Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marie Prevost

dr2red Guest

Marie Prevost

From Wiki
    At the age of 38, secluded and hiding away from the world, living alone in an apartment house, Marie Prevost died from a combination of alcoholism and her self-imposed malnutrition. Her body was not discovered for days, and the police report stated that her pet dachshund (named John Kelly for unknown reasons) "had chewed up her arms and legs in a futile attempt to awaken her

Nick Lowe wrote his classic song about her death.
    http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/so...eprovost.shtml

More here
    http://www.francesfarmersrevenge.com...rieprevost.htm

Lisamarie Guest
    Im so glad you posted something about her! What a sad story!!! I remeber seeing a pic of her dead and police are standing around the bed and her little odg is sitting next to her buttox that has been munched on! I have never been able to find it anyplace ...anyone know were it is ?? Iv been looking everywhere

ST Moron Guest
    I'm happy to see that Marie Prevost may be gone...but she isn't forgotten.

I saw her on Sunday (and again on Tuesday) in Ladies of Leisure. I know she was fat, but boy, was she sexy.

I looked her up and was shocked that she died so young. And saddened that she died in such miserable circumstances. She deserved better.

I love that fat girl.

SueWahoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Im so glad you posted something about her! What a sad story!!! I remeber seeing a pic of her dead and police are standing around the bed and her little odg is sitting next to her buttox that has been munched on! I have never been able to find it anyplace ...anyone know were it is ?? Iv been looking everywhere
    I looked up Marie on wiki and it said that the picture was published in that Kenneth Anger book, Hollywood Babylon.

Sue

RoRo Guest
    sad sad story

Omerta Guest
    Marie Prevost on the tip of Whale Island in 1916

Marie Prevost

Marie Prevost

Last edited by Omerta; 12-31-2009 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Correct Image display

Omerta Guest

Omerta Guest

Omerta Guest

Guest Guest
    I thought Marie was at her cutest in the cult silent film 'DeMilles Godless Girl' (starring Lina Basquette). She dies in this film, there is a stampede/riot.
    One of the best silents ever made. Worth a watch

Omerta Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    I thought Marie was at her cutest in the cult silent film 'DeMilles Godless Girl' (starring Lina Basquette). She dies in this film, there is a stampede/riot.
    One of the best silents ever made. Worth a watch
    Thanks for the recommendation, looking forward to seeing it!

Omerta Guest
    Life imitates art ~ interesting article:

Detroit News, March 23, 1931. The Godless Girl was a 1929 silent film by Cecil B. De Mille, about a rebellious girl atheist standing up to corrupt authority in a youth reformatory. (She prevails but ultimately comes to Jesus.) But Sally (aka Dorcas) here seems to have been a fan.

Hilde_Blue Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post
    I'm happy to see that Marie Prevost may be gone...but she isn't forgotten.

I saw her on Sunday (and again on Tuesday) in Ladies of Leisure. I know she was fat, but boy, was she sexy.

I looked her up and was shocked that she died so young. And saddened that she died in such miserable circumstances. She deserved better.

I love that fat girl.
    SHE WAS NOT FAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Saw it last night on TCM. She walks out of prison with the hero, the heroine, and the hero's friend, bound for a new life.

Lisamarie Guest

Marie Prevost, Poor thing.

Marie Prevost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Prevost - CachedSimilar
    Marie Prevost (November 8, 1898 â?? January 21, 1937) was a Canadian-born actress of the early days of cinema. During her twenty year career, she made 121 ...
    Early life - Career rise - Decline - Death

I have the hollywood book with her death pic, I rember seing the gorey death pic with dog still sitting on her on one of those death videos I saw in early 90s....anyone know whwre to find it ?? The dig is just sitting on her and of course had tried to survive by ..well ya kno..pretty gorey ..

aedgar5000 Guest
    Whoa. How much did the dog eat?

Lisamarie Guest
    well it pretty funny picture really cause if you have dogs you can totally understand ..Its a picture of her laying facedown and the dog is a wenie dog and he had eaten from her rectum basically ...I do think he had tried to wake her also by nipping at her arms and legs but from the phtograph I saw he had to do what he had to do...and poor dogs dont understand . I cleary rember this photo..nOW IN Hollywood babolon they have her covered up already. the one I saw she in uncovered and you can see where the dog had started to nibble and he is sitting protectivly on her rear end basically looking at the camera

Lisamarie Guest
    her apartment building still stands ....LA death hag Im looking at you!!!!

Lisamarie Guest

You just have to hand it to that girl Marie Prevost. She has taken pounds and pounds off and yesterday she refused a job because she didnâ??t think she was thin enough. She has made a vow that she wonâ??t make a picture until she has lost another five pounds.

aedgar5000 Guest
    Yeesh. I've had dogs so I'm pretty sure I follow. Poor dog. Still wanted to protect her even after death.

aedgar5000 Guest
    her apartment building still stands ....LA death hag Im looking at you!!!!
    LA death hag is going to be busy if we ever find him/her.

Lisamarie Guest
    Trapped in the home without food or water, the dog ended up by eating her, little by little. Instead of being remembered as one of the brightest stars in the early days of Hollywood, Marie Prevost is usually remembered, when she is remembered at all, because of her tragic death and gruesome end.

Lisamarie Guest
    <LI id=yui_3_3_0_1_1312554299898213>A Death in the Afternoon – Sad Fade Out on Afton Place ...

Paradise Leased ... Marie Prevost’s fortunes continued to spiral downward until Wednesday ...
    paradiseleased.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/​a-death-in-the... - Cached

aedgar5000 Guest
    So in an earlier post when you said the dog was standing protectively on her, was he protecting the loving owner or the tasty meal?

BTW, she was quite beautiful.

Lisamarie Guest
    Early that morning, Prevost ordered a bottle of gin and soda water delivered to her apartment from the local liquor store. That afternoon, her houseboy arrived to do his weekly cleaning and found the actress lying face down on her bed, the empty gin bottle on the nightstand. Assuming she was simply passed out from the gin, the houseboy finished his work and departed. It was three more days before anyone returned to the apartment. This time it was the apartment manager who entered using a passkey after Prevost’s neighbors reported the frantic barking of her pet dachshund, Maxie. It was found that Marie had died sometime after the houseboy had left on Wednesday.

Lisamarie Guest
    Its funny because some sites are really angery about the whole the dog ate her thing...and say the dog was only trying to wake her up...But I saw the death photo!! Its bad ...so Im going with the dog went into doggy survival mode..I cannot for the life of me find this friggin picture! But I am 100% sure I saw this picture..this is why I looked her up in the first placde..it was like a holywood bablyon type documentry..It also had the thelma Todd autopst pic where she is sowned up and most her makeup is washed off..its a ruff picture as well...

aedgar5000 Guest
    Its funny because some sites are really angery about the whole the dog ate her thing...and say the dog was only trying to wake her up
    Like it's so hard to believe or accept that the poor thing just went into survival mode. Meat is meat. I would want to give the little guy a hug...after an exceptionally long bath.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by aedgar5000 View Post
    Like it's so hard to believe or accept that the poor thing just went into survival mode. Meat is meat. I would want to give the little guy a hug...after an exceptionally long bath.
    And maybe a good doggie toothbrushing?

aedgar5000 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    And maybe a good doggie toothbrushing?
    Now we're thinking!

this location is on the Dearly Departed Tour - and if you check FINDADEATH (hello) you will see the picture in question. http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/p...st/prevost.htm

you will also find the Thelma Todd picture in question here

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/t...helma_todd.htm
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

aedgar5000 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    this location is on the Dearly Departed Tour - and if you check FINDADEATH (hello) you will see the picture in question. http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/p...st/prevost.htm

you will also find the Thelma Todd picture in question here

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/t...helma_todd.htm
    Thanks, Scott!

Lisamarie Guest
    Still not the Marie pic Im looking for..but the one I have seent thank you Scott( Who I hope to meet and touch the hem of your garmet one day) The Marie pic Im looking for has the dog sitting on her eh hem..rear end..with the damage and survial mode pretty obviouse. Its pretty disgusting for a non death hag...But for us its pretty effin cool!

Lisamarie Guest
    Can anyone read the autopsy report??

aedgar5000 Guest
    Can anyone read the autopsy report??
    Check this out. Might have to sign up to see the pic full size

forum.goregrish.com/threads/before-after-thread.13105/page-2

Lisamarie Guest
    aaaah!!!! Holy Shit thats it!!! I cant make an account can anyone else please!!! And if so there ya go!!!!!! The nasty of nasties!!!!!!! Lots of great info too!!! Great find aedgar5000!!!! Thank you I knew there was one with the dog and there it is!!! Now once again may I point out who could be mad at the poor baby!!! He was just surviving!!! Thank you!!!!!

aedgar5000 Guest
    You're welcome. I found it by accident looking for the autopsy report.

Lisamarie Guest
    Its killin me I cant opne that freakin page!!! I cant make an orgish account at work dammit!!! Can anyone else!!! Thank you once again aedgar5000!! You made my day!!!

Lisamarie Guest
    whos autopsy??

aedgar5000 Guest
    Marie's report

Lisamarie Guest
    Marie Prevost
    (November 8, 1898 – January 21, 1937) was a Canadian-born actress of the early days of cinema. During her twenty year career, she made 121 silent and talking pictures. On January 21, 1937, at the age of 38, Prevost died from heart failure brought on by acute alcoholism and malnutrition. Her body was not discovered until January 23, after neighbors complained about her dog's incessant barking. A bellboy, who ignored the note Prevost posted on the door asking that no one knock on the door more than once, finally forced the door open. Prevost was found lying face down on her bed, her legs marked with tiny bites. Prevost's pet dachshund, Maxie, had nipped at her legs in an attempt to wake her up.

Thats the pic!! Cant tell if the dog is there or not!!! But its a nasty one!@

Lisamarie Guest
    I see her death certiface..I am looking for that as well...lol! Thank you my friend!!

aedgar5000 Guest
    Yep

As I am an unrequited Nick Lowe fan (and you all should be, too!), I know no thread about Marie Prevost would be complete without this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWunemmwJHM

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

I think next to Mary Pickford she was one of the
    first actress in early Hollywood who was also born
    in Canada.

But who sadly died at a young age.

PS. I will never have any pets.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Lisamarie Guest
    Lol my dog would eat me !

aedgar5000 Guest
    My brother's dog likes to stare at me. I used to think he just liked me, but now I think he is waiting for me to die

Lisamarie Guest
    can anyone get the pic via orgish.com?

aedgar5000 Guest
    Check your messages

IMO, that pic doesn't look like the dog was snacking on her. I don't see any bites or chunks missing. It looks like normal decomp/leakage which would make sense since she was lying on a bed in room for three days.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Lisamarie Guest
    I think it just shows where the dog had tried to wake her up maybe by knawing on her or scratching on her...there is another photo someplace with the dog sitting on her rear end...it speaks for itself I think. Just sad she died alone.