Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 2594

Thread: Trayvon Martin

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    No way! No wonder she didn't mind Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson hanging around for cash and media opportunities.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,694
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalHeadBettie View Post
    I'm glad someone posted about his case, I haven't seen a thread for it yet I don't think...I am just disgusted that Zimmerman hasn't been arrested yet. I signed the petition Trayvon's parents started to bring him to justice.
    The petition has over 2 million signatures now. I might have considered signing it but the whole language of the peteition is a big turnoff esp. the last line:
    Please join us in calling on Angela Corey, Florida's 4th District State's Attorney, to investigate my son's murder and prosecute George Zimmerman for the shooting and killing of Trayvon Martin.
    It doesnt request a proper investigation to determine actual events and whether or not Zimmerman is guilty of possible crimes. It demands he be prosecuted. The media representation of this subject has been slanted towards supposition of guilt and public discussion has been dominated by people who have already judged Zimmerman as guilty and ridicule any reasonable questions concerning the event, doubts of guilt or reservation of judgement. Its become a big hornets nest stirred up by sensationalist news stories, self serving special interest groups, and willing fools. Seems like the only honorable goal of the petition has already been achieved as the FBI and Dept of Justice are investigating the circumstances leading to the tragic death of Trayvon Martin.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Disgusting state of NJ
    Posts
    3,399
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...demarks-769123


    Trayvons mother looking to trademark his name.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6

    Trevon Death

    Its very tragic that Trevon was deprived of life at such a young age with a promising looking future. I believe that all of the national attention is a great way to honor Trevon but believe the racial bias claim is going too far.

    Yes, the shooter should have waited for police arrival and I know Trevon was unarmed but looking at the community and placing myself in shooters shoes, if I felt threat by what I see as a very tall man in hoodie then I wouldnt stick around and wait until Im the victim. On that same note there were alternate ways to deal with the situation.

    I was not there so am going strictly off info from media. Just voice my opinion that the race card is nonsense.
    Rest in Paradice Trevon Martin!!!

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,694
    We dont know the mothers motivation for the trademark registration filing. Im assuming she was contacted by the copyright lawyers mentioned and not vice versa. It doesnt sound to me like she is trying to profit since only digital materials are mentioned. Seems like clothing would be most profitable as they are popular media for sloganeering. Im not even sure of the monetary potential of registering a trademark; anyone care to enlighten me? I doubt the motion is a crass attempt at profiteering from a childs death by a coldly calculative mother.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    783
    Such a horrible case. That shirt jsut makes things worse. I agree with RaRa in saying, we must investigate this case ourselves, and not just rely on media.

    Now, to me this seems like a case of a man, who was trigger happy, who was into being the hero. He saw a kid, a black kid, in a hoodie, thinking this was some teen thug, and figured he had to be doing something wrong. So he confronts him. How did George get the bruises and head bleeding? Is there an autopsy report to see if Trayvon had any injuries. Ive heard hearsay but nothing confirming it. I would like to know if there was.

    Most parents teach their kids that if someone is following you, especially a adult male, you want to get a way as fast as you can. If George came up on him, being aggresive, whos to say Trayvon wasnt protecting himself. But the basics of the case are, without race involved...

    1. A man, doing his own Neighborhood Watch without registering with local Sherriffs calls 911 to report a suspicious person, and that 911 tech told him NOT to approach or follow suspect.

    2. He is not lawfully trained and took it upon himself to approach a child and blame him for causing problems. And then shot him.

    On Change.org, the family that did the petition says he was shot in the chest. I would not blame Trayvon if he was protecting himself from what he thought was a adult male messing with him. But we dont know forsure what happened. That is what sucks. But..George should NEVER been doing a neighborhood watch with a gun. He should have NEVER kept following and then approach Trayvon. If he had done either of those 2 things, we would not be talking about this now.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,441
    From what I've read, I think zimmerman should have stepped back in his apartment, let the police come....what did that boy have on him that he felt threatened....Skittles, tea and a cell phone....what is he Maygver. He'd been there several times, he knew who that kid was I would think. Either way, he should be arrested. And he should have never been the neighborhood watch captian. Bless Trayvon and his family. I can't get over, he put his hoodie on.....well that could be my son or grandson....alot of kids wear hoodies.....and Geroldo is a idiot.
    "A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin


  8. #208
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    448
    Just a few random thoughts about this case for what it's worth:

    I doubt that Trayvon's mom is getting a copyright to his name to make money but to prevent others from using his name and image in a negative way

    I got a lesson on minority views on law enforcement many years ago when I worked at a mental health agency. A young black male was brought in by two relatives for an emergency health evaluation. He had a history of mental illness and was clearly showing symptoms. His relatives had shadowed him all day to convince him to get help. When the interview was conducted, they expressed another concern, also. They followed him because they were afraid his out there behavior would attract police attention. If that happened, they wanted the police to see that they were there as witnesses so no mistreatment would go on. Fortunately, they got him to come in for help before anything like that happened.

    Their rationale about this would not have even occurred to me but, then I did not have their life experiences. This case has blown up because it strikes at a very real fear in black parents that their sons may be targeted in a similar manner. I recently heard a black man say that he could always tell when he drived over a city limit into a suburban area because a police car from the community would be directly behind him. He found humor in the situation but it is an unfortunate fact of life for some of our fellow citizens.

    I hope Trayvon's parents find the justice they are seeking. Right now, they are mad as hell and why not? The son they loved was gunned down in the street.
    Last edited by sierrarose; 03-26-2012 at 09:14 PM.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    That is what sucks. But..George should NEVER been doing a neighborhood watch with a gun. He should have NEVER kept following and then approach Trayvon. If he had done either of those 2 things, we would not be talking about this now.

    If only. Such small changes in decision in one's life can literally change someone else's life.

    Quote Originally Posted by sierrarose View Post



    I recently heard a black man say that he could always tell when he drived over a city limit into a suburban area because a police car from the community would be directly behind him. He found humor in the situation but it is an unfortunate fact of life for some of our fellow citizens.
    I'm always confused when people say this bc I am frequently followed for a few miles by cops. They usually then pass me by. That's what cops do. It's their job.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    783
    http://www.icke-exposed.co.uk/headli...o_limit_nigga/


    this is no reason for this young mans death. But it brings questions to mind... in the 911 call that george made, he says it looks like the kid is on drugs. REading on Trayvons tweets, it is deifintly made to look like he sells weed sometimes, with at least 2 different people say either they want a plant, or wheres the weed man. Also it is mentioned about Trayvon swinging on a bus driver, meaning he swung to hit him?! So, did trayvon attack goerge. Also on the 911 call, you hear george say, oh he is staring at me now, oh he walking up to me. with his hand in his pockets. Then on another 911 call, a woman is reporting someone yelling outside, and you can hear the HELP ME..it sounds more like it was trayvon yelling it, not george, but it is hard to tell since it is yelling. I think until we hear the autopsy reports, we dont really know. at least with the report, we can see if trayvon has defensive wounds with would indicate george assualted him.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Pussy Ass Cracker, huh? Can you imagine what the reaction to a shirt that says Pussy Ass Coon would be?
    i once seen a shirt that said i love being black. now you know if someone who was white wore a shirt that said i love being white, that would cause some shit.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,625
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    If only. Such small changes in decision in one's life can literally change someone else's life.



    I'm always confused when people say this bc I am frequently followed for a few miles by cops. They usually then pass me by. That's what cops do. It's their job.

    I agree with you, RaRa. I have always lived in a small town, and when I went out with my friends in a DIFFERENT small town, the cops would follow me around for no reason. I think a lot of times, especially in these little podunk towns, the police have nothing better to do, because I DEFINITELY wasn't doing anything to arouse suspicion.

    The same thing happened to my dad, as well. He went to work at 4 am every morning, and lived in a small neighborhood, in a small town. He actually had a cop follow him all the way through the neighborhood, and when he got to a stop sign, he pulled him over and asked him what he was doing. Mind you, my dad wasn't speeding or doing anything wrong. This policeman just didn't recognize him, and he asked him what he was doing. Mind you, my dad's white, as am I, so the whole "police are following me because I'm a minority"-thing really doesn't always ring true.
    Last edited by Jenivere2011; 03-27-2012 at 12:41 AM.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,625
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    i once seen a shirt that said i love being black. now you know if someone who was white wore a shirt that said i love being white, that would cause some shit.
    Yeah, it's a shame that EVERY race can't be open with their pride about their ethnicity. That seems to be only open to minorities, who are somehow given more leeway when it comes to self-expression in that area. I'm considered "caucasian," even though I'm Native American and German, by heritage.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    The petition has over 2 million signatures now. I might have considered signing it but the whole language of the peteition is a big turnoff esp. the last line:
    It doesnt request a proper investigation to determine actual events and whether or not Zimmerman is guilty of possible crimes. It demands he be prosecuted. The media representation of this subject has been slanted towards supposition of guilt and public discussion has been dominated by people who have already judged Zimmerman as guilty and ridicule any reasonable questions concerning the event, doubts of guilt or reservation of judgement. Its become a big hornets nest stirred up by sensationalist news stories, self serving special interest groups, and willing fools. Seems like the only honorable goal of the petition has already been achieved as the FBI and Dept of Justice are investigating the circumstances leading to the tragic death of Trayvon Martin.
    Amen.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    Yeah, it's a shame that EVERY race can't be open with their pride about their ethnicity.
    The real shame is that minorities have to make an effort to show people they're proud of who they are in the first place because of what white people have done to them.

    The thing I don't understand about the Stand Your Ground law is who it applies to. This kid is being stalked and literally chased by somebody. So even if Treyvon did assault Zimmerman first, wouldn't he be protected by the law first and formost?
    Last edited by beep; 03-27-2012 at 03:31 AM.
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16814&dateline=1337859949
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff."

  16. #216
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Disgusting state of NJ
    Posts
    3,399
    Racism and bigotry are rampant all over the world. I don't know if it has to do with reporters all over the world commenting on everything or what.
    There is prejudice in all forms. It's not only race (although that seems to be on everybody's hit parade), it's age discrimination, weight discrimination,
    financial discrimination your choice of social networking everything anyone does is offending someone else. Some celeb makes a off color remark he has
    to sit down with Al Sharpton who himself is a racist. I don't know how much media coverage outside the Garbage State had about it but NY police were
    spying on muslims here in NJ. I guess his highness Bloomberg doesn't think NJ could do the job themselves. As you know I myself have been the victim of
    age and racial discrimination and it ain't fun that's why I never do it.
    Last edited by Jerseysucks; 03-27-2012 at 06:19 AM.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,451
    [QUOTE=beep;1272960]The real shame is that minorities have to make an effort to show people they're proud of who they are in the first place because of what white people have done to them.

    Thank you.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    Mother seeks trademark on Trayvon. Yep, that's exactly what I'd do.
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...demarks-769123
    Jesus Christ wept and died for this.

    J

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,804
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    The real shame is that minorities have to make an effort to show people they're proud of who they are in the first place because of what white people have done to them.
    Except now it's completely swung the other way, and not only is any source of pride shown by white people immediately seen as bigotry and white supremacist leanings, but the whites experience just as much discrimination from other ethnic groups, but are forbidden to complain about it because the minorities have the monopoly on injustice. As far as I'm concerned, bigotry is spread by people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Bigotry is spread by immigrants that come with preconceptions and biases against their new neighbors. Bigotry is spread by white folk who bend over backward to appear to be helping minorities, thus treating them as though they can't take care of themselves. It isn't very easy to be white from a politically correct standpoint because you've literally bound and gagged us. Anything that we say about anything is construed as racism, but it's ok when you mock and deride us, because we have it coming. Point? The face of racism is no longer bubba with his sunburned neck and sawed off shotgun. Racism is every single color. And by focusing on the color of the victim in this case you're just making it worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    Racism and bigotry are rampant all over the world. I don't know if it has to do with reporters all over the world commenting on everything or what.
    There is prejudice in all forms. It's not only race (although that seems to be on everybody's hit parade), it's age discrimination, weight discrimination,
    financial discrimination your choice of social networking everything anyone does is offending someone else. Some celeb makes a off color remark he has
    to sit down with Al Sharpton who himself is a racist. I don't know how much media coverage outside the Garbage State had about it but NY police were
    spying on muslims here in NJ. I guess his highness Bloomberg doesn't think NJ could do the job themselves. As you know I myself have been the victim of
    age and racial discrimination and it ain't fun that's why I never do it.
    Amen.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    The thing I don't understand about the Stand Your Ground law is who it applies to. This kid is being stalked and literally chased by somebody. So even if Treyvon did assault Zimmerman first, wouldn't he be protected by the law first and formost?


    Well, apperantly not, according to some of Zimmerman's supporters. He wasn't allowed to attempt to fight back, nor "Stand His Ground".
    Last edited by Find A Death Fan; 03-27-2012 at 08:53 AM.

  21. #221
    Somehow this topic got lost.....
    Last edited by Find A Death Fan; 03-27-2012 at 09:05 AM.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/is-t...itter-account/

    I think his mother trying to profit out of this shows what a wonderful family this is. Makes me wonder if the apple didn't fall far from the tree. This kid didn't deserve what happened to him, but he was probably no angel.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,625
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    Except now it's completely swung the other way, and not only is any source of pride shown by white people immediately seen as bigotry and white supremacist leanings, but the whites experience just as much discrimination from other ethnic groups, but are forbidden to complain about it because the minorities have the monopoly on injustice. As far as I'm concerned, bigotry is spread by people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Bigotry is spread by immigrants that come with preconceptions and biases against their new neighbors. Bigotry is spread by white folk who bend over backward to appear to be helping minorities, thus treating them as though they can't take care of themselves. It isn't very easy to be white from a politically correct standpoint because you've literally bound and gagged us. Anything that we say about anything is construed as racism, but it's ok when you mock and deride us, because we have it coming. Point? The face of racism is no longer bubba with his sunburned neck and sawed off shotgun. Racism is every single color. And by focusing on the color of the victim in this case you're just making it worse.
    Thank you for that. You put it a lot more eloquently than I did.

  24. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    he was probably no angel.
    I agree, im willing to bet money he wasn't either. But, then again, nobody on earth is/was.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    People who are murdered every day arent angels either. No one is.

    However, if Trayvon was an angel or not isnt what matters or isnt the issue here.

    The issue here is he is the victim of a homicide - and what happens now?
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

  26. #226
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/is-t...itter-account/

    I think his mother trying to profit out of this shows what a wonderful family this is. Makes me wonder if the apple didn't fall far from the tree. This kid didn't deserve what happened to him, but he was probably no angel.
    It seems that some stuff is coming up about previous posts by the victim on facebook and twitter that don't paint him in a good light. However, it remains to be seen what is fact and what is spin.

    Trayvon Martin shooting: New details emerge from Twitter account, witness testimony

    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/...180103647.html
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  27. #227
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,886
    My question is what the hell is a man with a Assault on a police officer and a spousal abuse on his record doing brandishing a hand gun in public. The police gave it back to him. Did they even check his record? And since when is having a empty baggy that smelled like weed a capital offense? His suspension is irrelevant.

  28. #228
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    My question is what the hell is a man with a Assault on a police officer and a spousal abuse on his record doing brandishing a hand gun in public. The police gave it back to him. Did they even check his record? And since when is having a empty baggy that smelled like weed a capital offense? His suspension is irrelevant.
    I agree
    This is spin to cover the cops ass's

  29. #229
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,141
    Zimmermans lawyer ran away from the Lawrence O'Donnell show?

    What in the world............

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D146809

  30. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    My question is what the hell is a man with a Assault on a police officer and a spousal abuse on his record doing brandishing a hand gun in public. The police gave it back to him. Did they even check his record? And since when is having a empty baggy that smelled like weed a capital offense? His suspension is irrelevant.
    Yeah. People seem to keep forgetting that the pic that they have posted of Zimmerman is a BOOKING photo. Trayvon had no record. That has been confirmed.

    As for the weed, youre completly right. I was suspended in high school (for ditching too much) I guess that would make me a good candidate to be murdered as well
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

  31. #231
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by discod View Post
    We had our riots here last year due to an unarmed black guy being shot in cold blood by the cops.......im sensing wherever in the US this took place, that it is about to kick off big time.
    Gun crime is on the rise here in the UK but as ive said before I think in the USA guns are far to easy to get hold off!
    I agree.

    I am not sure what the real motivation was to shoot that kid, but it seems to me like a lot of homicides in USA could have been avoided if guns were not an integral part of society.

    If find it very disturbing that anyone can even think that shooting another person is ok.

    Where I live, weapons are not allowed in the streets and you van only own a weapon for job purposes or if you are using it for target shooting sports or hunting.

    Self defense may only be used at same level - that is : you can not escalate the violence. If some person attacks you with his bare hands you may not use a deadly weapon.

    I find it absolutely NOT ok to shoot some kid who is walking the street. His behavior in school, his clothing and smoking weed does not seem to make him a target for capital punishment.

    Whether or not a racial issue is mixed in here, I find it very hard to believe he actually did anything so bad that he ought to be put down like a stray dog.

    I would welcome more nuances in the information available regarding why the shooter choose to shoot instead og just letting the kid be on his way.
    Last edited by tophat; 03-27-2012 at 11:25 AM.

  32. #232
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,141
    Also, just wanted to add that it seems that some people want this kid to have been a troublemaker and a no good, so that Zimmerman would be totally justified in killing him.

    No kidding.

  33. #233
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Also, just wanted to add that it seems that some people want this kid to have been a troublemaker and a no good, so that Zimmerman would be totally justified in killing him.

    No kidding.
    Just my thoughts put in a short way

  34. #234
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by tophat View Post
    I agree.

    I am not sure what the real motivation was to shoot that kid, but it seems to me like a lot of homiocides in USA could have been avoided if guns were not an integral part of society.

    If find it very disturbing that anyone can even think that shooting another person is ok.

    Where I live, weapons are not allowed in the streets and you van only own a weapon for job purposes or if you are using it for target shooting sports or hunting.

    Self defense may only be used at same level - that is : you can not escalate the violence. If some person attacks you with his bare hands you may not use a deadly weapon.

    I find it abaolutely NOT ok to shoot some kid who is walking the street. His behavior in school, his clothing and smoking weed does not seem to make him a target for capital punishment.

    Whether or not a racial issue is mixed in here, I find it very hard to believe he actually did anything so bad that he ought to be put down like a stray dog.

    I would welcome more nuances in the information available regarding why the shooter choose to shoot instead og just letting the kid be on his way.
    The problem is not with guns, but with no enforcing laws about guns. In CT if you have a felony you can't own a gun. Period. If you get arrested and have guns you lose these guns. I am a registered gun owner and if I felt threatened I would use it. This case is so hard because there are really two people who know what happened. One is dead and the other won't tell the truth at this point.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  35. #235
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    Except now it's completely swung the other way, and not only is any source of pride shown by white people immediately seen as bigotry and white supremacist leanings, but the whites experience just as much discrimination from other ethnic groups, but are forbidden to complain about it because the minorities have the monopoly on injustice. As far as I'm concerned, bigotry is spread by people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Bigotry is spread by immigrants that come with preconceptions and biases against their new neighbors. Bigotry is spread by white folk who bend over backward to appear to be helping minorities, thus treating them as though they can't take care of themselves. It isn't very easy to be white from a politically correct standpoint because you've literally bound and gagged us. Anything that we say about anything is construed as racism, but it's ok when you mock and deride us, because we have it coming. Point? The face of racism is no longer bubba with his sunburned neck and sawed off shotgun. Racism is every single color. And by focusing on the color of the victim in this case you're just making it worse.



    Amen.
    You have literally been bound and gagged? You need to call the police.

    Anything you say about anything is thought of as racist? I'm assuming you're exaggerating or when at a restaurant when you ask what the soup of the day is they say "that's racist."?

    Excuse me if I don't have much sympathy for people of my own race because we MAY run into people who are overly sensitive about racism. If that's all we white people have to deal with compared to what we've put other races through, I'll take it in a heart beat!
    Last edited by beep; 03-27-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16814&dateline=1337859949
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff."

  36. #236
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Godforsaken Midwest
    Posts
    428
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ked-phenomenon

    http://www.newnation.org/NNN-Black-on-White.html

    http://www.aim.org/special-report/ai...cial-violence/

    White people endure racism just as much as minorities in our modern society. Racism comes in all shapes, colors, and sizes, people. You can be a victim or you can be a force. It shouldn't be a difficult choice.
    Darkling, I listen; and, for many a time
    I have been half in love with easeful Death.
    - John Keats
    Learn, Accept, Love. http://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.com/

  37. #237
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    "
    In addition, Martin's Miami school records show that he has been suspended three times.
    Family attorney Benjamin Crump confirmed to ABC News that Martin had been slapped with a 10 day school suspension after a bag with suspected marijuana was found in his backpack.
    Last year Martin was suspended for spraying graffiti on school grounds. The Miami Herald reported that the school guard who stopped him searched his backpack and found 12 items of women's jewelry and a flathead screw driver that the guard believed to be a "burglary implement." But Martin was never charged or specifically disciplined for the incident. "

    http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-...opstories.html

    IDC about the pot, but sounds like someone was a little thief.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  38. #238
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Godforsaken Midwest
    Posts
    428
    Even if he was a thief, I don't think that should matter...
    Darkling, I listen; and, for many a time
    I have been half in love with easeful Death.
    - John Keats
    Learn, Accept, Love. http://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.com/

  39. #239
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalHeadBettie View Post
    Even if he was a thief, I don't think that should matter...
    Doesn't mean that he deserved to be shot, but it does bring up questions about his possible behavior/attitude that night.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  40. #240
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    They say he didn't have a record, but he was a juvenile so they couldn't confirm that could they?


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  41. #241
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,804
    I don't think I need to pay for the wrongdoings of past generations, nor do I need to apologize to people of a certain race for those wrongdoings just because their parents and grandparents suffered. I'm not whipping anyone to make them plow faster, nor am I making them go to the back of the bus or lynching them for fucking my white friend. I'm not "grateful" to be white. I shouldn't have to be. From where I stand, racism is sprayed in every direction, and I get hit just as much. And my opinion on where it's really bad? BOTH sides fan the flames. They don't want equality. They want to be top dog. Racial profiling in law enforcement sucks. Innocent people get screwed. But again, the only way to change it is to stop sorting by shade and aim for true equality. Discrimination happens to every race. If you've never been through it then you're lucky. Those who truly don't see or care about color don't play the who has it worse game. They just live like humans.

    Pointing out hyperbole is not an argument by the way. It's just filler. Air.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  42. #242
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Doesn't mean that he deserved to be shot, but it does bring up questions about his possible behavior/attitude that night.
    He was on the phone while Zimmerman was following him. Is that suspicious behavior?

  43. #243
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,804
    One of the earlier links said he was on the phone with his girlfriend and the line went dead.

    I'm really concerned about the ball dropped by the cops. Anyone with high school psych could tell just from the 911 calls that this guy was not playing with a full deck. Someone should have been making sure he wasn't out playing Everglade Rambo.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  44. #244
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    He was on the phone while Zimmerman was following him. Is that suspicious behavior?
    All that I was saying is that certain neighborhoods breed fear. When people are afraid they can act irrationally. Our capitol is a dangerous place. Someone from that city could walk down my neighborhood and be waved at. If I was to walk in theirs there is a good chance I would be killed.

    After the fact everyone wants to make him out to be a saint, but in reality that may or may not be true. The fact is he was suspended for having jewelry and burglary tools. That raises some flags.

    If a gang leader is shot while buying milk at a store no one would care because he is a gang leader. Someone who steals has the mind set or potential to do other bad things.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  45. #245
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    They say he didn't have a record, but he was a juvenile so they couldn't confirm that could they?
    I was just wondering that. Aren't juvenile records usually sealed?
    Ive been very fortunate to play this long, been a part of a lot of good organizations, played with a lot of great players, so, it means a lot to me. ~ Paul Martin on playing his 800th NHL game, December 2, 2016.

  46. #246
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    My question is what the hell is a man with a Assault on a police officer and a spousal abuse on his record doing brandishing a hand gun in public. The police gave it back to him. Did they even check his record? And since when is having a empty baggy that smelled like weed a capital offense? His suspension is irrelevant.
    Was not convicted(pretrial intervention type thing), therefore no record. Gotta read in between the lines, not just what they want you to hear.

    The pot thing should have no bearing on the kid, as much as the assault/abuse deal should have no bearing on the other guy as he was not charged/convicted of either. Hence no record on either side of the fence.

  47. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    All that I was saying is that certain neighborhoods breed fear. When people are afraid they can act irrationally. Our capitol is a dangerous place. Someone from that city could walk down my neighborhood and be waved at. If I was to walk in theirs there is a good chance I would be killed.

    After the fact everyone wants to make him out to be a saint, but in reality that may or may not be true. The fact is he was suspended for having jewelry and burglary tools. That raises some flags.

    If a gang leader is shot while buying milk at a store no one would care because he is a gang leader. Someone who steals has the mind set or potential to do other bad things.
    But the law protects that gang leader from a vigilante gunning him down outside of the 711 because he might jack a car after buying the milk.

    I see what you're saying but I don't think this was reasonable paranoia on Zimmerman's part. I think he'd been waiting for a chance. Just my take on what we have for info.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  48. #248
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    I was just wondering that. Aren't juvenile records usually sealed?
    I thought so.. I am almost positive that they are here.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  49. #249
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    But the law protects that gang leader from a vigilante gunning him down outside of the 711 because he might jack a car after buying the milk.

    I see what you're saying but I don't think this was reasonable paranoia on Zimmerman's part. I think he'd been waiting for a chance. Just my take on what we have for info.
    I absolutely agree with that statement. Just shooting thoughts around. When criminals are killed very few care. All I want are the facts and in this case there seems to be very little of that.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  50. #250
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,804
    Yes definitely short on facts.

    The reason for the rush to vilify Trayvon is because people need a reason. No one wants to think that they could be offed walking home from the store by a neighborhood watch captain off his meds, so they look for criminal behavior on the part of the victim so they can say "oh that won't be me".
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •