Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alicia Silverstone feeds son by spitting food into his mouth

Alicia Silverstone feeds son by spitting food into his mouth

She has been watching too many penguin specials on Nat Geo.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

luckyinlove Guest
    that poor kid. he has a stupid name, too.

Forever-27 Guest
    Don't have any idea who alicia silverstone is but wow .... someone wasn't thinking

TheMysterian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Don't have any idea who alicia silverstone is but wow .... someone wasn't thinking

Forever, are you really "clueless" about Alicia Silverstone?

Forever-27 Guest
    Yea I guess so, I don't watch tv or go to movies

DonnaMc Guest
    Gag me with that spoon she's using!

This was a sketch on SNL back when it was good... and it was SO damned funny. Guy brings a girl home to dinner and he's got this great happy family and they sit down to eat and... yeah...
    I always laugh when the cast screws up and laughs, and I absolutely lost it when they did it here, God what a classic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

radiojane Guest
    The local talk radio guy does a "Heroes and Zeros" segment at 8:55 each morning. Silverstone was today's zero. (granted, Will Ferrel was today's hero for announcing Anchorman two, so take the source of the opinion with a grain of salt).

I get so grossed out when my nephew shoves his pacifier in my mouth and then puts it back. I can't imagine bird feeding kids.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Yea I guess so, I don't watch tv or go to movies

You may be a Mennonite.

Alicia Silverstone is that girl who was in a couple of Aerosmith videos some years ago. The blonde who jumps off of the bridge at the end of "Crying".

MetalHeadBettie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    that poor kid. he has a stupid name, too.
    I agree that is totally twisted and sick. Like she's making out with her infant. But I actually like the name Bear a lot! It's even my nickname for my boyfriend. It's probably just a Native American thing haha!

Celebrities have WAY too much time on their hands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

radiojane Guest
    You know Miyam Bialyk has taken so much hell for her stance on attachment parenting (which she should - besides smothering babies, sleeping with your children just guarantees a whole bunch of damage down the line), but at least she has an education. She actually studied what she's talking about. What the hell does Alicia Silverstone know and why does she think she's important enough to be a parental role model? Dear god.

MinLynn Guest
    However, who are any of us to judge how a mother parents their child as long as they are not being abused and are happy and healthy? I have a 9 year old who still will crawl into our bed and sleep with us and it's no big deal. If you'd been through all the scary medical ordeals he has been through then you'd probably enjoy cuddling with those you feel safe with, too. He's been called a mama's boy and worse for his affection towards me (he still enjoys holding my hand in public, he will still hug and kiss me in front of his friends and gladly proclaim to the world just how much he loves me) but he's happy and healthy and sweet and that's all that matters in this f-ed up world we live in. Would I bird-feed my children? If I had to. Do I think she's weird of gross for doing so? Nope. She's a mother and doing what she feels she needs to do in order to be a good mother.

MetalHeadBettie Guest
    Min, I understand where you're coming from, I do. But I think that kind of closeness between mother and son is inappropriate. I mean, if your son's tongue is ever going to be in your mouth, you better be...Actually I don't think your child's tongue ever needs to be in your mouth haha. That sentence just sounds wrong.

Mammy Guest
    Feeding your baby like that is so nasty that I actually gagged just thinking about it. There is an amazing invention called a food processor that accomplishes the same thing without the gross out factor. Alicia must have been a buzzard in her former life.

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Alicia must have been a buzzard in her former life.
    That killed me! A box of chocolate for Mammy!

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MinLynn View Post
    However, who are any of us to judge how a mother parents their child as long as they are not being abused and are happy and healthy? I have a 9 year old who still will crawl into our bed and sleep with us and it's no big deal. If you'd been through all the scary medical ordeals he has been through then you'd probably enjoy cuddling with those you feel safe with, too. He's been called a mama's boy and worse for his affection towards me (he still enjoys holding my hand in public, he will still hug and kiss me in front of his friends and gladly proclaim to the world just how much he loves me) but he's happy and healthy and sweet and that's all that matters in this f-ed up world we live in. Would I bird-feed my children? If I had to. Do I think she's weird of gross for doing so? Nope. She's a mother and doing what she feels she needs to do in order to be a good mother.
    More power to you!

I'm sure the grossly abused kids we read about on this board would love to have this kind of attention.

Mammy Guest
    Thanks! Please make sure it is the chocolates with caramel and not those shitty tasting ones with the fruit center that fools you until you bite into one!

radiojane Guest
    I suppose it's very easy to judge when you have no experience. I'm not a parent, so I really probably should just shut the hell up. But spitting food back into a kid's mouth? That just seems like an excellent way to make everyone sick.

Mammy Guest
    You may not have your own children, but you know you wouldn't be spitting your chewed up food into Aiden and Xander's mouthes. That is just beyond disgusting. There are so many people who are germ phobes and freak out over every little thing their child comes in contact with. I'd love to see their reaction to someone spitting food into their child's mouth. She should have kept that to herself. We need a thread here to discuss some of the weird things celebrities do as their form of parenting.
    Last edited by Mammy; 03-29-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Scoopslam Guest
    Ahh the girl from "The Crush". I see this as nothing more than a Mother bonding with her Son. Different, sure, but its better than having her scream/yell at the child or leaving him in a hot vehicle with the windows rolled up. Maybe its the only way the child would start to eat, maybe she is just having fun. Nobody knows but she is her "little man" & she has every right to feed her child that way, I see babies eat worse things....lol

Nelliebean Guest
    Makes me wonder what she'd do for his constipation.

Ewwww.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Anybody know why she is doing that?

(I finally looked - I had to)

MetalHeadBettie Guest
    I couldn't tell you why she is doing that. I don't see the benefit of it at all, not mentally, physically, or anything. Our mouths are dirty, and if your baby can't chew his own food, like Mammy said--there are food processors and baby food that already comes mashed up!

Town Without Pity Guest
    First I thought, what has she been up to...I hadn't seen her inawhile...then I saw it on the news and I thought I know what she's been doing.....Losing her mind....I've never seen a mother do this before......the child should be eatting by himself.....notice I didn't say baby......child.....and what does the father think..........wacky loon. Yes, Movie coming soon.....Clueless Loon.

slingshot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Anybody know why she is doing that?

(I finally looked - I had to)
    This really isnt a new thing, its been around for a long time. Not a popular topic of conversation though, lol. Some "experts" and "researchers" claim its healthy. Here's an article that goes into it a little bit....

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture...wing-baby-food

Indeed, premastication is considered a fairly nutritious way of feeding young children, many researchers say, providing iron, increased immunity and improved digestion for infants. In a 2010 issue of the journal Maternal & Child Nutrition, for instance, authors Gretel H. Pelto, Yuanyuan Zhang, and Jean-Pierre Habicht argue that premastication plays a crucial role in infant health, and that its relatively recent abandonment, particularly in poor societies, is a significant threat to infant nutrition.
    And here I thought she got this advice from the same people who told Rick Santorum its a good idea to sleep with his deceased child (in 1996) then take it home to meet the family......

Pooh-Bear Guest
    I think this is totally NUTS!!! And maybe there are experts out there that think it's healthy and bonding but I believe there are medical risks involved, and there are better ways to bond. Color me what ever! I think breast feeding is a good thing. God put those ta-tas there for a reason, and I doubt he had attracting the opposite sex in mind.

I also for the most part have no problem with mothers bonding/feeding in public as long as it is done, shall we say....properly. I have seen moms doing this and I often had to look twice to really get it. That's cool...but to let it all hang out to feed your child I think sends another message. So I have to ponder the following:

Would Alicia do this in a public place...say a restaurant or plane or in between takes? I hope not. So if she is doing this at home than it's a private matter....so I question the video and the release of it. The first thing I thought was...publicity stunt. Gee, if I can't get my face out there in a hot (A) list film, I can call attention to myself and kill two, or in this case three birds with one stone and re-capitalize on my Clueless fame.....

For all we know she has already completed the rough draft for the sequel and if she has yet to come up with a working title I have one...."Still Clueless After All These Years"....rock and roll!!!

To Mammy....good one, and on that note I have to wonder about those who attack people with chain-saws and axes....could they have been trees in another life?

Rosebud666 Guest
    Yeah, but she was in those friggin Aerosmith videos! Surely that must count for something in this world?

Pooh-Bear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Yeah, but she was in those friggin Aerosmith videos! Surely that must count for something in this world?
    NO!!

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh-Bear View Post
    NO!!
    Yeah, she was pretty hot in that video for Crazy, but frankly, no amount of hotness could make me want to have her spit pre-masticated food into my mouth.

So her kid's name is Bear? I don't think she is much of a mama grizzly though. Bears don't do this in the wild, do they?

Pooh-Bear Guest
    Yeah, she was pretty hot in that video for Crazy, but frankly, no amount of hotness could make me want to have her spit pre-masticated food into my mouth.

So her kid's name is Bear? I don't think she is much of a mama grizzly though. Bears don't do this in the wild, do they?
    I would think that the food exchange practice would kill any romantic moment. Hay that's just me..

And as for birds do it, maybe bees do it....but lions and tigers and bears....oh my....doubtful. I understand that it might be common with the Eskimos but perhaps their pantries might not be well stocked with jars of baby food and food processors might be hard to use if electricity is in short supply.

slingshot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh-Bear View Post
    I would think that the food exchange practice would kill any romantic moment. Hay that's just me..

And as for birds do it, maybe bees do it....but lions and tigers and bears....oh my....doubtful. I understand that it might be common with the Eskimos but perhaps their pantries might not be well stocked with jars of baby food and food processors might be hard to use if electricity is in short supply.
    Did you see this part...???

Mayim Bialik doesn't believe in diapers. January Jones takes capsules made of her baby's placenta. And now we have Alicia Silverstone chewing up food and spitting the food into baby Bear's mouth,” noted USA Today/QUOTE]
    Doesnt believe in diapers?????

Rosebud666 Guest
    Gosh, and I thought it was gross when my daughter was born and they asked us if we wanted to have the placenta to take home with us.

I asked why we would want to do that, and the nurse said that some new mothers like to eat it, ideally prepared like liver and onions. Some kind of folk/alternative medicine thing.

I nearly threw up all over our new baby girl.

pwem Guest
    Throughout history mothers have done this to feed their children. Goodgrief do you think Roman peasants had food processors? I don't find there is anything disgusting or dirty about it.

Mammy Guest
    Roman peasants likely didn't have many options such as food processors and a neighborhood Kroger store with thousands of jars of reasonably priced baby food. It is different when there were no other choices. There are many things people used to do that isn't accepted practice now like letting their child sit unrestrained on the armrest of the car in the front seat between their parents, treating a child's ear infections by putting warm urine into their ears, and rubbing liquor on the gums of a teething baby. I personally don't care what Alicia does, but she had to have known some people would be grossed out by her feeding habits and think she is weird. Some things don't require publicity.

Pooh-Bear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post

Hello slingshot....and no I didn't catch that one. I couldn't open anything so the following link with bring you to Mayim Bialik.

http://bostonherald.com/track/inside...g_baby_theorys

I am sorry I don't care if she has a (Ph.D). I think she needs a shrink. Sounds to me like the girl couldn't get tickets on the next shuttle out so she is using her home as a spaceship. She doesn't use diapers? She taught the kids hand signals before they could talk to let them know they have to go pee-pee? Then they hold the kid over a bucket? Really???? That must make venturing into the outside world a problem. She wouldn't be visiting my mother's home anytime soon. By the way this is not the first time I have heard of this.....If I remember correctly that is the way the nanny for the Sedgwick trained their off-spring.

They only have one bed in the home for the four of them? Are they planning to have more? If so they are creating them where? Will they at least get a bigger bed. Will they allow the boy's to ever have a room of their own or will they carry this practice over into their teens. I hope I am still alive when that happens cause I want to read the book.

She is home schooling the boys in the nicely contained grounded flying saucer? I can see these children are learning wonderful people skills. Sure they will get along great with the outside world....Gee, I don't know maybe I am doing too much speed reading and I missed the positive parts.....HELP!!

Mammy Guest
    The only way I wouldn't believe in diapers is if I believed in some strategically placed duct tape. How do people get so fucking looney? Are diapers the enemy now?

Can't she afford a Baby Bullet?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I do not think Mama Grizzly would fee her kids this way...then again, did Sarah Palin did this to her own kids????? LOL!
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

wolfpackfanforlife23 Guest
    I was homeschooled, so I thought I had seen it all (homebirths, co-sleeping, and extended breastfeeding, among other things), but this is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. Everybody I knew either fed their child jarred baby food, or pureed their baby's food in a blender. They all fed their babies with a spoon. I don't have kids yet, but if I ever have them, I certainly don't plan on feeding them the way Alicia Silverstone is feeding her child! Gross...

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud666 View Post
    gosh, and i thought it was gross when my daughter was born and they asked us if we wanted to have the placenta to take home with us.

I asked why we would want to do that, and the nurse said that some new mothers like to eat it, ideally prepared like liver and onions. Some kind of folk/alternative medicine thing.

NOOOOOO!!!! Oh yuck!!!!!!!!!!!

rjbrasher Guest
    There gotta be some health risk about this, say she took medication, some of that stays on your tongue or hell in your system (aka saliva) and traces could be passed on. It's sick and lazy IMO. Got oodles of cash , take your ass down to the store and get a baby bullet, baby food in jars. or hell hire a nanny to prepare food. Then to be sitting god knows where be like ready for your fries now * huba hull* there ya, oh wait thats a tomato! UnFuckingbeliable.

And i bond with my kids, and they are not where i can say clingy but they love their mama. I never whip a tit to my 7 year old, threw up in my kids mouth or let me kids piss on pee pads/buckets..etc ( I know someone that did this type of potty training, her house would rank of pee and poo) Did I wear my kids in a sling, yes i did and still do for my 7 month old, I co sleep til they were 1ish, they sleep in their beds just fine. When one of all done feel good or scared, we are popping a tent in the livingroom, sleeping bags and lets have a fun slumber party! But ugh! each to their own i guess. As long she isn't licking assholes for constipation like animals do, i can turn my head the other way lol

philbert_wormly Guest
    Alicia Silverstone lives in Southern California and so I am thinking that the gal could go to the department store and buy a food processor with no troubles.

My dad grew up in utterly abject poverty during the Depression Era and he did not even have his mama feed him as though he were a baby bird.

The video of her doing this is just soo gross. Gosh. http://www.thekindlife.com/

radiojane Guest
    Sweetie we get that actress often equals whackadoo. But you know what honey bun? That's why you get a good, common sense nanny so your kids might have half a chance at normalcy later in life. Sure they resent your absence a little, but they'll shut up once you croak and leave them a bundle.

luvmypeanut Guest
    This is why God invented the Magic Bullet.....just sayin'

Pooh-Bear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    Sweetie we get that actress often equals whackadoo. But you know what honey bun? That's why you get a good, common sense nanny so your kids might have half a chance at normalcy later in life. Sure they resent your absence a little, but they'll shut up once you croak and leave them a bundle.
    Thank you...I'm still laughing!!

Rosebud666 Guest
    Gosh, and I thought it was gross when my daughter was born and they asked us if we wanted to have the placenta to take home with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    NOOOOOO!!!! Oh yuck!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah I made it through the delivery ok, but that nearly sent me to the floor!

Fortunately, the little bundle in my arms started meowing like a kitten right then and brought me back to my senses.

She'll be 19 in a few weeks, but when she talks, it still sounds the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    Makes me wonder what she'd do for his
    constipation.
    Ewwww.
    Eww!

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post

Eww x 2!

Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher
    Got oodles of cash , take your ass down to the store and get a baby bullet, baby food in jars. or hell hire a nanny to prepare food.

buddyhollylover Guest

OH.MY.FUCKING.GOD.......THATS IS *THE* GROSSEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD OF!!!!! I HAVE NO WORDS FOR THIS AND NOW FEEL SICK.