rather than hurting them.

Had the blood sample been analyzed and eliminated the victims as a source, the defense could never have brought up the incident, as the results of the analysis would have made it irrelevant. The lack of results opened the door for the defense to present the alternate "suspect" theory.

The Bojangles man is a bleeding, disoriented red herring.

According to the testimony of his attorneys Stidham and Crow, Misskelley maintained his participation in this crime for months after his arrest.

Stidham testified that he believed Misskelley was guilty, and thought it was going to be a simple plea bargain.

http://www.downonthefarm.org/wm3hoax...ic,4675.msg412 43.html#msg41243

So what was it that changed Stidham's mind? Well, here's the description of "False confession expert" Dr. Richard Ofshe's meeting with his client (from Stidham's ownwebsite).

http://www.stidhamlawfirm.com/grisham.html

Quote:

The Misskelley trial was scheduled for the first of the year, 1994. On a cold December day, Dan met Ofshe face to face in Paragould. He looked like a professor--bushy gray hair, bushy gray beard. But his voice was soft and soothing. They drove together through the delta to the jail where Misskelley was housed. Dan introduced them and left them alone.

Nervously, he waited. And waited. And waited some more. After four hours, Ofshe emerged from the interview. They got in the car for the drive back to Paragould. Dan held himself in as long as he could, but a couple of blocks from the jail he blurted it out: "Well?"

Ofshe smiled at him. "He's innocent," he said.

Just who is this "false confession expert"? What does he do? Well, here's what he did in the case of the State of Washington vs Paul Ingram.

From Ofshe's testimony at Misskelly's trial:

http://www.callahan.8k.com/wm3/ofshe.html

Quote:

MR. DAVIS: Did he (Paul Ingram) enter a plea of guilty to charges of rape or sexual abuse?

Dr Ofshe: He entered -- yes -- he entered a plea to six counts of third degree rape.

MR. DAVIS: Did he maintain his guilt for a period of five months prior to entering that plea of guilty?

Dr Ofshe: Oh, yes.

MR. DAVIS: Okay, and isn't it true, Doctor, that he did not decide that he was not guilty until he talked with you?

Dr Ofshe: After he talked---

MR. DAVIS: Your Honor, could he be asked to respond yes or no?

THE COURT: Yes or no and then---

Dr Ofshe: Yes, that's technically correct. However, the discussion that I had with him which was tape recorded was not a discussion that precipitated his changing his mind.

No, of course not.... it was just a coincidence. Now, let's see how his taped meeting with Nathan Brinkle went...

http://www.reid.com/educational_info...nbrinkley.html

Quote:

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE SIXTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA IN AND FOR PINELLAS COUNTY CRIMINAL DIVISION STATE OF FLORIDA

CASE NO.: CRC99-18956CFANO
    DIVISION: M

NATHAN BRINKLE
    SPN: 01659274; Defendant.

ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO SUPPRESS #3, MOTION TO SUPPRESS #4, AND AMENDED MOTION TO SUPPRESS #4 (HEARD FEBRUARY 14, 2002, APRIL 18,2002, AND MAY 10, 2002)

After carefully listening to his testimony offered at the May 10, 2002 hearing, the court specifically declines to adopt any of the expert testimony offered by Dr. Ofshe. As explained below, the court found his testimony to lack credibility.

In sum, the motivators Dr. Ofshe cited, which were allegedly used by the detectives to elicit the confession in this case, were clearly rejected by the defendant in his interview at the Pinellas County Jail. Additionally, Dr. Ofshe's explanations as to why he traveled across country to interview the defendant at the Pinellas County Jail, given his firm belief that the transcript is the best indicator of what occurred at the interview, or why it was that he promised the defendant a return visit when he had no intentions of returning, were disingenuous, and frankly, confusing.

It is clear to the court, after reading the transcript of the interview conducted at the Pinellas County Jail, that Dr. Ofshe did, in fact, ask the defendant numerous leading questions, and that he did indeed suggest to the defendant that he was bated, coerced, and improperly motivated during the interview (e.g., page 26, line 15: Dr Ofshe: "You have to understand that they're playing a game with you." ). During the interview, Dr. Ofshe repeatedly suggested and even told the defendant that he was manipulated and coerced, after which the defendant then stated:

"Okay. Now I'm catching on to what's going on here.... For hours I was kind of lost before. I know she [defense counsel] told me what you was coming to really do, but, you know, until you get into it, until I get into it, you know, it really then- it's really not dawned on me."

So, Ofshe is trying to coax this guy into changing his plea and saying he was coerced into a false confession--and the guy doesn't even realize it for hours.

THAT's what Ofshe does. That's exactly what he did in this case. And, that's why the "false confession" defense failed so miserably.

THE COMMERCIAL APPEAL

WHERE'S MY CLIENT, LAWYER ASKS
    SAYS HE CAN'T CONTACT YOUNG SLAYING SUSPECT

Date: Monday, June 7, 1993
    Section: Metro
    Page: B1
    Illustration: photo (2)
    Source: By Bartholomew Sullivan and Marc Perrusquia

The Commercial Appeal

Dateline:

Memo: Different version, Final B1
    Edition: Tennessee

An attorney for one of the defendants in the West Memphis child murder case said Sunday he has not been able to contact his client or determine his whereabouts.
    Paul N. Ford of Jonesboro, representing Charles Jason Baldwin, 16, said authorities told him his client would be held in the Craighead County Jail in Jonesboro over the weekend but that he was not there.

"I intend to find out where he is and why he can't be visited by his lawyer or his own parents," Ford said. He has not talked to Baldwin since Friday. Crittenden County Jail officials would not confirm the whereabouts of any of the defendants. Ford added that he has read the statement of a co-defendant in the case, Jessie Misskelley Jr., and "my reading of that statement is that it's either fabricated or the answers that he gave were suggested by the police."

Also Sunday, the mother of Michael Wayne Echols, also charged with the murders, said talk of satanism is hurting her son's right to a fair trial.
    Pamela Hutchison took issue Sunday with press and television reports that she said portrayed her son as involved in devil worship. People who know Echols have said he claimed to worship the devil and that he carried around a cat's skull and called himself Damien, as in the popular Omen movies. But Hutchison said her son took the name from a book about Father Damien, a Belgian Missionary priest who worked with lepers on Molokai in the Hawaiian Islands in the 19th Century.

Echols was not involved in satanism, Hutchison said. She said she believes her son is innocent. Echols, 18, Baldwin, 16, and Misskelley, 17, were charged with capital murder on Friday in the May 5 killings of the three 8-year-olds. They were being held without bond in undisclosed locations over the weekend. They were scheduled to appear in Crittenden County Circuit Court this morning to enter pleas to the charges, although deputy prosecutor John Fogleman said Sunday that lawyers may handle the pleas without their clients present. The court also is expected to appoint permanent legal counsel.

Police have so far remained silent about a motive in the case. The three children were found beaten to death in a wooded area behind an Interstate 40 truck wash with their hands and feet bound. The case's notoriety apparently prompted a trailer park landlord to evict Echols' 16-year-old girlfriend from her $175-a-month trailer home.

The girl's mother, Dian Teer, called The Commercial Appeal to report the eviction from the trailer home that she said her daughter sometimes shared with Echols. She also said neighbors had been calling for their removal from the park. Teer, 43, said she plans to fight the eviction. Teer said Saturday that Echols, 18, often stayed overnight in the trailer with her pregnant 16-year-old daughter. Teer also has said there is nothing to the satanism rumors, saying Echols is misunderstood.

Also Sunday, the chief juvenile officer for Crittenden County, Jerry Driver, said he started seeing a marked increase in satanic-related graffiti and reports of animal sacrifice about a year ago. Driver said he's visited at least five sites in the county where he's found graffiti and animal carcasses. One location east of Marion, known to locals as "Stonehenge," after the ancient Druidic monoliths near Cambridge in England, on Sunday contained the remains of a dead gray cat with tan feet and a plastic bag containing a part of a rattlesnake.

The abandoned concrete cotton gin is covered with spray-painted graffiti, including backward swastikas, pentagrams, tridents and references to Lucifer. Besides broken bottles and spent shotgun shells, Stonehenge contained charred logs and several unopened condom packages. "Kids get involved in this as a joke," Driver said. "Ninety percent of them are in it for the so-called thrill. There's a small group that's in it seriously." Drug and alcohol use and sex often are common at the sites, Driver said, and serve as a magnet for kids out for a good time. For many, it's a fad, he said, "but a dangerous one." Driver could not provide an estimate of the number of young people in Crittenden County involved in such activities, but said the great majority are probably on the fringes and not seriously involved in satanism.

Local teens often travel to the site at night to socialize and marvel at its legend and chilling atmosphere. "Sometimes people think it's funny trying to scare other people," said Kim Floresca, 15, who just completed 10th grade at Marion High School. "It's supposed to be a place where cults go out, and they're supposed to sacrifice virgins and animals and stuff." Floresca said she once went to the Stonehenge site about two years ago with a group of teens who included Jessie Misskelley. The night was just a typical night, she said, and Misskelley did nothing out of the ordinary. Floresca said she never heard of the other two suspects visiting the site.

Floresca said Misskelley told her and other students the day before he was arrested that he participated in the killings. A group of students were driving last Wednesday after school to a friend's house to go swimming when Misskelley began telling his bizarre tale, she said. "He was saying he hit the little boy and the little boy ran off and he was taking him back to where Damien and the other boy were," she said. According to Misskelley's story, Echols had already killed the two other boys, she said. Floresca said she didn't believe Misskelley at the time.

Jim Maguire, a Chattanooga clinical therapist and former Massachusetts police officer who consults with police about satanism, said anyone in the habit of ritualistic cat killing is more than just dabbling in the occult. If it is established that satanistic behavior was a motive for deaths of the three West Memphis second-graders, Maguire said those involved would have worked their way up to killing children with earlier animal sacrifices.

You see, here is my biggest issue with this whole situation.

I've been asked by friends "If you was in the same situation, would you take an Alford plea?"

You know, I probably would. However, if I had the DNA evidence I claimed to have had before I was released which could allegedly clear my name and my record, you can bet your sweet ass that I would have turned it over and would be fighting tooth and nail to make sure my name was cleared. I wouldn't put out some bullshit award for the arrest and conviction of other persons, especially when the State of Arkansas has made it perfectly clear that they have a guilty plea and will not actively seek any other offenders.

The fact of the matter is that the WM3 lawyers claimed to have DNA evidence to clear the three. They had a court date set to provide their evidence. However, just three months before the court date, they approach the state of Arkansas with an Alford plea. The state of Arkansas DID NOT approach them with the plea.

So, lets use just a little common sense here (Not trying to belittle anyone), you're telling me that you have evidence to prove your innocence, yet three months before your court date, you are willing to plead guilty and live with that record for the rest of your lift? I'm sorry, but the bullshit alarms are going off like crazy on this one.

lisalouver Guest
    I volunteer for The Innocence Project here in MN. As a lot of other things have taken up my time, I havent done as much with them as I used to. Each year, they have a benefit to raise money to keep helping prisoners whom are trying to be exonerated. I usually go to these. This years conference/benefit Damian Echols is the guest speaker. It is October 11. I am still undecided if I am going.

luckyinlove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I volunteer for The Innocence Project here in MN. As a lot of other things have taken up my time, I havent done as much with them as I used to. Each year, they have a benefit to raise money to keep helping prisoners whom are trying to be exonerated. I usually go to these. This years conference/benefit Damian Echols is the guest speaker. It is October 11. I am still undecided if I am going.
    You absolutely gotta go! Even though it will be a giant masturbatory exercise for Damien, I'd be nice to hear from someone on this board what he is like in person and what kind of vibes you get from him. If you're lucky you might be able to get one of his stupid signature tattoos!

luckyinlove Guest
    PS: SRVfan, i think i love you! There is soooo much misinformation about the WM3 and Callhan's is FABULOUS. I was leaning toward supporter back in the day until I found Callahan's and after reading it, I am 100% on the side of believing they are guilty as sin.

I like taking what I've learned from the Callahan site, and then watch Paradise Lost, and laugh at the people in that movie that say "We don't know where any of this stuff came from. They just made it up so they could throw these boys in prison." Well, it is ALL in their case files, especially you Mommy Echols who said she didn't know where the devil worship stuff came from, despite having her on record in Damian's files saying she believed he was such.

You see, here is my biggest issue with this whole situation.

I've been asked by friends "If you was in the same situation, would you take an Alford plea?"

You know, I probably would. However, if I had the DNA evidence I claimed to have had before I was released which could allegedly clear my name and my record, you can bet your sweet ass that I would have turned it over and would be fighting tooth and nail to make sure my name was cleared. I wouldn't put out some bullshit award for the arrest and conviction of other persons, especially when the State of Arkansas has made it perfectly clear that they have a guilty plea and will not actively seek any other offenders.

The fact of the matter is that the WM3 lawyers claimed to have DNA evidence to clear the three. They had a court date set to provide their evidence. However, just three months before the court date, they approach the state of Arkansas with an Alford plea. The state of Arkansas DID NOT approach them with the plea.

So, lets use just a little common sense here (Not trying to belittle anyone), you're telling me that you have evidence to prove your innocence, yet three months before your court date, you are willing to plead guilty and live with that record for the rest of your lift? I'm sorry, but the bullshit alarms are going off like crazy on this one.
    Yep

And it's a year later and they still haven't provided the "evidence"
    Because there isn't any

But, but, but, where did the devil worship stuff come from? The documentaries said that wasn't true!

Keep digging, and you will keep finding stuff. The Callahan website and the Blink on Crime articles are your friends.

I just wish the State of Arkansas would have made them provide their DNA evidence they claim to have, you know, the same evidence they have yet to present to prove their innocence since they were set free?

The truth is out there, you just have to be willing to be receptive to it. I say it like that because at one time I was a WM3 supporter until I found the Callahan website with all of the evidence. The best part about that site is they offer no opinions, they just provide the evidence.
    OMG I found something that we both agree on, I feel that the court should say okay enough we want the evidence to prove that you are innocent, I am not sure where the devil worship came from, he may have thought that was what white witchcraft was. He may have been caught up in the power thing of Satanism. And said yes I am a satanist oh wait I am wicca now as it's cool to be one. Who knows, I'll keep thinking they are innocent until they have 100 percent proof that they aren't then I'll say hey I am sorry for supporting them. No I didn't send money but I signed a lot of petitions.

IT may take me some time but I will sit and read through it all, I do admit I haven't read it all, and I just may come back and shock you, as I am wondering too if they have evidence to prove they are innocent, why aren't they showing it, it would be the first thing I would do.

I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is that they didn't have the advanced CSI type testing we have today. You will see the word 'similar' a lot in the testing. I do find it ironic that EVERY fiber that was found at the crime scene had a 'similar' fiber found in each of the WM3's houses.

DonnaMc Guest
    SRV - We will NEVER agree with each other on this situatuion, But keep writing, it is interesting and makes you think. I will and always will think Jason and Miskelley are innocent! Not sure about Damien.

FooFoo Shnickens Guest
    I do not know more than the highlights of this case, so certainly not enough to say whether I truly believe or "know" they are innocent or guilty. I do know that teenagers are crazy (I was one), and one can certainly think dark thoughts (or even voice them aloud) without being a killer. I don't know all the details of Mr. Echols' life, but insecurity (which runs rampant at that age) comes out as rage in some people. He was most likely trying to intimidate people of authority because he felt weak. That being said - he still scares me to death. So no matter how much I look into this, I doubt I will ever be able to believe one way or another on this guy. My gut (which is sometimes right) really does feel the other two are innocent. I am sure the truth of this matter is stranger than whatever theories anyone has come up with thus far. Just my two cents.

(But y'all sure do impress me with your in-depth research!!)
    Last edited by FooFoo Shnickens; 09-13-2012 at 01:41 PM.

harlequin_clown Guest
    I'm so over Damien. Innocent or not, his new found "fame" has made him one of the most arrogant "LOOK AT ME!" asscracks on the planet. I am even placing myself a bet on how long his "marriage" lasts. Now that he's tasted freedom, being a "celebrity", and chicks fawning all over him, methinks he'll give her the "It's not you, it's me" shit.

I'm over it.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    You absolutely gotta go! Even though it will be a giant masturbatory exercise for Damien, I'd be nice to hear from someone on this board what he is like in person and what kind of vibes you get from him. If you're lucky you might be able to get one of his stupid signature tattoos!

Well, when you put it that way.....

One other piece of information I just thought of (I'm looking for the evidence on this to show proof). When questioned, Damian was asked what he would do if he committed the crime. One of his answers was that he would piss down their throats. This was BEFORE any autopsies were done. One of the boys had a stomach full of urine when they did his autopsy.

Quote Originally Posted by harlequin_clown View Post
    I'm so over Damien. Innocent or not, his new found "fame" has made him one of the most arrogant "LOOK AT ME!" asscracks on the planet. I am even placing myself a bet on how long his "marriage" lasts. Now that he's tasted freedom, being a "celebrity", and chicks fawning all over him, methinks he'll give her the "It's not you, it's me" shit.

I'm over it.
    I wonder if his wife ever really thought he would get out....
    I am surprised she is still with him but then what do we really know about her besides her hideous taste in men?

Mammy Guest
    I wonder if Damien has much of a relationship with his son?

luckyinlove Guest
    i agree- i figure Lorri never thought Damien would get let out and just used her relationship with him for fame-whoring purposes. Also, Lorri is a fair space older than Damien and, though she is generally a good looking woman, she is not 20 anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if Damien ditched or or if she got freaked out by what a nut he is and left him. Of course, SHE too must have some serious mental health issues to marry someone on death row...

luckyinlove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I wonder if Damien has much of a relationship with his son?
    From what little i've read in interviews it sounds like they have very limited contact. I believe Domini raised the boy...who must be what? 19 by now?

Mammy Guest
    Yeah, 19 sounds about right. His son is an adult now and can choose for himself whether he wants a relationship with his dad if he had limited contact with him while the boy was growing up.

I support Jessie and Jason...