Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 2594

Thread: Trayvon Martin

  1. #101
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    348
    This case has been making a lot of news over here in the UK. I think it was racially motivated. Why? Because it probably wouldn't have happened if Trayvon had been white. Such a sad story. Poor kid killed for nothing. RIP Trayvon and I hope your family get the justice you deserve.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    1,146
    I do agree this was racially motivated. I'm not disputing that. I just don't want to see the other issues in this case -- police incompetence or corruption, interpreting the "Stand Your Ground" law, are neighborhood watchmen given too much power or leeway, etc. -- to get lost amidst the rallying cries of Sharpton and friends.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Concord , California, United States
    Posts
    7,032
    I don't know a lot about this but to me it seems to me this guy is a self proclaimed neighborhood watch captin or whatever the hell he called himself. He to me at least is a fanatic. His type thrives on this shit. He was wanting to catch/shoot somebody. Waiting for the oppurtunty to present itself. Maybe he is a racist I can't say since I don't know him. But the proof is there, as this young man was talking to his girlfriend on the phone saying some creepy guy is following him or watching him ..... this makes me think that this neighborhood watch guy was just itching to shoot somebody.. they should arrest theis guy for involuntary manslaughter for starters , But I don't know florida law.

    Al ( not so ) sharpton, jessie jackson and the rest I've always looked at as people who use race as the be all end all reason.
    Last edited by Forever-27; 03-25-2012 at 07:06 AM.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Olivenhain, California
    Posts
    3,462
    Morbidly obese, frustrated with his role in life, six years at a community college with only a vocational certificate, GZ's life was one of frustration and it's unfortunate Trayvon paid the price.

    http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2012/...-a-caring.html

    Dr. Laurence Miller, a Palm Beach County clinical psychologist who works with local police agencies, said he believes Zimmerman likely was acting out the "whole TV cop role in his head" when he confronted Trayvon.

    "A lot of people like the power and control that law enforcement officers have but with that comes a tremendous amount of responsibility," Miller said, pointing out that a police officer is the only profession that can use "coercive physical force" or lethal force to subdue a suspected criminal.
    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Olivenhain, California
    Posts
    3,462
    George Zimmerman ... more evidence of his instability

    http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_ne...erman_may_be_a

    Some of the other weird/paranoid/unreasonable things Zimmerman called the police for include:
    An open garage door;
    Trash in the roadway;
    A loud party;
    Yellow speed bike doing wheelies in the roadway;
    A pot hole;
    His landlord trying to collect his rent;
    His ex-roommate letting people he doesn't like his house;
    A stray dog;
    A car driving around the neighborhood.

    I can only imagine what other skeletons must be lurking in Zimmerman's upbringing and background, or what psychologists might be saying about this kind of behavior. I'm sure we will hear more in the coming days and weeks as this case is not going away until Zimmerman is made to pay for shooting unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last month.
    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    1,146
    That's part of my point too. I don't think racism is the only motivation or problem with this case. To me, this guy clearly showed signs of just plain old instability and that alone scares me, considering he was playing Mr. Neighborhood Watchman. The racism aspect seems to be part of the equation, yes, but I think there's other issues in this case that need to be addressed as well.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    I agree that this "neighborhood watchman" was itching to have a reason to confront someone and make himself feel important. Wasn't Dennis Rader (BTK killer) also a neighborhood watchman who also made a huge deal about small things like grass being an exact length and other petty things because he was a control freak who liked to make himself look important?

  8. #108
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Disgusting state of NJ
    Posts
    3,399
    Looks like Zimmerman is going to be lynched. This guy brought down a firestorm of hatred on himself. IMHO I think Zimmerman will end up
    commiting suicide. Unless he fails at that too. When he goes to prison bye bye either way he's dead.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    I would not want my child followed by anyone either. It's unnerving to see that people don't think Trayvon's past should be questioned. Since when? I asked bc I saw that he'd been suspended right before this happened. To pretend that's not a valid question shows how one sided this has become.

    The reason I'm holding off on my judgment of this case (which is not normal haha) is PURELY bc one thing is being shoved down my throat & i am resisting being forced to believe something I can't see for myself. I believe wholeheartedly that if everyone would STOP making this about race I could see through the cloudiness. I am very scared of what I am seeing happening in this country.


    As far as baby pictures being used in the media, it's just one more way to confuse the issues.

    I did listen to the tapes but as I sat here all i could think about was the Judas Priest case.

    Quote Originally Posted by racingfan View Post
    Been following this, but haven't commented yet. So we learn from this article that Zimmerman wanted to be a cop. That explains a lot right there. He probably thought his neighborhood watch job was practice for the big leagues.

    What's frustrating to me, is this should never have become a racial case. Zimmerman should not be "on trial" here for being racist. People -- and the law -- need to get their focus back on the real issue here: why did a grown man kill an unarmed teenager who didn't seem to be doing anything wrong? Was it self-defense? How could it be when this kid weighed 100 pounds less and had no weapon? That's all that should matter here.
    I agree with this. very much. Let's stop muddying the waters & just let us see the facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    I would agree racing fan, not the main focus, but certainly one that is part of the investigation.

    As to proof, one of his calls, refers to, "blacks getting away with crimes in his neighborhood." On the link I posted, three of his 911 calls were to report blacks.

    GZ's family making supportive comments would be expected, yet GZ has a history of instability, and appears to be suffering from paranoia, as well as obsessive about a volunteer position for which he was not qualified.
    Only THREE??? Seriously? Of the 50 something calls? Only 3 were about blacks? Is this true?

    I'm not leaning toward Zimmerman being innocent, but I am definitely feeling like we are all being forced to see things ONE way & that scares the crap outta me. Especially when if one questions the facts selectively being given it is a bad thing.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    1,146
    ^RaRa: I agree with just about everything you're saying.

    Only reason I would say the boy's past isn't as a big an issue to me is because I don't think it's entirely relevant to the situation at hand. Though if we learned he was often in fights, it might change our perspectives, the bottom line is, he was unarmed. But I would like more conclusive evidence showing what transpired that night. Why did Zimmerman have wounds? Were there more wounds on Trayvon besides the gunshot? In other words, is there any evidence of a struggle? I'm not saying the kid brought this on himself AT ALL. I just like knowing all the facts. I have to say, based on what I am reading, there is likely racism involved here, but I just don't think this is a hate crime. I think this is more of a nutcase in a position of power crime.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    We need to stick Rivera, Sharpton and Jackson in a pod and blast it into orbit.
    Awesome
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Olivenhain, California
    Posts
    3,462
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I would not want my child followed by anyone either. It's unnerving to see that people don't think Trayvon's past should be questioned. Since when? I asked bc I saw that he'd been suspended right before this happened. To pretend that's not a valid question shows how one sided this has become.

    The reason I'm holding off on my judgment of this case (which is not normal haha) is PURELY bc one thing is being shoved down my throat & i am resisting being forced to believe something I can't see for myself. I believe wholeheartedly that if everyone would STOP making this about race I could see through the cloudiness. I am very scared of what I am seeing happening in this country.


    As far as baby pictures being used in the media, it's just one more way to confuse the issues.

    I did listen to the tapes but as I sat here all i could think about was the Judas Priest case.



    I agree with this. very much. Let's stop muddying the waters & just let us see the facts.



    Only THREE??? Seriously? Of the 50 something calls? Only 3 were about blacks? Is this true?

    I'm not leaning toward Zimmerman being innocent, but I am definitely feeling like we are all being forced to see things ONE way & that scares the crap outta me. Especially when if one questions the facts selectively being given it is a bad thing.
    Trayvon's life is out on the web and open to scrutiny, pity those who don't take the time to look. Trayvon was an A-B student, did not have any issues of violent behavior, was on 5 day suspension for, "tardiness," was known for his ability to take things apart, and put them back together ... his goal, airline mechanic.

    Only three calls have been published, and this is why I have posted, "three." It's also known GZ went door to door warning his neighbors about, "black kids." GZ has a history of erratic, volatile, obsessive behavior, possibly accelerating to becoming a vigilante.

    I don't expect, "judgment," from anyone on message boards, but can and do say, I do become disappointed at the lack of research and critical thinking.

    Oh well ... it isn't me ...

    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Olivenhain, California
    Posts
    3,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I agree that this "neighborhood watchman" was itching to have a reason to confront someone and make himself feel important. Wasn't Dennis Rader (BTK killer) also a neighborhood watchman who also made a huge deal about small things like grass being an exact length and other petty things because he was a control freak who liked to make himself look important?
    You can see the acceleration of behavior over time. It it wasn't Trayvon, it would have been another young black man.
    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfan View Post
    ^RaRa: I agree with just about everything you're saying.

    Only reason I would say the boy's past isn't as a big an issue to me is because I don't think it's entirely relevant to the situation at hand. Though if we learned he was often in fights, it might change our perspectives, the bottom line is, he was unarmed. But I would like more conclusive evidence showing what transpired that night. Why did Zimmerman have wounds? Were there more wounds on Trayvon besides the gunshot? In other words, is there any evidence of a struggle? I'm not saying the kid brought this on himself AT ALL. I just like knowing all the facts. I have to say, based on what I am reading, there is likely racism involved here, but I just don't think this is a hate crime. I think this is more of a nutcase in a position of power crime.
    When I asked though I couldn't find anything about him & I couldn't find why he was suspended. Now that i know, I agree that it's not an issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    Trayvon's life is out on the web and open to scrutiny, pity those who don't take the time to look. Trayvon was an A-B student, did not have any issues of violent behavior, was on 5 day suspension for, "tardiness," was known for his ability to take things apart, and put them back together ... his goal, airline mechanic.

    Only three calls have been published, and this is why I have posted, "three." It's also known GZ went door to door warning his neighbors about, "black kids." GZ has a history of erratic, volatile, obsessive behavior, possibly accelerating to becoming a vigilante.

    I don't expect, "judgment," from anyone on message boards, but can and do say, I do become disappointed at the lack of research and critical thinking.

    Oh well ... it isn't me ...

    Really Giada? I've been posting here since the thread started & at that time little to nothing was known about this kid. That's why I kept asking. That's the point of a group discussion. In fact I think it was someone local who told me the reason for his suspension. I couldn't find that anywhere. You know good & well that I always want the facts bc we've been on the same side many times when the rest of the members were only going on what they "heard," not the facts that you & I were digging up. So I'm really suprised that'd you be so judgmental.




    I guess mob mentality isn't only for hoodie protestors. Whatever. At least I do want facts & not racist assumptions.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    Who calls their kid Trayvon? That's not right.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Concord , California, United States
    Posts
    7,032
    The cops did drop the ball ..... zimmerman did shoot this boy. He should have been taken into custody on the spot. It shouldn't have gone this long. If nothing else for manslaughter if not for murder. I honestly doubt floridas stand your ground law applies here. The boy was no threat

  17. #117

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    Trayvon's life is out on the web and open to scrutiny, pity those who don't take the time to look. Trayvon was an A-B student, did not have any issues of violent behavior, was on 5 day suspension for, "tardiness," was known for his ability to take things apart, and put them back together ... his goal, airline mechanic.

    Only three calls have been published, and this is why I have posted, "three." It's also known GZ went door to door warning his neighbors about, "black kids." GZ has a history of erratic, volatile, obsessive behavior, possibly accelerating to becoming a vigilante.


  18. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,584
    Friends come to George Zimmerman's defense, saying he's not racist, 'fears for his life': report

    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1qAIXqcin

    “Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.”

    Winston CXhruchill

  19. #119
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    Friends come to George Zimmerman's defense, saying he's not racist, 'fears for his life': report

    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1qAIXqcin
    He brought it on himself

    What a monumental asshole

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    The more I hear, the more frightening the whole thing becomes.

    Zimmerman was clearly an accident waiting to happen.

    Whomever said it it wasnt this kid it would have been someone else was right.

    Jeb Bush came out and said when he signed in the Stand your ground law - this was NOT what he meant at all. He said following someone who is retreating is not ok, and you all know how I feel about Jeb Bush
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Maybe when I watch the news tonight I'll have changed my mind & I'll see Zimmerman as a cold blooded murderer. But until then I continue to do my own research.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefCookChemist View Post
    Its expected for people to question if Zimmerman was completely wrong. But to be honest there is an overwhelming amount of evidence that proves that Zimmerman shot and killed and unarmed person(Trayvon). The outrage is coming from the fact that he still has NOT been arrested.

    If Trayvon had shot an unarmed person, Trayvon would be in jail awaiting a trial.

    If Trayvon had been a white boy in a hoodie, Zimmerman would be in jail awaiting trial.

    STOP using the fact that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are involved as an excuse to doubt the seriousness of this case. Do your own research and don't listen to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.
    I have avoided stating my opinion on this thread for obvious reasons. However I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your comment.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    That's the most ridiculous & embarrassing thing I've ever heard. had it been a black guy who killed a white kid we would NEVER have heard about it. period. the end. Plus we aren't even talking about black & white. It's hispanic & black. So your argument is invalid.

    You know, the more y'all make it about race the less justice we can hope to have in the future. just bc people are different races & get involved in a crime doesn't make it a hate crime or a racial crime. Please please get over yourselves. People are just stupid, or angry, or lose control. Leave it alone already.
    Last edited by RaRaRamona; 03-25-2012 at 08:09 PM.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  25. #125
    This incident wasn't about race, though Zimmerman is on record referring to Trayvon as a "fucking coon"...Not racist at all....I wonder who he was referring too lol

  26. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,431
    racism and bigotry has gotten so bad. I don't get it. and it's not just white people.... ok? It's along all lines. Obama was supposed to
    bring us all together. wtf happent???

  27. #127
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    I can't say whether he was saying coon or not. I think I hear it, but that's what they were telling me to hear. Like I said, reminds me too much of the Judas Priest trials.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  28. #128
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,204
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I can't say whether he was saying coon or not. I think I hear it, but that's what they were telling me to hear. Like I said, reminds me too much of the Judas Priest trials.
    See, I hadn't heard what it was he was supposed to have said before I listened to it, but that is what I heard. Like I said upthread, I gave him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he was saying "goons" but then when they played it over and over it was clearly coons. I don't know. I think it's interesting that we all hear it differently, but it's super clear to me what he's saying. The guys on CNN were also like "we can't say for sure".


  29. #129
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Maybe when I watch the news tonight I'll have changed my mind & I'll see Zimmerman as a cold blooded murderer. But until then I continue to do my own research.
    Seriously?
    He shot and killed this CHILD in cold blood.
    What about the facts escapes you?

  30. #130
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Find A Death Fan View Post
    This incident wasn't about race, though Zimmerman is on record referring to Trayvon as a "fucking coon"...Not racist at all....I wonder who he was referring too lol
    Certainly not raccoons..........

  31. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,694
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Seriously?
    He shot and killed this CHILD in cold blood.
    What about the facts escapes you?
    Seems to be that way. We dont have all the facts yet though. I dont understand why you would be incredulous that people would reserve judgement on a matter until they have learned more about the circumstances.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  32. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    See, I hadn't heard what it was he was supposed to have said before I listened to it, but that is what I heard. Like I said upthread, I gave him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he was saying "goons" but then when they played it over and over it was clearly coons. I don't know. I think it's interesting that we all hear it differently, but it's super clear to me what he's saying. The guys on CNN were also like "we can't say for sure".
    I know you did, I'm just saying I couldn't figure it out. I understand that people are hearing it & I did too! But again, I was told that's what it was. Before I heard I also kept hearing that people couldn't figure out what it was. Nothing personal to anyone.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  33. #133
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    That's the most ridiculous & embarrassing thing I've ever heard. had it been a black guy who killed a white kid we would NEVER have heard about it. period. the end. Plus we aren't even talking about black & white. It's hispanic & black. So your argument is invalid.

    You know, the more y'all make it about race the less justice we can hope to have in the future. just bc people are different races & get involved in a crime doesn't make it a hate crime or a racial crime. Please please get over yourselves. People are just stupid, or angry, or lose control. Leave it alone already.
    I like the way you think and express it..I totally agree with you.

  34. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Seriously?
    He shot and killed this CHILD in cold blood.
    What about the facts escapes you?
    Well, I guess just the same things I keep asking that no one has answers for. How did Zimmerman get bloody? He had injuries to his face & head, front and back. Trayvon had no other injuries but was shot dead. No one has come forward saying Zimmerman was a whackadoodle - besides opinions on his 911 calls, but you know, every neighborhood has an overeager watchman. That doesn't make him a cold blooded killer. Maybe he is, but being anxious doesn't make it so. Had they had run ins before? What were they like before this? No kid is crystal clear but that's what the media is saying about this kid. And again, maybe he is. But to be given the photos that I see, which are sickeningly biased, and the backgrounds of each player, which are sickeningly biased, and to have this man's guilt chanted by thousands of protesters who I guarantee are even less informed than I am TRULY frightens me.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  35. #135
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    ANd to be clear, I am not a Zimmerman supporter, I just feel very afraid of making a judgement bc things are escalating so very fast & I do not trust this situation at all. I am wary of being swept up in it.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  36. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Certainly not raccoons..........

    Apparently, in Zimmerman's twisted mind he thought so, he hunted and gunned that young man down like he was a racoon

  37. #137
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,204
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Well, I guess just the same things I keep asking that no one has answers for. How did Zimmerman get bloody? He had injuries to his face & head, front and back. Trayvon had no other injuries but was shot dead. No one has come forward saying Zimmerman was a whackadoodle - besides opinions on his 911 calls, but you know, every neighborhood has an overeager watchman. That doesn't make him a cold blooded killer. Maybe he is, but being anxious doesn't make it so. Had they had run ins before? What were they like before this? No kid is crystal clear but that's what the media is saying about this kid. And again, maybe he is. But to be given the photos that I see, which are sickeningly biased, and the backgrounds of each player, which are sickeningly biased, and to have this man's guilt chanted by thousands of protesters who I guarantee are even less informed than I am TRULY frightens me.
    I agree there are definitely still questions in this case that need to be answered. I am not in on the witch-hunt for this guy yet. I really wish this guy would tell his side of the story or someone would release more details, because as you said, the way it is sounding now it's definitely sounding like this Zimmerman did something horrible.


  38. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post


    Ive read about the witness "john" and for me, I wrote my Masters thesis on wrongful convictions, many of which were overturned later due to eyewitness testimony. Its notorious for being faulty and one of the main reasons for exonerations today.

    That being said, how many here thnk "john" will be willing to come forward later if and when Zimmerman is indicted and testify? Chances are slim to none.

    I dont know what he saw, or if he saw anything. However, as I stated, I always am skeptical of eyewitness testimony

    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

  39. #139
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,204
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Ive read about the witness "john" and for me, I wrote my Masters thesis on wrongful convictions, many of which were overturned later due to eyewitness testimony. Its notorious for being faulty and one of the main reasons for exonerations today.

    That being said, how many here thnk "john" will be willing to come forward later if and when Zimmerman is indicted and testify? Chances are slim to none.

    I dont know what he saw, or if he saw anything. However, as I stated, I always am skeptical of eyewitness testimony
    I agree eyewitness reports can be faulty, I guess it partly depends on how long he witnessed this. If it's a fleeting glance at something you don't really realize what is going on at the time it's really easy to be wrong. If he watched for a longer time I believe they tend to be more accurate. This is such a tangled case though. Because I wonder what I would do if someone was following me... would I feel threatened? Could Trayvon known that he was being followed and been worried about his own safety, thinking the same thing that Zimmerman was? Like I said before, lots of unanswered questions for me, many that probably never will be, unfortunately.


  40. #140
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Disgusting state of NJ
    Posts
    3,399
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1377993.html


    Mellissa Harris Perry fashion guide for black and Latino people.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

  41. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by mstee2u1972 View Post
    I have avoided stating my opinion on this thread for obvious reasons. However I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your comment.
    You're very welcome msTee

  42. #142
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27
    ^^^^ That picture is not a picture of trayvon martin. Its picture of a different young black man that will probably be gunned down for dressing like a "stereotypical thug" too. Research a little harder.

  43. #143
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    That's the most ridiculous & embarrassing thing I've ever heard. had it been a black guy who killed a white kid we would NEVER have heard about it. period. the end. Plus we aren't even talking about black & white. It's hispanic & black. So your argument is invalid.

    .
    Every race is capable of racism. But ONLY black men have to deal with the ridiculous amount of racial profiling from cops/authority figures.

  44. #144

  45. #145
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Corralitos, Cal
    Posts
    6,996
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfan View Post
    I guess what I'm trying to say is, this shouldn't be a Sharptom/Jackson media opportunity.
    Like flies on dog poop. Those attention whores wouldn't pass up the chance.

  46. #146
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,133
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefCookChemist View Post
    Every race is capable of racism. But ONLY black men have to deal with the ridiculous amount of racial profiling from cops/authority figures.
    ^^
    Agreed.
    “I’ve been very fortunate to play this long, been a part of a lot of good organizations, played with a lot of great players, so, it means a lot to me.” ~ Paul Martin on playing his 800th NHL game, December 2, 2016.

  47. #147
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Disgusting state of NJ
    Posts
    3,399
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefCookChemist View Post
    Every race is capable of racism. But ONLY black men have to deal with the ridiculous amount of racial profiling from cops/authority figures.
    What about muslims?
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

  48. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canton Ohio
    Posts
    705
    I honestly don't know what to say...this whole thing just makes me really sad..
    save a life become an organ and tissue donor!

  49. #149
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,584
    A little more Racism to feed the fires?
    An Unfortunate T-Shirt Hits Florida Streets In Wake Of Trayvon Martin Killing


    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...-tshirt-759832

    “Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.”

    Winston CXhruchill

  50. #150
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,804
    you know what the best way to diffuse the racial angle of this case would be (if in fact Zimmerman was racially motivated)?

    Discuss and protest and poorly worded law that gives citizens too much leeway
    Discuss and condemn improper behavior by law enforcement
    Discuss and work to fix the training and procedures (and screening processes) for neighborhood watch captains.

    In other words, put your money where your mouth is and prove that race doesn't matter. Rise above.

    You are never going to eradicate racism. It will not happen. People will be bigots until the end of time. If you get down in the gutter and focus on terms like "fucking coon" and the like instead of pushing for an investigation into the real issue, you're no better than them.

    This guy was a headcase. Racism was clearly one of many major issues. The best way to take the wind out of his sails is to remember that and treat both Zimmerman and Trayvon as humans.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •